3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative Products that work in PHASE 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/203447-alternative-products-work-phase-1-a.html)

Mom3LoveBugs 01-11-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panda13 (Post 4167051)
I think 1 hard-boiled egg plus 1/2 serving of chicken or fish (4 oz) would probably be okay. I think 2 eggs is considered a full serving of protein.

that is correct... 2 eggs is considered a full serving of protein.

NavyMommy 01-11-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maykatcooper (Post 4166922)
Also, I've never met anyone else who orders from Ideal to Go. Anyone else out there?

I just contacted Ideal To Go since I'm moving and won't be near a clinic anymore. Can you tell me how it works for you? I just got the intro E-Mail from the owner, but I don't know if they will take me since I was enrolled with a clinic a few months ago.

Linden 01-11-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs (Post 4167073)
that is correct... 2 eggs is considered a full serving of protein.

They are Panda and Sara. But combined they only have 13 grams of protein. Really pretty low. Personally, I'd go for the one egg and 4 oz chicken.

maykatcooper 01-11-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4167109)
I just contacted Ideal To Go since I'm moving and won't be near a clinic anymore. Can you tell me how it works for you? I just got the intro E-Mail from the owner, but I don't know if they will take me since I was enrolled with a clinic a few months ago.

Hi and welcome to another way to lose. Smile. My contact is Maria Boone. She is my coach and has wonderfully answered all my questions via email or phone call. I do usually wait a day before return phone call.

If you are moving and no longer can use the same coach you should be able to join as an Ideal to Go member. Downside is that we cannot order separate packets but must purchase entire boxes (7 packets) and there are NO returns if you don't like a product. Maria was able to set up a location willing to sell to me in a pinch and they have no qualms about exchanging products with me. They are an hour away which is what qualified me.

I do my own weigh-ins weekly at the Idealtogo.com site. They also have a forum though not often used do still contain some wonderful recipe ideas.

Please feel free to send me a private message if you like. :)

NavyMommy 01-11-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maykatcooper (Post 4167233)
Hi and welcome to another way to lose. Smile. My contact is Maria Boone. She is my coach and has wonderfully answered all my questions via email or phone call. I do usually wait a day before return phone call.

If you are moving and no longer can use the same coach you should be able to join as an Ideal to Go member. Downside is that we cannot order separate packets but must purchase entire boxes (7 packets) and there are NO returns if you don't like a product. Maria was able to set up a location willing to sell to me in a pinch and they have no qualms about exchanging products with me. They are an hour away which is what qualified me.

I do my own weigh-ins weekly at the Idealtogo.com site. They also have a forum though not often used do still contain some wonderful recipe ideas.

Please feel free to send me a private message if you like. :)

Awesome! I just heard back and got all set up with access to their site. How strict are they on ordering 3 boxes per week? I was still hoping to use some of the alternatives I've discovered but am also excited to get back my access to some of my favorite IP products I've missed. Looking forward to finding out who my coach will be and placing my order.

Oh, I looked at shipping and it really seems high! Do you order a bunch at once to avoid that, or is there any way of getting around it?

maykatcooper 01-11-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4167249)
Awesome! I just heard back and got all set up with access to their site. How strict are they on ordering 3 boxes per week? I was still hoping to use some of the alternatives I've discovered but am also excited to get back my access to some of my favorite IP products I've missed. Looking forward to finding out who my coach will be and placing my order.

Oh, I looked at shipping and it really seems high! Do you order a bunch at once to avoid that, or is there any way of getting around it?

The shipping on 3 boxes might be even higher than on 6 or 12. I always place at least a $300 order which lasts quite a while... About 12 boxes worth. They are also quite high on WF which I order from www.netrition.com along with my Miracle Noodles and shpping is always $4.95. I use Healthsmart as an alternative protein serving and get those items from www.nashua.com where again shipping can even be free.

Ideal to Go usually offers free shipping specials for orders of $300 or :)more around the holidays. I try to wait for that and am hoping to see it again for Valentines, but no promises.

It will be great to have an I2G buddy. I made it to my 50 loss goal in 6 months.

omgzitsmiranda 01-12-2012 03:37 PM

I need help with protein powder you guys.
Can you give me some suggestions?
I've looked & looked; but i'm still at a loss. :/

NavyMommy 01-12-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda (Post 4169178)
I need help with protein powder you guys.
Can you give me some suggestions?
I've looked & looked; but i'm still at a loss. :/

I think the other one you mentioned in the other thread will be fine.

mamacitaof2 01-12-2012 06:11 PM

I don't have a specific powder that use. I just use RTD and it's the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE. It might come in a powder...not sure.

NavyMommy 01-12-2012 06:13 PM

Just FYI, I just took a quick glance at the sample packages that Nashua is sending out this month and it looks like if it stays the same they're all things that are IP approved :) Last time I had to throw them all out so this is exciting, and 3 free meals if you order more than $29!

Bailey6 01-13-2012 07:24 AM

When using Alternative products, how do we figure out if something is restricted? Someone told me anything over 9 grams of Carbs? Sounds right but just wondered if I had other things to look at.

NavyMommy 01-13-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bailey6 (Post 4170026)
When using Alternative products, how do we figure out if something is restricted? Someone told me anything over 9 grams of Carbs? Sounds right but just wondered if I had other things to look at.

Yes, the cut off is roughly 9 grams of carbs and I wouldn't use products that go much past 15 (although I know the new IP cookie is 23 or something). If you look at this thread in post 5 there is a sheet containing both the nutritional value of the IP products (which gives you an idea what should be restricted) and the ingredients. Alternatives is much tougher than doing IP the classic way because you have to read, research, and compare everything.

BACKDROPsilhouette 01-14-2012 02:06 AM

Is soy flour allowed?

Linden 01-14-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette (Post 4171476)
Is soy flour allowed?

Nope. No flour; no grains.

EmilySebetka 01-14-2012 05:52 PM

Has anyone used WonderSlim products for alternatives in IP??