3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ip Weekly Chat August 1st to the 7th 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/208739-ip-weekly-chat-august-1st-7th-2010-a.html)

mamaerinb 08-04-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siouxzy7 (Post 3421283)
Hi everyone!
I'm new here! I've enjoyed reading through the posts, what a great community.
I'm only in the start of week 2, but I'm SO HUNGRY much of the time. I don't have cravings, I'm just hungry! I did get some extra snacks in week 1 and had only one of them, lost 5 pounds in week one. I'm too afraid to add extra calories but I don't know if I can stand the hunger! I'm following everyting to a tee. When does the hunger go away?

Also...I decided to ride my bike yesterday evening. I didn't ride too fast, but had to go up a hill, and afterward I got a terrible headache. It was in the top of my head, like my brain was hurting. I also just did not feel well. I don't know if I like this feeling! The headache did not last, thankfully.

Does anyone know if we can have a product called True Lemon Lemonade? It has zero sugar and less than 1g of carbs, but after I had it, I had a terrible headache again.

I hope I can stick with this! I'll keep reading your posts for encouragement so thanks everyone!

try not to exercise the first 3 or 4 weeks and stay away from artificially sweetened drinks. try bubbly water if you need something different.

are you weighing you meats and veggies. if not, you should, i was only eating about 3 oz of meat for a while until i got a scale, 5 oz is quite a bit.

also, feel free to have an extra non-restricted packet if you're hungry, the up in calories may actually be good thing for you..

make sure you drink all your water plus more, they say 64 oz a day but really, try to stick to 100.

hope that helps some. you're doing great, keep up the good work. and for headaches, don't ever be scared to take a couple of ibuprofen!

WannabeIP 08-04-2010 10:39 PM

K seriously I think I am addicted to this site... I was thinking... really do I have to make dinner, I get so far behind on the posts...... one addiction for another, emmmhhhhh , oh well at least this is good for me. Kelsey you look beautiful and your gonna kill it on your interview, boobookittty- whoop whoop another fantastic week, mama- I am glad your coach was supportive with your decision, its your last diet. I would do phase 3 for 2 weeks, I was told unless your were doing the program to get rid of cellulite it is 2 weeks, not to mention I booobedd on 3 in my first week had to go back to 1, as I didnt give myself enough time to reset and went straight to overload. Siouxzy- it will get easier (see midlifes post above), you can do it- the first couple weeks are the hardest. Welcome to all the new IPers, this program rocks!! Mpeterson- positive vibes coming your way, picture yourself recovered ....feeling great lookng all slim and sexy. Dietfrenzy- sounds like a good plan to me... sometimes ya just need a break to reaccess and regroup, you know better than anyone what you need. I hope I havent missed anyone, have a great day / night everyone, fat burning dust being sent out to all of ya....

nonnag 08-04-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3421234)
Got my hair cut today! I'm all ready. Outfit is done, hair is done, nails are done, shoes are done. Let's just get it over with already! :)

Girl, look at you...you look gorgeous! :hug::hug: You go in there tomorrow full of self-confidence. Be calm in your spirit. I will say a prayer for you tonight that God will give you favor!

Nonna G

mamaerinb 08-04-2010 10:42 PM

new before and after pic in my profile pic on my page:D

wow.

pitakitten 08-04-2010 11:11 PM

Kelsey: I LOVE the new hair, it is sooo sooo sophisticated! it was pretty before but this has star quality written all over it.

Erin: yay to no pizza. O.k everywhere I have read it says min of 2 weeks of phase 3. Of course this probably has not been proven scientifically but what the heck just do it. LOVE the comparison pictures. btw re breakfast for phase 3, the most enjoyable one for me is muesli/fruit/no fat yogurt/one half (yes a half) of piece of toast with almond butter on it. sounds boring but eggs etc etc just doesn't work for me.

as for me: I realized tonight that I hate my booty the most, its nice and round when covered but lumpy when naked. Will be discussing this with mr killer trainer tomorrow or should I not? scared I get more wacky things to do. Oh almost forgot, since I have refused to buy any new clothing I have had to put some of my bras aside (too big cup size) BUT I had to use the second row of closure thingys today :)

still have ways to go though, I want it all hard, not skinnier but hard. Legs have developed well, I touch them and its like touching a brick...arms not bad...tummy and behind not well.

AND thank you for the coffee comments, today I switched to decaf and wasn't the same.

mamaerinb 08-04-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitakitten (Post 3421351)
Kelsey: I LOVE the new hair, it is sooo sooo sophisticated! it was pretty before but this has star quality written all over it.

Erin: yay to no pizza. O.k everywhere I have read it says min of 2 weeks of phase 3. Of course this probably has not been proven scientifically but what the heck just do it. LOVE the comparison pictures. btw re breakfast for phase 3, the most enjoyable one for me is muesli/fruit/no fat yogurt/one half (yes a half) of piece of toast with almond butter on it. sounds boring but eggs etc etc just doesn't work for me.

as for me: I realized tonight that I hate my booty the most, its nice and round when covered but lumpy when naked. Will be discussing this with mr killer trainer tomorrow or should I not? scared I get more wacky things to do. Oh almost forgot, since I have refused to buy any new clothing I have had to put some of my bras aside (too big cup size) BUT I had to use the second row of closure thingys today :)

still have ways to go though, I want it all hard, not skinnier but hard. Legs have developed well, I touch them and its like touching a brick...arms not bad...tummy and behind not well.

AND thank you for the coffee comments, today I switched to decaf and wasn't the same.

i'll definitely try the "natural" from the sample menu(that is it right?) i just don't have time to cook big breakfasts on m,w,f since i work those days. getting myself and the kids together is hard enough. i so wish we could do the carb meal at lunch or dinner on phase 3, i've always been a protein shake kinda gal for breakfast. the weekends i normally cook a big breakfast but crap, i can't imagine doing it every day. i'm going to have to load up on phase 3 friendly breakfast food and keep it stocked in the work fridge.

please let me know what the trainer says about booty exercises. mine's gotten awfully flat. i used to be known for my bubble butt and now it's melting away and i'm kind of sad. just need to do some good work outs to perk it up i guess:)

keep up the good work, i can't wait to have brick legs;)

JessicaCourez 08-05-2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Got my hair cut today! I'm all ready. Outfit is done, hair is done, nails are done, shoes are done. Let's just get it over with already! :)

Ahhh! Melissa you look amazing!! You have to tell us how it went right away.

Erin: Great job on the NO PIZZA will power!

Bad-ish news on the WI front. One pound loss...HOWEVER...one percent of body fat (exactly) AND [brace yourselves, this is TMI] I was totally constipated and have gone TWICE since I got home from WI. I think I did better than one pound...

I'm bracing myself for houseguests, who I'm totally excited to see, but you know, sometimes I like to sit and just check 3FC. I had some house cleaners come in today and coming home was a joy, joy, joy. It's only the second time I've splurged like that, and I have to say, I see why people do it every two weeks. Heavens, it was lovely. I'm also bracing myself for having trouble eating for the next few days, so I'm preping by making eggs (so I can get quick protein if I can't eat a dinner) and easy to access veggies. Fingers crossed!

showgirlaz 08-05-2010 05:18 AM

Posted new picture for my avatar and for the profile pic. Had to take them myself. So far, no one has sent me pictures they have taken of me. :( I am going to see if a girl friend of mine will take some photos. She does photography so I think she can take some nice ones.

Have been swamped today. Will try to read and comment in the morning. I have a busy afternoon tomorrow so, that just won't work!

Quick thought from what I did read!

KELSEY! You look BEAUTIFUL! Great haircut for you. I wish you all the best and that you get what is best for you. :)

WannaBe! LMAO.... fat dust.... can I get a double scoop please! Too funny, some people have a sandman but we have a fat dust fairy!

showgirlaz 08-05-2010 05:29 AM

So, this is what I look like at 162.0 (again) and these are the new pics. I am mostly happy with my arms. Given that I have lost 6 inches from the upper arms, I am pretty content to not have sag. :) I can still see lots of room for improvement, but I will take what I have and be proud given that I am 41!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...ebjuly2010.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...a3july2010.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...a2july2010.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...ewjuly2010.jpg

Midlife Meggie 08-05-2010 05:48 AM

Carla you look phenomenal!!! But where's your before picture? For us newbies we need to know what you looked like at the beginning of your journey for comparison.

You are truly lovely. :)

Linden 08-05-2010 06:06 AM

Carla! Kelsey!

Where's the dripping-green-with-envy smiley?

And wow!

Novak 08-05-2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

Lovin' the new do!! Good luck... I know you'll do great! :hug:

(Feel free to use us all as references.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3421510)
So, this is what I look like at 162.0 (again) and these are the new pics. I am mostly happy with my arms. Given that I have lost 6 inches from the upper arms, I am pretty content to not have sag. :) I can still see lots of room for improvement, but I will take what I have and be proud given that I am 41! ]

Wowee-wow-wow!!

(I love how we all get to see each other's bathrooms!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie (Post 3421518)
Carla you look phenomenal!!! But where's your before picture? For us newbies we need to know what you looked like at the beginning of your journey for comparison.

Yep. Definitely need the before shot. :D

Coastalcrafter 08-05-2010 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommajen88 (Post 3421001)
I think it is only a cheat if it is actually hampering your weightloss. Caffeine will increase catecholamines (ie: adrenaline) in our blood. This will cause our liver to release stored glucose leading to an insulin spike. Caffeine can also lead to insulin resistance and adrenal gland burn out. It is important to note that these reactions are very individual. Some people will have a minor blip when drinking a cup of coffee whereas others will really trigger a big insulin spike.

If you are still losing weight while having your afternoon treat and your coach has no reservations, I say go for it.

wow ! thanks for the great info!! makes sense!!;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xanthia (Post 3421049)
We will be totally thinking and praying for you!! :hug: Please let us know how it went when you are able!!

Ditto here honey.. praying for you, quick recovery...hugs..:hug:

Quote:

Great Haircut Kelsey! Fits your face shape nicely!( professional opinion here) you look great! You go girl!! :)

Carla- I wish I could whistle.. woo hoo! :D You look awesome! Thanks for posting new pics and encouraging us all!!! again woo hoo!

yes I have been having an extra 1/2 bar in the morning when I rise, with glass of water, so it does help BUT I noticed I am out of ketosis 4 days now- what??? My K strips show negative in the morning.. has anyone gone out and back in Ketosis without cheating???? I am going on week #4 weigh in monday and want to good drop!!! ( nothing yet)

Coastalcrafter 08-05-2010 07:01 AM

Oh. I just found this Great article on Ketosis .. a MUST read for all...

http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips011.html

amylew 08-05-2010 07:40 AM

Kelsey, I love the new hair!

Carla, WOW! You look great!

Coastal, great article!