3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2011, 01:07 AM   #481
emh
Member
 
emh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Saskatoon, SK., CANADA
Posts: 63

Height: 5'2"

Default

bump
__________________
Elizabeth

One for every 5lbs GONE-NEVER EVER to be SEEN AGAIN




TOTAL INCHES LOST: 48.5
emh is offline  
Old 06-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #482
Started IP 2/25/2011...
 
Pxlkitty4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3853N 7707W
Posts: 1,289

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default

Mexican veggie burger lettuce wraps. Uses soy patty (unrestricted).

Take 6-10 big basil leaves and a handful of fresh parsley. Put in mini food processor and chop. Add dry soy patty mix and chop again. Add 1.5 Tablespoons Walden Farms Chipotle Ranch dressing, chop... Let sit one minute. Add some additional water if necessary to blend the rest of the product. Put mixture into heated frying pan. Break up the mixture into small chunks as it cooks... Serve on romaine lettuce leaves with additional WF Chipotle Ranch as topping.
__________________
See mini goal album for weekly weight losses.




Mini-goals:
180s 4/4 ~ 170s 5/2 ~ 160s 5/30 ~ 150s 7/11 ~ 140s 8/15 ~ Goal 9/16 ~
Maintenance! 10/6

Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-pictures.html

If I do what I have always done, I will look like I have always looked and weigh what I have always weighed...
This diet/protocol/way of life that we call IP is a way out... if you let it be.
Pxlkitty4 is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #483
Junior Member
 
pjgibson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12

S/C/G: 233/222/170

Height: 5'8"

Question Soda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdling View Post
IP company rep indicated that Stevia sweetened soda are ok but use sparingly as to not encourage continued affinity for sweet tasting beverages over water.
Does anyone know any soda that is sweetened with Stevia
pjgibson is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #484
I know I can
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 394

Default

Go to Amazon.com and type in Zevia. There are a lot of different flavors of soda.
Watkat is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #485
Senior Member
 
maykatcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans
Posts: 344

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watkat View Post
jennydoodle's pudding cake recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a blender, combine (2) egg whites, (1) t. vanilla and 2 oz. of water. Blend well
-Pour liquid contents into a bowl, and gently fold in pudding packet. I usually add a little powder, mix it up, add a little more, etc... The final result is a "batter" similar to brownies. And yes, I lick the bowl and spoon
-To bake, I use (2) small corning ware dishes, you could also make them in a muffin tin, and divide them into (3) equal muffins. I spray the bottom of the dish with Pam so the cakes won't stick.

The cakes will get VERY large while baking, and will deflate when cooling. If you put too much batter into a small baking dish, your cakes will literally explode in the oven. It is VERY important to only fill the baking dish or muffin tin 1/2 way. Which is why you will get 2 small cakes or 3 muffins.

-Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes. Let cool and enjoy a mini cake.

(2) notes:
1). I have only tried this with Lemon, Butterscotch and Vanilla puddings. They have all turned out excellect! I haven't tried with Chocolate because I don't really care for the chocolate pudding, it is very chalky to me.
2). If you are making the cakes in a muffin tin, fill the empty muffin "holes" with water so that the cakes bake evenly.
Sounds like a 4th of July celebration to me! Smile. I'm gonna try the Vanilla Pudding tonight... Thanks so much for the recipe. Smile.
__________________
For Every 5 Pounds OFF! Smile.



Last edited by maykatcooper; 07-04-2011 at 08:20 PM.
maykatcooper is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #486
I know I can
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 394

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Hi All,
I wanted to post this in a separate thread instead of the recipe thread because I don't know how many people go into that thread on a daily basis. Anyway, here is a recipe that my counselor gave me to make the IP puddings into little cakes! They are awesome!


-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a blender, combine (2) egg whites, (1) t. vanilla and 2 oz. of water. Blend well
-Pour liquid contents into a bowl, and gently fold in pudding packet. I usually add a little powder, mix it up, add a little more, etc... The final result is a "batter" similar to brownies. And yes, I lick the bowl and spoon
-To bake, I use (2) small corning ware dishes, you could also make them in a muffin tin, and divide them into (3) equal muffins. I spray the bottom of the dish with Pam so the cakes won't stick.

The cakes will get VERY large while baking, and will deflate when cooling. If you put too much batter into a small baking dish, your cakes will literally explode in the oven. It is VERY important to only fill the baking dish or muffin tin 1/2 way. Which is why you will get 2 small cakes or 3 muffins.

-Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes. Let cool and enjoy a mini cake.

(2) notes:
1). I have only tried this with Lemon, Butterscotch and Vanilla puddings. They have all turned out excellect! I haven't tried with Chocolate because I don't really care for the chocolate pudding, it is very chalky to me.
2). If you are making the cakes in a muffin tin, fill the empty muffin "holes" with water so that the cakes bake evenly.
Here is jennydoodle's FAMOUS pudding cake recipe!! Enjoy!
Watkat is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #487
Senior Member
 
maykatcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans
Posts: 344

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default

I did make the Blueberry Souffle using the same recipe and the Blueberry Pudding. It was a slightly different texture than mousse but still quite a great snack! I topped it with a little of the WF Blueberry Fruit Spread.

I planned on trying the Dark Chocolate Pudding for the 4th with our kids but we ended up leaving (Dave got called back to work). I think I'll try that tonight and see if it is any good. I'll let you know... Smile.

BTW, which of the pudding cake flavors do you like the most?
__________________
For Every 5 Pounds OFF! Smile.



Last edited by maykatcooper; 07-05-2011 at 11:16 PM.
maykatcooper is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #488
Senior Member
 
maykatcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans
Posts: 344

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
To those of you who are missing alcool, and a drink or two, I've done something great when everyone around me is partying and I can't have a drink.
___________________
Mojito Cocktail:
1 cup of Perrier
1 cup of Tap water
Sprinkle splenda to taste
3-4 leafs of fresh mint
1 splash of Mint Extract
3 splash of Rhum Extract
Lemon juice

Mix all this together with ice. This really taste like a mojito!

___________
Bananas Mamas Cocktail:

2 splash of banana extract
1 splash of coconut extract
1 splash of rhum extract
2-3 lemon slice
1 cup Perrier
1 cup tap water (well you can only put Perrier if you want)

Mix all this together with crushed ice, add splenda if you want, and it taste like Bahamas!!
___

All those extract are in the cake section of the grocery store. Mine are from club house I don't think they have some calories or carbs.. The ingredients are water, propylene glycol, alcohol and artificial flavour. I think that it's allright.. anyway, it's better than cheating!!
Has anyone looked into this any further to know whether or not this would be a free and viable option?

...and what is the "rule" on seltzer water and/or Perrier? Are these replacements for our water requirements?
__________________
For Every 5 Pounds OFF! Smile.



Last edited by maykatcooper; 07-05-2011 at 09:10 PM.
maykatcooper is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #489
I know I can
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 394

Default

According to fitday.com carbonated water nutrition info:
Nutrition Facts

Amount Per 1 fl oz
Calories 0
Calories from Fat 0

% Daily Value *

Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 4.8mg 0%
Potassium 0.6mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 0.03g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 0g 0%
Alcohol 0g
Vitamin A 0 % Vitamin C 0 %
Calcium 0 % Iron 0 %
Vitamin D 0 % Vitamin E 0 %
Thiamin 0 % Riboflavin 0 %
Vitamin B-6 0 % Vitamin B-12 0 %
Phosphorus 0 % Magnesium 0 %
Zinc 0 % Copper 0 %

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Watkat is offline  
Old 07-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #490
Senior Member
 
maykatcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans
Posts: 344

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Hi Gail I make peanut satay with the peanut spread. chop up small green onions put with a teaspoon of splenda and dried chilies. It should get kind of soupy and moist. Put in a pan with about 2 tblsp peanut spread and melt together then add about 1/2 cup chicken both, the peanut mixture will look like it curdled but keep stirring it will come back together, when it is thick enough add about 2 tsp soya sauce. I have this with chicken and cauliflower rice or a thai pizza. or just a dipping sauce. For the mayo I make a caesar salad dressing, 3 cloves garlic, 1/2 jar mayo, 2 tbsp dyjon mustard, 2 tsp worshestersauce, 1 tsp splenda and mix in a food processor. You can adjust for your tastes but I really like it for my salad as I too couldn't eat the mayo. Enjoy
This sounds so good. I've been craving anything with peanut butter flavor but don't want to have to turn to a protein bar to satisfy. This is such a great idea...

Also, your caesar dressing as well as mine (I've made since Feb 1 until last week) call for dijon mustard. I don't know why it took me so long to notice buy my dijon has sugar listed in the ingreds! EEEEEKKK!!! Have you found a dijon that doesn't have sugar? I know I could use dry mustard but love the dijon flavor. Sigh.
__________________
For Every 5 Pounds OFF! Smile.


maykatcooper is offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #491
Re-started IP 9.7.11
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 2,589

Height: 5' 4"

Default Cola

This is from today's NYTimes. With a sugar substitute. . . ?

Cola Syrup

Adapted from Brooklyn Farmacy & Soda Fountain, Brooklyn
Enlarge This Image

Phil Kline for The New York Times

For Soda, the Genie Is Out of the Bottle (July 6, 2011)
Time: 50 minutes


Grated zest of 2 medium oranges
Grated zest of 1 large lime
Grated zest of 1 large lemon
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, preferably freshly grated
1 star anise, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
2 teaspoons minced ginger
1 one-and-a-half-inch piece vanilla bean, split
1/4 teaspoon citric acid (available at health food stores, or canning supply stores or kingarthurflour.com)
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon (packed) light brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon caramel color powder, optional (available at kingarthurflour.com).



1. In a heavy pot over medium heat, bring 2 cups water to a simmer with the zests, cinnamon, nutmeg, star anise, lavender, ginger, vanilla and citric acid. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
2. In a food processor, whirl the sugars together for one minute (this will help them dissolve), then transfer to a large bowl. If using caramel color, sprinkle it over the sugar.
3. Line a sieve or colander with a double thickness of cheesecloth and place over the bowl. Pour the contents of the pot through the sieve. Carefully gather up the corners of the cheesecloth and twist the top to close. Use a spoon to press the bundle against the sieve, squeezing out all the flavorful liquid.
4. Stir the syrup and let cool, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves, about 15 minutes. Transfer to containers and keep refrigerated. To make a soda, pour 1/4 cup syrup over ice and add 1 cup seltzer. Stir.
Yield: About 3 cups syrup.
__________________
Linden is offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #492
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
This sounds so good. I've been craving anything with peanut butter flavor but don't want to have to turn to a protein bar to satisfy. This is such a great idea...

Also, your caesar dressing as well as mine (I've made since Feb 1 until last week) call for dijon mustard. I don't know why it took me so long to notice buy my dijon has sugar listed in the ingreds! EEEEEKKK!!! Have you found a dijon that doesn't have sugar? I know I could use dry mustard but love the dijon flavor. Sigh.
Yes there are some that don't have sugar, my problem is finding the mustard with the nutritional facts on it.. French's in canada just has if you want the nutritional info call or go to this website...well when you are standing in the mustard isle deciding what to buy that sure doesn't do it for me. I also make a mustard sauce with dry mustard you might want to try. 1 cup water, 3/4 cup vinegar, 3 tablespoons dry mustard, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and I have replace 1/2 cup sugar for about 1/4 cup splenda bring to a boil and it will thicken up I use it on Ham... it is so yummy... Thai chicken pizza is my favorite and with the peanut sauce and fresh bean sprouts on top you don't even miss that there is no cheese...might have to make that this weekend..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
This is from today's NYTimes. With a sugar substitute. . . ?

Cola Syrup

Adapted from Brooklyn Farmacy & Soda Fountain, Brooklyn
Enlarge This Image

Phil Kline for The New York Times

For Soda, the Genie Is Out of the Bottle (July 6, 2011)
Time: 50 minutes


Grated zest of 2 medium oranges
Grated zest of 1 large lime
Grated zest of 1 large lemon
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, preferably freshly grated
1 star anise, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
2 teaspoons minced ginger
1 one-and-a-half-inch piece vanilla bean, split
1/4 teaspoon citric acid (available at health food stores, or canning supply stores or kingarthurflour.com)
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon (packed) light brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon caramel color powder, optional (available at kingarthurflour.com).



1. In a heavy pot over medium heat, bring 2 cups water to a simmer with the zests, cinnamon, nutmeg, star anise, lavender, ginger, vanilla and citric acid. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
2. In a food processor, whirl the sugars together for one minute (this will help them dissolve), then transfer to a large bowl. If using caramel color, sprinkle it over the sugar.
3. Line a sieve or colander with a double thickness of cheesecloth and place over the bowl. Pour the contents of the pot through the sieve. Carefully gather up the corners of the cheesecloth and twist the top to close. Use a spoon to press the bundle against the sieve, squeezing out all the flavorful liquid.
4. Stir the syrup and let cool, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves, about 15 minutes. Transfer to containers and keep refrigerated. To make a soda, pour 1/4 cup syrup over ice and add 1 cup seltzer. Stir.
Yield: About 3 cups syrup.
Hmmmm I wonder if you can make this with splenda... I must admit I do miss the taste of coke. and Perrier water... omg tastes like drinking salt water to me... and when it is flavored salt water totally bad.
__________________
maintenance since Nov 15

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #493
Re-started IP 9.7.11
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 2,589

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post

Hmmmm I wonder if you can make this with splenda... I must admit I do miss the taste of coke.
I would think so, as well as stevia or one of its more easily dissolved variants, like Stevita, plus water. Back when you could buy coke syrup in a drug store you just added the syrup to water.
__________________
Linden is offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #494
Senior Member
 
maykatcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans
Posts: 344

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Taco Pizza

Crust - mix one IP Crepe packet with 1/4 tsp baking soda and add water to a thick dough. Bake for 10 mins at 350F. Flip over and cover with WF thick and spicy BBQ sauce. Then add filling

Filling
brown hamburger(chicken or turkey works good too)
add 1/4 cup of celery chopped and 1/4 cup onions to browned meat
add 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chipotle spice, 1 tsp onion powder, sea salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/4 cup water and simmer until water is gone.

Put filling on top of dough, add sliced mushrooms, chopped cilantro, diced red peppers.

Put in oven for 10 minutes at 350f then put under broiler approx 5 min.

Serve with Tomatillo salsa, recipe to follow.

I had this for supper and it was very filling and I really liked it would do again.

Mercy 2RIDERROLLERCOAST, you have some amazing ideas! I would like to try the Chicken Pizza but am wondering is this the recipe you are using but with the Chicken. Sometime I am a big picture girl and miss the details... or get lost in them. Sigh. I went back to your post on the Peanut Satay (is the ingredient in your recipe chicken broth (it says both)?) and am having trouble mentally putting the Taco and Satay flavors together. Would you mind sort of walking me through it? Thanks...

Also, I have found a brown mustard with horseradish that I've been using. It doesn't have sugar and both my husband and myself like horse radish. Perrier... sometimes I love it and the other times I hate it! LOL! I guess I'm fickle.

The cola syrup is such a great idea but are we OK with Orange Zest? I do use lemons and limes often but am not sure about the orange.

I sounds like I'm gonna have a day of cooking! YAY! I LOVE to cook and really appreciate all the FANTASTIC ideas you girls and guy are coming up with. Thanks so much. Kathy

PS... I am admitting to a major cheat this past Sunday. I won't go into details but must have been hitting ketosis last night... The taste in my mouth was so acrid (sweet, metallic) and I was wakened way too early this morning with one banging, blasting headache. Finally got up and had coffee, my Wildberry Shake and a pickle handy. It is under control now with no meds but still feels a little funky!

The moral of the story is, for all you newbies and oldies alike, yes it can hurt to get into ketosis. Don't cheat unless you want to feel it again. Yes, I will feel FANTASTIC tomorrow with tons of energy and no pain and no hunger to speak of. WOW I LOVE THIS DIET! 5 mos in and 45 pounds down... I want to be on the final roll now to goal... another 23 pounds and WHOOHOO! I can do this!
__________________
For Every 5 Pounds OFF! Smile.


maykatcooper is offline  
Old 07-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #495
start IP Feb 8 2011
 
2RIDEROLLERCOAST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,527

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Mercy 2RIDERROLLERCOAST, you have some amazing ideas! I would like to try the Chicken Pizza but am wondering is this the recipe you are using but with the Chicken. Sometime I am a big picture girl and miss the details... or get lost in them. Sigh. I went back to your post on the Peanut Satay (is the ingredient in your recipe chicken broth (it says both)?) and am having trouble mentally putting the Taco and Satay flavors together. Would you mind sort of walking me through it? Thanks...

Also, I have found a brown mustard with horseradish that I've been using. It doesn't have sugar and both my husband and myself like horse radish. Perrier... sometimes I love it and the other times I hate it! LOL! I guess I'm fickle.

The cola syrup is such a great idea but are we OK with Orange Zest? I do use lemons and limes often but am not sure about the orange.

I sounds like I'm gonna have a day of cooking! YAY! I LOVE to cook and really appreciate all the FANTASTIC ideas you girls and guy are coming up with. Thanks so much. Kathy

PS... I am admitting to a major cheat this past Sunday. I won't go into details but must have been hitting ketosis last night... The taste in my mouth was so acrid (sweet, metallic) and I was wakened way too early this morning with one banging, blasting headache. Finally got up and had coffee, my Wildberry Shake and a pickle handy. It is under control now with no meds but still feels a little funky!

The moral of the story is, for all you newbies and oldies alike, yes it can hurt to get into ketosis. Don't cheat unless you want to feel it again. Yes, I will feel FANTASTIC tomorrow with tons of energy and no pain and no hunger to speak of. WOW I LOVE THIS DIET! 5 mos in and 45 pounds down... I want to be on the final roll now to goal... another 23 pounds and WHOOHOO! I can do this!
OH I guess I will have to go back and edit. Thanks. Okay so I make both a Thai Chicken Pizza with peanut satay sauce, and I make a Taco Chicken Pizza with a Cilantro pesto sauce.

For The peanut satay sauce, you are just making the sauce so you use the chicken broth and then it will thicken to a sauce when cooled. Then as the base of the pizza you put the sauce on the crepe pizza shell, and then pieces of cooked chicken, and then add green onions and bean sprouts.
The taco pizza I make a cilantro sauce by pureeing 3 bunches of cilantro, about 4 cloves garlic, 2 tsp splenda, 2 tsp olive oil, lime juice, sea salt, chili powder or cayanne powder, or fresh jalepeno pepper. Adjust to your taste.
That is the sauce on the bottom then I make either beef or chicken meat by frying with leeks and chili powder, cumin, cayanne pepper add a little water so it cooks all the flavors together. Cool a bit, then put on the cilantro sauce. top with sweet peppers and onions, then when it comes out I like to chop lettuce up fine and tomatoes and put on top of pizza... presto Taco Pizza. making me hungry for pizza again... Hope you enjoy... ps going back to edit recipe now.
__________________
maintenance since Nov 15

progress pics updated Dec 8
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-new-post.html
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ideal Protein Diet - Recipes Leenie Ideal Protein Diet 535 03-04-2010 10:02 AM
Ideal Protein Diet Chat - December 09 / January 2010 Leenie Ideal Protein Diet 786 01-22-2010 06:16 PM
Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009 torchlaker Ideal Protein Diet 587 12-01-2009 01:43 PM
Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat, October 2009 Leenie Ideal Protein Diet 299 11-01-2009 09:38 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2