Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 12:53 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
Had to post - I've slipped into the 170's today! For the first time in over 20 years!

179.1 to be exact.

I think I might revise my goal weight down to 165...

I just wish the skin could keep up! At least I know a good bodywork man in Tacoma... now I just have to wish that I didn't hear that another woman who needed it cost $30K!
sgorny (and Soon to be Mrs.T), and everyone else...whoo hoo! Congrats, all! You've had amazing weight loss and you should be so proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
What a great afternoon. The sun was shining and it was 74 degrees out. While at work today I encountered the same advice from well meaning people. I am told on a daily basis, "Don't lose too much" and "you are just about finished aren't you?". I think people get use to seeing me "fat" and can't get use to me at a lesser weight. I am 5'2" tall for crying out loud and I still weigh 187. I have 62 pounds that I still want to lose. I have a bad knee, I am an insulin dependent diabetic, and I have high blood pressure. I need to be at a lower weight just for the health benefits. Who knows, maybe I won't need to lose that much, but I really wish people would not tell me that already. It discourages me - thanks for being here and letting me vent a little.
I've had the same issue with people telling me that I shouldn't lose any more weight, that I was getting too skinny. It's your body, your journey and your decision.

ERIN! So nice to see you on here again. Glad you're back!!

So, as I was starting phase 2 today, I realized that I'm going to have to mix it up with cooking chicken if I have any hope of making it. So, to the Internet I went and found two great recipes on food.com -- made one of them tonight and it was delish! Will post them in recipes.

It was strange eatting my two hardboiled eggs for lunch instead of my shake. I went for my shaker and had to stop myself.

Here's to dreams of staying on plan instead of nightmare dreams of eating a cheeseburger!

JC
Old 09-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
I am in! Got my kit today. Day one on plan!
glad you have joined us in a great journey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders35 View Post
Hello All it's been awhile!
There are so many success stories that it's hard to respond to all so I will just simply say Congrats to Everyone!
The halloween challenge at first seemed to jinx me. My loss was so minimal but I went back to my diary from week 2 and followed it to the letter and next thing you know I have dropped 3.5lbs since last Friday! On Monday I was feeling so down that I called my coach and left the message that I just needed to hear that I was doing everything right. So he called me the next day by that time the scale had moved and I was feeling better but he still so inspirational to me that I still feel the high of that call today.
What I will tell you is that I had stopped eating as much lettuce and when I looked at my week 2 I realized that I was eating some every lunch and every dinner so I reintroduced it and sure enough started feeling the results on the scale.
I guess what it comes down to is that this is a journey or as my coach says it's a marathon not a race. Everybody has a goal but often when you reach the goal it's not the goal that you celebrate it's remembering all the obstacles you overcame along the way! This program may not always feel easy but it definitely feels worth it!

7 weeks in and I am down 24 lbs and over 30"!

Life is what you make of it!

Cheers everyone!
Cinders35 You are doing great and are definitely worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
just wanted to drop in and say hello i see so many newbies on here and am so happy to see that the word is spreading so rapidly about IP. to all my old friends; soon2be, carlashera, linden, hopefultricia, journeysend, sgory, shrinkingsusie, imsvelting-i am SO proud of you all. you all were there for me through my journey and i hope to make some time to be there for you for the end of yours. wannabe and bevs you look AMAZING! love you all!
Erin Welcome back, you have been missed!!
Old 09-25-2010, 01:08 AM   #78  

Height: 5'8"

imsvelting, journeysend and linden

oh yes huns i'm back!!! i''ve missed you all so much, and NO it wasn't taken in a dark cave-just my bathroom!!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 09-25-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:11 AM   #79  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I read and I'm mad, for you. Could you wait 6 months, lose so more weight, except in the crucial spots, and have the doctor resubmit with the required numbers???

I think my insurance company is getting out of it by saying "I don't have large enough breasts for it to be possible that I could even need such a thing" HA. Like they know anything. Insurance companies are a joke...
Old 09-25-2010, 02:14 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Default Day 5

Hi everyone,

It's late, but I just had to share this. I am on day 5 and this evening was my first real test of willpower this week. I hosted a going away party for a work colleague that was planned weeks ago.
While everyone was enjoying glasses of wine and nibblies like Bits and Bites (my favourites!) and crackers and cheese, and chips and dip, I still managed to have a great time with my wine glass filled with Grapefruit Perrier. And THEN we served up dinner of lasagna, cesear salad and garlic toast. But I had a chicken breast, broccoli and cauliflower and salad.
I am so proud of myself and it actually wasn't that hard. I can do this!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:16 AM   #81  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Rachel, I had a breast reduction in January of 2008 from a DD to a B-C. My doctor's office filled everything out that I needed. They KNEW how much they were going to have to take out in order for insurance to pay for it and that's what they put down.

My advice is to go to another plastic surgeon. Also, about what size do you want to end up? My advice is go small. I actually wish mine were smaller than they are.

Edited to add: I think the $6,000 is way under what it would actually cost.
I am definitely considering another plastic surgeon. I was quotes 5500 at one place and 6000 at another place. I'm in KS so it may be cheaper than other states. I watched a True Life: I want a breast reduction on mtv and there was a lady in New York who was going to be charged 13000 I was shocked!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:40 AM   #82  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I am definitely considering another plastic surgeon. I was quotes 5500 at one place and 6000 at another place. I'm in KS so it may be cheaper than other states. I watched a True Life: I want a breast reduction on mtv and there was a lady in New York who was going to be charged 13000 I was shocked!
Make sure the quote includes the surgeon, anesthesiologist, hospital/surgery center, etc.

I only had to pay my $2,000 deductible. That was it. I am so happy with the BR. My only regret is not doing it sooner.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumbow01 View Post
Anyone have a good suggestion for a website to do a little research on vegetable nutrients?!?! Any help is much appreciated!
I got this website from Linden: http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/nutrit...egetables.html
Old 09-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
imsvelting, journeysend and linden

oh yes huns i'm back!!! i''ve missed you all so much, and NO it wasn't taken in a dark cave-just my bathroom!!
Look at YOU!! Gorgeous picture! You skinny thing, you. Great to have you back.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #85  

Default It's the weekend ...

Come join us in the Weekend thread.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-25-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Closed Thread