Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #61  
Sept. 2, 2010

S/C/G: 155.8/144.4/135

Height: 5'6"

Hey all, I have been on IP for 4 weeks. Down 11.4 lbs. Not what I was hoping, but staying on track. Was thinking that I needed to take a closer look at the veggies I was eating. I like turnip fries, but just found out that turnips are 11 carbs for a cup.......YIKES! Anyone have a good suggestion for a website to do a little research on vegetable nutrients?!?! Any help is much appreciated!

Looking forward to "lurking" around and learning everything IP related! Thanks!

Last edited by Cumbow01; 09-24-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #62  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Third Weigh in - down 10 pounds - am very happy - it took me 6 months on WW to lose that much!

Rachel - I hear you - big boobs are not all they are cracked up to be - go to another surgeon and explain your situation, I am sure they can work around the numbers somehow.

Great work this week everyone!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:55 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbow01 View Post
Hey all, I have been on IP for 4 weeks. Down 11.4 lbs. Not what I was hoping, but staying on track. Was thinking that I needed to take a closer look at the veggies I was eating. I like turnip fries, but just found out that turnips are 11 carbs for a cup.......YIKES! Anyone have a good suggestion for a website to do a little research on vegetable nutrients?!?!
Cumbow01 Congratulations on your weight loss so far!

If you haven't already read the posts in the threads (Tips, FAQ) I've linked in the first post of this thread, I really encourage you to invest the time in doing so. I read a lot of "sticky" threads and old discussions when I started and found really great information.

I posted the favourite sites of two regular IP members in the Tips for Newbies thread right here

Edit:
Not sure how I missed the return of mamaerinb but I did! Welcome back Erin, she of the fun and sexy photo avatars!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-24-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Ok Ladies I am going to go on a rant here... you don't need to read this unless you want to

I am 20 and have had large DD/ Small E cup breasts since I was a freshman in high school. Throughout high school I always had a lot of pain in my neck/shoulders/upper back but I blamed this on squatting (with a bar across my neck) and stress ect. since hs I haven't worked out like that in about a year and the pain has stayed consistent. I finally went and saw a doctor about 9 months ago who said I should try losing 20 or so lbs to see if my size decreased. Therefore I began IP. I have officially lost 23 lbs. and my chest sized has not decreased a cm. so I went back to my doctor who said I would have a very good chance of my insurance covering a breast reduction surgery if that was something I wanted. I called the insurance company (UHC) and was told that reconstructive surgery is covered if deemed "medically necessary" I presented my documentation from my MD, a chiropractor I've been seeing since I was 14 for my back problems, and a Therapeutic Therapist I've been seeing since I was 16 to a plastic surgeon. He took measurements, pictures, height, weight (you have to be in a healthy BMI range for insurance to not write back saying you need to try to lose weight first). He said he would be able to remove 535 g. from my right and 465 from my left (my right is a near cup size larger than my left). He sent everything in to my insurance company and they responded saying "I was denied because they require 500 to be able to be taken out of both breasts. I was 35 g. short on one breast. They said it was non-disputable. Wonderful.
rachel13: Insurance companies will not cover breast reduction surgery for women, but will cover penile implants for men. About how that!! I would go to another surgeon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
“There are several members still posting who know about sticking with the program even when they're not losing pounds and/or inches-- sticking with it for 8, 9 weeks and more. Linden is one of them and knows whereof she speaks.”

Consider me an IP “old-timer” and president of the Turtle Club (less than 2 lbs/week average); I mostly lurk and don’t post much. To all the Newbies: STICK WITH IT!!

This program is so worth a few months of your life to get healthy. In nearly 5 months, my blood pressure has gone down from scary-high to normal without meds. I’m wearing clothes that I never in my life dreamed of fitting into, have tons of energy, have lowered my goal weight by 15 pounds (thanks to the inspiration of Novak) and feel wonderful.

It doesn’t matter if you loose fast or slow, you will loose. Don’t compare yourself to others, just STICK WITH IT!! Don’t try to scam the program (no, there are no types of sugar cookies allowed), try your best not to cheat and STICK WITH IT!! It’s only a relatively few months out of your life and there is life after Phase 1 (I’m not there yet). Phase 1 will be over and you will be healthy and thin. There will be more birthday dinners, anniversary celebrations, barbeques and state fairs next year—and just think how great you will feel if you just STICK WITH IT!!

Mary
Thanks for your words of inspiration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
I am in! Got my kit today. Day one on plan!
Good look. Come here often for support and motivation.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #65  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

What a great afternoon. The sun was shining and it was 74 degrees out. While at work today I encountered the same advice from well meaning people. I am told on a daily basis, "Don't lose too much" and "you are just about finished aren't you?". I think people get use to seeing me "fat" and can't get use to me at a lesser weight. I am 5'2" tall for crying out loud and I still weigh 187. I have 62 pounds that I still want to lose. I have a bad knee, I am an insulin dependent diabetic, and I have high blood pressure. I need to be at a lower weight just for the health benefits. Who knows, maybe I won't need to lose that much, but I really wish people would not tell me that already. It discourages me - thanks for being here and letting me vent a little.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 09-24-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #66  

Height: 5'8"

cumbow01
you MUST remember that your weight loss may not be as drastic as some that need to lose more. think about it, you only have about a month left!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:36 PM   #67  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

I was craving chips so bad today. My co-worker ate a whole big one by himself today so that was all I could focus on. I remembered reading about zucchini chips in the foods thread somewhere and thought, hey that would work. Well true to for for today I couldn't find the recipe when i was looking for it so I decided to call my mom (who is also doing IP) and just try some. OH MY GOSH!!! They were so yummy and hit the spot. Perfect for that salty craving. We just sliced them up, put them in a bag with some olive oil then baked them until they were almost brown. SO GOOD!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #68  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
just wanted to drop in and say hello i see so many newbies on here and am so happy to see that the word is spreading so rapidly about IP. to all my old friends; soon2be, carlashera, linden, hopefultricia, journeysend, sgory, shrinkingsusie, imsvelting-i am SO proud of you all. you all were there for me through my journey and i hope to make some time to be there for you for the end of yours. wannabe and bevs you look AMAZING! love you all!
I'm so glad you're back. The new picture looks really good (except for the fact that you took it in a dark cave.)
Old 09-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I was craving chips so bad today. My co-worker ate a whole big one by himself today so that was all I could focus on. I remembered reading about zucchini chips in the foods thread somewhere and thought, hey that would work. Well true to for for today I couldn't find the recipe when i was looking for it so I decided to call my mom (who is also doing IP) and just try some. OH MY GOSH!!! They were so yummy and hit the spot. Perfect for that salty craving. We just sliced them up, put them in a bag with some olive oil then baked them until they were almost brown. SO GOOD!
MMMMMM....I have to try those, thanks!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
What a great afternoon. The sun was shining and it was 74 degrees out. While at work today I encountered the same advice from well meaning people. I am told on a daily basis, "Don't lose too much" and "you are just about finished aren't you?". I think people get use to seeing me "fat" and can't get use to me at a lesser weight. I am 5'2" tall for crying out loud and I still weigh 187. I have 62 pounds that I still want to lose. I have a bad knee, I am an insulin dependent diabetic, and I have high blood pressure. I need to be at a lower weight just for the health benefits. Who knows, maybe I won't need to lose that much, but I really wish people would not tell me that already. It discourages me - thanks for being here and letting me vent a little.
Rosemary I know exactly what you mean. But please dont try to let it discourage you. I think some people say things like that when they really dont know what to say. Just remember that this is YOUR goal not anyone elses.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:03 PM   #71  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders35 View Post
7 weeks in and I am down 24 lbs and over 30"!
I think those are super figures.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbow01 View Post
Hey all, I have been on IP for 4 weeks. Down 11.4 lbs. Not what I was hoping, but staying on track. Was thinking that I needed to take a closer look at the veggies I was eating. I like turnip fries, but just found out that turnips are 11 carbs for a cup.......YIKES! Anyone have a good suggestion for a website to do a little research on vegetable nutrients?!?! Any help is much appreciated!

Looking forward to "lurking" around and learning everything IP related! Thanks!
Awesome job!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:34 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Hello!! I think your progress is great!! I don't know you, but with your diabetes, I am sure losing more weight would be medically beneficial. Just tell your well-meaning friends that your doctor recommends weight loss for you. I'm sure he/she would if you asked.!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #74  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Good Evening All,
Just dropped by to say hi. Everything is great, have been quite busy lately. The Ip concept is really spreading, so many new people. Judy
Old 09-25-2010, 12:18 AM   #75  
Sept. 2, 2010

S/C/G: 155.8/144.4/135

Thanks for all your encouragement. I'm find that the program isn't that hard and fits into my life style pretty well. I'm glad to have a great friend, that is taking on this journey with me. Without friends and support this would have been a lot harder. Thanks ALL
Closed Thread