Old 10-01-2010, 01:07 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

As a relative newbie (1 month on IP) It's encouraging to see your posts and know that there are many who've been long term successful with IP and continue to maintain their weight-loss. I needed to read this thread tonight. Thanks!
MotherDuckMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:28 AM   #62  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
As a relative newbie (1 month on IP) It's encouraging to see your posts and know that there are many who've been long term successful with IP and continue to maintain their weight-loss. I needed to read this thread tonight. Thanks!
But, you know. it's a 2-way street. Someone helped us, so. . . .
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:42 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

I enjoyed reading this thread tonight, so many people who were here and posting when I first started on the boards!

Pita: I would totally do phase one a week before a mexico trip, you need to be svelt for the bikini!

I know what you all mean about sabotaging yourself -- I'm in phase 2 now, pretty happy with my body, and almost played it fast and loose with the fork tonight at dinner. Seriously! I am so freaking close, I somehow stopped myself from grabbing that crab cake and shoving it whole in my face. WTH?
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #64  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Well we went to the Open House last night and it was pretty fun. I was like a celebrity They kept using me as an example and asking me lots of questions and kept showing my picture. I think the people who are considering the diet really liked being able to ask someone who's done it, questions. For them to hear that I have been on maintenance for 3 months and haven't gained really spoke volumes to them.

My mom is for sure interested but is still scared that it won't work for her. I asked her how long she has been doing this current diet of counting her fat grams and not going over the set amount. She said "7 weeks" I said, "How much have you lost?" She said, "nothing!" I told her there is no way this will happen with Ideal Protein. So as we were driving home I told her that I presented this opportunity to her and now the ball is in her court. I am starting Phase 1 again on October 13th and if she wants an accountability partner, I will be it.

I'll let you know if she joins. I'm excited to be at 145 -150!!! I really, really love this plan!!
carlasherea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Well we went to the Open House last night and it was pretty fun. I was like a celebrity They kept using me as an example and asking me lots of questions and kept showing my picture. I think the people who are considering the diet really liked being able to ask someone who's done it, questions. For them to hear that I have been on maintenance for 3 months and haven't gained really spoke volumes to them.

My mom is for sure interested but is still scared that it won't work for her. I asked her how long she has been doing this current diet of counting her fat grams and not going over the set amount. She said "7 weeks" I said, "How much have you lost?" She said, "nothing!" I told her there is no way this will happen with Ideal Protein. So as we were driving home I told her that I presented this opportunity to her and now the ball is in her court. I am starting Phase 1 again on October 13th and if she wants an accountability partner, I will be it.

I'll let you know if she joins. I'm excited to be at 145 -150!!! I really, really love this plan!!
Yah....what a nice feeling to be held up as such a great example!!
Good for you for encouraging your Mom!! My daughter and I started the same time and it has been great having her take this journey with me.
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #66  

Carlasherea : Wow ! You're really an inspiration, and not only for here, but for everyone else where you live ! Amazing !

Ketosis is here, I'm feeling all right BUT it's been 12 days on my period (and I'm on the pill) then 1 day break, then, as I was thinking I was good to go till next month, I'm on it AGAIN this afternoon..

Boyfriend is really afraid and want to take me to the hospital LOL He say ''If I was bleeding for this long myself, I would be dead 4 times by now ! ''

Last edited by 1FCuser; 10-01-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: I don't know how to write lol
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Carlasherea : Wow ! You're really an inspiration, and not only for here, but for everyone else where you libe ! Amazing !

Ketosis is here, I'm feeling all right BUT it's been 12 days on my period (and I'm on the pill) then 1 day break, then, as I was thinking I was good to good till next month, I'm on it AGAIN this afternoon..

Boyfriend is really afraid and want to take me to the hospital LOL He say ''If I was bleeding for this long myself, I would be dead 4 times by now ! ''
Hey Sandy! Great to see you back on the boards. Hope you had a great summer. Poor you with the nasty periods! I got the Mirena IUD put in last January and haven't had a period since, even on IP. If I had had to deal with crazy periods while on IP for the past 5 months I honestly don't know how well I would have coped. Keep your spirits up and keep plugging away!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Carlasherea...what a great feeling it must have been to have everyone ooh and ahh over your success! I hope that the night made an impact on your mom. My mom and brother are both in a very bad place and I have a very hard time stepping back from telling them what they should do.

Today was a great on plan day! I took my daughters to a barnyard days celebration and enjoyed watching them eat funnel cake, and didn't even think twice about eating some, even though they asked me about 20 times if I was sure I didn't want any. Very good for me!! Then went to Ruby Tuesday, what a great place to go when you are trying to behave. So, I am so back on track that I hope to be in Onederland in the next two to three weeks, I know I can make it! I am going to kick it in gear with the excersice as well. I've been traveling a lot with work so have only been able to meet my trainer once a week rather than twice so I need to play tennis or do something on my own the rest of the time. Easy to remedy, just gonna do it!

I hope things are going well for the rest of you also!

Sandy...I hope you don't wait too long with those wacky periods before you go to the dr. Hopefully your iron won't go too low. I always worry about this, but I have been anemic my whole life. Take care of you...hugs!!
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #69  

Well, I'm still on my period this morning, but I think I will be allright. As soon as I am finish with the diet, I'll go to the doctor to have blood work done to see if everything is allright.

For now, I think this is my real period (from monday till now) because my stomach and back hurt, and BF is saying that I'm specially cranky lol! I think it was like.. ''bad'' spotting those others 10 days. I hope everything will be allright!

Motivat8dMama : I'm really proud of you with this cake things! This is a great accomplishement !!

On a sad note, we went to the restaurant yesterday. I asked for a grilled chicken salad, with vinaigrette on the side, and they gave me a chicken nugget salad, with vinaigrette everywhere in it ! I've removed all that I could from the nugget, trying to eat only the chicken and not the batter, AND I've tryed my best to remove all the vinaigrette I can, but today, seems that I'm not in ketosis anymore. arg!
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

I bet that period is just getting in the way of you feeling like you are in ketosis. I remember when I used to have a period, I was hungry all the time. I'm crossing my fingers that's the case, not that you were kicked out. It sounds to me that you made the best of a not so great situation. I am sure you were disapointed when your salad came out all wrong.

I will be traveling for work the next two days, I plan to keep on plugging away. If my scale is correct, I have lost about 3 lbs since getting back on track. But I have to wait until Wednesday for the official scale that I use at my gym.

Have a great week everyone!!
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #71  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
On a sad note, we went to the restaurant yesterday. I asked for a grilled chicken salad, with vinaigrette on the side, and they gave me a chicken nugget salad, with vinaigrette everywhere in it ! I've removed all that I could from the nugget, trying to eat only the chicken and not the batter, AND I've tryed my best to remove all the vinaigrette I can, but today, seems that I'm not in ketosis anymore. arg!
That reminds me of Pita's "boneyard" story...picking all the parts and leaving the debris on the plate. Love it!
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #72  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

So today is my first official day back on plan. I am not using any IP stuff just the EAS shakes. I feel like I am ready to finish this journey (well today anyway)LOL! Thanks for all the support ladies. YOU ROCK!!!
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
So today is my first official day back on plan. I am not using any IP stuff just the EAS shakes. I feel like I am ready to finish this journey (well today anyway)LOL! Thanks for all the support ladies. YOU ROCK!!!
You go girl!!!
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #74  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

AHHHH Water!!! You ARE my friend!!!
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #75  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mom is going to join Ideal Protein. We start next Wednesday the 13th and so last night she made like the biggest Thanksgiving dinner. It was so funny. She said "well I guess I can't have this food for awhile, so I'm eating as much as I want!" Pretty excited and I'll keep you updated as to her progress, as well as mine since I am starting Phase 1 again at the same time. I heard from my coach that it is really hard to go back to Phase 1 again, but for $81 a week, I will follow it to a "T"

Last edited by carlasherea; 10-04-2010 at 12:46 PM.
carlasherea is offline   Reply With Quote