Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #166  
Member
 
damgi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 39

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

For me, the aha moment occurred after a cheat. I realized several things. The food didn't taste like I remembered ; very disappoint. It left me feeling sick; also disappointing. It left me hungry. It left me tired after about 20 min. That all made me realize, I was never going to be going back to how I ate. MY body was designed to eat that diet and it loves this one. I know I won't always eat as strictly and I know dessert will be an option. I also know, cheats will be allowed. I just realize that my future diet is more like what I eat today that what I use to eat.


TOMATOES... they are an occasional food. You are suppose to limit them to 2x per week. NOW, that said. Tomato in small... REALLY, I mean small, quantities will not hurt you. If you chopped 3 grape tomatoes on a salad every day just to get the color and taste of tomato it would not be a problem. The problem is North Americans have a diet that will encourage over eating of tomatoes. That creates a problem because of sugar and acid. If you can control the tomato usage, you are fine. Just use it like you would a spice, add just to enhance the flavor of something not to be the whole flavor.
I have not cheated yet, nor do I plan too, but your words are so encouraging. I actually look forward to the moment I will eat something unhealthy and realize I don't need or want it.

What about salsa? I attempted a boring chili last night with lean ground beef, chili powder, green peppers and zucchini. It is for tonite's dinner, but I took a little taste - BORING! It really needed something else to kick it up! Any suggestions?

Last edited by damgi; 08-09-2010 at 10:23 AM.
damgi is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #167  
Senior Member
 
Journeysend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minitonas, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 711

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default

[QUOTE=shrinkingsusie;3428034]I reached ONEderland today!!! I'm SO happy!!!!

SHRINKINGSUSIE: I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!:dance :
Journeysend is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #168  
Third time's the charm!
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 1,005

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Thanks guys!! I feel like I'm floating today!! And my fiance comes home in 19 days for his leave from Afghanistan!! He doesn't know how much I've lost!!! Life is great!!
shrinkingsusie is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #169  
Senior Member 2/12/2010
 
HopefulTricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 420

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Thanks guys!! I feel like I'm floating today!! And my fiance comes home in 19 days for his leave from Afghanistan!! He doesn't know how much I've lost!!! Life is great!!
Just posted totals for lbs lost thusfar at the 20 lb challenge board. You are one of the 5 that will meet the challenge any time now!!(Loss of 15-19 lbs) Congratulations on the onederland too shrinkingsusie. Doesn't it just feel GREAT??
For those of you not doing the challenge Melissa is doing for us. 21 people have lost 10lbs or more-- 2 have already met the 20 lb loss. We are a collective weight loss miracle...take a look at the 20 lb challenge board and next time there is one, join in!

Rode my bike 4 miles this morning after not being on it in forever. Felt good-- total of 127.3 miles ridden since I bought this new bike last fall. Note to self: Need to ride it every day.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 08-09-2010 at 11:22 AM.
HopefulTricia is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #170  
Getting it Done!
 
Rocky Monarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 360

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
What about salsa? I attempted a boring chili last night with lean ground beef, chili powder, green peppers and zucchini. ... Any suggestions?
You're allowed unlimited hot peppers...my DH makes salsa by mincing very fine a combo of every hot pepper we can find (usually ancho,pasillo, anaheim, habenero, jalepeno, or some combination). Then mince in lots of cilantro and some red onion. Add lime juice and salt and nummy! If it's too hot, you can add a bit of cucumber, but we usually control it by using more of the milder peppers. We eat this on top of lots of veggie items, and on eggs too. [be VERY VERY careful to scrub your hands at LEAST twice with dish soap or something powerful after chopping is done or you can do some serious damage to your eyes or other sensitive parts from the pepper oil--and DON'T eat the seeds unless you are a hot food maniac ]
Rocky Monarch is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #171  
The Dress
 
Coastalcrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 406

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Thanks guys!! I feel like I'm floating today!! And my fiance comes home in 19 days for his leave from Afghanistan!! He doesn't know how much I've lost!!! Life is great!!

Oh Honey I am Doubly( is that a word??) happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:br avo::cel ebrate:
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( did you hear me from RI?)

Congrats to the rest of you too.. and Carla, you are so organized!! A woman after my heart!!!!!

Today I went in for week 4 weigh in.. ok I am still in Ketosis, no cheats. and lost only .8 on THEIR scale BUT 4 MORE inches!!!!!!! woo HOO!

I lost 1 whole inch off each thigh and another 1/2" off each under arm "wing".. God Bless that SHAKE WEIGHT!!!!!!!

I love you all and couldn't do this without your support!! Sunday's are my hardest day.. I am tired and want to EAT CARBS just for the sake of eating!! But I "talk" to you all and read all your struggles and successes and that carries me to my weigh in monday morning without cheating!!!!

I know this sounds corny but (((GROUP HUG)))
Coastalcrafter is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #172  
Senior Member
 
Vicjul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 233

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I reached ONEderland today!!! I'm SO happy!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!
Vicjul is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #173  
Senior Member
 
mamaerinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 694

Height: 5'8"

Default

Susie

Congrats!!
mamaerinb is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #174  
Started IP March 1, 2010
 
WyoSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sundance, Wy.
Posts: 319

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Default

So excited for you Susie!!!!
WyoSun is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #175  
Senior Member
 
elle12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 137

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Default

NSV ---- I bought some new work clothes over the weekend.

I have gone from a 22W to a 16W and can actually buy shirts in the Regular section of the store-XL or L.

This will be a great week wearing clothes that actually fit and are not baggy.
elle12 is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #176  
The Dress
 
Coastalcrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 406

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
NSV ---- I bought some new work clothes over the weekend.

I have gone from a 22W to a 16W and can actually buy shirts in the Regular section of the store-XL or L.

This will be a great week wearing clothes that actually fit and are not baggy.
OH How exciting!!!!!!
In slacks I went from the 22/24W's to 18W's.. OH HOW I LOOK FORWARD TO 16W Petites!
Coastalcrafter is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #177  
Senior Member
 
doxigirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 260

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I reached ONEderland today!!! I'm SO happy!!!!
What an awesome accomplishment. I think you actually have to have experienced this to totally appreciate it. Keep up the good work!

mpeterson: I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

NSV: I cooked dinner for 12 people yesterday and pulled it off completely cheat free!!! It really was a challenge though.

Last edited by doxigirl; 08-09-2010 at 12:06 PM.
doxigirl is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #178  
mepeterson
 
mepeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 345

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Default

Congrats to everyone on such amazing losses this week. Also congrats on some great NSV!!!!
I probably will not post much this week as I am preping for surgery but I will try to keep up.
Have an SCENTsational Week!!!
mepeterson is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #179  
Senior Member
 
Vicjul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 233

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Default

Today I finally tried the Chili and I have to say it was really good. I just though I would share that with you in case you were skeptical like I was
Vicjul is offline  
Old 08-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #180  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010
 
WannabeIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 389

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
nsv alert,

back fat rolls are GONE.
Whooop whoop, I think after I had my son all my left over baby tummy migrated to my back, way yucky!!!! That is great and I got the powersculpt dvd .... love it!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I reached ONEderland today!!! I'm SO happy!!!!
HOORAYYYYYY!!!!!! Good job girl, your hubby is gonna walk right past you at his homecoming, not even recognize you.... I am so happy for you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
You're allowed unlimited hot peppers...my DH makes salsa by mincing very fine a combo of every hot pepper we can find (usually ancho,pasillo, anaheim, habenero, jalepeno, or some combination). Then mince in lots of cilantro and some red onion. Add lime juice and salt and nummy! If it's too hot, you can add a bit of cucumber, but we usually control it by using more of the milder peppers. We eat this on top of lots of veggie items, and on eggs too. [be VERY VERY careful to scrub your hands at LEAST twice with dish soap or something powerful after chopping is done or you can do some serious damage to your eyes or other sensitive parts from the pepper oil--and DON'T eat the seeds unless you are a hot food maniac ]
I am soo gonna try this.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Oh Honey I am Doubly( is that a word??) happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:br avo::cel ebrate:
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( did you hear me from RI?)

Congrats to the rest of you too.. and Carla, you are so organized!! A woman after my heart!!!!!

Today I went in for week 4 weigh in.. ok I am still in Ketosis, no cheats. and lost only .8 on THEIR scale BUT 4 MORE inches!!!!!!! woo HOO!

I lost 1 whole inch off each thigh and another 1/2" off each under arm "wing".. God Bless that SHAKE WEIGHT!!!!!!!

I love you all and couldn't do this without your support!! Sunday's are my hardest day.. I am tired and want to EAT CARBS just for the sake of eating!! But I "talk" to you all and read all your struggles and successes and that carries me to my weigh in monday morning without cheating!!!!

I know this sounds corny but (((GROUP HUG)))
4 inches is really good, I always like to see more inch lose than weight, cause you can feel it in your cloths, perfect!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
NSV ---- I bought some new work clothes over the weekend.

I have gone from a 22W to a 16W and can actually buy shirts in the Regular section of the store-XL or L.

This will be a great week wearing clothes that actually fit and are not baggy.
Just wait those new things will be too big in no time!
WannabeIP is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ip Weekly Chat August 1st to the 7th 2010 deinekatze Ideal Protein Diet 496 08-07-2010 07:14 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.