3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ip Weekly Chat August 1st to the 7th 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/208739-ip-weekly-chat-august-1st-7th-2010-a.html)

dietfrenzy 08-04-2010 01:30 AM

170's... i have arrived but hopefully not for long!!! :) yippeee... i can remember this weight more than 6 yrs ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3419451)
thanks carla!! i will do it once more on thursday and check to see the results tuesday morning-which i guess will be my new weigh in day. had a phase 2 day today and still only consumed a little less than 1000 calories. my workou-according to buddyslim.com-was only 130 calories burned for the 30 minutes i did. hey it's a start:) soon i will be burning 400-500 calories with some high intensity stuff!

how long should i do phase 2? should i go into phase 3 fairly soon and if so how long? i seem to remember novak saying you need phase 3 AT LEAST for 2 weeks, but i can't seem to find the post. i also seem to remember reading that phase 3 is much more important than phase 2, but again, can't dig it up!

thank you againg carla, you were one of my first inspirations on here and you continue to be such a positive and supporting friend:):hug:

what my coach instructed me is to make sure Phase 3 is exactly 2 weeks (not more and not less). Phase 2 is really up to you in terms of duration but i think 2 weeks is reasonable. For me, I am thinking of taking a mini-break from IP to recalibrate my body and my coach suggested to go to Phase 2 for 1 full week, followed by Phase 3 for 2 full weeks and then Phase 4 until I am ready to return to Phase 1 to start it all over again. goof luck.

KELSEY: Love the ;atest choice for shoes... good luck. remember these days, interviews sometimes focsu on behavior type questions, what did you do in a a particular difficult situation. how did you handle it. or they may even ask you to provide some specific examples.

have a great night! dina

Petclerk 08-04-2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3419428)
Yes! EEL Skin texture. Thanks! :hug: I'm glad you like them.

SO out of 700 people that applied, 35 are going to be interviewed (only 2 of us are inside the company - there were more that applied, but not all were given an interview). I know he interviewed all day today, and he will again tomorrow, but I don't go until late Thursday afternoon. I'm feeling good though. My odds are getting better with each day, right? :dizzy:

Love the shoes!!! And yes, you're much better off being one of the last persons interviewed... they always tend to get the positions :) Best of Luck!

Day 3... sort of.... Working night shift today so my actual Day 3 was a sleep day with no food.... at least my consumption is staying the same as if it was a day shift. Day 2 was really rough!!! I was soooo extremely tired, got home from work at 8:00pm and couldn't even eat supper, I had to just hit the sack!! Woke up at 3:00am and took a shower, then went back to bed at 7:00am.... slept till 3:00pm. Got everything prepared for suppers at work on my night shifts and here I am!! Feeling tired but a whole lot better than day 2. I can button up my top!!! Whoopeee!!! The inches are starting to go :carrot:

JessicaCourez 08-04-2010 02:26 AM

Well, WI tomorrow. I don't FEEL like I've lost a ton this week, but we shall see. If I lose my normal 3 pounds, it would amazingly bring me to the 140's...which I can hardly wait for.

I may not be in touch much this weekend, my friends are getting married, and I have houseguests! I'm so excited for them to come and stay, but I'm a little worried about staying on protocol. My plan is to stay on IP come **** or high water. We shall see, I know it may not be as perfect as when I do it at home, but I will do the very best I can. I know, prep prep prep.

Thanks to everyone for your inspiration and lessons...I didn't multiquote everything because I'm trying to get the house clean, but wanted you all to know how much I appreciate it.

JC

lilblackdress 08-04-2010 06:34 AM

Wyosun: How amazing that you were disappointed about not being able to wear a new bathing suit due to weather! I'm guessing just a few short months ago you would have dreaded going out in a bathing suit!

Kelsey: LOVE the new shoes. In addition to what everyone else has said about the timing of interviews, you are also an internal candidate and thus would require less training than an outside candidate which gives you another edge!

Novak 08-04-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcw32 (Post 3418702)
Novak, I want to be the (n+1)th person to acknowledge your wisdom, generosity and contribution.

Thank you...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorMayde (Post 3418299)
I miss you guys!!

WE MISS YOU!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannabeIP (Post 3418519)
Hey I was there for some time (actually far too long).... others may not agree with this but I think it is time for you to phase off... complete the phases correctly and get to maintenance stay there for awhile and if you want to lose a few more pounds comeback to phase 1. I think sometimes the stress of getting to a number is part of the problem

I agree. I think it is difficult to lose on this diet if your head is not in the game. For whatever reason, you seem to have hit a mental "wall" and you need to get past that. I think coming up with an alternate plan, phasing off IP, and giving yourself time to clear your head and regain some perspective is smart. You can always come back and start fresh if you so choose...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3419388)

Do you guys think they are too sexy???

Just sexy enough. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3419405)
Has anyone seen a post from chimpchamp lately?

She and I have PM'd a few times, and she did stop by the Life After thread a couple weeks ago, but I've heard nothing lately. I still wish I hadn't accidentally thrown away ogdog's return address when she sent me her leek soup (and other stray IP packets)... I do worry about her. And Birman, of course. Guess I just gravitate toward the veg-heads! :broc::carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3419451)
how long should i do phase 2? should i go into phase 3 fairly soon and if so how long? i seem to remember novak saying you need phase 3 AT LEAST for 2 weeks, but i can't seem to find the post. i also seem to remember reading that phase 3 is much more important than phase 2, but again, can't dig it up!

Do two weeks of Phase 2, and two weeks of Phase 3. The longer Phase 3 recommendation from the nutritionist was particularly for people with Type 2 diabetes, though she indicated that a period longer than two weeks might actually benefit others, as well. This is NOT an official IP position, however.

Two weeks of each should be fine... but certainly don't cut Phase 3 short.

Coastalcrafter 08-04-2010 07:22 AM

Good morning All!

damgi 08-04-2010 08:18 AM

Advice for an extended vacation?

I realize I am putting the cart before the horse on this one, but it has been on my mind since I started 2 weeks ago.

We are taking a 12 night Mediterranean cruise in late October. We will have been on IP for about 12 1/2 weeks when we leave. I am not counting on being at goal by then, but also don't want to be on Phase 1 while in Italy / France / Greece.

Would anyone recommend we try phasing through 2 and 3 as we get closer and be on phase 4 for the trip? What are the pros and cons of this? We already know we will go right back to phase 1 when we get back.

I would ask my coach, but as I have mentioned previously, I really don't have a lot of faith in her expertise.

Thanks!
Danielle

shrinkingsusie 08-04-2010 08:33 AM

Hey everyone, good job on all the losses this past week!! Haven't been around much because my mom is visiting for the week, but just wanted to pop in and say hi! :) Enjoy the rest of your week!!

babsnwv 08-04-2010 09:09 AM

Happy, happy, joy, joy!!

I'm doing the happy, happy dance this morning!! :yay:

My IP weigh/measure last evening showed a loss of 6 pounds and 3.25 inches!!! :broc:

And then my husband and I walked 2 miles after dinner and even though his pace was a lot quicker than mine, I only had to stop and breathe twice - once going up this big hill and again at the top of it! He kills me!!

Amazingly, my lower leg muscles aren't as sore this morning as I thought they would be. My DH rubbed them after I cool-down stretched and then I took a really hot shower. We have one of those shower heads that you can bring down and it has a pulsing mode. I directed that right at my lower legs, then went straight to bed and kept them under the blanket. I think maybe keeping them warm might have have kept them from twitching all night like they have been.

Anyhoo - - - I feel pretty good today! Particularly as seeing that my scales said another pound gone this morning! According to my scales, I've lost a total of 26 pounds since March!! WOOOOHHHOOOOO!!! :woohoo:

Have a great day everyone!! I must get to work! :comp:

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

WI#1: -8.2 lbs, -19.75 in. WI#2: -2.4 lbs, -10.00 in. WI#3: -6 lbs, -3.25 in.

lookin for loss 08-04-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babsnwv (Post 3419974)
According to my scales, I've lost a total of 26 pounds since March!!

Nice job! Love all the success on this board!

I have a question - because I'm obsessing about TOM no loss. It's like a double whammy - makes you more hormonal (at least initially) and then no loss to add to your enhanced moods. :devil:

So, I'm looking for a bright side... does anyone have anything they've done to thwart this? any strategies for eating - like .. drinking more water or exercise? or tossing in the towel and making that a cheat week? what have you tried?

mollyt1169 08-04-2010 09:34 AM

:smug:Good morning.

Everyone on this sight has been a huge inspiration to me. I have been lurking a lot, reading posts. I started on 7/28. I was really discouraged because I felt like my scale wasn't moving much. Last night I was so bummed, I almost had a glass of wine! But I didn't, and I weighed myself this morning and am down 4 pounds. I don't see my coach until Saturday because she was on vacation. I feel good about the loss. I wish I had more energy, but I do have some medical issues and I don't know if or when I will ever have the energy I used to have!

I did have a question: I have been having green tea with splenda in the morning. (I used to be a HUGE coffee drinker) I really enjoy it. Is this OK? I know you can have tea or coffee in the morning, but I really would love to have a cup at night as well. Also, how much oil per day would you say? I feel like maybe I am using too much on some days. :?:

Thanks for any advice!

Soon 2 B MrsT 08-04-2010 10:21 AM

Alrighty well- still no water.

Luckily last night I remembered I had a bottle of water in my car from work so the protein issue last night is taken care of.

However, the shower, breakfast, teeth brushing aspect of no water is still an issue. Hopefully it comes back on soon.

I've written a very strongly worded email to the landlord informing them of my disgust with the situation. (I knew that writing class in grad school would pay off in one way or another) :)

Cross your fingers for water!!!

HopefulTricia 08-04-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dietfrenzy (Post 3419682)
170's... i have arrived but hopefully not for long!!! :) yippeee... i can remember this weight more than 6 yrs ago.

Congratulations on the 777777777sss. Don't you feel great?

Quote:

Originally Posted by damgi (Post 3419903)
I realize I am putting the cart before the horse on this one, but it has been on my mind since I started 2 weeks ago.

We are taking a 12 night Mediterranean cruise in late October. We will have been on IP for about 12 1/2 weeks when we leave. I am not counting on being at goal by then, but also don't want to be on Phase 1 while in Italy / France / Greece.
Would anyone recommend we try phasing through 2 and 3 as we get closer and be on phase 4 for the trip? What are the pros and cons of this? We already know we will go right back to phase 1 when we get back.
Thanks!
Danielle

Danielle -Just discussed this subject with my IP doc yesterday. We leave for Italy Sept. 5. She suggested phasing through 2 to 3 before we go. She felt going straight from phase 1 to Italian bread and pasta and wine wasn't a good choice. I am not sure. Phase 3 is the big breakfast phase and I don't think I will eat that way in Italy. It's a conundrum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollyt1169 (Post 3420013)
:smug:Good morning.

Everyone on this sight has been a huge inspiration to me. I have been lurking a lot, reading posts. I started on 7/28. I was really discouraged because I felt like my scale wasn't moving much. Last night I was so bummed, I almost had a glass of wine! But I didn't, and I weighed myself this morning and am down 4 pounds. I don't see my coach until Saturday because she was on vacation. I feel good about the loss. I wish I had more energy, but I do have some medical issues and I don't know if or when I will ever have the energy I used to have!

I did have a question: I have been having green tea with splenda in the morning. (I used to be a HUGE coffee drinker) I really enjoy it. Is this OK? I know you can have tea or coffee in the morning, but I really would love to have a cup at night as well. Also, how much oil per day would you say? I feel like maybe I am using too much on some days. :?:

Thanks for any advice!

Molly So, if you had caved and had the wine you wouldn't have seen the 4 lb loss-- aren't you glad you stayed strong??
I have been having tea with splenda or stevia at least twice a day. Hasn't hurt me at all. I have at least 2 teaspoons of olive oil a day and some days more. It seems to be an important component of the plan for my body as is the sea salt.

Since I don't have any of my beloved vanilla boxed drinks which I've been drinking 3x a day for about 4+ months, I have been looking at the IP choices at 4 carbs or less. For anyone who cares, here they are: Pineapple banana drink mix, pina colada smoothie mix, raspberry jelly mix, mushroom, chicken and leek soup mix, butterscotch, chocolate, banana, lemon and vanilla pudding, omelet mix and both the vanilla and chocolate boxed drinks.

Almost forgot - MelissaK -- love the shoes-- break a leg tomorrow!

mollyt1169 08-04-2010 10:53 AM

Thanks Tricia! Yes, I am glad I didn't cave in. I was very happy this morning when I got on the scale. I have to stop weighing myself every day, thats just not good for me.

I hope I can stay strong on Saturday. I am going to NY to see a show and go to lunch. All the girls, and we usually have some cocktails. Food will be easy, its saying no to the drink that will be hard!

WyoSun 08-04-2010 11:12 AM

Kelsey...the shoes are perfect. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. GOOD LUCK. Just be yourself. They already know you and what you are capable of.
Littleblackdress...you are so right about me not wearing a swimsuit. Last year when I took the kids I wore shorts and sat out in the sun. Today is clear and I think we will get to go. Yes, I'm thrilled to be able to wear a suit and not be totally embarrassed.
Just a note.....I haven't been able to walk since Sat. due to my schedule. I was down 2 lbs. this morning. Of course I weigh everyday and my weight fluctuates, but maybe it worked for me to take a little break from the walking. Who knows???? The diet really works, but it is tempermental sometimes...LOL. I weigh in tomorrow, so we'll see. Have a great day everyone.