Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #451  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

"Cheating" every other day won't help. Once you're out of ketosis, you're out.

If it were me, and I was taking a once in a lifetime vacation to Hawaii, I would just phase off the week before and get back on when you're home.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #452  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
Linden - most of that sounds revolting! My problem is the list i made months ago for coconut macadamia nut pancakes and malasadas and cocoa puffs and shave ice. Not to mention I'll be there on Christmas day so I kind of wanted to eat whatever I wanted on Christmas be it pasta, pizza or whatever.
It sounds to me as though you have a handle on things, except maybe the pancakes. If I were to chose between two "evils" I'd just eat the macadamia nuts and forego the flour, sugar, fat, and maple sauce.

But I should have been more positive. Think fresh fish, really, really fresh fish, raw or cooked. If you have a chance to eat ono, a local white fish, embrace it. Ono is the Hawai'ian word for [I]good[I]. Says it all. Avocado on toast instead of butter. Papaya with lemon juice -- very ono -- and lemon, like vinegar, is said to slightly facilitate weight loss. Hope this helps. I won't be in the states for Christmas or I'd invite you over for dinner.

Last edited by Linden; 10-30-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:54 PM   #453  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Default hawaii

Linden - that is so very sweet - thank you.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #454  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Default ughh cashews

oh nooo I think I messed up yesterday. I was out for many hrs and felt very hungry, so I decided to go to a convinience store in the mall and grabed a pack of cashew nuts. I ate half of it, and each serving has 14gr fat, 4 carbs, 2gm sugars, and 140 calories. now the final question is am I out of ketosis?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #455  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

I had Halloween candy and still lost a little over 3 lbs. this week!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggirl86 View Post
oh nooo I think I messed up yesterday. I was out for many hrs and felt very hungry, so I decided to go to a convinience store in the mall and grabed a pack of cashew nuts. I ate half of it, and each serving has 14gr fat, 4 carbs, 2gm sugars, and 140 calories. now the final question is am I out of ketosis?
Unless you're really sensitive, probably not, you just consumed too many calories yesterday and your body had to burn through that before it got to your fat. Get back on track and you'll be in good shape!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #457  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Unless you're really sensitive, probably not, you just consumed too many calories yesterday and your body had to burn through that before it got to your fat. Get back on track and you'll be in good shape!
Tanx lot Jessica I feel much better now, though I am still impatient to know the final results tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:36 AM   #458  
Motivated IP-er

S/C/G: HW313(2007) 264(IP)/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I had two bad days last week, one of which I posted about (last Wed) - in a nutshell, 2037 calories, 38 g fat, 116 g carb, 9 fiber, 227 g protein. Then I was pretty good (2 drinks of vodka club) a night for the next 2 nights, then on Saturday? A Halloween party. Managed to stay away from most stuff, ate mostly meatballs, a few thin sausage slices, veggies... oh, and 3 small chips with 7 layer dip, and a handful of Sriracha peas (heaven!). And well, generally over-imbibed. For a grand total of 1446 calories, 47 g fat, 45 g carb, 9 g fiber, and 104 g protein.

Since then, I have been 100% good. And checking with Ketostix to see if I was back in ketosis. This morning, the strip was still negative.

I was feeling a bit tired last night, couldn't ride the exercise bike to usual speed, had to settle for a shorter, slower workout. Then today, I was a cranky cuss, had a headache, and generally felt out of sorts. My staff noticed.

Tonight, when I got home, I checked again.

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!

It's only "Moderate" - I think 40? I was at the highest level ever since I had been into IP good for about 2 weeks. But it should only go up, as long as I keep to the plan!

And this taught me the cost of falling off. Not again until I'm into Phase 4, and allowed a cheat day once a week, if I want one.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #459  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

Well I have been traveling for the last 4 and a half weeks. I spent more than three of them in Australia. I knew there would be no way to stay on plan so I just have been eating a good healthy diet and indulging in some of the fruits, breads and desserts that I have been missing. I was also drinking wine and a few other mixed drinks. I figured I had to make sure I did something to counteract all the food so the hubby and I did a lot of walking, probably averaging more than five miles per day. It was great because we walked in cities, towns and even the rain forest. We also snorkeled and sailed the great barrier reef.
got home three days ago and was really pleased to see that I had only gained 2.5 lbs. and today I have already lost two of them, being back on plan.
I feel really encouraged by this because now I know that when I finish this diet I will be able to eat a normal diet for me and exercise and keep my weight in check. I think the weight I gained was probably the water weight that comes back with adding carbs back into the diet. That is probably why it is coming off so fast.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:19 AM   #460  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Default Lost My Mind

So after 8 weeks and 30 lbs lost, I cheated. I really don't know what came over me, but I just had to have some fried chicken. That would not have been so bad, if I didn't have the fries and biscuits along with it. However, I am not beating myself up about it. It happened, it was good. Now, I'll have to pay. Back on protocol.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #461  

Default quitting

I am quitting this diet. Not only is it a little expensive for me, BUT I just can't stay focused on it. I can't eat enough vegetables for the lady, can't eat enough of other stuff. Did I mention I had gastric by pass and cant
t eat all that stuff. I can only do 1 cup tops of something, if I eat the protein packet changes are nope nothing else for a while. So I do not know.
I would at night time do sugar free snow cones. Oh nope says you can't do that; I mean come on. Also did crystal light in my water nope not supposeto do that. Also the person should be qualified to do this like a dr, nutrition, ect.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #462  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

Snikers1210, I am surprised that you are on IP and without a dr.,in light of your gastric bypass surgery. You should probably be working with your dr. On an eating plan that addresses your particular health issues.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #463  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1210 View Post
I am quitting this diet. Not only is it a little expensive for me, BUT I just can't stay focused on it. I can't eat enough vegetables for the lady, can't eat enough of other stuff. Did I mention I had gastric by pass and cant
t eat all that stuff. I can only do 1 cup tops of something, if I eat the protein packet changes are nope nothing else for a while. So I do not know.
I would at night time do sugar free snow cones. Oh nope says you can't do that; I mean come on. Also did crystal light in my water nope not supposeto do that. Also the person should be qualified to do this like a dr, nutrition, ect.
Oh I know what you mean ~ this is a very strict diet. I think about quitting all the time BUT I'm doing the program through my Gynecologist's office and I'm getting to be good friends with my gyno. She doesn't shoo me in and out of her clinic -- we talk about EVERYTHING. She is soooo loving and supportive with hugs and kind words. She wants me to be her star pupil as I'm one of her heaviest clients. When I cheat I see her pretty face with her finger sticking up shaking "shame on you Rhonda." So that has helped me.

I admit -- I'm not doing the plan as it should be. I'm using an extra creamer in my coffee, I eat carrots every now and then, I had some of my kids Halloween candy last week. Some days, I have 2 servings of protein. But the diet is still working for me because of the low low calories!! And I love the packets. They fill me up! The cappuchino is a daily thing for me and has replaced my Starbucks. Keeps me full until almost lunchtime.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #464  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1210 View Post
It's too bad that you feel it won't work for you. If you're thinking of maybe continuing I would suggest talking with your coach about all the things you ARE allowed to have, such as the Walden Farms items or Da Vinci syrups. I would imagine you could use one of those flavors for your snow cones. I was told we can have anything not listed if it is zero carb, zero fat, and zero sugar. I also find the amount of veggies difficult to eat at one time. I'm not sure the restrictions after your surgery, but I tend to spread mine out over time. I use celery (which I used to hate!!) as my in-between meals to munch on, and throughout a day that adds up. (I snack A LOT!) Then I just add a few veggies into soup or omelet packets, and by the end of the day only have a few more veggies to get in. When I started I thought there was no way I could ever follow this plan (I'm not a veggie person!), but there are so many good recipe ideas and combos that helped me do it. After a month it's a lot easier and I'm starting to like veggies!

You need to decide what's right for you, but I wish you success whatever you choose.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 147/128/115

Height: 5'

Talking Cravings and such

Hey everyone,
so I work at a movie theater in the yogen fruz part. We just got a new ice cream flavour; maple walnut. Its my favourite type of ice cream and it was infront of me the entire night and all i wanted to do was eat it. I didnt but when i got home that night i decided to eat some more meat. So I wasn't that bad. So im just wondering but am I the only one who ends up dreaming about eating candy?
Closed Thread