Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 12:32 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post

SO.... MORE FUN FOR ME TODAY!

I got fed up with trying to find things in my closet that fit. My smallest pair of jeans are were too baggy. I had one dress and no skirts left. I realized I had so little in a size 10 or 8 that was current. I went shopping!

We have a few really great consignment resale clothing shops around.

I still can't get use to being so much smaller than I have been at any time in the past 15 years. I started this just hoping I could get to a 6 and would be happy at an 8. I am now and 8 and I am stunned thinking I might really make it to the 6! The last time I was the equivalent of a modern size 6 was in high school nearly 25 years ago!

Today was a VERY good day!
Congrats Carla! I too live in an area with great consignment shops (and even a few good thrift shops). Buying second hand is definitely the way to go when losing weight. Enjoy those new clothes! I'm betting you look wonderful in them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
Yesterday, I was tired of the same old clothes (the only ones that fit) so I pulled out a pair of khaki's I hadn't been able to wear for quite some time and....they fit with a bit of room to spare! Two weeks in to the program and I am hooked!
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
[COLOR=

I have to go shopping today for an outfit to wear to a job interview. I have a good job, I've been in my position for 8 years.

Wish me luck. I'm nervous just about the shopping, and I haven't thought much about the interview next Thursday![/COLOR]
Enjoy looking for new clothes Kelsey! Take the time to really look at how wonderful you look and how proud you should be of your accomplishments. Have fun today girl! You've earned it.

[QUOTE=Journeysend;3413256]Hi Everyone!!

I am back from 3 wonderful weeks in Germany visiting DH's relatives.

Welcome home Journeysend!

Gad, I just realized what time it is. Gotta get my butt moving! Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:34 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Size 10?!?! I don't know if I'm ready to handle a size 10...or the mental process of possibly not fitting into them yet. I'll wait until I can shimmy my size 12's off.....then I'll try the 10.
By then you'll need a 6.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:00 PM   #468  

Height: 5'8"

this just in! erin just purchased a pair of size 7 WHITE juniors shorts for the boat today...whoot-whoot!!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

I'm taking FOUR bags of clothes to goodwill -- I can't gain the weight back, I'll be NAKED!

JC
Old 07-31-2010, 02:18 PM   #470  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

JC, I'd say that is some pretty good incentive!!!
Our thrift store is only taking summer stuff right now, so I have 3 bags of winter stuff still lurking in my closet.
I have found so many cute things to tide me over till I lose the rest. It is actually fun trying on clothes. Thinking about Kelsey about now!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:19 PM   #471  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
I'm taking FOUR bags of clothes to goodwill -- I can't gain the weight back, I'll be NAKED!

JC
Old 07-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #472  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Just ordered vanilla boxed drinks from Lindora. Hopefully they really have them in stock and I will receive soon. No sale price which is too bad but I am pretty desperate to have them. My IP doc doesn't have any.

Melissa K
- congratulations on making the cut for a new job--I'll be thinking about you Thursday & sending you good luck wishes. Hope the shopping trip was a big success today.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-31-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:45 PM   #473  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
this just in! erin just purchased a pair of size 7 WHITE juniors shorts for the boat today...whoot-whoot!!
where is that LIKE button when you need it!!!

GO GO GO GIRL!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:58 PM   #474  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
NOVAK has 2s! Carla has Medium Suit Jackets and 8s! Lilblackdress has room to wiggle in what was too small! Ellie is smaller than her goal! And there are so many more victories here! I just want to say that I am so proud of all of you. You're all an inspiration, even those that I didn't list here (I'm short on time) it's amazing. Keep up the great work.

I have to go shopping today for an outfit to wear to a job interview. I have a good job, I've been in my position for 8 years. This interview is within the same company, but in IT. It is more money and bit up the ladder (well it's not an hourly position, it's a merit position, so it's sort of the bottom rung on a new ladder). SO out of 700 candidates, I made the final cut for an interview. I must look my best.

Thank goodness I started IP when I did. Now if I'd only started a month earlier when I first heard about it, but hey, no looking back. I'm down 44.75 and that will help me to look better then I would have! This guy that I would work for looks like he should be on the cover of the GQ everyday. Not that he's the most handsome, there are more handsome men, but he is dressed impeccably every single day. Hair, clothes, shoes etc. ACTUALLY I think he is mentioned in DR. Adkins book!!!! I just remembered when I first started working there there was a congratulatory email that went out because his story was in there - Jef Gray. I know some of you have probably read that book! (or Carla/Bev will research this and we get the scoop LOL)!!! So I'm off. Wish me luck. I'm nervous just about the shopping, and I haven't thought much about the interview next Thursday!
Best of luck to you Kelsey.... i'm sure you will look sharp and do well!

NSV - i tried on an OLD pair of size 10 jean capri pants this morning and they fit... well barely with muffin top all over the place, but they fit. i think it's been 5 or 6 years since i've worn them. so happy!! i also tried on a Guinness shirt I bought 5 yrs ago when I was in Ireland and it fit. the tag was still on cuz i don;t think it ever really fit me when i bought it! a little fitted but i am wearing it today!

have a fabulous weekend!!! xoxo dina
Old 07-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
yays! still scared to go shopping here! But the 4 way splitter for the faucet/watering/soaking hoses are done!
Old 07-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #476  
getting back on track

Default Drew Carey dropped 80 Lbs since January!

Hi all,

so I thought you may like to see the article on Drew. I worked with him before on his Green Screen show in Los Angeles. Totally a sweetheart by the way. He also is saying no to carbs and wow, has he seen results!

http://www.people.com/people/article...406175,00.html

Lets go everyone.. we too can do it!
Old 07-31-2010, 03:18 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Hi all,

so I thought you may like to see the article on Drew. I worked with him before on his Green Screen show in Los Angeles. Totally a sweetheart by the way. He also is saying no to carbs and wow, has he seen results!

http://www.people.com/people/article...406175,00.html

Lets go everyone.. we too can do it!
I saw that too! he looks great, doesn't he? and I totally thought the same. If he can stop drinking so can I!...can I??
what did you do with him? as in what capacity?
Old 07-31-2010, 03:23 PM   #478  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I saw that too! he looks great, doesn't he? and I totally thought the same. If he can stop drinking so can I!...can I??
what did you do with him? as in what capacity?
Oh I worked behind the scenes on the Green Screen Show. No I was not a trainer back then LOL
Old 07-31-2010, 04:02 PM   #479  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Well, the company my husband works for isn't doing so hot, so I'll be starting the protocol on my own with no IP products.. wish me luck! I got some Syntrax Nectar flavors and I hope they do the trick (and that I don't get sick of them too quickly.. of course I was basically living off the vanilla pudding anyway)!

Congrats on all the great NSVs and weight losses this week! And good luck to Kelsey on the interview - way to go on making the cut!

Before I started, I was hoping to get into a size 8 by the end of this, but now with about 16 pounds to go, I'm not so sure I'll get there (started in a tight 14 and am now in a slightly loose 12.. I can get into a 10, but it isn't pretty ) I'm thinking it's the tall curse, but I hope I'll have some big inches losses at the end like some of you have had.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
Well, the company my husband works for isn't doing so hot, so I'll be starting the protocol on my own with no IP products.. wish me luck! I got some Syntrax Nectar flavors and I hope they do the trick (and that I don't get sick of them too quickly.. of course I was basically living off the vanilla pudding anyway)!
You can do it! There are many of us here using non-IP products, but otherwise following the protocol, that are doing just fine. Good luck!
Closed Thread