Old 09-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #46  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
howdy!!!!

am here too. Not going on phase anything but that I am just here. I like to come back once in a while to remind myself what I went though so that I don't have to do it again

anywho, all is well...gained weight a little after a trip but it was all gone in 2 to 3 days. Trainer was even surprised; maybe I should write a book??

regardless, I seriously eat whatever I want but not all the time if you know what I mean. If am bad one day, the next my breakfast is just a protein shake...think you guys get what I am saying.

here is a question though:::: where are you guys who are NOT buying from IP clinics getting your RTD shakes??
Hi Ellie! I am so glad your success is holding!

I know some people use the premier protein shakes from costco. Others are using nashuanutrition.com or newlifestyles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
hi all,
ok Erin and all the others... you have kicked my butt and it's time to get back on program, I think. I made my first goal and have been in maintenance, and have not gained anything back. It's been pretty easy so far.

But I've decided I would like to lose more inches off my chest (I'm a jr. 6 in pants and a 14 blouse, go figure!). I called my coach and have set up an appointment--I am traveling and cannot get in until the 18th, so that is my official start. But I decided to start unofficially today: Phase 1 here I go!

And I agree, it was easier before when I was desperate and worried about my health...I need to do this next round of loss just for my self image, and interestingly that is harder for me to care about. Now what kind of screwed up thing is that???

PITA, I just ordered vanilla RTD from New Lifestyle, they have a $35 off coupon until the end of September. They are identical to the IP including flavor.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
YEAH!! Sandy! I am glad you are here! I think it is just fine if you pick a thread and follow it. As long as people regularly post here it should work. Just don't be afraid to read the daily and post to it if you feel you can or should.

I know what you mean about the side effects! OMG!! At one point I wasn't sure I could handle it all. Hormones, mood swings, teeth/gum issues, skin, soooo cold all the time (and I live in 100f/37c plus temps), crazy menstruation, hair loss, constipation, and cracked/bleeding skin (at times) were more than I cared to manage! I could drink a gallon a day of water and 3 tbsp of omega oils and STILL have those issues. Since taking my break, 2 months, all of that is now normal again. I think I am willing to deal with it, if I must, for the time it takes to get rid of the last of this.

I am glad I took some time to appreciate what I had accomplished instead of feeling like I was still failing and not making progress. HOWEVER, I don't want to feel like I am done. In my case, I am still fat and overweight. I don't want to be ok here and I do want to be healthy so.... time to kick the last pounds off this body!
It think we all react diffently to a long time on a diet. I'm reacting like crazy, with the same side effects than you, but seems like many people don't have side effects at all. Don't worry, it's all temporary We will get trought it all together !

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Have any of you noticed getting going again is not quite as easy as getting going was in the first place? If you are having this problem,how are you dealing with it?
Yes, I find it more difficult also. I think it's because I'm not as desesperate as before, AND I have to admit that I don't have any problems when I cheat. YES, I'm kicked out of ketosis, but I have no problem for the 3+ following day before ketosis kick again. Many persons here seems to have bad headache, bad hunger and all, but I have nothing... NOTHING. So it's not keeping me from cheating.. I need to understand that cheating is just making things longer for me. The other thing I find difficult is the ''little cheat'' like a little cheese on my cauliflower rice, a little 2% milk in my coffee. It's NOT necessary, and it's holding me back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hi Ellie! I am so glad your success is holding!

I know some people use the premier protein shakes from costco. Others are using nashuanutrition.com or newlifestyles.
I've used them, they have a little more carb than the IP one, and more protein (30+ I think) but they are pretty good!

Melissa : Glad everything went well

Day 2 for me : No signs of ketosis yet.
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #48  
Nichole

Welcome back Erin! Are you using IP products or alternatives? I still love doing this on my own.

Roz!!! I've been wondering what happened to you! Glad you're back too.

Ellie (Pita) -
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:03 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Hey Carla,

ordered the ones from lifestyle place so I should be good to go. I am thinking I want to go to phase 1 for a week before my mexico trip that is coming up...but then I am like why don't I wait till after

I still do have my little buldge on my tummy but hey sue me!! i am woman after all
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #50  

Quote:
howdy!!!!

am here too. Not going on phase anything but that I am just here. I like to come back once in a while to remind myself what I went though so that I don't have to do it again

anywho, all is well...gained weight a little after a trip but it was all gone in 2 to 3 days. Trainer was even surprised; maybe I should write a book??

regardless, I seriously eat whatever I want but not all the time if you know what I mean. If am bad one day, the next my breakfast is just a protein shake...think you guys get what I am saying.

here is a question though:::: where are you guys who are NOT buying from IP clinics getting your RTD shakes??
Hi Pita! Glad to hear from you and happy to see that you're maintaining the loss.
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #51  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Have any of you noticed getting going again is not quite as easy as getting going was in the first place? If you are having this problem,how are you dealing with it?
VERY HARD for me to start again and stick with it, i have not been on plan today(pita chips) and i have to agree, i don't feel as desperate for a change but jeez it's a slippery slope. i gained about 5 back after phasing off then got a scare last week when i was up 5 more. thank god it was just my period. back down to about 168. i need to get to the 150's-I HAVE TO!!

Quote:
howdy!!!!

glad to see you popping in i sometimes use the pure protein powder that's about $8 per can(about 12 servings). it's yummy but i've recently purchased one of my co-workers old stash of ip food so jazz it up, frosty chocolate shakes three times a day gets REALLY old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Welcome back Erin! Are you using IP products or alternatives? I still love doing this on my own.

Roz!!! I've been wondering what happened to you! Glad you're back too.

Ellie (Pita) -
nichole! i am doing a little pure protein, eggs and then i throw in some ip stuff. i honeslty can't affors to do full blown ip anymore(even with the discount i got!!) HOW ARE YOU? what are you using as subs?

Quote:
Hey Carla,

ordered the ones from lifestyle place so I should be good to go. I am thinking I want to go to phase 1 for a week before my mexico trip that is coming up...but then I am like why don't I wait till after

I still do have my little buldge on my tummy but hey sue me!! i am woman after all
pfff...i'll show you a tummy bulge! definitely do phase 1 for a week before, it'll make you feel super slim and sexy while you're there. then do it again after if you need to lose a pound or two.
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

here is a question though:::: where are you guys who are NOT buying from IP clinics getting your RTD shakes??[/QUOTE]

Get my drinks at Costco-Premier Protein..$24 for a case of 18. Right now they only have chocolate, but by Jan will be offering Vanilla. 30gs of Protein, 5 carbs. Very filling. They do have a website, but it's a bit more expensive.
brocola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #53  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
nichole! i am doing a little pure protein, eggs and then i throw in some ip stuff. i honeslty can't affors to do full blown ip anymore(even with the discount i got!!) HOW ARE YOU? what are you using as subs?
I'm great, how are you?? Glad that it's actually starting to feel like fall here in the mornings.

I'm using the pure protein RTD's. I finally tried the powder cuz I was tired of going to the store every few days to buy more bottles but it just doesn't taste as good to me! I also order the orange drink from Lindora when they're having a sale and just discovered the cinnamon bars that they sell -- it tastes like a snickerdoodle. Soooooo yummy! I also like the soynuts that you turned me onto at HEB, although I haven't been using them very much lately. Pure Protein also has an oreo flavor but it's a RTD and so far I've only seen it at Target. I'm hoping I can find the Pure Protein jello that I read about on their website. It's supposedly available at GNC... I'm waiting til I can use my gold card to get 20% off this weekend/next week before I go hunting for it.
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Hey Erin!

o.k my trip starts Oct 15th which is a friday so I guess I'll start suffering Oct 8th. To be honest, not sure I can do it and can't believe I did it and have no idea how you guys do it. I remember how tough it was....

I'll give updates as to my pain if I have the energy
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #55  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I just thought of another old standby for eating in the cab to the airport or on the plane -- a good protein for breakfast in maintenance. I'd give my recipe, but it's so simple and so many possible variations, it might be fun to develope your own, if you're interested.

Just Google microwave meat loaf and make it with 95% fat free sirloin. 5 minutes to put together, just about that to cook if you make little individual servings. I make about 4-5 at a time and freeze.
Thanks Linden, this looks great. And I came across some of the variations too which is getting me thinking.
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #56  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People I know!! It is so nice to see all of you and hear how your doing. I too have done pretty good. Weight is still the same but I have a fat percentage scale and my fat went up 2/10ths. Didn't like that at all.

Tonight I am taking my mom to the Ideal Protein open house to let her hear about the program. Keep your fingers crossed that she'll sign up. She needs to lose weight for her health but has failed at so many other attempts she is scared to try this. I also am going to start Phase 1 again and get 10-15 more lbs off. I am going to ask for a couple of weeks free since they have used me as their freakin spokesmodel for 2 months!!!! Started out in a pamphlet with other people's pics and then the newspaper with others and then a postcard with just me!!! I am also going to tell them to find another person to use! Enough already

Have a great day all you IPer's. It is so great to see you all again!
carlasherea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:34 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Elizabeth: so sorry to hear about your brother in law's struggle. i hope he recovers and feels better soon.

Melissa: glad you are feeling better after your surgery.

Erin, Carla, Pita, Sandy... i thought i was the only one losing motivation (and the daily thread is way too overwhelming for me, too). i've been struggling the last 4 weeks (totally stuck on cashews!)... last week i finally told my coach that i'm really struggling and don't know why i am sabatoging (sp??) myself from finishing the weight-loss for good. it's as if my normal behavior of feeling not worthy enough has kicked in. i usually quit after 1-2 months of starting a diet or exercise program. this time around i lasted 3 months without cheating and 8 months straight of exercise... so better than previously, but still not long enough to finish what i said i would do. i still have between 18-28 pounds to go (depending if I change my original goal).

any way, to make a long story short... my coach suggested i seek therapeutic help, so I agreed. my work offers 5 free counseling sessions so i signed up and had my first session with the therapist this past Tuesday. He suggested I read "Feeding the Hungary Heart" written by Geneen Roth. I plan on ordering it this weekend... i am willing to try anything at this point not to destroy what I have already accomplished.

I must say it is scary... part of me feels too scared to reach my target weight because i'm afraid of phasing off the program, afraid that there will not be a strict diet to follow to save me when I am weakest.

I may not post as often as i did before, but i do think of you always and deep down you all secretly help me stay on track as much as i can. so.. i am back, too! xoxoxo dina

Last edited by dietfrenzy; 09-30-2010 at 10:34 PM.
dietfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #58  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Thanks Linden, this looks great. And I came across some of the variations too which is getting me thinking.
I forgot one thing. The last time I made it, a couple of weeks ago, I grated a young (low moisture) zucchini and added three chopped mushrooms as a substitute for bread crumbs. Worked well.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I just thought of another old standby for eating in the cab to the airport or on the plane -- a good protein for breakfast in maintenance. I'd give my recipe, but it's so simple and so many possible variations, it might be fun to develope your own, if you're interested.

Just Google microwave meat loaf and make it with 95% fat free sirloin. 5 minutes to put together, just about that to cook if you make little individual servings. I make about 4-5 at a time and freeze.
MMMM...I love meatloaf, this could be my saving grace!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Yes, I find it more difficult also. I think it's because I'm not as desesperate as before, AND I have to admit that I don't have any problems when I cheat. YES, I'm kicked out of ketosis, but I have no problem for the 3+ following day before ketosis kick again. Many persons here seems to have bad headache, bad hunger and all, but I have nothing... NOTHING. So it's not keeping me from cheating.. I need to understand that cheating is just making things longer for me.
:
Sandy...I am the exact same...no problems...I wish I could feel sick, have a migraine, something!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post

Erin, Carla, Pita, Sandy... i thought i was the only one losing motivation (and the daily thread is way too overwhelming for me, too). i've been struggling the last 4 weeks (totally stuck on cashews!)... last week i finally told my coach that i'm really struggling and don't know why i am sabatoging (sp??) myself from finishing the weight-loss for good. it's as if my normal behavior of feeling not worthy enough has kicked in. i usually quit after 1-2 months of starting a diet or exercise program. this time around i lasted 3 months without cheating and 8 months straight of exercise... so better than previously, but still not long enough to finish what i said i would do. i still have between 18-28 pounds to go (depending if I change my original goal).

any way, to make a long story short... my coach suggested i seek therapeutic help, so I agreed. my work offers 5 free counseling sessions so i signed up and had my first session with the therapist this past Tuesday. He suggested I read "Feeding the Hungary Heart" written by Geneen Roth. I plan on ordering it this weekend... i am willing to try anything at this point not to destroy what I have already accomplished.

I must say it is scary... part of me feels too scared to reach my target weight because i'm afraid of phasing off the program, afraid that there will not be a strict diet to follow to save me when I am weakest.

I may not post as often as i did before, but i do think of you always and deep down you all secretly help me stay on track as much as i can. so.. i am back, too! xoxoxo dina
I am happy for you, that you are going that extra mile to make a life change. That is inspiring. I know others on here don't understand some of us with issues cheating or feel some of us are not totally comitted, I think we are all different and many of us have different reasons we got the way we did. It may make the difference in how well we stick with this or any other diet. I must say, I have been thinking that maybe my reason for stalling is becuase this is my comfort zone, I don't think I have ever been smaller than I am now, I have weighed less, but never been this small. I've got to do some deep thinking and discover why this is comfortable and what fears I am letting get ahold of me by not facing this head on. Thanks for sharing this. I think I have a book to order. My thoughts are with you...and I am glad you are back!!

I am so glad we are all back...we make a nice little group of gals!! And any guys who may or may not be in the mix.
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #60  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
Elizabeth: so sorry to hear about your brother in law's struggle. i hope he recovers and feels better soon.

Melissa: glad you are feeling better after your surgery.

Dina!

I am so happy to see you!

I am sure you will be able to get back to this. I think the counseling is a huge help. I personally did it for me, before going on IP, and found it very beneficial.

I think sometimes we do have our own fears to face when we lose weight. I don't know why but, if the weight was gained from trauma, tragedy or, out of an emotional root those pounds have SOOO much baggage to deal with. Remember, Dr Tran says, "every pounds has a story"? I think he is so on target with that. Find your story and you may find your permanent success too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People I know!! It is so nice to see all of you and hear how your doing. I too have done pretty good. Weight is still the same but I have a fat percentage scale and my fat went up 2/10ths. Didn't like that at all.

Tonight I am taking my mom to the Ideal Protein open house to let her hear about the program. Keep your fingers crossed that she'll sign up. She needs to lose weight for her health but has failed at so many other attempts she is scared to try this. I also am going to start Phase 1 again and get 10-15 more lbs off. I am going to ask for a couple of weeks free since they have used me as their freakin spokesmodel for 2 months!!!! Started out in a pamphlet with other people's pics and then the newspaper with others and then a postcard with just me!!! I am also going to tell them to find another person to use! Enough already

Have a great day all you IPer's. It is so great to see you all again!
Hey there Beautiful Carla!

So nice to see you! You look so amazing! I am sure 2/10th aren't even showing on you

Let us know how your mom's appointment went, OK?
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote