Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #121  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
Well. I know that everything that im not having will be back after this diet. I tell myself that it didn't take a couple days to get overweight it took 18 years of doing nothing, and eating poorly. I like feeling this way, its like food hasn't taken over my life and its not something I think about constantly so I feel like I can get more stuff done. I am looking better, I felt ugly when I was big, I never went to prom or anything like that because I felt like crap and thought a big person in a tuxedo would look like a fat penguin. I missed out on soo much because I thought I looked embarassing, I hated going out in public I had the worst self esteem. I've been doing this so long because I want to make a change, and I need to make a change. I was too young to be 350 lbs. I was 18, 19 now. I also want to inspire younger people to lose weight, I would love to go on talk shows about this diet. Teenagers are getting overweight and its soo hard growing up and going through school not being as athletic as your peers. So ive been doing this so long because not only do I want to make a difference for myself, but for others as well.
My mom had gastric bypass to get all of her weight off, and teenagers are looking into the surgery, if this diet was around when my mom was around it could have helped her from going through such an evasive surgery and she would be able to eat like a normal person.

So I just have all those things in my mind and its how I have kept on track.
You are an awesome young man, and an inspiration to us all... I know you will be to others, as well.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Thank you Birman for helping me figure out how to upload pics! So anyhow, here goes! These are photo's of me taken at the beginning of my journey and again in March - 40 lbs lighter! Hope the link works!

http://picasaweb.google.com/10237881...uringAndAfter#
Old 03-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

JoshB - You are so inspiring! You look great! You're cute! I'm glad to hear that after 6 months on IP, your body will get to take a break. I read that protein diets are hard on our livers/kidneys (I think that's what I read, MuayThaiGoddess will chime in on this if I'm totally wrong). Of course, eating lots of junk and processed, prepared food as we all used to do is probably hard on the body too! I was wondering how long someone could stay on the diet. You are doing a really fabulous job and your outlook is so positive! I hope you get to share your story with other young people and inspire them to lose weigh too! Have your film friends made that documentary about you like they were planning? If so, I want to watch it!

Mystical Mamma - Wow! You look beautiful! Thank you for sharing your pictures. I'm going to look around and see if I can find a before picture somewhere and then I'll take some after pictures to share.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:23 PM   #124  

Josh - You have a very big heart. I think it's wonderful that you want to help other young people. You're doing so great - congrat's! BTW, I really like your profile pic

Last edited by stacerp; 03-30-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #125  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
First of all sylvie- don't give up!!! There are actually alot of things you can do to kick start your weightloss when you hit a plateau, I'm not by my computer but I wanted to respond on my Iphone ASAP. I actually have alot of experience with ketogenic diets and there are different options you can try.... First and foremost you must tell me:
1. Are you in ketosis consistently? If you do not have ketostix get them and find out.
2. How often and how hard are you working out?
3. Are you elevating your heart above your target heart range or lifting weights?
These are all important.
Thank you MuayThaiGoddess for your fast answer!
As for your questions, here are the answers!
1) Will stop to buy some tonight! Was not sure if I should do so as they don't seem accurate for everyone but it is worth the try I guess!
2 & 3) Was working out (as of yesterday) 3-4 times a week on a circuit training involving 15 min. of intense cardio workout (HR around 170) and 3 series of muscular work: pull-ups or weight lifting for upper body, musculation with machines for thighs (front & back) and abdominal (sit-ups) or back reinforcements. (All in my lunch break!!)

Also have been experiencing (how did torchlaker put it??) no movements down there (!!) and thought it might be a factor in the plateau situation...

Suggestions welcome once again!
Old 03-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #126  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Thank you Birman for helping me figure out how to upload pics! So anyhow, here goes! These are photo's of me taken at the beginning of my journey and again in March - 40 lbs lighter! Hope the link works!

Old 03-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #127  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Well. I know that everything that im not having will be back after this diet. ... I also want to inspire younger people to lose weight, I would love to go on talk shows about this diet. ... So ive been doing this so long because not only do I want to make a difference for myself, but for others as well. So I just have all those things in my mind and its how I have kept on track.
Thank you for such a thoughtfull answer! I have been overweighted since I started high school so I can relate to what you brought up... Only took me longer than you to understand and take action about it! I cannot recall the last time I weighted 150 or so... must have been around 12yo!!

I also see a positive impact of IP way on my family as my husband & my sons (9 & 7 yo) are starting to eat more veggies and lettuce! They also seem to enjoy something else that processed food for once! (Not all the time - trust me!)

So you will pause IP for a while and resume the weightloss later? Do you have to go throught Phases 2, 3 and 4? How long do you need to go back to balanced eating before resuming? (Sorry for all the questions, my coach has not dealt with many long-time customers...)
Old 03-30-2010, 04:15 PM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post

So you will pause IP for a while and resume the weightloss later? Do you have to go throught Phases 2, 3 and 4? How long do you need to go back to balanced eating before resuming? (Sorry for all the questions, my coach has not dealt with many long-time customers...)

Yes, i will be going through phase 2,3 and finally into 4 starting phase 2 april 10th. If you do not go through all the phases my coach says the weight will come back FAST. You have to ease your body into eating real food again or it will just like go out of whack. I am probably going to be on phase 4 for...a little less than a month and then get right back on to phase 1. Hopefully it is the jumpstart I need to go the rest of the way =D
Old 03-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #129  

Default Finally!

Well I finally got my butt in to the 220's - it felt like it took forever.

This is significant for me because I started dating my husband when I was in the 220's and I think deep down I felt like I was letting him down....it's not how HE feels, but it's how I feel he feels...

Plus - I'm only 7 lbs away from weighing less than him!

Last edited by jordanna; 03-30-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #130  

Quote:
It sucks finding out that Cauliflower and Broccoli have higher carbs..Maybe having those on the same day as a restricted isnt a good idea..I wonder if Bok Choy chopped up, with melted soy cheese would be good =o
I make bok choy soup ALL the time for lunch and really enjoy it, that way I can have asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower at night with no worries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Jordanna - I just remembered that I meant to respond to your post about the buns last night. Have you made them yet? I made them once and got about six muffins out of one package. They were beautiful, fluffy and golden -- but totally empty inside. LOL They reminded me of the turkey on Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. Anywho, would love to hear how yours turned out.
I haven't actually made them yet, I've never used the restricted items and I'm a little worried to start...I was just thinking of trying it for Easter...if I make them I'll definitely let you know how they turn out

Quote:

Old 03-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #131  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Talking Dance Party Yaaay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post

This is significant for me because I started dating my husband when I was in the 220's and I think deep down I felt like I was letting him down....it's not how HE feels, but it's how I feel he feels...

HIP HIP HORRAY!!! HOW EXCITING!! I am so thrilled for you! What an achievement! You should be so proud of yourself and should feel like hot stuff when your out cruisin on your bike!!
And I know how you feel, I dated my childs father for a long time and was the same weight as him and then got sooo much larger and then pregnant and he swore he thought I was the sexiest thing ever- but I felt like he ordered something on T.v. and got the product and was a victim of false advertising!! But what an amazing accomplishment- to be back down in the 220's! You must be so proud of yourself! You are an inspiration to us all
Old 03-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #132  

Yay Jordanna! Woot woot! Good job and well done!
Old 03-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #133  

***Goddess***
I'm not going to repost your quote because our posts are probably the longest thing this forum has ever seen! If they would just allow Private Messages from the get-go, we wouldn't have this issue!

You know, regarding firing your doctors - I did the same thing! I totally fired my pain management doctor over SSRIs and SNRIs. Um, I was seeing pretty patterns in the sky dancing around! And it was no where near the Fourth of July fireworks celebration! I think it was a symptom of serotonin toxicity - but ha!! I'll never know because I fired the doctor and got off the meds. I also went through a withdrawl period on them. I read about one of the meds (after I was given it and already taking it) and it said that many people fire their doctors after they want to stop taking it. Why don't doctors think about withdrawl symptoms and the fact that we all don't want to be on their drugs our whole lives?

Oooo! I'm so excited for you and law school! I was also thinking of doing that, I love law! Both business law classes that I took during college were really awesome. You will make the United States better by becoming a lawyer. You will help people, I know it!

Oh about the chiropractor - please ask him for a referral for someone in my area! As close to Reston, VA and Herndon, VA as you can get! I'll send you more specifics once you can receive the magical PM! I can't drive far due to my pain and the traffic around here is intense anyway. I know what you mean that most people seem to be magically cured by chiropractic adjustments. Well, I'm not. But I do feel better and I can tell that it helps me. I am sure part of it is just slowing down enough to take care of myself and concentrating on it for that hour. The massage beds and heat and ice help tremendously too. I'd better start doing the heat and ice at home again. I even have a "heated seat" in my car - a heating pad plugged in to a car adapter! I have more to say about the medical profession but I'll save it for a PM. I guess you can't receive them today because it won't let me send one to you! Sad!

My boyfriend - oh he's wonderful! He's happy about his consistent 5 pound loss per week. I'm happy for him and proud of him. He is really stressed but he is finally putting a lot of effort into finding a new job.

Thank you for your compliments about my writing! I get paid to write about software/web, but that's fine with me! I like getting paid to write. I'm so lucky! I also used to teach English as a foreign language. I absolutely loved it, but it didn't pay the bills. But it paved to way for my current career, and it's just amazing how well everything fits together and works out along the way!

I had no idea that most people ate dinner at 5pm! My parents both had their own businesses when I was growing up (my mom still does), so I've never eaten at 5pm. And all my jobs during my professional career have had hours that lasted until 6pm, so I eat late. The "sheet" (definitely deserves personification and a description such as a strict teacher or a drill sargent!) has been the bane of my existence this whole time! My clinic told us at first that we could have our snack in the afternoon. Then after 1 week, they sent out an emergency email that said we MUST have the snack before bedtime, as it's listed on the silly sheet. They re-iterated that it is mandatory that we eat it before bed (after dinner) so that our bodies will continue to burn the fat and not the muscle during the night. I wanted the fat bandits to make off with my fat during the wee hours of the night, so I followed their advice. But you are so right, I eat much later than normal and I never want the snack after dinner. Where were you 7 weeks ago to give me this good advice? You're the best!

I think you would make a great coach. You coached someone to lose 100 poudns on Atkins, right? Also you are our resident expert and researcher regarding all things biological (and human). I'd love to be a coach too (and become a nutritionist because I find food so fascinating). I am annoyed that my clinic is so strict and I understand that people can follow the IP protocol strictly, but some people need a little leeway so that the diet works for them and they are successful! I think with research and analysis and personalized care, coaching would be much better. I can do what they are doing right now, just give me the sheet. I'm a smart cookie and can read and follow directions! Their answer for everything is, just follow the sheet. If you don't follow it exactly like this, then you won't lose, it won't work, and we can't help you. But what kind of help is that providing anyway? Not much if you ask me. Novak goes to the same place and she does her own wiegh ins and takes her own measurements because they aren't even good at that and don't keep track of it for us. Sorry for the rant.

I have been following the phase 3 sheet! (Insert tantrum here - haha!) It's just not very specific for an overly analytical mind like mine! It says you can have all veggies except potatoes. But with someone on phase 1 in my house (who also pays for our groceries) I have been eating mostly the phase 1 veggies. But yesterday I had some other non-phase 1 veggies. The sheet should really say, you SHOULD eat the veggies that were previously forbidden. Oh well! I also added more egg whites to my 2 eggs last night. It was either 2 eggs or shrimp and I'm sick of shrimp! So I went with eggs and added 2 servings of egg whites to make the total protein for my meal = 24 grams. It made so much too- totally filled up my plate (albeit it was a salad plate, not a full-sized dinner plate). Then I added soy cheese. Some people eat that throughout the diet so I don't count it as a cheat. Can you see I'm trying to ramp up to eating normally again? I'm a pretty healthy eater too, but I was eating too much junk before IP and that's why I gained weight. That and trying to eat as much as my bf - hello, men need more food than women! Just as it's a bad idea to go drink for drink with men, it's also a bad idea to match them bite for bite while eating!

Today I decided I am going to slowly go back to being vegetarian again. I think that is my issue/disorder with food lately. I am grossed out by it, so why should I eat it? Having to eat cooked protein 3x a day is too much for me! Today for lunch I made a tofu "yogurt" with WF blueberry sauce and I realllllllllly enjoyed it. Birman, thank you for your on-going support because I know you are still vegetarian and making it work. Just to know you are out there makes me feel happy! And of course Goddess, I always feel special when you respond to me too! I didn't mean that comment about not responding to you in jest, really! I get really confused if I don't write everything down (especially for now as I am taking pain meds in the evening). Luckily I can write everything in the daily food journal, and I made extra photocopies of the pages too! I have some at work so on days like today if I forget my journal, I can still write everything down and keep track of it! Without it, I feel like a lost little puppy!

About the Calm tea - why yes I do like Calm tea from Starbucks! AND I even have some sugar free vanilla syrup at home. I'll have to pick up a box of Calm team a treat to myself. Oh and Sinatra made my night last night! "I get a kick out of you!" I sang a lot. I have choir tonight so I'll sing a lot tonight too. Glad you got a kick out of my melodramatic onion performance! You sound like an awesome first date - mascara everywhere, almost dieing from onion fumes. At least they comp your meal (cheap date heehee!).
Old 03-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #134  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

JoshB - you are amazing to get control of your health and well being at such a young age. Way to go!
Jordanna- congratulations on your success. You must be so very proud of yourself. I love the way this diet helps us to achieve the goals we've been trying to reach for years.
Mystical Mamma - great pics. you look great!
Stacerp-- 170s -- lucky you. I am not close to that yet but hope to be in a month or two. Congratulations!

This diet just rocks!:wiz ard:

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 03-30-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post

That is so awesome! Way to go, Jordanna! You keep me motivated, so thank you!
Closed Thread