Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 03:40 AM   #136  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hi, guys,

Starting tomorrow, I'm taking my coach's suggestion and transitioning to Phase 2. No, I'm not at goal, or anywhere near it. For the last 4 weeks I've flirted with 159 twice, but pretty consistently wavered between 161 and 164 -- which I was at this morning. By anyone's reckoning, 20 pounds in twelve weeks (today's the end of the 12th week) is nothing to brag about.

Wish me luck, OK?

(For those of you who are new, I'm not admitting defeat. I still think the IP Program is the most logical one I've ever seen. But I've followed it faithfully, only used IP products, drunk LOTS of water, walked twice daily. Apparently the combination of hypothyroidism, figromyalgia, chronic fatigue, insulin resistance, and hormone imbalance isn't give me the break I'd like. So we're trying something new.)

Last edited by Linden; 09-17-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #137  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Starting tomorrow, I'm taking my coach's suggestion and transitioning to Phase 2. No, I'm not at goal, or anywhere near it. For the last 4 weeks I've flirted with 159 twice, but pretty consistently wavered between 161 and 164 -- which I was at this morning. By anyone's reckoning, 20 pounds in twelve weeks (today's the end of the 12th week) is nothing to brag about.

Wish me luck, OK?
Good luck
Old 09-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #138  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:

Wish me luck, OK?

(For those of you who are new, I'm not admitting defeat. I still think the IP Program is the most logical one I've ever seen. But I've followed it faithfully, only used IP products, drunk LOTS of water, walked twice daily. Apparently the combination of hypothyroidism, figromyalgia, chronic fatigue, insulin resistance, and hormone imbalance isn't give me the break I'd like. So we're trying something new.)
hUUHHH... I say brag away... you are still down 20 whoot whoot not up 20 ... you have alot of health conditions stacked against you but yet you still held strong... you dont need luck, your doin it...
New is sometimes just what ya need... change it up
Old 09-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #139  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Thanks, to both of you, WannabeIP and Novak. Was awakened by a cluster headache, something I haven't had in several months, and a sciatic nerve that needs a cortisone shot and IS NOT going to get it and make me gain weight. Oh, Chronos.

Listen you gods of diets, I've had my fill of pandering to you. By all that's holy this will be my last diet and I don't need any bolts of lightening in the posterior to put me in my place.

PetiteandCute, if you're listening and you ever decide to abandon your little yellow chick, I hope you'll deed it to me.

Last edited by Linden; 09-17-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Well, on to phase 4 tomorrow. I'm not quite as excited about that as I was about phase 3, not sure why. I haven't gained any of the 2-5 lbs back yet, so that's nice. I'll be ok if it happens tho!

One weird thing. I was worried that when I came out of ketosis and didn't benefit from the normal appetite suppression that comes along with it, that I would be hungry. I'm not at all! I actually forgot to eat twice this week, which has never happened before. I suppose my body's still adjusting, but it is still an odd thing.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:46 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
.)
Wishing you only the best Linden! May phase two be just the shake up your body needs. Your determination and commitment are admirable.

[QUOTE=Stacey41;3485373]Well, on to phase 4 tomorrow. I'm not quite as excited about that as I was about phase 3, not sure why. I haven't gained
any of the 2-5 lbs back yet, so that's nice. I'll be ok if it happens tho!
One weird thing. I was worried that when I came out of ketosis and didn't benefit from the normal appetite suppression that comes along with it, that I would be hungry. I'm not at all! I actually forgot to eat twice this week, which has never happened before. I suppose my body's still adjusting, but it is still an odd thing.[/QUOTE

Congrats on successfully reaching phase 4!!!! As I get closer to phase 2 (and the rest of them) I've been wondering about the possible 2 - 5 pound weight gain and about potential hunger feelings due to no longer being in ketosis. Your post was a relief to read. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:22 AM   #142  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Thanks, Makeitmatter. You're very kind.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:33 AM   #143  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Default Phase 4 update

well, after lots of short check ins (been on the road for weeks) I have worked my way through almost all the info on the "after phase 1" sticky--my, my you are all prolific and wonderfully helpful.

Here is my update, just for the record. I started phase 4 just about a week ago and about 2 days before that my hair started falling out in handfuls. I've lost 40 pounds since the end of April, and like many others, it happened right at the end. How weird is that? Anyway, I wrote down the advice for the different supplements and I'm not too worried, but thought I would add it here as documentation for those yet to come!

Also, I am at exactly the weight I was when I phased off. Not sure if I swung up and down through 2 and 3, but by the time I got home (and back to a scale) I was at the same weight I left Phase 1. So, I'm one of the lucky ones who may have gained the water/glycogen weight, but was able to lose a bit more in 2 and 3 to accommodate it.

I'm barely craving or eating the foods I thought I would want. I split and order of french fries with a friend and did not finish my portion and that was about it.

The most interesting thing in 4 (so far) has been reminding myself about portion control. At dinner, I have to remind myself (for the first time in a long time) to keep my portions reasonable. Funny, but I guess it's because I feel like I am back in "real life" and so I have forgotten that part of my IP life. But I'm getting the swing now, and figuring it out. gotta love IP!

thanks mucho to all of you who have been so informative on this journey, I quite literally could not have done it without you!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:24 AM   #144  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
well, after lots of short check ins (been on the road for weeks) I have worked my way through almost all the info on the "after phase 1" sticky--my, my you are all prolific and wonderfully helpful.
I did that practically all this weekend -- read the after sticky. It was a great weekend.

This was my second reading, and I think it's beginning to stick now that I'm in the midst of it. Someone said its like learning a foreign language -- which I think is right on the mark -- because when you learn a language you also learn a culture, and a mentality. But this time I've got good teachers. Have I mentioned recently how grateful I am?
Old 09-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #145  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Perfect Rocky- You have learned the language of maintenance, once in awhile I take a refresher course but I am also finding it pretty easy... definately cant eat as much as before and feeling really satisfied.
Stacey- I was also concerned as I have always been a big eater, not so much sweets or junk but alot of food, really IP trains your body to eat less by default which is great.
I am also grateful for all the advice and support

Last edited by WannabeIP; 09-20-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #146  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Starting tomorrow, I'm taking my coach's suggestion and transitioning to Phase 2.
Wish me luck, OK?
Good luck Linden,
I hope that the change up of going to Phase 2 will shake things up for you in a good way. My last week on Phase 1 was a really, really terrible case of the BIG C. (which I NEVER get) I am still not out of the woods with that, but moving to Phase 2 last week did "shake things up." This week my weight has dropped more than it has in several weeks. Here's hoping that all is going well for you

Su

Last edited by CUSU; 09-20-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post

Here is my update, just for the record. I started phase 4 just about a week ago and about 2 days before that my hair started falling out in handfuls. I've lost 40 pounds since the end of April, and like many others, it happened right at the end. How weird is that? Anyway, I wrote down the advice for the different supplements and I'm not too worried, but thought I would add it here as documentation for those yet to come!

Also, I am at exactly the weight I was when I phased off. Not sure if I swung up and down through 2 and 3, but by the time I got home (and back to a scale) I was at the same weight I left Phase 1. So, I'm one of the lucky ones who may have gained the water/glycogen weight, but was able to lose a bit more in 2 and 3 to accommodate it.

I'm barely craving or eating the foods I thought I would want. I split and order of french fries with a friend and did not finish my portion and that was about it.

The most interesting thing in 4 (so far) has been reminding myself about portion control. At dinner, I have to remind myself (for the first time in a long time) to keep my portions reasonable. Funny, but I guess it's because I feel like I am back in "real life" and so I have forgotten that part of my IP life. But I'm getting the swing now, and figuring it out. gotta love IP!

thanks mucho to all of you who have been so informative on this journey, I quite literally could not have done it without you!
My good friend had the same hair loss issue, she started the good supplements for hair and nail's that she bought at a salon and her hair quit falling out immediately but it thinned out quick. I am gonna be there soon and am going to watch mine close and try to get on the supplements fast. Good job on the eating and not gaining, I agree IP is great!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

I am now 3 days into Phase 2. I must admit I'm having a hard time with all the meat! I've never been a big meat eater, and the 5 oz at dinner was a pretty hard adjustment. Now lunch too!

Does anybody know where the glycogen is stored? (I know where I'd like it be stored ) When I gain it back, will those 2-3 pounds change the way I look, or the way my clothes fit?

KelleyAnn
Old 09-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyAnn View Post
I am now 3 days into Phase 2. I must admit I'm having a hard time with all the meat! I've never been a big meat eater, and the 5 oz at dinner was a pretty hard adjustment. Now lunch too!

Does anybody know where the glycogen is stored? (I know where I'd like it be stored ) When I gain it back, will those 2-3 pounds change the way I look, or the way my clothes fit?

KelleyAnn
Can you have eggs or tofu? I ate a lot of eggs in place of meat during IP, still do! Tofu worked for me too, I just got the lite version that had less carbs - but I happen to like tofu, you may not. Also, veggie burgers are good, just watch the carbs in the different varieties.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 181/162/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Wish me luck, OK?
I too was stalled for several weeks in Phase 1 and have recently started Phase 3, as I'm getting married and wanted to be able to eat "normally" but still maintain my weight through my honeymoon. I intend to go back on Phase 1 when I return so that I can lose the rest of my weight and get to my goal. But, more to the point, I am 3 days into Phase 3 and have lost another 2.5 lbs. Maybe the change is just what my body needed to break my plateau, and hopefully it will also be just what you need to move past your stall. Good luck!

Jennifer
Closed Thread