Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #76  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
That really does sound like a bootcamp experience. Have you done it before? Did it work?

I'm kinda interested to get my body back into hefty losing mode.
I did it from Nov 24 to May 10. Lost 80 pounds in that amount of time. It definitely works but can be very boring.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
Just got back form my 1 WI. I have lost 6.8 lb. What a confidence bust to stay on the plan. I didn't do any rIPs since it is my first week and I think I will go another week with out any rIP. I am sure that I cann't expect to lose that much each week, but it is a start.

I use to go to the gym 3 days a week and do cardio and weights and had trouble burning 5lb a month.

So to all you that are on there first day or two it does pay off to only do Non-restriced IPs, if at all possiable. Good Luck
A great 1st WI...keep up the great job!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #78  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

I think that is one of the funniest (and truest in my case also) things I've read about this diet!! I had the Sea of D for at least 2 weeks!!

By the way, just want to add that Ketosis Rocks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
OMG....too funny! My bestie had the "Sea of D".....I haven't experienced it.....but, I had to laugh at you!!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Hello IPers!

HOpe everyone is enjoying a good day! The weather is wonderful where I live!~

Welcome newbies! Wow this diet is really taking off! Good luck with all NSV's and losses this week!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #80  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Just got back form my 1 WI. I have lost 6.8 lb. What a confidence bust to stay on the plan. I didn't do any rIPs since it is my first week and I think I will go another week with out any rIP. I am sure that I cann't expect to lose that much each week, but it is a start.

I use to go to the gym 3 days a week and do cardio and weights and had trouble burning 5lb a month.

So to all you that are on there first day or two it does pay off to only do Non-restriced IPs, if at all possiable. Good Luck
Kudos to you! It does pay off, keep up the good work! What a great first week loss.

Some may disagree with this, but you shouldn't feel obligated to use the rIP packets. I am in week 9 and haven't had any. My coach is cool with it and just instructs me to have an extra regular packet on days I exercise or feel I just need/want one. I would say to discuss you options with your coach and keep up the good work, you've made it over the mtn.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #81  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
Do you really think it could effect ketosis? 1 tsp has 1g carb and 1g fiber so i figured it was a wash. I will see if I notice a difference in how i feel and my wi..thanks for the heads up..off for my a.m. walk
yes, it is "off protocol" but for me, it was very successful at staving off the big C, which isn't just a comfort thing, it's a health thing. So I also figured the "wash" and opted to use it 2-3 times a week. And 1 tsp is about what I would toss into my shaker with a pudding and lots of extra water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
I miss not seeing the progress photo thread. I know it was moved somewhere. I used to look at that everyday. Why did we hide it?
I wonder if svelting could add that link to the already amazingly useful list of links on the head of each day's chat? (Let me add my thanks to others for you taking on the work of herding all us cats! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAShutterbug View Post
OK, can I be on a plateau this early in the ball game. I do about 2/3 days of 1 hour cardio per week and did some light weights yesterday.
Even if your body is used to it, cardio can kick you out of ketosis. I would suggest dropping most of this (or severely lessening the intensity more to "walking") until you are done with phase 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
Speaking of ketosis, I am on day 5 and am not sure if I am in ketosis or not. ... can anyone point me (and the other newbies) to more specifics on knowing you are in ketosis?
My surest measure was always my energy/hunger level. If you are not hungry (or only hungry as you approach meal times, or only a faint hunger from time to time) you are definitely in ketosis. You could not be living on 800-900 calories a day and not feel STARVING if your body were not accessing fat stores to live on. In my case (the 2 times I got kicked out of ketosis) I was STARVING and very weak for about 6-8 hours until it kicked back in.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #82  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I did it from Nov 24 to May 10. Lost 80 pounds in that amount of time. It definitely works but can be very boring.
wow 80 pound loss in 5 months! That's incredible!

I went to my endocrinologist today. I brought her information on the IP diet, we discussed it at length, and my personal health issues. She did say high protein diets cause kidney stones, and she was concerned because I have had them before..She also is concerned with extra headaches due to artificial sweetners in IP products....
She wants me to have 2 glasses of skim milk and 1 cup lowfat yogurt daily with 1200 mg Calcium. and multi vitamin, and vit D. She also wants me to stop phase 1 after 4 more months and then go thru the rest of the phases. She ordered bloodwork.She will call me with results. Now I see her again in March.

So now I have to ask,you experienced IPers- will these dairy additions throw off the whole diet? Will I continue to lose weight even at a slower rate??? OR should I just phase off IP all together, if I am changing Dr Tien's diet..??
Old 09-21-2010, 04:43 PM   #83  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
go look here ...they have separated all of us I guess

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...oto-album-202/
Thanks so much for posting that website, I'd been looking for it too! Fantastic changes in so many people, it's wonderful! Can't wait till I can post my results there too

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
I wonder if svelting could add that link to the already amazingly useful list of links on the head of each day's chat?
Good idea. I'll do it starting tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #85  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Tminus80, thanks for the boost of confidence. It looks like you are doing a fabulous job.

I see some loose more and some less, I just figuer at least it is something, I can't wait untill I can start working out again I really miss my wieghts, and my yoga that I was doing. I figuer I can probably start some yoga at least the streaches that don't have my heart rate up over 60%.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #86  
Nichole

Default Doh!

I just realized that I haven't taken my cal-mag supplement in WEEKS! I moved in mid to late August so my routine changed a bit. I completely forgot about taking cal-mag until I read another thread on this board. Now I wonder what kind of impact this has had?? Yikes.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #87  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default The benefits of massage

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/21/he...=me&ref=health

This in today's NY Times, on the benefits of massage. Interesting.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #88  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Just got back form my 1 WI. I have lost 6.8 lb. What a confidence boost to stay on the plan.
Congrats and keep up the great work!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
She wants me to have 2 glasses of skim milk and 1 cup lowfat yogurt daily with 1200 mg Calcium. and multi vitamin, and vit D. She also wants me to stop phase 1 after 4 more months and then go thru the rest of the phases. She ordered bloodwork.She will call me with results. Now I see her again in March.

So now I have to ask,you experienced IPers- will these dairy additions throw off the whole diet? Will I continue to lose weight even at a slower rate??? OR should I just phase off IP all together, if I am changing Dr Tien's diet..??
Have you talked to your coach about the IP Alternate program? My bf did the alternate program for all phases. (he is in maintenance now.) It is the same but adds a bit of fruit, grain, and dairy to your normal plan. He still continued to lose with this program. I would talk to your coach about the Dr's request and maybe the alternate program and maybe try it for a week or 2 to see if that eases up the migraines. PS. Did the doctor test for your iron levels too? My iron levels are low which causes me fatigue and in turns triggers the headaches sometimes. If I take my iron supplements regularly this seems to help (one more damn pill). I wouldn't suggest taking iron though unless your test results prove it to be low. Good luck and I do hope you start feeling better soon.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
So I went to my first WI since my protocol hiatus, and the news was acceptable. After 9 days off protocol, and another 7 back on, I broke even. No gain, no loss -- or better said, an equal amount of gain and loss. So I'm back on track and it's looking like if I hit the Halloween Challenge (30 lbs. for me), then after Halloween I can start on Phase 2. I should be on maintenance just in time to avoid all of the holiday food...
As Cosmos Kramer would say "You know who you are? Even Steven"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
Hi all;
I am having an absolute horrid day... my hometown is under a state of emergency due to hurricane Igor and I am unable to get ahold of family members please take a moment and wish everyone well in Newfoundland, Canada, their homes are flooding and roads which are their only access in and out of their communities are washing away. Thank-you!
Will keep you, your family and the whole community in my prayers. I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this
Old 09-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #90  

Height: 5'7"

Default Onderland Part 2

I am nervous and excited...nervous because I am having arthroscopic surgery on my knee tomorrow. Excited because today at my weigh in I crossed the 100 lbs. lost. 100.5 to be exact. This IP journey has been nothing short of a miracle. 25 weeks ago, I was wondering if I was doomed to be overweight for the rest of my life. Today, with the help of IP, my coach, my family and people on this forum, I believe that I will get rid of that final 6.5 lbs and keep the weight off for good.! I am a refugee from nearly every diet plan that you could name, but not one has worked like this. I was so worried when I started that it would be so limiting....then I decided it was limited for just a while so I could have a limitless future where weight would no longer be an issue. Over this time, I have only worried about the day that I was in and not tried to project too far into the future.

Tomorrow is my surgery and for the first time in a looooooooong time, I was actually able to get my wedding ring off. Hopefully, not carrying around the extra 100+ pounds will be kind to my knees. As an aside, I was worried because my weight loss was slowing down. This past week, I moved to Phase 2 and during that week, I lost 5.5 pounds. I was astonished! I hadn't seen a loss like that since the early months.

Congrats to all the new people! Lots of people are reporting great losses in the early weeks. Promise yourself to stay strong and on plan. If you are a lurker, I am glad that you are reading the forum, but please post and introduce yourself. This is an amazing forum with the absolute BEST support!!

Su
Closed Thread