3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative Products that work in PHASE 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/203447-alternative-products-work-phase-1-a.html)

galpal445 01-01-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuu (Post 4064685)
I have a question about the potassium one. I am using alt. The potassium one i am taking does not have alot of potassium. How much is in the IP ones?

According to the bottle of the Natura Potassium/Calcium tablets I got from my coach there is 800 mg of potassium bicarbonate and 200 mg of calcium carbonate in each tablet. I am supposed to take 1 per day.

Linden 01-02-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panda13 (Post 4151656)
I just found this pudding:

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ix-15-box.html

Would this be comparable to IP? I've looked at the ProtiDiet and others, but this seems like the ingredients are closer. Has anyone used this?

Looks OK. My only concern would be the Acesulfame Potassium but it is a miniscule ingredient.

Lindac, the simplest (and my favorite) dressing for Romaine is 1 t olive oil and a good splash or two of organic apple cider. In fact, I now eat it without the oil, saving the oil for roasting vegetables. (The reason I mention Romaine is because it is so much richer in nutrients and fiber than other salad greens, especially iceberg -- which is valueless as a food.

panda13 01-02-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 4152422)
Looks OK. My only concern would be the Acesulfame Potassium but it is a miniscule ingredient.

I wondered about that too, but it looks like the IP pudding has that listed as an ingredient as well (at least according to the idealtogo.com site). So I think I'm going to order some - found some even cheaper on DPSnutrition.net. I'm going to try to make the "rice" pudding recipe (made with cauliflower). Should be interesting!

Bellamack 01-02-2012 10:14 AM

panda,

I have alternatives from Lindora, Noshua & Diet Direct. I just read the ingredients and am sure to buy the "aspartame-free". I also use Pure Protein Bars (Wal-Mart, Sams, Wegmans & Target), Muscle Milk lite & EAS shakes ( Sam's & Wal-Mart) & Detour Bars ( I get them at Sam's, but probably have other places)

I have never tried the rice pudding from Cauliflower, I just love rice pudding!

Bellamack 01-02-2012 10:23 AM

Just wanted to add that "ItsAboutime" lost all her weight ( I think at least 50 lbs) using alternatives and she used the Atkins products.

I am using Alternative products and have for awhile, my IP coach lets me buy what I want from the clinic. I do buy the K supplements, because after a long search, I really couldn't find a "good" substitute. I still buy the dill pickle zippers and wildberry yogurt drink from IP too, not every week, but when I stop over to get vitamins.

mrsmurphy 01-02-2012 10:47 AM

Bellamack,

I am glad to see someone who has been using alternatives and seeing significant results. I just started today using alternatives. I have seen a lot of people who have been using the EAS shakes, so I went and got some last night. I saw the muscle milk but wasn't sure if it was similar to IP products.

I am wondering if someone could just break down what a normal food schedule looks like for them?like breakfast, lunch, dinner? I have seen so many different variations. I just don't want to be eating too much or not enough?

This is my first day and I had a shake for breakfast and a hard boiled egg as a snack. I am 293 pounds. I am used to eating/grazing all day long. My stomach is growling already. I just have to tell myself I can do this - I have to do this. I am 26 years old and I feel like I've been dead for 26 years. If that makes any sense.

i can do this!

Bellamack 01-02-2012 11:01 AM

mrsmurphy,

You can do this! I will breakdown what I eat for you.

Breakfast: 1 chocolate EAS or Muscle Milk lite, mixed with 1 cup of cold German chocoate decaf coffee & 2T of Peppermint Mocha Sugar Free Creamer over ice.
or Egg beater omelet with about 1/2 cup veggies (mushrooms, peppers, non-carmelized onions & garlic

Lunch: Romaine Salad with 1 & 1/2 C extra veggies, like cucumbers, mushrooms, cabbage, peppers. Plus a protein, sometimes a Pure Protein Bar, sometimes another protein shake.

Dinner: Mostly chicken and sometimes whitefish, scallops or shrimp and 2 cups of veggies. I really love roasted zuchini or asparagus.

I use 2t of EVOO a day and sometimes a little more. I bought a bunch of Walden Farms dressings and marshmellow and it all gagged me, very chemical. The only one I can take at all is the Bleu Cheese dip which I mix with Franks chicken wing sauce and put on top of a salad, very good. I always have a good seasons dressing made with EVOO & vinegar for other salads.

I also make stir-fry alot. Chicken or shrimp with red/green/yellow peppers, garlic,mushrooms and cabbage, it is very filling. I use the low-sodium soy sauce.

You will be successful and as others have said, it improves after day 6 and after about 2 weeks, I had no cravings. I was content and not hungry for the majority of the time. If I got hungry, I reached for dill pickles, herbal tea or iced tea with lemon. Good Luck, if you have other questions, just ask :)

mrsmurphy 01-02-2012 05:05 PM

Thank you for breaking that down. It was very helpful.

I do not eat fish but i love chicken baked, grilled any kind of chicken.

Thankfully, I was off of work today for the holiday so it was easy for me to get a schedule for eating. I am a little worried about returning to work tomorrow and being able to upkeep the diet while at work. My co-workers are always bringing in mexican food which is my weakness. I will just have to keep myself occupied tomorrow. I am going to get my lunches ready for the week, boil eggs in advance for breakfast... and i have my shakes.

Day one is almost finished and I didn't starve to death as I thought I would! haha. i was looking at the diet regiment and thought, oh my god i'm going to starve. But I DIDN'T .. it wasn't that bad.

one day at a time.

Linden 01-03-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsmurphy (Post 4153328)
Thank you for breaking that down. It was very helpful.

I do not eat fish but i love chicken baked, grilled any kind of chicken.

Thankfully, I was off of work today for the holiday so it was easy for me to get a schedule for eating. I am a little worried about returning to work tomorrow and being able to upkeep the diet while at work. My co-workers are always bringing in mexican food which is my weakness. I will just have to keep myself occupied tomorrow. I am going to get my lunches ready for the week, boil eggs in advance for breakfast... and i have my shakes.

Day one is almost finished and I didn't starve to death as I thought I would! haha. i was looking at the diet regiment and thought, oh my god i'm going to starve. But I DIDN'T .. it wasn't that bad.

one day at a time.

Just curious. Why are you having eggs for breakfast? And as to your co-workers bring in Mexican or any other kind of food. They haven't committed to the IP Program and to getting healthy. You have. It's a whole new mindset.

mamacitaof2 01-03-2012 09:29 AM

I am new to IP alternatives also. I like to use my veggies as a snack as well as including them in my meals.

Breakfast: egg beaters with seasoning
snack: 1 cup veggies (usually celery or pickles)
lunch: salad wiht 1 cup veggies and walden farms dressing (I prefer ranch) with a protein packet
snack: 1 cup veggies
dinner: meat protein, 1 cup veggies and salad if I'm still hungry
snack: protein bar, pudding or shake

I did make the mistake of having spagetti and a protein bar in the same day. Both are restricted. Opps! I've heard conflicting statements. 1) You should only have 1 restricted a day. 2) You can only have 2 restricted per week. I know you should only have the spaghetti 2 times per week.

mrsmurphy 01-03-2012 09:57 AM

Linden,

I meant egg whites...

Linden 01-03-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsmurphy (Post 4154249)
Linden,

I meant egg whites...

Whew! :D :D

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 01-03-2012 10:35 AM

linden, I thought on the original IP chart, I saw 2 eggs are on the list for protein 'item'.

Mom3LoveBugs 01-03-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 (Post 4154339)
linden, I thought on the original IP chart, I saw 2 eggs are on the list for protein 'item'.

yes, that is correct... 2 hard boiled eggs can be your protein for the day

Survalia 01-03-2012 01:15 PM

ProtiDiet is on sale this week at Nashua Nutrition. It is what I have been using with pretty good success. I love the blueberry pancakes! And the tomato basil and the mushroom soups are awesome, too.