3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative Products that work in PHASE 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/203447-alternative-products-work-phase-1-a.html)

lm1979 01-14-2012 06:00 PM

I just started today, cant wait to see results, i weighed myself and almost had a heart attack, that damn baby weight. Just wondering if theirs a dressing or topping for salad that I can eat??

panda13 01-14-2012 07:46 PM

Has anyone tried Green Valley Ranch products? Are they similar to Walden Farms?

Mom3LoveBugs 01-14-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lm1979 (Post 4172282)
I just started today, cant wait to see results, i weighed myself and almost had a heart attack, that damn baby weight. Just wondering if theirs a dressing or topping for salad that I can eat??

Walden Farms has a large selection of products that are okay to eat on plan

Momto2cs 01-14-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda (Post 4169178)
I need help with protein powder you guys.
Can you give me some suggestions?
I've looked & looked; but i'm still at a loss. :/

I use designer whey from Walmart. It has stevia instead of sucralose. Tastes pretty good and low in carbs and calories.

panda13 01-16-2012 06:48 PM

Has anyone used Syntrax Matrix powdered drinks? They are priced pretty well on netrition.com, and it seems like it has good reviews. Right now I've got a generic-brand powder drink that tastes awful. I'm hoping to turn it into something else - like a homemade protein bar.

ETA: If it helps, I like the EAS Carb AdvantEdge RTD. Just looking for something that tastes like that, but more economical.

caja5152 01-17-2012 09:46 AM

Trying to get started using IP alternatives. Would anyone care to share an example of their daily intake. Examples of breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner? I cannot afford to do the IP at this time so I thought I would go for the alternative option first. Do you only drink the shake at breakfast lunch and dinner or do you add veggies also? Any help is appreciated. Or if there is another forum I should read that would be appreciated also.

sandralosingweight 01-17-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caja5152 (Post 4175894)
Trying to get started using IP alternatives. Would anyone care to share an example of their daily intake. Examples of breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner? I cannot afford to do the IP at this time so I thought I would go for the alternative option first. Do you only drink the shake at breakfast lunch and dinner or do you add veggies also? Any help is appreciated. Or if there is another forum I should read that would be appreciated also.

Hello,

Here is what I usually eat:

Breakfast: Usually a Jamieson Slim Down Bar + coffee + 1 Splenda and 2tsp 0% powdered milk. Sometimes instead of the bar, I have the protidiet protein soy cereal that I order from proteinwell.ca and sometimes i make myself a waffle or a pancake out of 1/2 a scoop of protein whey powder + 1/4 tsp baking powder + 2 egg whites and a little vanilla if I want.

Lunch: Usually a soup (ordered from proteinwell.ca) or a on some rare occasion a shake (I buy the big protein jars from Popeye or anywhere else I find something that is similar to IP nutritional value and at a good price, the best I liked is the Ultimate Nutrition ISO Sensation, they are yummy, up till now I tried the banana one and the strawberry one, both taste amazing). + 2 cups of veggies with 1 tsp of olive oil.

3pm Snack: a pudding (from proetinwell.ca) or on some rare occasion a shake.

Supper: 8 oz of beef, chicken, pork or tofu + 2 cups of veggies with 1 tsp of olive oil. (Sometimes I do a stir fry using some soy sauce, garlic, ginger and green onions, and sometimes, I bake my veggies in the oven).

Hope I answered your question well.

patns 01-17-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

On the first post of the daily thread for everyday there is are stickies. Click on the one that says something about phases of IP and informantion etc.

Under that you will find another sticky about alternatives.
From there you can get print off sheets with all the nutritional info of IP products compared to the info on different brands of alternatives.
I had been going to a clinic and when I switched to alternatives I just used those sheets to decide what to get. I use a few things from Costco and order protidiet things as protidiet was the closest match for things I wanted. However in Canada there seems to less chance that the protidiet products has aspartame in them.
Make sure you get the supplements in.

My day looks like this:

8:00 Premier Nutrition Protein Shake (Costco)

12:00 large salad with greens, WF dressing/ Protidiet soup or pudding

4:00 protein bar (small size Oh Yeah bar or Detour bar from Costco or Protidiet bar)

6:00- 7:00 Stir fry with chicken and 2 cups of veggies or soup made with lean ground beef & veggies or any steak or pork chop with salad

Hope this helps.

Pat

Linden 01-17-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

If you go to the Hard Time Restarting thread, post number 319, I've written up a little summary that might help.

Panda, you might want to look, too, since I talk about Matrix Syntrax.

caja5152 01-17-2012 09:02 PM

Thank you all for the info and feedback. I am new and look forward to exploring this site to help me take a journey that I have been dreading.

panda13 01-17-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 4176060)
If you go to the Hard Time Restarting thread, post number 319, I've written up a little summary that might help.

Panda, you might want to look, too, since I talk about Matrix Syntrax.

Thanks Linden! That's some very good information!

mrsmurphy 01-18-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4175995)
My day looks like this:

8:00 Premier Nutrition Protein Shake (Costco)

12:00 large salad with greens, WF dressing/ Protidiet soup or pudding

4:00 protein bar (small size Oh Yeah bar or Detour bar from Costco or Protidiet bar)

6:00- 7:00 Stir fry with chicken and 2 cups of veggies or soup made with lean ground beef & veggies or any steak or pork chop with salad

Hope this helps.

Pat

My day looks just like this! For the salad I use baby spinach cause it counts as veggies! Thank goddd lol I am not a big veggie person so the baby spinach on salad makes it easier. I have been using a lot of the protidiet products. I like their veg beef soup.

Bailey6 01-18-2012 09:45 PM

I love the Proti Diet Blueberry pancakes. I don't think they are restricted but my mom, who is also on the diet thinks that they are. Can someone help me out here?
Here are the nutrition facts:
N u t r i t i o n F a c t s
Serving Size: 1 Pouch Servings Per Container: 7
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol 40mg
Sodium 400mg
Potassium 80mg
Total Carbohydrate 7g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugars 1g
Protein 15g
Iron 4% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
Vitamin A 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
Vitamin C 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
Calcium 10% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
I n g r e d i e n t s
Whey Protein Concentrate, Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Whites, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Freez-Dried Blueberries, Eggs, Salt, Guar Gum, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potato Starch, Fructose, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Silicone Dioxide.

patns 01-18-2012 10:38 PM

I use the blueberry pacakes all the time.I am using them as a non restricted because they have 7 carbs.

Pat

sekidder 01-19-2012 11:57 AM

thanks to this great group of dieters. I personally bought a huge container from Smoothie King, called Gladiator.( They also have vanilla and strawberry)
$40 for 20 servings
180 calories
0 fat
1 carb
45grams protein