Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #61  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaKate View Post
So, it has worked for you. I'd love to do away with my veggies! I feel full after my Ip foods and my one grilled protein a day. I'm scared to do it without knowing for sure that it works!
I think something needs to be cleared up right away before this gets out of hand:

IP Boot Camp doesn't ELIMINATE veggies!

Boot Camp means that you eliminate all restricted items -- meaning restricted IP foods (like crepes, puffs and bars) and staying away from the "occasional" veggies like tomatoes, green beans, etc.

Phase 1 requires 4 cups of vegetables per day. You can't eliminate them!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #62  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Speaking of ketosis, I am on day 5 and am not sure if I am in ketosis or not. In yesterday's thread, you may have read me saying that for my first three days, I had 4 IP packets on each of those days (plus everything else was supposed to eat and drink). Now I am just doing 3 packets. I feel pretty good and my mouth doesn't taste weird (metallic or cottony). My urine is yellow and bright, but I'm drinking so much water that it seems normal given the supplements I'm on. I tried ketosis sticks (including first thing in the morning urine, where I guessed the ketones might be more concentrated) and only in my wildest imagination is there any color change (slight, if any) I'll be a bit embarrassed that I didn't find it myself from all the resources here, but can anyone point me (and the other newbies) to more specifics on knowing you are in ketosis?
My coach instructed me to test at night, not in the morning. Can't remember why, but the results have improved. Tonya
Old 09-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #63  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default This is the Day

Hello,

Everone on this board is such an encouragment. Today will be my first weight in so I am hoping everything goes well. Maybe I will have my first of many small victories. I will post later to let you all know.

Keep up the good work everyone
Old 09-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I think something needs to be cleared up right away before this gets out of hand:

Boot Camp means that you eliminate all restricted items -- meaning restricted IP foods (like crepes, puffs and bars) and staying away from the "occasional" veggies like tomatoes, green beans, etc.

Ok well I've been in bootcamp for approx. 12 of my 13 weeks total on IP. Maybe I should stuff myself with restricted items and then go back to a bootcamp way of life to see if that makes a difference. My body is just not wanting to cooperate with me currently.

We'll see what the game plan is after my weigh in on Friday morning.

Last edited by Soon 2 B MrsT; 09-21-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 222/207/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:

THANKS!
I thought it sounded funny haha. So far the only veggie i eat is cucumber so i'm stickin to bootcamp until i get to onederland! My IP provider does not want me to cut the restricted item; i asked and she says no.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

SO...The french fries have all been eaten.....but not by ME!!!! YAY! I did it! It was so tempting to just have one but I didn't!

Thanks to Dave for the "they don't taste as good as they smell", that's what got me through lol!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Quote:

Thanks salesgod I edited my post did not realize I forgot the occasional in front of vegetables !!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #68  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Please let me know as well! I thought the veggies worked to help clear you out!
I'm having a rough day here IPers. Weigh in for end of week 3 and only down 3.5 pounds. I did not expect to keep loosing a pound a day however, i would like to be in the 3-5 pound a week range. I started Sept. 1st at 222 and now 207 at end of week 3. If this bootcamp thing works, i'm all about it!!! HELP. I'm feeling like i'll lose it with football season starting and everyone gathering and me being the cook haha..
Hope everyone has a great day! Congrats on all losses.
To be honest, I don't think you're being realistic. Go to the Labor Day and Thanksgiving challenges and see how much a cross section of IPer lose a week. You have done extremely well.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #69  

Thanks Linden! Just trying to get below 200. Sick of seeing myself as i see myself in the mirror. I still can't believe i have let myself go so much and see no difference in myself at 207 rather than 222. I guess we all at some point get discouraged especially in the beginning. Losing 7 pounds will definately give me more inspiration and let me feel more like my goal is attainable.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #70  
Started IP 07/22/2010

Quote:
So, it has worked for you. I'd love to do away with my veggies! I feel full after my Ip foods and my one grilled protein a day. I'm scared to do it without knowing for sure that it works!
Like everyone has said, can't run or hide from the veggies. Gotta to eat all of your daily allotment, just check your Phase 1 handout and stick to the Select veggies list. Check out the recipe threads for ideas. My husband also was not a veggie eatter, but now he eats lots of different veggies in stirfry, or in a salad with his own mustard or spicy italian dressing.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #71  
Started IP 07/22/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Your losses each week have been amazing !! 40 pounds since July good for you !!
Thank you so much!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #72  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default 1st WI

Just got back form my 1 WI. I have lost 6.8 lb. What a confidence bust to stay on the plan. I didn't do any rIPs since it is my first week and I think I will go another week with out any rIP. I am sure that I cann't expect to lose that much each week, but it is a start.

I use to go to the gym 3 days a week and do cardio and weights and had trouble burning 5lb a month.

So to all you that are on there first day or two it does pay off to only do Non-restriced IPs, if at all possiable. Good Luck
Old 09-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #73  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Thanks Linden! Just trying to get below 200. Sick of seeing myself as i see myself in the mirror. I still can't believe i have let myself go so much and see no difference in myself at 207 rather than 222. I guess we all at some point get discouraged especially in the beginning. Losing 7 pounds will definately give me more inspiration and let me feel more like my goal is attainable.
I have left my weekly numbers for the first 6 weeks at the bottom because I thought there might be others like myself who hang on every single pound lost at the beginning. It sounds like you are just like me!! It was how I kept myself motivated and on plan. But notice that there weren't many 5 pound weeks. 3 pounds is a very good weekly number. And now, months later when it's 60 something pounds total, I'm so glad I just kept going. Do not let your impatience sabotage your success. I was "hopeful" and I haven't been disappointed. You won't be either... because if I can do it, anyone can!!
Also, no one really noticed my weight loss until I was at 30 or even 40 lbs lost. Really. But now, I get a lot of attention. It's hard not to notice over 60 lbs...
(secret, I started at 1 lb more than you) Good luck and just keep doing it!!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 09-21-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
I have left my weekly numbers for the first 6 weeks at the bottom because I thought there might be others like myself who hang on every single pound lost at the beginning. It sounds like you are just like me!! It was how I kept myself motivated and on plan. But notice that there weren't many 5 pound weeks. 3 pounds is a very good weekly number. And now, months later when it's 60 something pounds total, I'm so glad I just kept going. Do not let your impatience sabotage your success. I was "hopeful" and I haven't been disappointed. You won't be either... because if I can do it, anyone can!!
Also, no one really noticed my weight loss until I was at 30 or even 40 lbs lost. Really. But now, I get a lot of attention. It's hard not to notice over 60 lbs...
(secret, I started at 1 lb more than you) Good luck and just keep doing it!!

How long ago did you start? Thanks so much for the inspiration!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #75  
Started IP 07/22/2010

I was thinking about the discussion recently on water intake. When Bill and I started on IP our coach instructed us to drink no less than 1/2 our weight in ounces per day. So for me that has meant more than a gallon each day, minimum. I have found that using a straw is the only way I can get it all down. The long straws at Starbucks work great for 32oz bottles. I pick up one whenever I get my coffee.
Closed Thread