Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #421  

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgal View Post
Good afternoon IP friends,
Thank you for the insight on the "moods"! I also had some initial lightheadness, but that has since passed. I have a question about the ketostix, is that something we should be checking? and where do you find them, is it like a litmus paper thing?
Thank you for all your help! I love the seran wrap idea, because it is so hard to get all that pudding off the lid!!
Julie
Julie, the ketostix are optional. You can become obsessed with them and they are an added cost you don't really need.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #422  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Oh no - thought I was cooking lamb for Easter. Now we are going with a group for brunch at the best restaurant in town. I will survive it - heck I spent week 2 in Napa watching everyone else eat and drink. But I hate having to look at all that luscious food I can't touch. Maybe it's finallly time for a cheat? No, I don't think so either.
Scale starting to get stuck. Time for a scale dance-- like a rain dance but gets the scale moving down instead of rain coming down. LOL.(shades optional)
You have amazing willpower and Easter Sunday should be a breeze for you. The lucious food will be there when you have lost your weight. Hang in there! Love the scale dance!
Old 03-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #423  

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
Hmmm... now did you say your scale was showing a 1.5 pound weight gain for the week or the day? How far into week three are you? There are alot of variables that can be a perfectly reasonable explanation for the scale fluctuating.... but is it consistently or just one day?

I've struggled with light headedness and actually blacking out ( i always seem to get the short end of the stick) and it was usually because I needed another pack of protein because I had worked out or been very active, truly I think its low blood sugar but our levels are SUPPOSED to be stable because of the constant supply of fat being broken down... is there anyway you could have gone out of ketosis? That could definately cause both the problems youre having.........
MuayThiGoddess: thanks for our input. Like you, I also wondered if I was still in ketosis. I tested with the Ketostix and it was light purple (and I know that the previous day I was in dark ketosis; I could feel it and see it on the stick). I did take everyone's suggestions, and I added some salt and additional fat (in olive oil form) to my evening meal. This seemed to help tremendously. My scale is down 2 pounds this morning, so go figure. I appreicate everyone's input!
Old 03-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 173 / 173 / 135

Height: 5'5"

Default Ready to start IP!

I've found lots of good information here. So many great success stories to give newcomers encouragement. I have a consultation appt tomorrow morning - how long before I can get started on the program? Will I have to order the proteins or should they have them available for me tomorrow? Very excited to get started! Thanks!
Old 03-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

So I've got a bunch of things today, haven't been on all weekend, as I was reading through posts, I have thoughts on Easter and more.

To give a quick update, I switched over to Phase 2 on Saturday, yay!!! As all my skinny pants from college are fitting nicely, and it's TOM right now, I'm betting by next weigh in, I will be really close to goal, it makes me excited, and I'm actually readjusting my goal up because my boyfriend says I shouldn't lose too much more or it will be too much, what a great feeling!!! Unofficially I've definitely lost more than 9.5lbs so far because the pants didn't fit Friday and now they do.

Went bridesmaid dress shopping yesterday with the bride, she already had the dress picked out, we just thought it would be fun if she went with me while I tried mine on as I'm one of the few bridesmaids living close enough to do that, minor panic, they are discontinuing the dress (she picked it out months ago) and the color I was going to where is no longer. Thank goodness she decided to go with each person in a different color and we were able to pick out a different one for me. We checked that the other colors for other people are avail so they need to go get them. I had to stick with ordering the size I fit now so I can get the dress and still have it available. If it needs a lot of alteration, so be it, this diet is for me, and the wedding is for her, I want to make sure she has a great day.

Easter coming up this weekend, in reading through everyone's plans, here's mine. Usually Easter is at my grandma's house, in fact almost all holidays are, but last year was so tough for her since my grandpa passed away right before Easter, we switched a lot of holidays to my parents'. This year she wanted to host it, but doesn't feel up to cooking absolutely everything, so everyone is going to chip in and make stuff. Usually we have ham, but my aunt and uncle don't eat ham, so they're making a chicken and grandma makes the ham, I'll snag a bit of that for my protein, then there will be veggies, all the tempting carbs, and I asked her what I should bring, she said she was trying to think of salad ideas, so I offered to make a really nice green salad (I'm going to look for recipe ideas) I'm excited cause this means I can make sure there are tons of veggies. She knows I'm on a diet as do my family, so being careful at dinner won't be too hard, the worst will be the green bean casserole and dessert (my candy will be saved for a cheat day in Phase 4 because thank goodness chocolate lasts, and I typically make it last anyway, just don't get to indulge on Easter)

My biggest motivation for not indulging on Easter is to be in phase 4 and have an official cheat day by the time we get to my friend's bachelorette party. We have some awesome stuff planned, I want to be able to have a good time and not stress.
Long post for me, but I'm so excited, and I had an awesome dinner last night. I'd never really tried bok choy, but after seeing so many posts about it on this board, I got some, with a little zucchini and chicken, I stir fried it all up with soy sauce, cumin, mustard powder, garlic powder and oregano and a little of my olive oil, omg was it good, definitely keeping this recipe for future use both now and after IP.

Last edited by babs181; 03-28-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #426  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Love the avatar! Welcome to the forum!

Since you have done Atkin's you will find this diet fairly simple. The best thing is you don't have to eat eggs for breakfast! There is a good selection of foods you can eat for breakfast. Make sure to drink 64 plus ounces of water and keep the salt handy for the headaches. Take the supplements as suggested. I did Atkin's the week before thinking I would be through the carb withdrawal but was not really strict and my first week was rough. It gets easier so hang in there. I typically drink a premade vanilla drink for breakfast during the week for convenience. I toss it in the freezer for an hour or so to get it slushy. Kind of like a vanilla shake. For lunch I usually have a large mixed lettuce salad with 2 cups mixed of radishes, celery, green onions and red cabbage. I use vinegar and olive oil as a dressing. I put some garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, pepper, basil and oregano in it. For my lunch protein I usually have a vanilla or butterscotch pudding with cinnamon. I also make the pudding ahead of time and put it in a dish in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes. I like it really cold or somewhat frozen. For dinner 2 cups veggies and 5 oz lean protein or 7 oz fish or seafood. You may want to check out the recipe thread. Be careful though, not all the recipes are IP compliant. I usually have the jello every evening as my snack to help tighten up the skin. I use 10 oz of boiling water for the jello though because with 5 oz it sets up like knox blox.

HINT: When you make the pudding in the shaker, cover the shaker with saran wrap before you put the lid on that way you don't have to try to lick the inside of the lid.

GOOD LUCK!
Love the idea about the saran wrap on the shaker lid !!!
Old 03-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #427  

i have a quick question- i haven't had a period for over two years (because of having a baby, then an IUD) and about 3 days into this diet, i am spotting like a light period. has this happened to anyone? should i ask my coach? i just don't want him to be like 'uuh ew, i'm not a doctor i don't know!' haha
Old 03-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #428  

I am trying to keep up with you all! There is so much going on...tons of NSV's, SV's, and rather encouraging comments about this process!! Whoo hoo!

About losing weight from top to bottom: yes! Seems like we are not alone! With 36 lbs gone, I have gone done 1 pants size but cannot get into the next one down! I did switch from Womens/Plus sizes to regular, which I am counting as a major win! However, I have always been heavier in my butt/thighs than was needed. It makes clothes shopping just a real annoying events. Tops I can wear a Large in most things....down from at least a 1x.

I am not happy with my weight loss at this point. I am happy with what I have done, however I often find myself craving fats more than sugar or carbs. (peanuts...yum!) How are you all getting through these cravings and just staying on plan?
Do you think I need to change what I eat daily? I usually have the same IP packets for breakfast/lunch/snack and my social meals change. I have gotten into a routine with the packets, know how much to buy for a 2 week span, no wondering what I will eat.....but has my body gotten bored?

What do you all think?
Old 03-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #429  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Birman and other cat lovers - does anyone grow grass inside for their cat to eat? I bought some oat grass and wheat grass that's meant to be eaten by cats. My cat keeps chewing on plastic bags so I think he needs some plant matter in his diet. He also tried to eat some cut flowers.
Yes. At this time of the year I plant it outside for them in their cat pen. They both love it. However, that doesn't stop them from chewing on other things!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #430  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Does your husband ever come to Washington, D.C.?
Er, wasn't it you who said you had to shovel 30 inches of snow? He stays in Vancouver, where it's warm.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #431  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

From CinnamonSparkles: "I am about to make a large purchase on Lindora of bars, puddings, and some mix to make cheesecake things (I assume it's a stiff pudding). Thanks BevS for announcing the 25% off sale of their regular prices and the free shipping! The vanilla drinks on there are exactly the ones that we get from our IP coaches, right? My bf hasn't tried them so I thought I'd get some of those too. The caramel nut bars seem mostly the same (I have the caramel nut bar IP box sitting in front of me). The ingredients are exactly the same but in a slightly different order. The ones on Lindora have 10 less calories (only 150 cals) than the IP bars."

Hi, CinnamonSparkles. I don't know if the vanilla drinks are exactly the same or not. I think someone else on the forum has said they are. I haven't ever bought the vanilla drinks. If I want a drink I either use a pudding in 12 oz. of water or make my own drink using powdered whey protein isolate. I like the Lindora cheesecake, but I usually double the water and eat it like pudding.

My Lindora box of caramel nut bars says it has exactly the same calories (160) as the IP ones, as well as the same amount of fat, carbs, fiber, sugar, sugar alcohols, and protein. The only difference I see is that the IP bars have 10 mg. of cholesterol and the Lindora bars have 0 mg.

I hope you get the 25% off. I just did a big order last week (due to get it this Wednesday), and every time I do one, within a few days I get an email ad for big savings, which I never take advantage of because I just ordered. So I hope that 25% off is for everyone and not just cause I just placed an order.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #432  

Had a cool day yesterday. Yesterday I went to my brother and sister-in-law's place to return their pressure washer, and to see my SIL's new Wii Fit that she has been raving about.

My sister-in-law took one look at my bod and said, "Hmmm. I'm going to have to start hating you soon."

I tried out their new Wii Fit. What fun! Problem is, it's not cheap. $320. After we played with it for an hour they asked if I like it. I said that I really did. Then.... they brought out a brand new full Wii and Wii Fit system. A present for me! They know how much I love techno gadgets, commented on how well I was doing with my weight and health progress, and wanted to support me.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #433  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Talking the toddler resistance plan... pun intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1125 View Post
Oh lord I could go on forever about the twins! They are good boys I have to say, but for the sake of my home and my sanity we have our living room gated and that is essentially their domain. Mine especially like to sit on the open dishwasher door when they are in the kitchen. They started walking well at 11 and 12 months and they are unstoppable now. They fight like crazy though over everything! LOL. They already tackle and take each other out when one has something the other wants. it will be pure insanity I'm afraid when they get bigger and stronger!

I'm sure the world was laughing at me today with them though. I had to go get DH's paycheck from the office as he is on the road today. I thought that it would be way more difficult trying to get the double stroller through those doors, so I had the bright idea that I would carry Preston (the smaller one) and hold Alex's hand to walk with me (the big one) BAD IDEA!! Preston was fighting me like crazy cause he wanted to walk too, and Alex was throwing himself down cause I wouldn't let him go the direction he wanted to go in. OMG, so I said screw it and bent down to pick him up too. So then they were both fighting me and I ended up having to carrying them in the office like sacks of potatoes!! And clearly I hadn't thought this through very well, because afterwards here I am carrying one on each hip and trying to get them back in my car and car seats. I just barely managed to catch Alex before he made a nice new home in huge puddle next to my car!! And picture too, I'm not a huge person, so those 2 side by is actually bigger then my upper body. Lets just say that I am totally pooped tonight! LOL!
Jen,
I laughed and enjoyed your post so much, and gosh I could just VISUALIZE THE WHOLE THING HAPPENING, because I'm all too familiar with it, except you have TWO! HA! Mine sounds a little more insane than your two- but dear God- you would be dead if you had two like mine.... OMG- when you were saying that one was dropping to his knees cause he had to hold your hand and follow you and the other one was struggling to get down I was laughing so hard- because I struggle with that everyday- and they can get so upset that your children don't just end up making a scene- its more like a Broadway musical!!
And when you began by saying yyou thought you would just skip lugging that big double stroller into the car and fitting it through the door and drummed up a great alternative plan that would be better (in theory) LOL I can't tell you how many times I've done that- thinking that I'm saving some time and energy and now I know anything to restore order when i am out with my son is worth an infinite amount of preparation! Like I used to leave the stroller at home too- but really since he is running around like Michael Johnson in the olympic games I never leave without the stroller or all the essentials needed for baby care- and baby "want!"
They sound SO ADORABLE- i'm practically in love and i've never even seen a picture!
Old 03-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

So I have been on this diet for11 weeks now and have not cheated once . Today at church we had communion ( Grape juice and pieace of bread ) I was too afrai to take it so I excused myself till it was over . Thought it was kinda of funny that I can't even take communion on this diet . So ready to have this weight gone so I can be somewhat normal again ! No cheats for me . Sorry God !LOL
Old 03-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #435  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
YIKES!!! Have you lost all that just since January??? That is AMAZING!!! Are you working out along with the diet?
I started this diet Jan 15th . I walk 3 to 4 miles a day 6 days a week . Besides that I have done no other excercise . I have not cheated since I started and only have a restricted every once in a while . Maybe once or twice a month .
Closed Thread