Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#1005

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #2  

Idril (Chrissy?) What a wonderful before and after to have! Got to say...as bridesmaid dresses go, they were pretty good ones...but the new photos are GREAT! You inspired me to try that with some of my clothes...but I don't think I have any left that are too big.

I did post a "before and after" photo today. But I should have labled it "before and during" - because there is more "after" to come! The first one was taken probably in 2003 or 2004 - I'd say about 14 lbs before my all-time high of 328. The second in the summer of 2005. Sad thing is, I realize how little I've lost since 2005. But I have lost some. I got these from work...they just put up the Sept. birthday list and, wouldn't you know it...they used the RED dress photo! Ah well...it sure got me a lot of comments around the office of how much I've lost.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:51 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hola chickies! I have missed multiple threads in a row now...I'm so far behind! I LOVE seeing progress pictures, though (Lilion and Idril)--so inspirational!!

I crashed a bit this past weekend--ended up eating plenty I shouldn't have. To make up, I'm doing all natural foods until Thursday, basically just fruits, veggies, and nuts with the exception of just little things like salad dressing and such. It's sad, though, that even when I'm just eating fruits and veggies, I can STILL eat way too much--I had a whole container of dried cranberries last night, and of course, those have added sugar and oil (couldn't find any plain even at Trader Joe's--I know they're super tart without sugar, but I would at least like the option!).

My scale doesn't seem to want to go below 284. Despite staying perfectly on plan last week (before the weekend), I didn't lose anything. Hopefully, by increasing my water and resorting to primarily fruits and veggies for a few days, my body will wake back up.

OH, good news I have to share...my sister had an ultrasound this morning (she is due with her first child in early February), and she found out it's a girl!! Her name will be Isabelle (middle name yet TBD), and we will call her Izzy. She has a 6-year-old step-daughter named Jackie. We are Silly Jilly and Wacky Jackie, and now we're adding a Dizzy Izzy--should be FUN!! This will be the first time I become a real aunt (don't get me wrong, I ADORE Jackie, but this will be my first real neice). I'm so excited--I need to go shopping so I can start spoiling her before she's even born!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:53 PM   #4  

Lilion great pictures
Old 09-12-2006, 05:22 PM   #5  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Jilly ~ Great news about your sis... I love the name isabelle It is so pretty!

Valerie~ I ate some... 1.5 to be exact but they are a low fat option and equal out to be less than 2 slices of whole grain toast Its only a once a week thing and we only use sugar free syrup. I love ff yogurt on them MMmm

k guys.. its hubby and me night. Finale of Big Brother and rockstar are on tonight so we are going to go and hide in the games room and watch the boob tube. Hope you all have a great night.... exercise starts again tomorrow

Brenda
Old 09-12-2006, 05:43 PM   #6  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Just dropping in real quick- I've been running all day, and have to leave for school soon. I'm doing well and staying mainly OP- I really need that food to come, i had no idea how much of a difference having it makes- so if I can just endure the next week or so, and not gain, hopefully I'll start dropping like crazy again!

Congrats to everyone losing, and huggies to everyone that needs it!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

An NSV for me -- for the first time since... college I think... I fit into Queen Size panty hose!!!! Not the 4x's I was wearing last year! Or even Queen plus!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #8  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Yippee! MY SIMON IS HOME! He's a little low-key for his usual self, but otherwise good. I put my bathrobe down on the floor next to me and after going thru a couple of chew sticks, he's napping. They were crazy about him at the vet's. One of the tech's has a long haired mini and she was especially fond of him. Hi IS very handsome after all (momma's pride speaking.)

Bill is just burnin' up the highways by himself. I hope it keeps up like this. He sounds pretty happy when I talk to him and I sure am happier here!

Now if I could just find a job... Something that pays a lot of money but won't take much brain power and I son't feel bad when I quit for something real... Selling my body comes to mind, but it'd be just my luck if the bottom fell outa that market. All the students are back to school. Something will come up. I have an interview with a temp agency tomorrow for starters.

Oh - WYLLENN, you just reminded me. I have to go buy some of those things. I guess I better start shaving my legs again, too. Joy. (There WERE perks to driving a truck, you know.)

Saw the eye doc this morning and I go back Thursday for the little procedure to have a bump on my eyelid removed. Sounds like a piece of cake.

Well, my OP chili is about done. Anybody wanna come over for dinner? You're all welcome!!

Have an OP evening, and a better tomorrow!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hi All,

Sorry for the late post, I haven't spent much time online today and when I did I was chatting to Sharon. But here I am now, finally to catch up.

First of all, Daren took my measurements again today, and since I started this diet I have lost 57 inches off my body. 10 of those were off the widest part around my legs, what I call my pear area, and 14.5 were off my hips So I may not see that my bottom half is getting smaller, but the tape measure tells me it is

Idril - oh what a shame your first visit with your guy happened when he had to work and when he was so unwell. It must have been a shock to him to find out he had a mass when they did the colonoscopy. I hope that it doesn't turn out to be anything serious. He has to get and stay well so that you two can meet up again and see if you both want to play with the chemistry I hope your next visit in a couple of months time will be a much better and fun one

I loved looking at your photos, I hadn't forgotten that you hadn't posted photos with you as a bridesmaid, but I didn't like to nag It's so much easier posting photos you aren't too happy with once you have ones you can compare them to that show a loss. I didn't post any before photos here til I had some progress pics to put too. Anyway WOW it's amazing how big that dress is on you now, you should be really proud of yourself for doing so well. What a difference between the two sets of photos.

Patti - you are so right about how games can keep your mind off food. It's not so much gaming with me, but definitely the time I spend on here, or emailing, chatting etc, it certainly keeps my mind away from food. And Daren, well he would miss every meal if I didn't drag him away from his computer games

Heather - great minds think alike when it came to giving a bit of advice to Robwen

Did you enjoy doing your yoga? It's something I would like to try one day, but not til I have lost a bit more weight.

Congrats on the NSV, sounds like you are thrilled to get into those Queen Size panty hose. I love hearing your NSVs, thanks for sharing.

Katt - I think you are exactly right about plateaus. Hopefully when I hit mine I will be able to change my exercise, or drop my points and hopefully it will kick start things before I stay the same weight for too long.

I agree with you about that woman in the photo I put a link too. Apparently she wants to go even bigger!!! The weird thing is that she used to be about 300 lbs, then she lost all the weight, had a tummy tuck etc, and then she went crazy with her breast implants. I know most of us don't like the attention we some time get from being fat, maybe she liked the attention, but just didn't want to be fat. So she might have lost the weight and then got the huge boobs which she for some strange reason loves!!! Who knows, all I know is that as long as the rest of me shrinks down too, I will be ok for my boobs to get to a smaller size Glad you liked the idea I had for Misti's t-shirts, maybe it's a good marketing idea for the bigger chested lady

I hope that come Christmas time you will be ready to buy some better fitting clothes. I have always chosen baggy clothes, but since getting some smaller yet still loose fitting clothes I feel so much nicer in them. Now when I put my too big clothes on I feel like a clown. Who'd have thought I would be happy getting in to smaller clothes

Kimberly - that's brilliant that you have already lost that 5 lbs. It defo must have been water weight. I think you needed that to happen though, the gain that is, because is has inspired you and got you motivated again. If you are anything like me you have yo yo dieted for a long time. This time we both, well all of us here, have to lose the weight and keep it off

Valerie - That really sucks that you had all that upset and worry about Simon, when the whole time his op had been postponed I am glad he got to have the op today and that he is now home on the road to recovery.

I love your sense of humour and especially love what you said about getting a job or maybe selling your body You are so funny

I would love to come to dinner, but only for the company I don't like Chilli, or any hot spicy food, but if you have something a little less hot I could be tempted

No sign of Annie yet, maybe there was a delay with getting the DSL linked up. Hopefully it won't be much longer now.

Ayanna - I didn't realise that you had been around for so long even as a lurker Was it January time, or May time that you were here. In January I had terrible trouble trying to lose weight, but since the end of April after a change of antidepressants things changed for the better. Thanks for your comments about my loss, it's much appreciated.

Kenya - glad you popped on to post. Only 10 days to go now, but who's counting YOU are I bet

Angie - one of the best reasons not to post here is because you are busy having a social life I am glad you have been doing lots of outdoors things with hubby even if it did mean you didn't drink all the water you should have. You are probably right that it's that which has made you see a gain on the scales, so hopefully it will soon be off again

Brenda - pleased to hear you are feeling much better, that's great news. Oooooh cornbread waffles sound delicous, are they very naughty for diets?

Misti - isn't that FFM a tease, imagine keeping you at .1 away from losing another lb. I am sure she'll give in and let it reach a lb, and just for good measure a couple of other lbs too. I appreciate you saying you will send her back in time for me on Monday. I am more than happy to share her with everybody as long as she doesn't forget me

Lilion - I am glad you had a lovely treat of icecream, it's nice to use up points on something yummy like that. Tonight I had a few spare points and I used them on CHOCOLATE DIGESTIVES yummy. It's been a while since I had any of those without ending up eating the whole pack So yay me

Aww look at that picture of your Mac, he is adorable even with his cone on. What a cute doggy! Though knowing what he had been through and looking at the expression on his face, it's like he is definitely not amused!!

I am glad you weren't too horrified when you critiqued yourself in the mirror when you were naked. I am in the same boat as you, I can already see how everything would look so much better being lifted I hope somebody comes back with a reply to your answer about things we can do to tone up. I need that advice myself.

I really liked seeing your photos on the pic page, you can really see a big difference in the two photos, you are so much smaller especially with your face and neck area, and you look great.

HalloweenGirl - take it from me, it doesn't matter how early you get here, it's always hard to keep up with all the posts

Well done on losing more weight again, I hear you on it feeling good to have good losses at the start of a diet. It sets you up for when it slows down. So enjoy the lb a day that you are losing right now. You are doing a great job.

Jill - hmm I feel a very spoilt little Dizzy Izzy will be coming along come February. I don't blame you one little bit, enjoy being a 'real' aunty.

Doesn't it suck that healthy foods also happen to be high in points/cals. I remember once I ate a bag of dried apricots thinking they couldn't be too high in points. Boy was I wrong, and when I think I could have had sweets/candy for a similar amount of points I felt cheated. But that said, I know the apricots were so much better for me, so all was not lost

Sorry that your scales seem to be stuck on 284, like you said now that you are having a diet of fruits and veggies and are drinking plenty of water, hopefully that will give your weight loss a nudge and when you weigh next you will be under 284

Ok well I better make a move now. I hope everybody who has been unwell is feeling better today, and that everybody is having a great day/night. Take care all and until tomorrow, bye!!

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #10  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Valerie - Glad to hear your baby is home .. Im sure he is happy to be there too lol .. when it was Jedi's time to go in I had to be the one to take him in because my hunny just couldnt face it rofl ... he was happy to go and pick him up at the end of the day .. and Jed wouldnt play with me for a month cos it was mean me that took him there and daddy rescued him (too late but rescued rofl).

Lilion - your pics are great .. I can definitely see a difference .. esp in your face Well done!! And tell them to change the red dress pic to the other one or no-one will recognise you rofl.

Jill - great news about your sister .. Isabelle is a pretty name for sure Dont fret too much on the scales ... I was thinking that for these times (when they start happening to me cos I know you cant lose every single week) Im gonna stop focusing on the scales and focusing on the things that I never used to be able to do instead and building up more things that I couldnt do without feeling exhausted after ... because at least that will keep reminding me Im still on the right path

Brenda - Hope you had a lovely night with your hunny .. we have weekends as our time (hence not online as much lol).

Kim - keep thinking positive .. Im sure you can make it and stay OP until your next food supply arrives Good luck

Wyllenn - WTG on your NSV!! I gather Queen pantyhose are a brand not a size?? Reminds me of a Boyds desk sign we have (or had I should say) in the shop "I am the Queen" is on one side and on the other is "because my pantyhose tell me so!" rofl .. now I know what that means!!

Ammi - WTG hun on your measurements .. WOW ... what a big difference .. how can you not see it gone ... if that makes sense lol .. well done hunny you must be so proud of yourself Definitely love the idea of t-shirts with those sorts of sayings on for sure

Well its been a drag of a day for me today .. I just havent got any energy, Im gonna take a day off from the exercise today and hope that I feel better tomorrow. Im wondering if I need more red meat in my diet as I really dont have any and I know I was diagnosed as anemic (sp??) years ago but Im hoping that doesnt have anything to do with it cos I really dont like eating red meat lol .. and I hate taking pills too.

Okee .. gonna go lie down again and see if I can sleep this thing off .. Ash (daughter) is still in bed asleep ... she has been sleeping about 16 hours each day since Friday night! (she went to bed at 6 and missed dinner cos she slept thru til about 9am, had a snack then went back to bed to sleep and its been the same all weekend and this week). Hopefully I dont have whatever it is that she has ... will be taking her to the doctors on Monday if she isnt better by then.... her glands are no longer swollen so not sure what it is ... still .. she is pretty resiliant so Im sure it will be fine

Take care all and have an op day! Huggies!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:37 PM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

WOW things fly here!! how did i miss 4 threads?! its been an exciting weekend. i went to san diego, and anaheim to see my favorite band play (ryan adams and the cardinals) and went to a wedding. i was totally off plan, and we'll see how that shows up tomorrow. *ack*
Old 09-12-2006, 07:46 PM   #12  

way to Ammi you are really just melting away there! and Heather that is a great nsv!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Valerie -- I'm so glad your little sweetie is home safe and sound! It is traumatic for us when our little ones go through that!

Ammi -- Yes, we certainly thought the same for Robwen -- I hope she comes back soon!

I did enjoy the yoga, but I am Soooooooo sore today. I'd never done yoga before, but today I learned this class is kind of hard, because the instructor has you hold the poses for so long!

Katt -- queen is a size. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but sizes go from A, to B, to Queen! Then is queen plus, then 3x then 4x, etc. I was just squeezing into 4x last year.

As an aside, I've always hated the panty hose manufacturers for that sizing scheme... why not A, B, C??? why make large stand out even more????
Old 09-12-2006, 08:43 PM   #14  

I'm baaaaaaack!! I was visiting my family for 10 days...feels like I've been away forever though, lol. Well I was 100% the whole trip! Woo Hoo!! Today it has been 2 weeks since my last "official" (at home) weigh-in, but I still have to wait until tomorrow morning to get an accurate weigh-in. So I will let you all know how it goes! My goal for exercise is 330 minutes (11 days completed, at 30 mins a day) and I added it up that I've done 442!! YAY!! Well I'm off to update my signature! Hope everyone is doing well, I can't catch up, lol!
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 09-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #15  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Ammi- You can always make me laugh. You are so right I am counting down the days

Nightkatt- I am wishing your daughter a speedy recovery!

Ladies I hope you all had a good day. I am going to go to sleep extra early today.. like right now
Closed Thread