Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #121  

Height: 5'7"

Hmmmmm....I don't have a clue? Would hydration have any effect on body fat?? You lost some weight....how do your clothes fit? looser???
Old 09-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 149.8/125/118.0

Height: 5'2"

my pants fit the same, it is weird, i am just not sure why i would lose weight but gain body fat. i drink about 100 oz of water a day.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfergirl67 View Post
Hi all went for my weigh in after my first week in maintence...i dropped 2.5lbs but my bodyfat went up 2.2% is that bad, does that mean something bad or just my body adjusting......any thoughts
I really doubt that your body fat actually went up. Measurements on those scales can change several percentage points in the same day. Read this article: http://calorielab.com/news/2006/03/0...-than-desired/.

I would go more by how your clothes fit and how you feel.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #124  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfergirl67 View Post
Hi all went for my weigh in after my first week in maintence...i dropped 2.5lbs but my bodyfat went up 2.2% is that bad, does that mean something bad or just my body adjusting......any thoughts
I wouldnt worry about it too much.... I have seen my fat go up when I have lost pounds, I think your TOM can have an affect, water retention (salter foods), alcohol also can mess with the numbers, I have heard even showering can make a change, go by how you feel and your clothing, great job whoop whoop phase 4 rocks and down 2.5- is fantastic, I think a few of us kept losing even in 4
Old 09-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Our coach said peanut butter is ok too for the protein. For breakfast in phase 3.

Last edited by mbswainer; 09-15-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #126  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
Our coach said peanut butter is ok too for the protein. For breakfast in phase 3.
I like almond butter better... if you havent tried it, very YUMMY, they even have cashew butter, I havent tried it yet, gotta finish my almond butter first ..... Sorry it also counts as a fat well at least I count it as fat as I dont eat enough of it to cover the protein requirements for brekky.

Last edited by WannabeIP; 09-15-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
I like almond butter better... if you havent tried it, very YUMMY, they even have cashew butter, I havent tried it yet, gotta finish my almond butter first ..... Sorry it also counts as a fat well at least I count it as fat as I dont eat enough of it to cover the protein requirements for brekky.
Yeah, it would be pretty hard to eat enough to fill the protein quota!

I got the reduced sugar Jif, and am really liking it. I find that now that my dietary habits have changes, I don't attempt to overdo with huge globs of pb like I used to.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #128  

So I had my weigh-in tonight and I'm still 0.4 lb away from my goal. I've struggled with the Big C all week, so I'm sure that's why I didn't lose more. I've decided to stay on Phase 2 for one last week to get below my goal and then move to Phase 3 next week. I have been investigating breakfast options though and I must admit that I'm so confused! I'm finding it really hard to come up with menus that hits all of the targets outlined in the Phase 3 sheet Jordanna posted in the stickies (<30g net carbs from grains, <20g net carbs from fruits, at least 25g of protein, <120 calories from dairy and <15g of total fat). It seems that I don't have a problem keeping within the guidelines with respect to the carbs, but it's alot harder to keep the fats low (especially when one egg is 5g alone!) and to get in at least 25g of protein. Should one trump the other? Some sample menus with quantities, measurements, brands and/or details that others on Phases 3 & 4 are using successfully would be extremely helpful!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Yeah, it would be pretty hard to eat enough to fill the protein quota!

I got the reduced sugar Jif, and am really liking it. I find that now that my dietary habits have changes, I don't attempt to overdo with huge globs of pb like I used to.
The reduced-sugar Jif and most other peanut butters have hydrogenated oils in them, which means they also contain trans fats. I have been buying Smucker's Natural peanut butter. The only ingredients are peanuts and salt. You just carefully stir it up when you first open the jar and then refrigerate it. Delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
So I had my weigh-in tonight and I'm still 0.4 lb away from my goal. I've struggled with the Big C all week, so I'm sure that's why I didn't lose more. I've decided to stay on Phase 2 for one last week to get below my goal and then move to Phase 3 next week. I have been investigating breakfast options though and I must admit that I'm so confused! I'm finding it really hard to come up with menus that hits all of the targets outlined in the Phase 3 sheet Jordanna posted in the stickies (<30g net carbs from grains, <20g net carbs from fruits, at least 25g of protein, <120 calories from dairy and <15g of total fat). It seems that I don't have a problem keeping within the guidelines with respect to the carbs, but it's alot harder to keep the fats low (especially when one egg is 5g alone!) and to get in at least 25g of protein. Should one trump the other? Some sample menus with quantities, measurements, brands and/or details that others on Phases 3 & 4 are using successfully would be extremely helpful!
A typical Phase 3 breakfast for me would be:

1 extra-large egg + 2 whites, 120 calories, < 1 g. carb., 14 g. protein, 5 g. fat

1 1/2 slices Brownberry multi-grain toast, 150 calories, 27 g. carbs, 6 g. protein, 2.25 g. fat

1 cup Stonyfield organic low-fat, plain yogurt, 120 calories, 14 g. carbs, 10 g. protein, 2 g. fat

1 cup blueberries, 70 calories, 17 g. carbs, < 1 g. protein, 1 g. fat
Old 09-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 187/147/145

Height: 5'7

Smuckers also has a reduced fat version that works well. I found that the other brands had hydrogenated oils and aspertame. It's crazy the things I notice now on labels and what not they hide unhealthy things all over!
Old 09-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #131  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
First of all Congrats on phasing off... whoop whoop. I try not to get to hung up on the numbers, I look at the carbs in the grains and fruit, keep my dairy below 120, only use lean meats now anyway and lower fat options (not no fat) so I dont worry too much about the fat... I think Novak may have posted some sample recipes or maybe Jordana. I usually have organic plain yogurt & fruit (1 cup strawberry & 1/2 blueberrys) then I may have toast or ww waffles or pancakes that I make, ww french toast, fibre one cereal ( so less yogurt if I have milk and I use soy milk ), sometimes I have eggs & ham, or turkey sausage or steak or turkey bacon, or I may have a IP shake, I also make protein bars or cookies for when I am in a rush. I use butter or almond butter if I feel like it or need it. I keep my cals under 500 for brekky.... play around with it, I really was freaked by the transition in the beginning, it will be ok.... you really cant eat as much as you think you can, so its easy to stay within the general guidelines
Old 09-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Hi to all! Nice to see where everyone has gotten. Lot of goals reached and really close to goals for others.

I have been to the messages boards to post once in awhile, but mostly to read and keep up on how everyone is doing and to get advice and keep motivated.

Here is my situation. I started IP back in March 2010. Everything went along fine. Got down to 135. My goal weight was 130. Was sort of stuck @ 135 for quite awhile with the scale not moving at all.

Then came summer and the company and I somehow got lost and off track. I am back up to 140. Not bad considering. I have been doing some IP and then some not. I just can't seem to get back on track. I want to finish the diet all the way, but I am also tired of it.

I have always had a terrible sweet tooth, and it is back. Love the cookies, cakes, pastries, chocolate, chips, etc. I am eating and really why - I don't know. It maybe tastes good for the first few bites, then I just keep shoveling it in, because then it will be gone and out of the house.

I really need to get back to Phase 1 strictly. I hated Phase 2, as I am not a meat eater and found the protein at lunch really tough. I really don't know why we do Phase 2 - does anyone have an explanation for that?

I know Phase 3 is the most important for resetting the pancreas.

I say I am going to be good (in the morning) and then by lunch time that has gone out the window. It is hard to eat salad when it is cold and raining out!!

I work out of a home office, so that does not help.

Where has my motivation/determination/drive gone?

HELP - any suggestions for getting back on track???

Thanks to all of you!!
Lori
Old 09-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
Hi to all! Nice to see where everyone has gotten. Lot of goals reached and really close to goals for others.

I have been to the messages boards to post once in awhile, but mostly to read and keep up on how everyone is doing and to get advice and keep motivated.

Here is my situation. I started IP back in March 2010. Everything went along fine. Got down to 135. My goal weight was 130. Was sort of stuck @ 135 for quite awhile with the scale not moving at all.

Then came summer and the company and I somehow got lost and off track. I am back up to 140. Not bad considering. I have been doing some IP and then some not. I just can't seem to get back on track. I want to finish the diet all the way, but I am also tired of it.

I have always had a terrible sweet tooth, and it is back. Love the cookies, cakes, pastries, chocolate, chips, etc. I am eating and really why - I don't know. It maybe tastes good for the first few bites, then I just keep shoveling it in, because then it will be gone and out of the house.

I really need to get back to Phase 1 strictly. I hated Phase 2, as I am not a meat eater and found the protein at lunch really tough. I really don't know why we do Phase 2 - does anyone have an explanation for that?

I know Phase 3 is the most important for resetting the pancreas.

I say I am going to be good (in the morning) and then by lunch time that has gone out the window. It is hard to eat salad when it is cold and raining out!!

I work out of a home office, so that does not help.

Where has my motivation/determination/drive gone?

HELP - any suggestions for getting back on track???

Thanks to all of you!!
Lori
The more sweets you eat, the more you crave. Since you're up to 140, you're probably ready to get back in the groove of Phase 1 before your clothes start feeling too tight. Maybe start writing down everything you eat. Maybe try re-reading Dr. Tran's book to get yourself motivated again. Remember how fast you lost at the beginning? Now that you've been off the program for awhile, you can probably start out losing that fast again. It's important to get back on the program before you start down that slippery slope and gain back all the weight you lost.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:26 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=LJHA;3483841]Hi to all! Nice to see where everyone has gotten. Lot of goals reached and really close to goals for others.

This might seem a strange response, but if you are 140 at almost 5' 7" by my bmi calculations, that puts you at a little under 22 for your BMI, which is pretty darn low. Maybe your goal of 130 is a little too low for your body and that's part of the reason it's difficult to stay there.

I think part of success in maintenance is learning how to love and care for our new bodies. Which does include being careful with junk food, because, well it's junk food : ) It would definitely be better health wise to stay at 140, feel great enough about your body to put good food in it, but not fight with a cycle of failure that, let's face it, makes us want to binge and eat whatever we feel like. Better than allowing a perceived "failure" drive you to gain even more weight. Thus, the yo-yo dieting.

So, even though I'm just a newbie to 'after phase 1' I say, love yourself! Enjoy your life without hiding in food! don't be afraid of food, but don't let it control you either.

Don't eat to beat yourself back into shape, eat well because your beautiful and you deserve healthy food in that body of yours!

Just my perspective.
KelleyAnn
Old 09-17-2010, 02:35 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

I have a couple questions in regards to Phase 4(where I'll be soon)

1. Before IP, I was a huge snacker. I loved cereal, sometimes 3 bowls a day. What are some good snack ideas to replace my beloved cereal? I don't want to only eat IP snacks, so what are some real food high protein snacks?

2. Is anyone in maintenance with little kids at home? My kids are not huge veggie fans and after making 2 or 3 different meals for every breakfast lunch and dinner for 9 weeks I am ready to make food we can all eat together, at least for dinner time. My kids are 6 and 3. Any ideas, or kid friendly low carb recipe sites? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

KelleyAnn
Closed Thread