Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
Had to post - I've slipped into the 170's today! For the first time in over 20 years!

179.1 to be exact.

I think I might revise my goal weight down to 165...
OH I know that feeling. Here in Louisiana we called that Laniappe. CONGRATS
Old 09-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
WI #13 this morning.... -3lbs (for a total of 32!)!! Take THAT plateau.

I also had my coach configure my total inches lost and she came to the wonderful grand total of 24 inches! Holy cow!
Soon 2 B MrsT Way to go!!! A great WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
Had to post - I've slipped into the 170's today! For the first time in over 20 years!

179.1 to be exact.

I just wish the skin could keep up! At least I know a good bodywork man in Tacoma... now I just have to wish that I didn't hear that another woman who needed it cost $30K!
sgorny Excellent the 170's you go girl!!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Soon 2 B MrsT and sgorny
CONGRATULATIONS to you both !!!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Reading through all the posts this morning is such an inspiration. My scale hasn't budged in 3 days...and I was all discouraged, but came here and read that I am not alone and that this is worth it and that I am worth it.

Well done to all of you who have persevered.

Blessings Cie
I had the same thing happen to me. I was getting so discouraged after having weighed in and lost nothing last week. I upped my water intake and my attitude and 3lbs came flying off this week! 2 inches off of my thighs alone! It's amazing what a little more water and some positivity will do. I'm a believer! Hang in there- you CAN do this.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #20  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

179.1 to be exact.

I just wish the skin could keep up! At least I know a good bodywork man in Tacoma... now I just have to wish that I didn't hear that another woman who needed it cost $30K!

Reply to sgorny.....

I can't seem to figure out how to quote correctly.

Good job! I too worry about my skin sagging. My face is already showing it. I know it is vain to think this way, but at the age of 51, years of sunbathing, I am really thinking of a face lift when I hit goal. I think of it as a gift to myself. I've got terrible wrinkles forming around my mouth on my checks. Yesterday, I ran into my older sister who I haven't seen in six months. She is 7 years older but looked younger than me. We have always looked so much a like, but now she looks younger than I do and that really bothers me! She has never had a weight problem and works out with a personal trainer 3 times a week and was never a sun worshiper.

I guess I'll start saving my money and thinking maybe someday I will not be afraid to smile because it shows my wrinkles.

Last edited by iowahawkeyemom; 09-24-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #21  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:

I also had my coach configure my total inches lost and she came to the wonderful grand total of 24 inches! Holy cow!
Great Job Soon 2 B!!! I noticed our stats are so similar. You are almost to your goal!!! Keep up the good work, you look amazing!!

Last edited by carlasherea; 09-24-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #22  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on the great WI!!!! ....I had mine after 3 weeks without (due to vacation) and -15.2 or around that... total of -35 at night with clothes... I prefer my home scale who tells me that in the morning naked im -39 lol

Big NSV today... I do cakes as a hobby....and decided I wouldnt do any during my weight loss but had promessed friends like 4 months ago...so here I am today... baking a bday cake for a little 4yo princess...and drum roll I am not tasting anything.. not my cake.. not my so delicious Icing...I didnt know if I could do it.. but It seems I have more willpower than I thought!!!

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

NSV here: I have Type II diabetes, but I am very insulin resistant and was on tons of insulin before IP. I am only in the middle of week 2, and have cut my insulin by 90% AND am off one of my 3 blood pressure medications. Amazing!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post

179.1 to be exact.

Reply to sgorny.....

I can't seem to figure out how to quote correctly.

Good job! I too worry about my skin sagging. My face is already showing it. I know it is vain to think this way, but at the age of 51, years of sunbathing, I am really thinking of a face lift when I hit goal. I think of it as a gift to myself. I've got terrible wrinkles forming around my mouth on my checks. Yesterday, I ran into my older sister who I haven't seen in six months. She is 7 years older but looked younger than me. We have always looked so much a like, but now she looks younger than I do and that really bothers me! She has never had a weight problem and works out with a personal trainer 3 times a week and was never a sun worshiper.

I guess I'll start saving my money and thinking maybe someday I will not be afraid to smile because it shows my wrinkles.
Oh my gosh I am so glad you said that as I feel the same way!!!! My face has these new lines ugggg. My husband made a comment to me the other day about it and he never says anything but how good I look. I am worried too!!! My stomach too, it is ugly!! I layed on my side last night and it looked like a old shriveled up gourd or something. lol I have good skin, no stretch marks or anything so I hope it tightens up a bit. I am starting the savings account too!!

[QUOTE=floradeluna;3493899]Congrats on the great WI!!!! ....I had mine after 3 weeks without (due to vacation) and -15.2 or around that... total of -35 at night with clothes... I prefer my home scale who tells me that in the morning naked im -39 lol

Big NSV today... I do cakes as a hobby....and decided I wouldnt do any during my weight loss but had promessed friends like 4 months ago...so here I am today... baking a bday cake for a little 4yo princess...and drum roll I am not tasting anything.. not my cake.. not my so delicious Icing...I didnt know if I could do it.. but It seems I have more willpower than I thought!!!

Happy Friday everyone! [/QUOTE

My in laws are visiting therefore I have been cooking like crazy. Then entire family comes here. I made two cakes yesterday, one of them my favorite and I didn't taste anything. It didn't bother me at all until I served it with ice cream but only for one min. I had that lust for that bite, I just turned it off. When they were eating the cake in the dining room I just kept busy cleaning up dishes and felt so good about myself and the wonderful energy I had.

I had a wonderful weigh in yesterday! Down 3.8 pounds, almost 2 percent body fat and 1.5 inches. I also hit 143 at home on my scale which made me get tears in my eyes. I never thought I could do this. IP scale a little higher of course at noon with clothes on. I have decided I think I want to go to 137 we will see. I am only .8 over on body fat and then I will be normal!!!! My son who is 27 said to me yesterday. Mom if someone would have said to you in the next 2 and a half months you are gonna lose 30 pounds would you have believed them? I said I would have said yeah right you are dreaming!!! So to all of you that have struggled with this your entire lives like me, it works!!! You have to stick with it, not cheat and watch your life transform!!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #25  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Default Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
WI today and I'm nervous! For the past two weeks I've only lost a total of 2lbs., but my clothes are fitting looser, so I know the inches are coming off. It seems to be petty on my part, when I'm feeling better and looking better, but I really want to see a loss of poundage today!!
You can do it!!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #26  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

So one of the problems I've had is that I've hit the wall with Salad. I had tried eating it for the last 4 days and it literally made me gag. Well after reading on here yesterday I was very motivated. Went to the store last night and got Spinach only (and it was a Manager's special $1.50) and have been able to get my salad in! I do pretty good with the 4c veggies but knew I was needing the extra salad.

Just want to say thanks to everyone on here for being so supportive. So many of you have been where I am and it helps to know others have gotten past it.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

I guess I'll start saving my money and thinking maybe someday I will not be afraid to smile because it shows my wrinkles.[/QUOTE]

Ask your coach about the liquid Collegen, it tastes like raspberry and helps with keeping your skin nice, I have been taking it for a couple of weeks now.Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
NSV here: I have Type II diabetes, but I am very insulin resistant and was on tons of insulin before IP. I am only in the middle of week 2, and have cut my insulin by 90% AND am off one of my 3 blood pressure medications. Amazing!
Yeah for IP, not only for loosing weight but getting us so much healthier!!! Keep up the great job

[QUOTE=mbswainer;3493940]Oh my gosh I am so glad you said that as I feel the same way!!!! My face has these new lines ugggg. My husband made a comment to me the other day about it and he never says anything but how good I look. I am worried too!!! My stomach too, it is ugly!! I layed on my side last night and it looked like a old shriveled up gourd or something. lol I have good skin, no stretch marks or anything so I hope it tightens up a bit. I am starting the savings account too!!

As I said above, ask your coach about the liquid Collegen

Quote:
Originally Posted by floradeluna View Post
Congrats on the great WI!!!! ....I had mine after 3 weeks without (due to vacation) and -15.2 or around that... total of -35 at night with clothes... I prefer my home scale who tells me that in the morning naked im -39 lol

Great Willpower

My in laws are visiting therefore I have been cooking like crazy. Then entire family comes here. I made two cakes yesterday, one of them my favorite and I didn't taste anything. It didn't bother me at all until I served it with ice cream but only for one min. I had that lust for that bite, I just turned it off. When they were eating the cake in the dining room I just kept busy cleaning up dishes and felt so good about myself and the wonderful energy I had.

I had a wonderful weigh in yesterday! Down 3.8 pounds, almost 2 percent body fat and 1.5 inches. I also hit 143 at home on my scale which made me get tears in my eyes. I never thought I could do this. IP scale a little higher of course at noon with clothes on. I have decided I think I want to go to 137 we will see. I am only .8 over on body fat and then I will be normal!!!! My son who is 27 said to me yesterday. Mom if someone would have said to you in the next 2 and a half months you are gonna lose 30 pounds would you have believed them? I said I would have said yeah right you are dreaming!!! So to all of you that have struggled with this your entire lives like me, it works!!! You have to stick with it, not cheat and watch your life transform!!!!
Great WI isn't IP the greatest!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
So one of the problems I've had is that I've hit the wall with Salad. I had tried eating it for the last 4 days and it literally made me gag. Well after reading on here yesterday I was very motivated. Went to the store last night and got Spinach only (and it was a Manager's special $1.50) and have been able to get my salad in! I do pretty good with the 4c veggies but knew I was needing the extra salad.

Just want to say thanks to everyone on here for being so supportive. So many of you have been where I am and it helps to know others have gotten past it.

Hope you all have a great day!
Try the Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing in the recipe thread it is delicious!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 09-24-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Well after about 3 weeks of plateauing my body decided to play nice with me and let me lose a little more weight. I am also pleased to announce that I have just gone past my halfway goal! So 59lbs in just under 4 months isn't bad all. I had hoped to be closer to 80 by now. But this is still way better than the alternative.

Congrats to all the losers out there and keep it up!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Opps!

I'm Svelting, Wonder Cat and Ciebella; I posted replies to your posts on yesterdays thread instead of todays. Can't figure out how to move my post over to todays thread.

Grr...
Old 09-24-2010, 01:14 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
WI today and I'm nervous! For the past two weeks I've only lost a total of 2lbs., but my clothes are fitting looser, so I know the inches are coming off. It seems to be petty on my part, when I'm feeling better and looking better, but I really want to see a loss of poundage today!!
Good luck today!! You are going to do awesome I know it!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by floradeluna View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
Well after about 3 weeks of plateauing my body decided to play nice with me and let me lose a little more weight. I am also pleased to announce that I have just gone past my halfway goal! So 59lbs in just under 4 months isn't bad all. I had hoped to be closer to 80 by now. But this is still way better than the alternative.

Congrats to all the losers out there and keep it up!
These are some awesome scale and non scale victories! It really helps to keep me excited about I.P and motivated too!!

I'd like to share my scale success: after 8 weeks and 2 days, I have lost 50 lbs!!! I can't believe it!! I'm almost half way to goal!!!
Closed Thread