3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:35 AM   #406
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Just wanted to move this over to the recipe thread for easy finding...I have no idea who was the original poster...

Apple zucchini

I think it would taste great with the apple cinnamon puffs crunched up like an apple crisp when you bake it...

Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. These are seasoned with cinnamon or apple pie spice and a bit of allowed sweetener. Microwave in a small glass dish with a lid for a few minutes for a "baked apple" dessert.

Or, the same ingedients can be simmered in a saucepan with a little water on the stove top until it is cooked down to "apple butter" and can used as a spread on crepes or topping on vanilla pudding.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #407

I am new to the Ideal Protein program. I have 70 pounds to lose and have lost 13 the past 2 weeks. I am glad to see there are supports *sisters* on here. I have a feeling I am going to need all the help I can get.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #408

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Default Honey Dijon Chicken

This is really easy, and I love it because I don't have to use a ton of ingredients!

4 oz chicken
WF Honey Dijon dressing
1-2 tsps EVOO
1/4 tsp sea salt

You can cut the chicken however way you prefer. I like cutting them into pieces because I feel like I'm getting more. Marinate them in the dressing for at least half an hour. Pour the chicken and the dressing into a skillet with 1 to 2 tsps of EVOO (depending how much is left). Add 1/4 tsp of sea salt (to take care of part of your daily sea salt intake!) and cook thoroughly.

I'm not a fan of the WF HD dressing on salad, but when I used it to marinate/cook chicken in, it tasted soooooo good.

Note: If you set the stove on a high setting, the dressing gets stuck to the pan. I cooked mine at a medium-low setting, and it still cooked the chicken well, and the pan was much easier to clean!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #409
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
This is really easy, and I love it because I don't have to use a ton of ingredients!

4 oz chicken
WF Honey Dijon dressing
1-2 tsps EVOO
1/4 tsp sea salt

You can cut the chicken however way you prefer. I like cutting them into pieces because I feel like I'm getting more. Marinate them in the dressing for at least half an hour. Pour the chicken and the dressing into a skillet with 1 to 2 tsps of EVOO (depending how much is left). Add 1/4 tsp of sea salt (to take care of part of your daily sea salt intake!) and cook thoroughly.

I'm not a fan of the WF HD dressing on salad, but when I used it to marinate/cook chicken in, it tasted soooooo good.

Note: If you set the stove on a high setting, the dressing gets stuck to the pan. I cooked mine at a medium-low setting, and it still cooked the chicken well, and the pan was much easier to clean!

Glad to hear you're not a fan of the WF HD....nor am I.....but this recipe sounds great!! I will definitely try it!! Thx!!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #410
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I made this on Sunday and they didn't turn out too bad

1 lb extra lean ground beef
2 cups cauliflower rice
1 big onion chopped fine
2 stalks of celery chopped fine
6 mushrooms chopped fine
1/2 cup Alymers diced tomatoes
1 head of cabbage (boiled ahead and cooled) decored and cooked leafs

Mix all ingrediences together except cabbage leafs.

roll mixture in cabbage leafs, and put in a roaster, I put the remaining tomatoes from the can over top the cabbage rolls and a little bit of the homemade heinz ketchup. Bake at 400 for about 45 minutes.

I also made veggie cabbage rolls by not putting any ground beef in.
I made a version of this and I made a "sweet and sour" sauce for over the top...my fiance and his buddy raved about it! For the sauce I used:

the rest of the tomatoes,
lemon juice,
brown sugar sweet and low,
Worcestershire sauce
Then on top I drizzled low sugar ketchup.

Fantastic! Also, I made open faced "rolls" because my leaves weren't all that big....but I think I would make this again like a lasagna....layers of cabbage and filling. Yummmmmmmmm!

Married 8/6/11 to my best friend! And now.....

Progress Photos....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...to-plunge.html
Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #411
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Default Goulash

Goulash - makes 4 servings
1# ground sirloin
dash of sea salt and pepper
4-5 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
1/2 can water
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 can 28 oz of petite-cut tomatoes
1/2 pkg broccoli slaw

Brown sirloin, onion, salt, pepper and garlic salt.
Add celery and cook until tender
Add tomatoes and water, bring to a boil
Add broccoli slaw and cook until tender
Old 04-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #412
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Thought I would post this link for DaVinci syrup recipes, some of them look really good.

http://www.davincigourmet.com/recipe..._free_recipes/

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
Old 04-03-2011, 12:01 AM   #413
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Peanut Butter Sauce for Chicken and Rice(cauliflower) or Stir fry

5 green onions (diced up small)
2 teaspoons Splenda
2 teaspoons crushed peppers (or more depending on how spicy)
2 - 3 tablespoons WF peanut spread
1/2 cup of low sodium chicken broth
2 - 3 teaspoons soy sauce
Mix first 3 ingredients together, it will look kind of like a soupy mess.
Put in a saucepan, cook onions a little.
Add Peanut spread, cook until it melts then add chicken broth, it will look like the peanut butter is curdling, it just seperates for a while. bring the mixture to boil stirring all the time. When it is back together, add soy sauce. I find the WF peanut spread makes a thinner sauce so if you want it thicker add cornstarch and water.

Cook cauliflower rice and put on a plate, put grilled chicken on then top with the peanut sauce.

For stir fry I put the sauce in the last bit of cooking and it tastes really good. The sauce keeps well in the fridge after making, it can also be used for a thai salad.

Enjoy
Old 04-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #414

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi just tried the zuchinni crisp tonight, I used half the oatmeal packet and half the apple cinnamon puffs with a tiny bit of olive oil to moisten it. It turned out fab!!!! I used a bit of lemon pudding on top in place of whipped cream or icecream. Great!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #415

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Default IP Friendly Soothing Asian Lettuce Wraps

This recipe is one I originally found on Spark People. I tweaked it myself and then tweaked it again for IP. I swapped teryiaki sauce for 'asian' salad dressing that is IP friendly, carrots for an orange bell pepper, and water chestnuts for bamboo shoots (0 carb, 0 calories). It is VERY good and filling! Please read the recipe thoroughly.

3 servings
Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey (or chicken)
8 ounces of mushrooms-chopped
1/2 cup of green onions-thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper-chopped
1 orange bell pepper-chopped (instead of carrots)
8 ounces of bamboo shoots-drained and rinsed, chopped (Asian section-instead of water chestnuts)
1 leek-white and light green parts only
1/8 cup of Asian salad dressing-whatever you can find that is 'Asiany' with no sugar and 0 or very low carbs
1/4 soy sauce
2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger or 2 tsp of ground
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp of real salt
4 tsp wok oil
2 tsp sesame oil
(Can use another high smoke point oil in place of either)
1 large head of lettuce-core removed
Now, it is VERY important you prep everything BEFORE cooking. All your veggies should be chopped as small and equal sized as possible. I have a slap chop that I use just for this purpose. The peppers you will need to chop a bit before using the Slap Chop

In a small bowl mix the sauces, ginger, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt. Set aside

Prepare all your vegetables. This should total around 6-8 cups when done. If low, add more mushrooms!

With a large wok or skillet, heat 3 tsp oil to medium-high heat. Add turkey and brown-stirring constantly. Drain if needed.

Add remaining oil vegetables and sauce, continue stirring until they are tender and sauce has been reduced. Don't walk away for even 30 seconds or it could burn, especially near the end. I can usually tell its done when I can't tell what is mushroom and what is meat AND I smell the bell peppers as cooked. The sauce won't be very thick since we can't use any thickeners, but should be about the consistency of what you poured into the vegetables (IE the moisture from the vegetables should have evaporated)

For the head of lettuce, if you can get the leaves off whole and don't mind being messy, use the leaves like taco shells. If you are like me and can't do it without ripping them and then making a mess, cut the lettuce leaves into bitesized chunks. Then when eating, stab your fork into one than scoop meat mixture onto forks and eat.

Split into 3 servings and enjoy! Each serving includes 5.3 ounces of meat and ~2 cups of vegetables + unlimited lettuce!

I give myself a portion and my hungry DH 2 portions
Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #416

S/C/G: 283/241/133

Height: 5' 3"

I've never really liked mayonnaise - grew up on Miracle Whip and have been missing that distinct zippy flavor. So here's my version of IP friendly Miracle Whip:

2 T WF mayo
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
dash stevia

Mix well.

These measurements are approximate as I haven't actually measured anything for it yet - I just mix and serve. But the flavor is remarkably similar! (Either that or I haven't had the real thing in so long my memory is just hoping!!)

Sherilyn

Old 04-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #417

S/C/G: 152.4/138/125.5

Height: 5'4-1/2"

Default Curry Sauce for Veggies

I tried this recipe with some broccoli and cauliflower last night and it was awesome!

Curry sauce for vegetables

2 Tbsp olive oil or other vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, peeled, stemmed and minced
Half inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground fenugreek
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp green curry paste, OR a pinch of cayenne
1/4 tsp salt OR 1 Tbsp soy sauce
Any veggies on the list. Broccoli is awesome because it soaks up the sauce!

1. Heat the oil on low in the 8 quart pan
2. Steam the veggies until the are al dente.
3. Turn the heat up to medium, fry the garlic and ginger in the oil until the garlic starts to brown
4. Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne if using, and stir about 30 seconds
5. Add the steamed veggies and stir to coat
6. Turn the heat down to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until the veggies are heated through. Add a sprinkle of water if the veggies are sticking
7. Add the soy sauce and toss to coat veggies
Old 04-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #418

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Default Katherine's IP Friendly Stuffed Bell Peppers

I thought I would miss the rice and cheese that is normally in this low calorie dish, but I didn't. Make sure your pepper are closer to extra large than large. This recipe will give you 5.3 ounces of meat and 2 cups of veggies. If you happen to have extra meat mixture, save while baking the peppers and serve alongside the peppers. I sometimes have to do this if my peppers are on the smaller side. This meal is extremely filling and satisfying.

3 large red bell peppers (emphasis on large)
1 pound ground turkey
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup red onion
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon real salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomato-lowest sugar content you can find
1/2 cup water
2 cups of grated cauliflower (about 3/4 of a head) grate it COLD and uncooked
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
Cheddar cheese slices (for family members not on IP.

1. Cut tops off peppers; remove seeds and membrane

2. Sprinkle the inside of the peppers (lightly) with salt

3. Preheat oven to 350. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat

4. Add onions & garlic; cook, stirring often, until soft & translucent (about 5 min). Don't let it caramelize

5. Add meat; mash it all up and cook until lightly browned/no pink

6. Add grated cauliflower, salt, pepper, tomatoes, water, rice, oregano and Worcestershire sauce

7. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.

8. Stuff peppers and add slice of cheese on top of non-ip family members (if desired)

9. Stand peppers in a baking dish or cookie sheet with sides

10 Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes

Enjoy!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:37 AM   #419

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4

I mixed together one packet of Banana pudding, 1 table spoon (or more if you like) of WF caramel sauce, 4oz of coffee, and about 6 ice cubes. I blended it and it reminded me of a caramel frappucino with a banana! I used to order those at Starbucks alll the time. Yum!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #420

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Default Thai peanut chicken stirfry

Here is what I ended up making last night:

Serves 2

Ingredients for Stir Fry:
14oz chicken
2 cups Bean sprouts
2 cups mushrooms
2 green onions, chopped
2 tsp EVOO
Sea salt
Garlic powder
Roasted sesame seeds

Sauce:
2 tbsp WF Peanut butter
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil

Cut fat from chicken, and slice chicken into bite sized pieces. Cook in stir fry pan with EVOO. As the chicken is cooking, mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. After you flip the chicken over, add mushrooms. When they're cooked to desired texture, stir in bean sprouts, green onions, and garlic powder. Cook an additional couple of minutes, until bean sprouts are soft and somewhat clear. Remove pan from heat.

Drain about half of the liquid. Stir in salt, sauce mixture, and sesame seeds. Then serve! The sauce is pretty soupy, and I end up pouring the rest over the food.

I had been in the mood for peanut noodles and chicken lately, and this definitely hit the spot! The bean sprouts make a pretty good noodle substitute, and I even ended up "drinking" the remaining sauce mixture that was at the bottom of my bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpair View Post
I mixed together one packet of Banana pudding, 1 table spoon (or more if you like) of WF caramel sauce, 4oz of coffee, and about 6 ice cubes. I blended it and it reminded me of a caramel frappucino with a banana! I used to order those at Starbucks alll the time. Yum!
I should've done this with my banana pudding. I tried it for the first time yesterday and hated it. I added some WF peanut butter and chocolate syrup to make it only barely palatable.

125 is no longer my goal weight from what my body is telling me. But I am extremely happy with my weight, my appearance, and my inches now, and that's the important part! (AND that I'm so much healthier than I was before IP).
Closed Thread