3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ip Weekly Chat August 1st to the 7th 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/208739-ip-weekly-chat-august-1st-7th-2010-a.html)

Soon 2 B MrsT 08-05-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xanthia (Post 3422102)
Do you know why I gained most of my weight and couldn't lose it? STRESS. That is exactly what is happening to you. It isn't you doing anything wrong, it is your body in turmoil from STRESS. I was eating healthy, exercising, and completely mental from work and home stress.

*hugggs*

I'm soo sorry you had a bad WI. Do you have any "me" time you can schedule? A walk ALONE, some time to read a good book in the bathtub? Are you getting enough sleep? Can you take 10 minutes when you get up to mediate or pray (I don't know if you are religious).

The GOOD news is you didn't gain. This means that if you can find a bit more balance, you might break that 3lb cycle next week! You are doing SO well, so don't give up even if you are tempted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter (Post 3422103)
Oh honey- don't be upset.. when you are stressed your body produces cortisol ( my endocrinologist told me this) and your body HOLDS on to everything.. IT WILL PASS... hang in there...you are beautiful, kind, loving, and do not need to beat yourself up over this "minor thing"..
Focus on your wedding not the weight loss right now, but continue not to cheat.. you'll have a good drop in weight soon!! I PROMISE!!

sending you my guardian angel to comfort you. :angel:
hugs, ~Ro~

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopefulTricia (Post 3422127)
Look at my numbers almost Mrs. T.-- First 6 wks I had those 333s for four weeks just like you. Then the next 6 wks I lost a total of 7 LBS. thank goodness I just kept going. I wasn't cheating and I was completely frustrated and confused. For ALL other diets I would have given up. BUT look what happened in the next 12 weeks-- 25 lbs lost. SO, you need to find the courage to just soldier on... you have a BIG day coming and I promise if you just keep going one day at a time, you will have the results you are dreaming of! AND we are all different so it's likely that you won't have the long long 6 weeks I had. My personal theory?? Your body needs time to adjust to all the changes. At 6 weeks or so, it realizes you are serious and that no carbs are coming any time soon. Change is hard and takes time. But it will be so worth it! Keep smiling AND definitely find something to laugh about. My fiance kept me laughing about my crazy family. The maid of honor nearly drove me insane-(my older sister). But there's always some humor in the worst of situations...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3422146)
soon2be

don't cry:( and don't stress, i hit a plateau at 6 weeks where i didn't lose for 2 weeks. it was very frustrating but i ended up having a 4 lb loss after that. your average is what you whould focus on and remember, the smaller you get-the less likely it is that you'll lose 3+ lbs a week. i truly believe those posters boasting 3-4 lb losses weekly are for people in the 200-300's. the littler you are, the less to lose and you look FABULOUS by the way, keep on trucking. you'll make it through this!:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitenic (Post 3422437)
Awww, I'm so sorry to hear this! I agree with others that it sounds like stress is the culprit. I bet you have an awesome loss next week that will make up for it. I still consider you a poster child for success and consistency. :hug:

p.s. I kept checking for your weigh-in post yesterday and this morning. Gotta look out for my ATX chicks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyoSun (Post 3422919)
soon2b....So sorry you are feeling bad. I agree it is the stress. You'll be so glad you stuck to the program.....

You guys are so great! I've done some personal inventory type stuff today as a result of the big goose egg on the scale this morning. Ya'll will also be happy to know that I scheduled a massage in downtown for tomorrow morning. :)

Thank you so much for your sweet encouragements to me. Each of you is truly a blessing and I am so honored to walk through this journey with each of you. This week was just a bump in the road. Yeah it stinks, but that's life. I've got to put my big girl panties on a deal with it. :)

Frita 08-05-2010 10:30 PM

14 weeks on IP and....

Well I had WI #14 last night and I was in shock - I lost 8 pounds!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: I kept saying are you sure your scale is right!!!! This brings me to a total of 52 1/2 pounds and 23 inches lost.

I have no clue what i did last week, but i am definately hoping for another good week this week - I have been working 15 to 17 hours a day, with my full time job and my husband's business, so I am shocked with these numbers!!!!

You all have been such great help with this weight loss journey, i dont' always have access to the computer but i try to catch up on the post, and post when I can.

You all look AWESOME!!!

Emma Jayne 08-05-2010 10:32 PM

mmmmm.......

Orange Pancake spread with WF Strawberry Jam....rolled up and eaten like a 'burrito'.......the bestest night time snack ever !!

Have a good night everyone !
Cheers

Emma Jayne 08-05-2010 10:35 PM

[QUOTE=Frita;3423102]Well I had WI #14 last night and I was in shock - I lost 8 pounds!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: I kept saying are you sure your scale is right!!!! This brings me to a total of 52 1/2 pounds and 23 inches lost.

Ha ha - I can totally relate - last week I was down 7.4 and couldn't hardly believe it either !! It was real and I have been enjoying it all the rest of this week - I hope you do the same !! Cheers to you ! :cheer2:

nitenic 08-05-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3423041)
ehhhhm...hello. the numbers on my ticker have changed :)

I am tickled very much by this; even though currently all toes on both my feet are cramped due to squats.

Go Ellie!!! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph26 (Post 3423058)
Thanks! I am a little worried though. I started my second week...and my period on Monday. Not only have I not lost, but I think I have gained 2 pounds. Does this happen to anyone else? Do you just expect not to lose when you're on your period? I was so pumped after week one, but now I'm a little discouraged.

Advice??

In my 3 months on IP, I've gone up 4 lbs during my period. It usually went away before my weigh in though. It still puts me in a bit of a tailspin so I look forward to reading others' responses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frita (Post 3423102)
Well I had WI #14 last night and I was in shock - I lost 8 pounds!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: I kept saying are you sure your scale is right!!!! This brings me to a total of 52 1/2 pounds and 23 inches lost.

I have no clue what i did last week, but i am definately hoping for another good week this week - I have been working 15 to 17 hours a day, with my full time job and my husband's business, so I am shocked with these numbers!!!!

You all have been such great help with this weight loss journey, i dont' always have access to the computer but i try to catch up on the post, and post when I can.

You all look AWESOME!!!

WOW-ZA!!!! That is PHENOMENAL! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sqklein 08-05-2010 10:39 PM

Fatty coating feeling on tongue and inside mouth

Hello - I have this coating like cold lard feeling on my tongue and inside my mouth. I ordered ready made vanilla shake from New Lifestyle because there was no IP available. But even before that I had this fatty coating feeling. I compared the two and they tasted exactly the same,.. So perhaps they made a error in the manufacturing plant, with both and my mouth has felt this way since then. Or I have been to New Orleans and eaten shrimp and crawfish.. so maybe there is oil in the seafood.... just kidding, cause still have the feeling. Does anyone else have this feeling in their mouth?

dawn5419 08-05-2010 10:45 PM

Scale is not my friend lately but I'll wait to see what inches look like next weigh in.... Why is it that when your so close to a new # it takes so long to get there? :shrug: I'm about to hit the 30's and I swear the scale is just taunting me! :chin: :tantrum:

I ordered a little Lindora product to try it and try to save some $... They had the ready made drinks! I tried Vanilla Pudding/ Vanilla RMD's/ Cherry Jello/ Pancakes/ Choc Pudding (Drinks) and Hot Chocolate & Soynuts. And I remember reading posts that say it took FOREVER to get their order.. I ordered last Saturday and got it today so no complaints here.

Has anyone tried some of the soups?

Have a good week everyone... so many posts it's so hard to keep up w/ everyone!

On a side note, i finally got my promotion at work!! So excited about my new leadership role! :hat::cp::dancer:

6710 08-05-2010 11:35 PM

Hi all,
Every week I tell myself I am going to post daily to everyone, well my plan isn't working. So I thought I would just do a quickie post.

Erin, Carla, and Kelsey - Great pics, thanks for sharing.
Kelsey - I'm praying you get the job.
To everyone with losses - C~O~N~G~R~A~T~U~L~A~T~I~O~N~S!!!
To everyone struggling - Hang in there, your efforts will pay off, just relax and stay with protocol, you will be happy you did.
To all the newbies- Welcome on board!
To all the beyond phase 1ers - Thank you for sharing your wisdom and sticking around and helping us that are on the phase 1 journey.
Melissa P - Prayers are with you on your surgery.
Rosie

mamaerinb 08-05-2010 11:37 PM

congrats on the promotion dawn and great job frita! send some of that 8 lb loss dust my way!:lol:

dietfrenzy 08-05-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3422998)
Actually, there is such a thing. Google water intoxication (or water poisoning). Doesn't at all apply in netnik's case.

My rule of thumb is to drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water, Add an additional 4 ounces for every 15 minutes of exercise.

makeitmatter 08-06-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitenic (Post 3421864)
[B]
So I'm giving blood today at 2. I REALLY hope they don't make me eat or drink anything crazy (ok, I should really say CARBY) afterwards cuz my weigh in is not until 4:30. :mad:

Nitenic great job on giving of yourself (literally :D)! Even though you weren't able to donate blood today, you still made the effort and took the time to help others - which is what counts. When I donate platelets I bring along a container of veggies to eat afterwards and a shake to drink during the donation (as trima takes longer than whole blood donations). My blood bank doesn't have a problem with me bringing my own food, I'd suggest next time you bring along something to eat (especially if your blood bank is like mine: filled with cookies, donuts, candy, juices... Yes, I know why they're pedaling the sugar/high carb stuff - passing out after donating isn't something you wanna do). Anyways, even though you live far, far, far from me, I thank you for giving to your community. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3418508)
I changed my goal from a 40 pound loss to a 50 pound loss, based on trying to achieve a 22 BMI. I did it when I realized that I actually COULD do it... that is was no longer something out of my reach. I thought I'd be fine with just getting back to a familiar weight, at which I had done several marathons (which was, coincidentally, 142) but when I got close, I knew I could do better and feel better. It was a little intimidating in a way, but I went for it and I'm glad I did. It was during that final 10-15 pound loss that my body shape and clothing size changed the most. It was during that last month that there was no question in people's minds what was different about me... it wasn't just a new hairstyle!

At any rate, I am glad I went for the 22 BMI. For you, that would be around 125. My sister is 5' 4", and she was going for 125 to build in a buffer, and actually is at 123 entering Phase 4. I also believe that your body will try to find a set point when you get close to where you should be...

And by the way, thanks for marathon chat last week. I was inspired to get out on the weekend, and included about 50% jog time during my 6.5 miles on Sunday. Not sayin' I'll do a marathon again, but it was remarkably easy for me, carrying so much less weight... knees felt great, no huffing and puffing... almost like it used to be when I was training! :D

Thanks Novak. :) Working towards a healthy BMI is a good goal to now focus on. (anyone know why the variation in BMI ranges?) I've also decided to commit to the MCM 2011!!! Yeehaw!!! This will definitely be a challenge, but one I want and feel capable of. The other day I ordered cold weather running tights and an outer shell (which I hope arrive quickly as I'm already running in mittens:(). My goal/hope is to run outside for as long as possible before the weather turns too cold/snowy/icy (I despise winter, but running indoors on a treadmill is not my idea of fun).

Novak, did I read your post correctly? You use to run marathons and half marathons when you were overweight, but now that you're Miss Skinny Minnie you don't run? Heck girl, even if you aren't running long distances, you need to hit the pavement just to show off your hot body! You could get one of those running skorts and look real girly - girly. Just think of all of the jealous looks you'd get. Put on those runners and get out the door Novak!

showgirlaz 08-06-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3422595)
AHA! The cropping step was lost on me the first time. I was struggling to get from, "I think I'll take a picture of my booty," to "Wait a minute! That's not my butt, it's my face! How'd that happen?" :?:

(If the booty shot had turned out, you weren't planning to use it as your avatar, were you?) ;)

ROFL... too funny. No, Unless I have a booty like Erin's it isn't going to be published as my avatar! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3422658)
Carla!.. way to go, girl... your pics are fabulous...

hugs :hug:

Thanks! I still look and think "that's ME! I am doing that!!!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepeterson (Post 3422751)
Carla,
I could not figure out how to pull your comment out of your post so the answer to your question is that no my surgery should not affect my typing however I will be out of it for a day or so. I may only be ready not sure how much posting I will do, it depends on how I feel. Thanks
BTW I cannot get over how amazing you look. Way to go!!!

Good! I hope you can at least keep reading. We will try to keep your spirits up! Thanks again for the compliment. I really do appreciate them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3422788)
i ralized after i got out of the shower that i'm starting to get definition in my tummy and i am thrilled. i've never had anything but rolls.

You really look FABULOUS, Dahling! :) I can only hope to look as good as you do. NO ONE would look at you and think you have had 2 babies in the past 4 years!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitenic (Post 3422818)
If your coach told you that using a Lindora ready made shake and 2 IP products was the equivalent of being on phase 2, ..... what would you do? Oh and she doesn't understand how you can drink 6 bottles of water throughout the day because that's "too much".

REALLY??? She said that? Obviously she doesn't know the details of lindora are like the old IP rtd shakes. That would mean that anyone who regularly used the IP shakes was essentially on phase 2??? NOPE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3422823)
well interesting scenerio. I personally would probably "coach" them in being able to pump a bit more ATP to their small brain cells at a time, before speaking that is; but that is just me.

ROFLMAO... :rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3422844)

Not in love with the interview. Will just wait and see now.

Carla, you look amazing!!!

Sorry you weren't in love with the interview. :hug: You looked GREAT! Thanks for the compliment.

I look at everyone's pictures and I think we are all a very handsome/beautiful crowd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter (Post 3422861)

yes you do Carla- gives me hope that in 4 months there will be a BIG difference in ME!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot:

OH YES!! Definitely, measure and take pictures. You will be STUNNED by the amount of change you go through in 16 weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxigirl (Post 3422872)

Carla: I don't even have words... what an inspiration! I can only pray for such an awesome transformation! How liberating is that? I know you must feel like you could do anything. No holding back now girl.

Thank you, Doxi! It is a bit liberating. Unfortunately, It is still hard for me to see myself as the girl in the pictures. In my mind, I am still me and that person never looked like EITHER picture! :) (and, with that comment, I am feeling a bit like Sybil! :dizzy:) I am still trying to adjust. I have a picture of myself in high school and my face is actually thinner now than it was then. Strange!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter (Post 3422879)
My coach said yellow squash is allowed(is that called summer squash?) what 's not allowed is spagetti squash she said... I've been eating yellow squash/zuchinni/mushrooms cooked together daily as my 2 cups veggies! :yikes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3422891)
Linden, thanks, glad you posted this... one of my friends gave me some yellow crookneck squash & I was trying to decide whether or not to eat it... I think now I'll just slice it very thin & freeze it & save it for Phase 4...

hugs :hug:

I have been allowed yellow zuchinni, yellow summer squash, and yellow crooked neck squash since the beginning. I was told, there are too many veggies to put on the protocol sheet and, if it is equivalent enough to the other veggies and has a similar glycemic index/load, it is ok. I used it several times a week during the first 10 weeks and lost 40 pounds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter (Post 3422907)
Carla, I had to look at your photos again and again- wow!!! It really gives me great inspiration.. I was a Misses size 20/22 pants and a16/18 top.. Just with a 12 pound loss I am in Misses 18 pants and 12/14 top.. My goal is size 8 with 77 more pounds to go...I will be super thrilled to get under 200 pounds right now!
Girl, you re-invented yourself and I want to do the same!!!

YOU WILL! Stay to the program. Don't doubt it or doubt yourself along the way. Stay focused on the little goals. I never looked at more than 10 or 15 pounds at a time and as it slowed down 5 pounds. I put this on over years! I can afford to take it off over 1 or 2 if I must. I prefer faster but, not as much as I prefer the fat be gone! :) Having the little goals keeps it manageable and moving. As Jordanna once said, "I can't lose 120 pounds but, I can lose 10 pounds 12 times."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey41 (Post 3422971)
Melissa and Carla you both look amazing!!!!

Thanks Stacey!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3423041)
ehhhhm...hello. the numbers on my ticker have changed :)

I am tickled very much by this; even though currently all toes on both my feet are cramped due to squats.

:carrot: So happy for you!! WOO HOOO! 125 here you come!

Quote:

Thanks! I am a little worried though. I started my second week...and my period on Monday. Not only have I not lost, but I think I have gained 2 pounds. Does this happen to anyone else? Do you just expect not to lose when you're on your period? I was so pumped after week one, but now I'm a little discouraged.

Advice??

Not to worry! I gain 7 to 9 pounds that week and it always comes off plus a few! I just don't weigh the week TOM. I used to but it is pointless and I don't need the added stress or frustration. I know I gain like crazy and then it drops off. I just keep doing the program every day/week. For me, I only lose 3 weeks of the month. So, I weigh those weeks then check my monthly average. It works just fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frita (Post 3423102)

You all look AWESOME!!!

That is fantastic!! You must feel so elated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn5419 (Post 3423126)
Scale is not my friend lately but I'll wait to see what inches look like next weigh in.... Why is it that when your so close to a new # it takes so long to get there? :shrug: I'm about to hit the 30's and I swear the scale is just taunting me! :chin: :tantrum:

On a side note, i finally got my promotion at work!! So excited about my new leadership role! :hat::cp::dancer:

Congratulations on the promotion! Great news!

Yeah, the scale does that to all of us at some point. Don't worry about it. When you least expect it you will break through! :)

Rocky Monarch 08-06-2010 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3422844)
Not in love with the interview. Will just wait and see now. [/B]

You look SMASHING! (and did you take the martini glasses to the interview? because in that case you've got it cinched!):D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter (Post 3422879)
My coach said yellow squash is allowed(is that called summer squash?)

my coach also said it's allowed--assuming we are talking about the thing that looks exactly like a zuchinni except it is yellow. That is not the same as crook necks or a lot of others--the numbers are identical to zuchinni, I think--I remember looking this up once before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sqklein (Post 3423115)
Hello - I have this coating like cold lard feeling on my tongue and inside my mouth. Does anyone else have this feeling in their mouth?

I went through a couple of months with a weirdly coated tongue thing. Coincidentally, I had an appointment for a dental cleaning during this time. My dentist took a look at it, and had me come back a month later to look at it again (by which time it was fading). He said it can often happen to people during a significant change in eating habits. Mine was all patchy, he called it "geographic tongue" which I thought was a nice way of saying it. You could try rinsing with lemon water (but rinse with water after, you don't want to leave it on your teeth):?: and be sure you brush your tongue when you brush your teeth.

Amazing work this week. Carla's and Erin's photos are AWE INSPIRING. Proves that women can be trim and still curvy! Lots of successes this week, but also a few "downers"...so sorry to those who are struggling.

I have not had a weigh in since 7/20 (been on the road) and I don't own a scale. Now my coach is gone till next Thursday. I hope I am not headed for bad news, and the suspense is killing me...

doxigirl 08-06-2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Advice??

Steph - TOM is our diet enemy! Please take a look at the Progress photos thread when you get discouraged. Remember that we are all struggling through the same trials and tribulations and we can ALL be successful if we stick together. Read, read and read again. Your fellow IP'ers are full of tips, information and encouragement. :hug: You will get there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn5419 (Post 3423126)

That scale definitely taunts us! Congrats on the promotion!

Novak 08-06-2010 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makeitmatter (Post 3423228)
Thanks Novak. :) The other day I ordered cold weather running tights and an outer shell (which I hope arrive quickly as I'm already running in mittens:().

Where do you live?? We've hardly had a day all summer that wasn't over 90 degrees and humid. It's been miserable for getting outside to exercise... :hot:

Glad to hear you're signing up for the MCM next year! You'll have to keep me up to date with your training status!

Quote:

Originally Posted by makeitmatter (Post 3423228)
Novak, did I read your post correctly? You use to run marathons and half marathons when you were overweight, but now that you're Miss Skinny Minnie you don't run?

Are you saying that doesn't make sense? :?:

To be honest, it's only been the last few years that my weight shot up. During my marathon days, I was much lighter, and certainly more fit. :lifter:

I'm not a good hot weather runner, particularly when I'm just getting started again. Last weekend was the first stretch of consecutive nice days we've had in a long time, so I did get out. I think we might have a couple decent mornings coming up this weekend, so I'm hoping for a repeat performance. :)

Thanks for the :kickbutt: