3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative Products that work in PHASE 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/203447-alternative-products-work-phase-1-a.html)

mrsmurphy 01-04-2012 09:15 AM

I was trying to go through and thank each individual person for responding to my post but I would just like to thank everyone who responded!

Very helpful information... I will use the bars, maybe split them up.

Navymommy, I like the idea of simplifying the diet. I'm trying to make it as simple as possible.

How many bars are we allowed? is it two a week?

Sorry about all the questions... I just want to get this right this time!

thanks again everyone for the continued support.

Teach2lose 01-04-2012 09:21 AM

Thanks for all the info! I think I need to start using more alternative product. The expense of this diet is becoming too much. I have been using the drinks from Walmart .

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 01-04-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsmurphy (Post 4155842)
I was trying to go through and thank each individual person for responding to my post but I would just like to thank everyone who responded!

Very helpful information... I will use the bars, maybe split them up.

Navymommy, I like the idea of simplifying the diet. I'm trying to make it as simple as possible.

Sorry about all the questions... I just want to get this right this time!

thanks again everyone for the continued support.

The bars are a restricted item and you are allowed one a day :)

Linden 01-04-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 (Post 4155830)
JUST got this reply from IDEAL TO GO :(

Subject: Ideal To Go
Sent: Jan 4, 2012 8:44 AM

Hello Theresa,

I'm sorry, but at this time we're not set up to ship into Canada.

Tom

Well that stinks. It's not as though the products aren't MADE in Canada. So I'm sorry. I gave you misinformation. I thought the Canadian headquarters shipped, too.

mamacitaof2 01-04-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 (Post 4155835)
no do they ship to canada? are the prices good?

Their prices are cheaper than IP products and they have good sales; sometimes up to 40% off. I'm unsure if they ship to Canada. I'm having issues with their site right now to check, but here's the link if you are able to view it. http://shop.lindora.com/

NavyMommy 01-04-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsmurphy (Post 4155842)

You're allowed 1 bar a day. Now if you start ordering things like chili or spaghetti from some of the different sites those are further restricted to 2 a week, but you can have a bar every day. I even find that I do better with a restricted every day in my diet.

Mom3LoveBugs 01-04-2012 10:54 AM

for any fellow Canadians who want to try alternative products, I order some items from proteinwell.ca

they are in Canada and offer free shipping for orders over $99

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 01-04-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 4155911)
Well that stinks. It's not as though the products aren't MADE in Canada. So I'm sorry. I gave you misinformation. I thought the Canadian headquarters shipped, too.

ah not to worry :)

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 01-04-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs (Post 4156022)
for any fellow Canadians who want to try alternative products, I order some items from proteinwell.ca

they are in Canada and offer free shipping for orders over $99

omg thanks! I will check out thier prices :)

LOSINGFORGOOD2010 01-04-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 (Post 4156171)
omg thanks! I will check out thier prices :)

Thank you so much for the info on PROTEIN WELL...i have just placed my first order and it is the same product line that I use on Nashua for only 8.95 shipping vs 27$ from the USA.....omg this is fabulous ......:carrot:

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 01-04-2012 01:24 PM

seems like there is more doing alternatives... I have ordered from Nashua Nutrition, just DO NOT use FED EX, they charge you tax which is okay, but they charge you a handling fee of $11. so I do regular post to canada takes a little longer but cheaper in the long run.

Mom3LoveBugs 01-04-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 (Post 4156247)
Thank you so much for the info on PROTEIN WELL...i have just placed my first order and it is the same product line that I use on Nashua for only 8.95 shipping vs 27$ from the USA.....omg this is fabulous ......:carrot:

you are very welcome! :hug:

CRUSINLADY 01-04-2012 08:10 PM

purchasingthe ideal p. diet food in n.o.,la.area?

can anyone give me some info. on where to buy the food in the n.o. area?
i was told you can go & just buy some food ? thanks & have a great day!!

omgzitsmiranda 01-05-2012 05:42 AM

Is this still correct? The paper I saw for Alternative Phase 1 said no corn, etc.

Breakfast
1 IP packet
plus one group choice ( will list groups below)
plus coffee/tea with 1 oz skim milk
sweetener allowed

lunch
1 IP packet
plus 1 group choice
plus
2 cups select veggies and unlimited lettuce

dinner

7 oz fish or 5 oz meat from select choice
plus 1 group choice
plus 2 cups select veggies

snack

1 IP packet

Compulsory

64 oz water

1-2 teaspoon olive or grape seed oil

regular IP supplements

IMPORTANT: only one choice from each GROUP is permitted per day. ALL THREE GROUPS MUST be consumed per day.

GROUP 1

2 slices toast ( whole grain, pumpernickel, rye, multigrain,sourdough, stone ground whole wheat, oat bran, sprouted grain)
150 grams whole wheat pasta
150 grams brown rice ( not instant)
1 sweet potato, or small boiled potato
60 grams oatmeal ( non instant)
150 gram - 200 grams couscous
50 grams unsweetened cereal (bran, oat, whole grain or barley)
150 grams cooked legumes (chick peas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans)
150 gram corn

Group 2

fresh fruit ( example: 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 2 kiwis, 150 g pineapple, 1 banana,200 g strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.
fruit is allowed, but optional, and must not be replaced with another food group.

group 3

1 sugar free yogurt
1 - 60 oz glass milk (2% M.F or less)
30 gram cheese (about 20% M.F)
120 g cottage cheese
60 g feta cheese

Meat, veggie, seasoning choices are the same as regular phase 1.

mamacitaof2 01-05-2012 06:21 AM

Fruit is not allowed on Phase 1. I would suggest viewing the Alternative Sticky at the top of the IP forum. This has a lot of great informaiton including all the different IP phases so you can mimic them with alternative products.