Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 AM   #481  
Goddess of Research

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'8

Question lets see

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
I started the IP diet 10 days ago and I have to say it has been BEYOND rough. I have even cried due to being hungry or not being able to be normal (in my opinion)

I caved last night and actually had a little bit of REAL salad dressing (hate the Walden Farms stuff...too sweet for me) and today 3 lbs up! It is so frustrating. Today the HUGE hunger pain again and my fiance and I just said forget it and went out to eat.

I am starting strict again tomorrow but has anyone else experienced this? I have issues with Veggies... I gag... the only thing I can eat is Cucumbers with salt. I am also what is called a Fast Oxidizer so my thing is not carbs...honestly cold care less about those... but I need my fats or I starve! Veggies go right through me... I've been having 4+ bathroom visits a day and it is all greens completely undigested.

suggestions? help?

Yes, your situation sounds very very close to home indeed. one thing you have to know is this diet will not be easy for you. And if you keep throwing yourself out of ketosis- you WILL BE STARVING- because your body isn't eating your fat. i hardly eat my veggies because I have IBS and I'dr rather not have diarrhea all day. One thing is TECHNICALLY fat will not throw you out of ketosis- your body just has to burn off the fat you eat before you can burn your fat stores. I feel like i am starving ALOT which is unusual for most especially since I am in ketosis all the time and i am super strict. if i ever have anything that is a little off protocol it is a salad dressig with one carb and fat in it-= because like you said I am litereally starving and about to pass out- and I do that sometimes- but not alot and my ketosis still stays high- so it would be a little bit of a modified approach- have you talked to your coach about it? But you have to try to satisfy your stomach with an IP packet when you are starving instead of going out to eat because that will mess you up for days in stead of just adding a few calories. What are you eating everyday? what is your schedule? when do you usually get hungry? do you exercise at all?
Old 03-29-2010, 12:03 AM   #482  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Praying your weigh in goes well . Theres always a new week to look forward to also . So no matter what the # you always have a new tomorrow !
your right! I want so badly to be at -30lbs by April, and as of last Monday I was 6 lbs away. But if I don't make it, I don't make it. After all, I don't have the control!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:08 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

MuayThaiGoddess - heehee, don't feel bad about not writing back yet! No big deal. Thanks for the advice on the food. I am going to go with that mantra - don't give the food more power than it deserves. I think I did well tonight with just throwing a bunch of veggies on the salad (not measuring exactly, oh no!) and really enjoying it. So funny about the word ravenous. No one really uses it, you are right. I wonder if our mothers are similar? Well I really need to go to bed now. Going to breathe deeply and clear my mind.

I hope you feel better soon and if not, then your doctors should be able to figure out a better plan of attack for you (with your well-educated help and guidance, of course!). Hang in there! You sound so exhausted. Let your little angel brighten your day with his smile and cute little cheeks and big eyes. Good night!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:47 AM   #484  

Hey everyone - went for my weigh in today and I was only down 2.1 lbs. I know this is a great loss and I'm happy I was just hoping to hit 45 lbs down and be in the 220's today...so I was a bit disappointed.

We got to try the new orange drink today, it was tasty! I think it would taste great with the vanilla pre-made ... like a dreamcicle or an orange julius. My coach is getting the strawberry pudding on Tuesday so I'm going in to pick some up - I can't wait!

Have a great week everyone
Old 03-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #485  

Just a question: We are allowed 5oz of protein, 7oz of fish..is this before it is cooked or after?? Thank you in advance for any help!
Old 03-29-2010, 02:50 AM   #486  
Started IP 3-1-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaiGoddess View Post
Uvettee-- haha!! Yeah right! I am exactly the same way- except a few years ago i made a new years resolution to never make a new years resolution ever again- and I've been keeping mine ever since! LOL!!
MuayThaiGoddess - You are soooo funny!! Haven't been on for a couple of days and wow, there's alot to catch up on!
Go for weigh in tomorrow. I hope the scale fairies are generous with the "Skinny Dust"! We'll see... :-)
Old 03-29-2010, 03:04 AM   #487  
Started IP 3-1-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Thanks, Uvettee, mine weren't color coded so that makes things clearer. Also, having the jello or pomegranate drink every 3rd day must be something new cause I was told to do one every day to avoid loose skin. Although I admit I haven't done so--they're not among my favorites.

Does anyone know if there's a certain amount of carbs in an item before it's considered restricted. I'm wondering because I use some low-carb alternatives to IP. Also, do any of you count net carbs instead of total carbs? I know this isn't part of IP's protocol. Just wondering.
BevS: My coach said they had just recently changed the guideline for that. We were interrupted and so I never thought to ask. But am going to ask tomorrow why not everyday...
Old 03-29-2010, 03:18 AM   #488  
Started IP 3-1-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I was told all the soy puffs are restricted, but when I looked at some of the old protocol sheets, they weren't marked as restricted. Do you all consider them regular or restricted?
The Choc Soy Puffs (Crisps) are restricted, however the Crispy Cereal is not. Probably some combo of many things that make up what is/is not restricted but it appears that all the restricted items have 8 - 21 carbs & 120 - 160 calories. Non restricted seem to have 1 - 7 carbs & 80 - 129 Calories. Non of it sounds like a lot of anything compared to the "old" way of life... :-)

Last edited by Uvettee; 03-29-2010 at 03:19 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:43 AM   #489  
Started IP 3-1-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Perhaps the reason your coach said to use the gelatin and collagen products only every third day is because collagen and gelatin do not contain all the essential amino acids. Dr. Tran Tien warned against sole collagen and gelatin diets in his book, for this reason.
Birman: Interesting! Thanks for that info. I've never read his book. And that sounds logical. My coach & I were interrupted before I could ask about why they changed the protocol from daily to every 3rd day and then I just didn't after that. I'm going to ask about it again tomorrow when I go. :-)
Old 03-29-2010, 03:49 AM   #490  
Started IP 3-1-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Week 1 is over! Had my first WI, I lost 6.5 I was happy with that. My daughter lost 9 lbs. she was very happy with that. So all in all it was a good first week. We both got our TOM last Sunday (great timing, right?) So let week 2 begin. We're ready!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's a really good loss for you both!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:57 AM   #491  
Started IP 3-1-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1125 View Post
This is what I take as well, per my coach. Only different times, but exact same supplements. We were told the other stuff is optional but not neccessary.
Jen1125: Ditto...
Old 03-29-2010, 05:34 AM   #492  

S/C/G: 159/131.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey everyone - went for my weigh in today and I was only down 2.1 lbs. I know this is a great loss and I'm happy I was just hoping to hit 45 lbs down and be in the 220's today...so I was a bit disappointed.

We got to try the new orange drink today, it was tasty! I think it would taste great with the vanilla pre-made ... like a dreamcicle or an orange julius. My coach is getting the strawberry pudding on Tuesday so I'm going in to pick some up - I can't wait!

Have a great week everyone
I was really surprise by it too! I just stopped by the ideal protein store on my visit to Canada and you guys are soooo lucky, my place doesn't even have the premade drinks.

I have the strawberry pudding, but none of the puddings seem to agree with me. But I really wanted something with strawberry in it

Last edited by Sarkbait; 03-29-2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:24 AM   #493  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Hi Committed1, you and I started this diet around the same time. I think you are getting bored due to eating the same things all the time. You are doing terrific with your weight loss. You are right in there with a 3 lb average. I have lost 34.4 lbs since January 4th. I am happy with my loss and don't think I need to be losing 5 lbs a week. I think losing slower is allowing my skin to tighten up better. Your body would probably benefit if you changed what you are eating. Don't be afraid to have some restricted proteins, you may be pleasantly surprised that you will lose the same or maybe better. I think we all need to experiment and see what works best for our bodies. Good luck and I hope the cravings will pass.
Thanks Blue..

We started on the same day! Have you had a slow down or cravings yourself?

I have been avoiding the restricted items because I didn't want to slow down anything in the beginning and got into a good grove with the food, but I agree that it is likely needed.

Restricted Items: I was thinking about the ridges or the puffs. The chili and crepes sort of scare me (with their looks) and because the proteins I have to cook don't look appealing. I am going to my coach early this week so I can check out the foods. I am going on vacation next week and WILL NOT being going off plan just because of it.

Thanks! Have a great week!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:59 AM   #494  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
So I have been on this diet for11 weeks now and have not cheated once . Today at church we had communion ( Grape juice and pieace of bread ) I was too afrai to take it so I excused myself till it was over . Thought it was kinda of funny that I can't even take communion on this diet . So ready to have this weight gone so I can be somewhat normal again ! No cheats for me . Sorry God !LOL
Ha! That's the spirit!
Old 03-29-2010, 07:02 AM   #495  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I started this diet Jan 15th . I walk 3 to 4 miles a day 6 days a week . Besides that I have done no other excercise . I have not cheated since I started and only have a restricted every once in a while . Maybe once or twice a month .
You are totally awesome...
Closed Thread