Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #31  

I have always wanted to weigh less than my husband, we've been together for 8 years and known each other since we were 5 years old...even then I'm sure I weighed more than him lol. I'm getting close...his job went from physical to mental last year and he now sits on his butt and drills for oil...I have 8 lbs to go and I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #32  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
Alrighty, so I am going on vacation May 22nd, to April I will be going off plan, I will go to phase 2, to 3, and finally to maintenence. She was going to do this for me anyways, she went to a big conference and it said after you are on the plan for about 6 months, its a good idea to restart everything again, it gives your body a jumpstart and you lose more faster again and I have been losing pretty slowly as a guy these last few weeks. I am going to Disneyland and Hollywood with family I havent seen for years, so sticking to plan would be hard, but I should be able to atleast stick to maintenence.
JoshB
my coach recomended the same thing for me. I am going to vegas in May, Hawaii in June, and Denver in July. I have just finished with Phase 2 and move to Phase 3 tommorrow. I am excited but nervous.Way to go on your incredable weight loss. You will do great when you come back.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #33  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbrandi View Post
i had my first weigh in today! i lost 6.2 lbs this week. down to 172.2! woo hoo!! it feels so good
That is soo awesome. You should be proud. It gets easier too.

Keep up the good work
Old 03-29-2010, 04:37 PM   #34  

Ckanable- About the breath. I had that same concern as my DH hates the ketosis breath. So I found that if I used a tongue scraper and BreathRx mouthwash a few times a day, I didn't have any problem. I am sure my DH would tell me if I did! Hope this helps. Actually I really want to weigh less than hubby too. Rather embarassing.

Carla- I know what you mean about getting to where you have to share about the program. I have been really reluctant to tell people as I just didn't want to have to explain and convince that I was making a good decision. I have a lunch in a few weeks with my girlfriends to celebrate birthdays. We were going to go to a restaurant as usual, but then one said she would cook. That makes it much harder, and last night I dreamt about what I could do all night! Well, this morning she called and I told her I needed to talk to her about the menu, and she is going to make a salad with chicken and just keep some out for me without all the extras and dressing. That is a load off my mind. I guess it's a good thing that we will need to start doing some explaining!

Josh- I can't wait to hear your ins and outs of going on a family vacation. I will be going in April.

Brandi- Congrats on your first WI. So exciting!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

yinyang - thanks for the suggestion. It hasn't been a problem since about day 3 after going into ketosis and I am chewing a little spry gum. Thanks though!

ohbrandi - congrats on your first week!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #36  

A few weeks ago someone newer to the boards posted some recipes using the pancake or crepe mix (can't remember which) to make buns?? I looked on the recipe board and can't find it...did anyone write it down or whoever it was could they post it again when they have a minute!! Thanks!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
A few weeks ago someone newer to the boards posted some recipes using the pancake or crepe mix (can't remember which) to make buns?? I looked on the recipe board and can't find it...did anyone write it down or whoever it was could they post it again when they have a minute!! Thanks!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...-8-14th-7.html

I think this is it, I was using the nacho recipe from the same person!! Awesome
Old 03-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #38  

AHA thanks babs!!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
Yay Brandi! glad its working!
i owe it to you, for sure. it's no 15 pounds in one week but ppsshhh i'll take it!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 212/192/140

Good afternoon IP friends,
I'm waiting for DH to finish up and close the shop so we can go home! I think we are stopping for dinner along the way so I looked up menus to see what I could have where. I am leaning towards grilled shrimp and asparagus with salad.

The DH game, Mine is heavier that me, we are from pasta loving Italian stock, so he enjoys his starches much! He actually has lost weight as I'm not cooking the mass quantities as I once did. I'm waiting for those noodles to come so I can try having "pasta" again!

BBL
Julie
Old 03-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #41  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

went for my weigh in this morning and down 2 lbs. So that makes a total of 26 in 10 weeks. In one way it's discouraging because I really wish it were more, but on the other hand I am so grateful that 26 lbs is gone and think to myself, "why am I complaining?" Starting another week. My dr. put me on some medication because they think my hormones may be hindering my weight loss. I was on the depo shot last year from Jan. until Aug. and haven't had a period in 15 months. I should have got one around Nov. but never did, so they are thinking if they can get that straitened out that maybe I may loose a little faster. Who knows, but I hope they are right because I am not looking forward to having a period again!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #42  

Height: 5.8

Went for my 4th week weigh in and Im down a total of 29 pounds in 4 weeks. I am hoping to hit 35 pounds lost by my birthday which falls on Easter Sunday. We are doing my inches lost tomorrow and Im so excited to see that number.

I am just so pleased with this diet and while it's hard it is soooo worth it. I am hoping to lose another 50 by my first dress fitting in July. As it is now they said Im either going to have to have my wedding dress completly re-made or rush order another dress for my wedding in September.

For the newbies, hang in there. It's tough but oh so worth it.

Have a great evening everyone. Im off to the gym!

KimAnn

*** Week 1 -14 pounds
***Week 2 - 4 pounds and 1o inches lost
***Week 3 - 5 pounds
***Week 4 - 6 pounds...total so far 29 pounds gone forever!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #43  

Height: 5.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbrandi View Post
i had my first weigh in today! i lost 6.2 lbs this week. down to 172.2! woo hoo!! it feels so good
Excellent Brandi! Great job!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #44  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

SassyKimann-- 29 lbs in 4 weeks. What an accomplishment -- don't worry about the dress. Just keep up what you're doing and know you will look beautiful for September. How exciting-- I loved being a bride! And Happy Birthday!!!

Now - a strange question for this bright group of ladies (and men). I have the stiffest neck the past two days-- wondering if it is related to all the soy in this diet. It seems to hurt more every time I have a vanilla drink. Right side of my neck and partially down my back. Has anyone had this happen to them??? Love this diet and want to feel good on it. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 03-29-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:51 PM   #45  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Someone in the last string asked if Lindor vanilla drink was the same as IP. Actually, it is New Lifestyle that has the same drink. If I'm not mistaken, Lindor's version contains Aspertame...
Closed Thread