Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #106  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
...well I woke up this morning feeling like crap... run down and achy body...
I wish I had something really cheerful or consoling to say because you've given so much good advice and attention to others. Would saying it's all in your head[cold] help? Well, no, I guess not. I sure hope it's the thought that counts, though.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #107  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I wish I had something really cheerful or consoling to say because you've given so much good advice and attention to others. Would saying it's all in your head[cold] help? Well, no, I guess not. I sure hope it's the thought that counts, though.
HAHAHAHA yes it counts Thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

Need to go to the store and can't tear myself away from this board. LOL. Does anyone mind if I ask a cellulite question? Just curious if any of you had cellulite prior to losing weight and if you've noticed any reduction in it since being on this diet. A lot of you girls are young and may not have experienced the horrors of it yet. I'm in my 50s and my legs are really looking gross. Hoping cellulite reduction might be a pleasant side benefit from this diet...but maybe I'm looking for too much. My sister's seems to have improved, but she started out in better shape than what I am.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #109  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2swim View Post
Need to go to the store and can't tear myself away from this board. LOL. Does anyone mind if I ask a cellulite question? Just curious if any of you had cellulite prior to losing weight and if you've noticed any reduction in it since being on this diet. A lot of you girls are young and may not have experienced the horrors of it yet. I'm in my 50s and my legs are really looking gross. Hoping cellulite reduction might be a pleasant side benefit from this diet...but maybe I'm looking for too much. My sister's seems to have improved, but she started out in better shape than what I am.
It is supposed to help with Cellulite as well as it is burning your fat as an energy resource... just be patient!

"Our protocol not only ensures weight loss, but also stabilization of blood sugar levels and other obesity related issues. Ideal protein products also support cellulite reduction, skin revitalization and can be used as food supplements"

THE IDEAL PROTEIN WEIGHT LOSS METHOD

The Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method is a quick and healthy protocol with proven, long-lasting results. Our gourmet protein foods contain highly assimilable, high-biological value protein isolates combined with essential amino acids and are complemented with supplements and mineral salts.

* Lose 3 to 7 lbs. per Week
* Primarily Promotes Fat Loss
* Helps to Maintain Muscle Mass
* Tones & Revitalizes Skin
* Supports Cellulite Reduction <----there it is!
* Promotes Vitality & Energy
* Naturally Suppresses Appetite
* Re-establishes Pancreatic Function (Insulin)

Last edited by deinekatze; 08-08-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #110  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

OK!! So, caught up on the old posts in my last comments. NOW, on to today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Holy Shmoly...guess what.

I totally wore a size 10 pencil skirt to church today! ...
Take that horrible week! Even without losing an ounce this week, I'm still in a size 10! WOOOOOOOO!!!!
I am so HAPPY for you! I know you needed that moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
...well I woke up this morning feeling like crap... run down and achy body...had an AWFUL carb loaded weekend ...and top it with hormones? ahhh the joys of womanhood... Woke up CRYING! how about THAT? yeah, had a bad dream and then woke up and remembered and started sobbing! Head cold too... ugh... so not feeling well.

Well tomorrow starts another week and I am on track today so lets hope I can turn this around cause LORD it SUCKS!
I am so sorry! Today sounds unpleasant. I would say go back to bed but, that is where it all started. Maybe go out get some sunshine??? I really hope you feel well and better soon.

Quote:
Hi, everyone. From the little bit of reading I've done here, you are all such an inspiration. I'm new to this site and am going to be starting the IP diet this week. I have my first appointment set up at a health and wellness center for tomorrow night. My sister has been on this diet for 3 months and has lost 40 lbs. Her daughter has been on it for 2 weeks and has lost 13 lbs. I'm sold and can't wait to start. I have a lot of weight to lose...I think around 60 lbs. Seems daunting right now and I'm a little nervous, but am excited to start this journey and am hoping it really will be my last diet.
I lost over 80 pounds so far on the program. To see others great results, check out the progress photos conversations. You will be amazed at how much we change!

Quote:
I am 41 and had major cottage cheese legs. YES!! It is almost gone! I have a small amount left on my fanny and on my thighs at the back near the saddlebag zone. Otherwise, BYE BYE! I even lost the cellulite that was starting to show on my arms and tummy. I am very please with how that has been effected by the diet.

Well, if anyone is wondering where I am the rest of the day, I will be cleaning out and painting my office! Not my greatest joy but it needs attention. I will try and get online once in awhile but, if not. Everyone have a great Sunday and keep those encouraging NSVs coming our way!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-08-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #111  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

I am so sorry! Today sounds unpleasant. I would say go back to bed but, that is where it all started. Maybe go out get some sunshine??? I really hope you feel well and better soon.
Thank you, the gym did help (I know, who knew right? hahahaha) but still feeling run down. I will live though. Heading out to watch The Other Guys soon and that should be fun.

NSV... well my Maid Of Honor (who had the emergency call the night of our rehearsal dinner and could not fulfill her duties as she had to leave town immediately) saw me again for the first time in 2 months and was kind enough to say "wow girl, you look great!"

YEY it's noticeable!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #112  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hi, everyone. From the little bit of reading I've done here, you are all such an inspiration. I'm new to this site and am going to be starting the IP diet this week. I have my first appointment set up at a health and wellness center for tomorrow night. My sister has been on this diet for 3 months and has lost 40 lbs. Her daughter has been on it for 2 weeks and has lost 13 lbs. I'm sold and can't wait to start. I have a lot of weight to lose...I think around 60 lbs. Seems daunting right now and I'm a little nervous, but am excited to start this journey and am hoping it really will be my last diet.
Welcome lovestoswim. Seems like yesterday I was right where you are now. If you are like us, you will love this diet. Follow the rules, including the olive oil, salt, veggies and water, especially in the beginning and it will all be good. And, when you feel like you need a cheat, cheat with IP food. It works! Keeps you on track and in ketosis. We have lots of motivation and inspiration and knowledge so take advantage of us. I remember feeling like there was so much I didn't know including whether I could have success on IP-- I'd been around the block with diets and was totally addicted to sugar and/or carbs. The best advice is to take it one day at a time. Otherwise it is too overwhelming... You will succeed!
Old 08-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #113  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Welcome lovestoswim....

I was in your spot a short 9 weeks ago and was thinking this morning, "where would I have been now if I had not started IP?" I decided that the 9 weeks would have gone by anyway and I would have been feeling about myself like I did back then, unhappy. Instead I wake up feeling like I have something to look forward to and thanking a friend for turning me onto this program...

Good luck...it truthfully works.

Marilyn
Old 08-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #114  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Oh, yes, finally getting to the end of Mango season...thank goodness...my two 60 ft trees had a bumper crop this year and my freezers are filled with peeled chopped mango's....can't believe I actually got thru this without even one bite!!! Thank you IP for taking away my cravings!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
Welcome lovestoswim....

I was in your spot a short 9 weeks ago and was thinking this morning, "where would I have been now if I had not started IP?" I decided that the 9 weeks would have gone by anyway and I would have been feeling about myself like I did back then, unhappy. Instead I wake up feeling like I have something to look forward to and thanking a friend for turning me onto this program...

Good luck...it truthfully works.

Marilyn
Thanks for the encouraging words, Tricia and Marilyn. I'm feeling excited and a little overwhelmed. Reading on here makes me wonder if I'll ever understand what I'm supposed to be eating and when. Can't wait to be where you are today.

Last edited by loves2swim; 08-08-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Wow, so much to catch up on! Welcome to all of the new folks. It gets easier after the first 4 days. Congratulations to everyone for their NSV's. Went camping for 4 days. Stayed on track the whole time. I know I'm still pretty new (closing in on week 3) but it seemed pretty easy to do. Hope this keeps up. Weighed myself when I got back....definitely down and actually looking forward to the weigh-in on Tuesday as opposed to dreading it.

Last edited by lilblackdress; 08-08-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #117  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnDear View Post
Instead of the breakfast bars for a quick breakfast, I boil 6 eggs to make deviled eggs. I throw out the yokes, and fill the eggs with fat free rocotta cheese, and mustard with spices.

And I know that I will get to the target weight, But this time I am not hungry getting there.
Thanks for this idea. My DH is in Phase III (while I am still in Phase I--dang men!) and this will be a great breakfast for him--and I can crumble the yolks on his lunch salad! And thanks too, to whoever did the research and pointed out the better "numbers" in Frigo cheese--I will be sure to get that brand. Funny how the same "product" can vary so widely!

You've got such a great mind set, thanks for sharing your determination!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
My other choice would've been a picture of my dachshund, but there's one of those on here already!
I don't think there are ever too many dachshunds...my sister's new roomie has 2 minis and I cannot WAIT to meet them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Also can we have fresh tomatoes daily on our salads?? They are in season and sooo good! Thanks in advance!!
I feel the same way about tomatoes. I buy one pint of cherries (or 1-2 regular) at the beginning of the week and ration them out over 7 days. The others are headed for canning so I can have them in small portions over the winter. My DH has developed a recipe for chili that uses only one week's portion of tomatoes, black soy beans, etc. I'll get him to write it down so I can post it in recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
I totally wore a size 10 pencil skirt to church today! That's right- size 10. Take that horrible week!
Congrats! This is great for all of us to remember that it's still all about the long term process and you are doing SO GREAT at kicking this plan's rear end! (literally!!)
Old 08-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Feeling like crap today, summer head cold YUK...body NOT liking the Chinese food i had last nite....toooooo many carbs, good thing tomorrow is Monday so I can start fresh!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #119  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

here's an idea...I wonder if we should start a sticky called something like "Using the IP Forum: Start here for all the "how-tos". We could put in there things like
--weight ticker
--posting photos
--responding /multiquotes
--exceeding 500 messages
--what/where are all the past chats for people who want to read them
--etc.
I know when I first started I had a lot of "technical" issues and would have liked this. What do others think?
Old 08-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #120  
aka, Rosie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
here's an idea...I wonder if we should start a sticky called something like "Using the IP Forum: Start here for all the "how-tos". We could put in there things like
--weight ticker
--posting photos
--responding /multiquotes
--exceeding 500 messages
--what/where are all the past chats for people who want to read them
--etc.
I know when I first started I had a lot of "technical" issues and would have liked this. What do others think?
I have often thought the same thing. It could have links to the main forum page that has all the answers (well except for the part about needing to be registered for 21 days and having posted 20 post to obtain you signature and PM priviledges). They could also include it in the welcome email you receive when you register. It could even be a closed sticky so it wouldn't get too full.
Rosie
Closed Thread