Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Congratulations to everyone! This is sooooo inspiring.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #392  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
YAYS!

snip from my trainers email yesterday

"I'‘ll be looking for at least 20 pushups on Friday" doubt it will happen, I did 3 non-girly ones on weds max! yes I am a weak one. He says I am strong enough and that its all geometry of how I hold my body up.
well good luck!

yes, engage that core girl! Keep your back straight...you can do it!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #393  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
YEY I think it's moving again, 173.8 today... woo hoo!
Apparently you've only been "liking" ice cream, not actually eating it!!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #394  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Kelsey.....Hope to have time to check in once in a while....congrats on the wedding....you will be a beautiful mother of the bride!!!

Elizabeth....congrats on moving that scale again.

About restricted packets...when I started(March) I was given the option to have one a day or not. I chose not to. I stayed away from them until June.
At that point I went on a 2 week vacation and took them to help me through. Once I started with the bars, I find I cannot stop. I look so forward to that snack that it really helps me through the day. My advice(for what it is worth), stay away from them as long as you can. My weight loss slowed by about a pound a week once I started with the bars. So, it is going to take me longer to reach my goal. I am fine with it, but it is more expensive and I really want to be done. I may try to give them up for a couple weeks and see if I can't get that scale to moving a little faster again.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #395  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Oh I was cleaning... and found the Shake Weight DVD.. so it comes with it! Now I gotta watch it! I see my dermatologist in august, so I'm gonna ask him at what general age does the skin lose it's elasticity to shrink back after weight loss...( I'm swimming/well moving and lots of kicking in pool... and doing shake weight daily)
Old 07-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
Does anyone (surely someone) knows if we can have canned tuna (I buy the prime cut packed in water) 6 oz can after squishing out the water weighs about 3-1/2-4 oz. My coach said she'd have to ask. Also, how do you feel about the Mount Olive splenda sweetened pickles=1 carb but they are cucumbers so they would have a carb. I like to put these items together with chopped onion, celery, WF mayo, mustard and 1 tsp olive oil...makes one wonderful tuna salad over chopped lettuce.

Marilyn
Both are fine. I love the Mount Olive splenda-sweetened pickles. Two pickles = 1 carb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
Well - I still haven't gotten into the 150's, however I did make it to the 50lb loss column - 50.9! (including the 5 lbs I lost before IP).

It took me 8 weeks to get thru the 170's, but I am trying really hard to get into the 150's by Monday so it'll be only 6 weeks. Only! I sound pathetic!

Bev and Novak - you both inspire me and show me that there is not only light at the end of the tunnel, but you can still lose after phase 1, continue losing, and keep it off. Thank you for hanging in there on 3FC's for all of us old timers and newbies.
Congrats on the 50-pound loss! And thanks for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
...anyways, about the black soy beans, strange because i just looked at the new phase 1 sheet that was posted and one thing i noticed immediately was that soy beans were no longer on the allowed veggie list. they have 2 net carbs per half cup and 1 net carb per half cup for the black soy beans.

i got some mixed feedback awhile back for eating soy beans because it stated on the old phase 1 sheet "soya" instead of soy beans. soya, according to websters means "soy bean" but some people wanted to argue that it meant tofu(ok??? tofu is a vegetable now??). i don't think they've affected my weight loss but i also count my carbs every day and keep my net carb consumption under 40. if you eat 4 cups of regular soybeans per day, this can really add up.
I remember that old discussion too. I got mixed signals right from Day 1 on the diet. The regional rep giving my introductory presentation said absolutely no soybeans because it's a legume. If that's the case, I don't know what they meant by the term "soya." All that aside, I'm wondering where you got your figures on the carb content. Check out this site:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2622/2.

According to this site, half a cup of soybeans has 10 carbs or 6 net carbs, depending on what you go by.

Going by your figures, I would probably feel OK about eating 2 whole cups of soybeans at once, but going by the site above, 2 whole cups would equal 40 carbs, or 24 net carbs. That's a scarier proposition.

Then I checked out this site: http://www.netrition.com/eden_black_soy_beans_page.html.

It shows the canned, organic, Eden-brand, black soybeans as having only 1 net carb per half cup, just as you said. That sounds pretty good to me. Like you, I go by net carbs.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #397  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

Why does it feel like I'm always doing something wrong???

I emailed my coach to ask for the order form and just happened to mention that I had walked (with a little jogging) about 2 miles on Wednesday evening. Last night we went to the track and I walked every bit of 1 1/2 miles then ran four 100m runs (individually) with my daughter. He emailed back and said:
"During first three weeks it is very important not to exercise at full intesity (do not put yourself out of breath and unable to carry on a conversation in any of your exercises now) so be careful running 100's now. ok walkiing is fine up to 30 minutes and exercise ball 5 commericals a evening trying to balance on all fours on top of the ball is your challenge and your recomended exercise as I have shared with you during our meetings."

Last WI, he told me I couldn't walk in the mornings, now, I'm doing too much. Aren't you supposed to feel like you're doing something? What good is it to exercise if it doesn't make you work a little? It's not exactly like I'm starting cold - I was walking some before, just not as frequently.

I guess it's just a little frustrating to me, because I increased my lettuce and veggies and moved walking to after dinner, per my last scolding, and I'm still screwing up! I'm trying to do it right, but I swear I don't remember him saying you could only do just so much or even that you HAD to have salad.

I'm sorry, everyone, I don't mean to whine, but I really am trying to do this right!!

In his defense, I know he's just trying to help me get the most from the program and I don't want it to sound like he doesn't encourage me, because he does. I guess it's mainly because I'm not so good with criticism.

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:

WI#1: -8.2 lbs, -19.75 in. WI#2: -2.4 lbs, -10.00
Old 07-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #398  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Oh I was cleaning... and found the Shake Weight DVD.. so it comes with it! Now I gotta watch it! I see my dermatologist in august, so I'm gonna ask him at what general age does the skin lose it's elasticity to shrink back after weight loss...( I'm swimming/well moving and lots of kicking in pool... and doing shake weight daily)
Great to know about the DVD!.. I'm on my way to town in just a little while & will go by Bed, Bath, & Beyond first to see if they have them... if not, on to Walgreens, I guess... I'm excited to try it...

I'm also going shopping for hiking boots & if I find some, I'll try them out tomorrow morning on a 4 mile hike... gotta start getting them, & me, broken in for my trip to Colorado at the end of August...

I'll be eager to hear what your dermatologist says about skin elasticity... but if I can go by how my double chin is tightening up, I think I'm gonna be okay... I figured I'd have a turkey wattle, but it's not too bad... for a 61 year old, anyway!..

hugs
Old 07-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #399  

NSV!!!.. mini-goal might be ahead of schedule!.. wore size 12 shorts this morning to mow the lawn!..

hugs & leaps for joy!!!..
Old 07-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Both are fine. I love the Mount Olive splenda-sweetened pickles. Two pickles = 1 carb.

Congrats on the 50-pound loss! And thanks for your kind words.

I remember that old discussion too. I got mixed signals right from Day 1 on the diet. The regional rep giving my introductory presentation said absolutely no soybeans because it's a legume. If that's the case, I don't know what they meant by the term "soya." All that aside, I'm wondering where you got your figures on the carb content. Check out this site:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2622/2.

According to this site, half a cup of soybeans has 10 carbs or 6 net carbs, depending on what you go by.

Going by your figures, I would probably feel OK about eating 2 whole cups of soybeans at once, but going by the site above, 2 whole cups would equal 40 carbs, or 24 net carbs. That's a scarier proposition.

Then I checked out this site: http://www.netrition.com/eden_black_soy_beans_page.html.

It shows the canned, organic, Eden-brand, black soybeans as having only 1 net carb per half cup, just as you said. That sounds pretty good to me. Like you, I go by net carbs.

if I may jump in, I have been have edemame too, on the frozen packages that I buy (shelled) it states exactly that, half a cup comes to ~6 net carbs. So that is what I do, I usually make a cup of it and split it up for 2 sittings, they are rather filling so half a cup is plenty.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #401  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
Why does it feel like I'm always doing something wrong???

I emailed my coach to ask for the order form and just happened to mention that I had walked (with a little jogging) about 2 miles on Wednesday evening. Last night we went to the track and I walked every bit of 1 1/2 miles then ran four 100m runs (individually) with my daughter. He emailed back and said:
"During first three weeks it is very important not to exercise at full intesity (do not put yourself out of breath and unable to carry on a conversation in any of your exercises now) so be careful running 100's now. ok walkiing is fine up to 30 minutes and exercise ball 5 commericals a evening trying to balance on all fours on top of the ball is your challenge and your recomended exercise as I have shared with you during our meetings."

Last WI, he told me I couldn't walk in the mornings, now, I'm doing too much. Aren't you supposed to feel like you're doing something? What good is it to exercise if it doesn't make you work a little? It's not exactly like I'm starting cold - I was walking some before, just not as frequently.

I guess it's just a little frustrating to me, because I increased my lettuce and veggies and moved walking to after dinner, per my last scolding, and I'm still screwing up! I'm trying to do it right, but I swear I don't remember him saying you could only do just so much or even that you HAD to have salad.

I'm sorry, everyone, I don't mean to whine, but I really am trying to do this right!!

In his defense, I know he's just trying to help me get the most from the program and I don't want it to sound like he doesn't encourage me, because he does. I guess it's mainly because I'm not so good with criticism.

Barbara

One for every five pounds lost:

UHHHHH (head scratching) .... by your stats I think your doing pretty good, -10.6 and -29.75 inches in 2 weeks, it takes some time to get it all figured out, just do your best, make modifications if and when needed that adhere to the program... 30 inches that is 2 and a half of my rulers... whooot whoo.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #402  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Speaking of short(s)... nice legs lady!!!
Ha! Thanks. I got sick of looking at the shuttle picture... I see them all over the place at work! When I saw the shorts pic, I laughed because I actually look gangly. Gangly and I have never teamed up before, so there you go... new avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Novak, r u currently training for any races? Have you done the Marine Marathon? Great b4 and after pics!
Thanks! I'm not training for anything at the moment. Have you done the Marine Corps, or are you considering doing it? I've done three, but it's been awhile. I did them around the same time Oprah did hers... as I recall, that one was in a drenching rain. It's a good race, though. Very well organized, as you might imagine it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsnwv View Post
Why does it feel like I'm always doing something wrong??? I'm sorry, everyone, I don't mean to whine, but I really am trying to do this right!!

I think you both want the same thing. It's not a very forgiving diet, and some measure of precision is necessary to get the maximum benefit. Remember that it was developed initially for athletes, so physical activity (or the lack thereof) is an important part of the equation.

The whole thing is more mental than anything. Acknowledge that there is a learning curve, and you may take a few missteps before you get into the rhythm. We're never too old to learn, and you should view his input as teaching. Be open and do your best to follow the protocol. There are reasons for the instructions he's giving you.

You are fortunate to have an attentive coach who understands the program, cares about your progress, and knows how to tweak your approach to maximize the results. Many of us did/do not have that advantage!

Look at how well you have done already!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #403  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
NSV!!!.. mini-goal might be ahead of schedule!.. wore size 12 shorts this morning to mow the lawn!..

hugs & leaps for joy!!!..
Hey, you're way ahead of schedule! Brilliant!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #404  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Great to know about the DVD!.. I'm on my way to town in just a little while & will go by Bed, Bath, & Beyond first to see if they have them... if not, on to Walgreens, I guess... I'm excited to try it...

I'm also going shopping for hiking boots & if I find some, I'll try them out tomorrow morning on a 4 mile hike... gotta start getting them, & me, broken in for my trip to Colorado at the end of August...

I'll be eager to hear what your dermatologist says about skin elasticity... but if I can go by how my double chin is tightening up, I think I'm gonna be okay... I figured I'd have a turkey wattle, but it's not too bad... for a 61 year old, anyway!..

hugs
YOU LOOK GREAT for 61!!!! I noticed my dble chin is shrinking too!! woo hoo!
also when I get in my car and seat is pulled up so my feet can reach the pedals ( hey I'm not short I'm FUN size!), I notice my belly does not hit the steering wheel.. there's a space there now!! I kept trying to pull the seat up, but it already was!! Oh It's the little goals that keep us going!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:07 PM   #405  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
HehhHeehhhHeehhh there are a few people I would like to do some photoshoping tooo....
True story - a few times the last couple of years, I've photoshopped my bum (eg. beautiful picture of me helping my 2-year-old balance on the train tracks... but I was 6 months pregnant at the time and my butt showed it!!). I've also photoshopped my double-chin at times, and my flabby arms, and my etc, etc.... but this diet means I don't have to photoshop my body anymore!! yippeee!!

Last edited by pookee; 07-30-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Closed Thread