3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - December Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/187292-ideal-protein-diet-december-chat.html)

Ogdog13 12-14-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elishatamar (Post 3047188)
Restricted items: all bars/ soya items / hearty stew / chili / spaghetti... am I leaving anything out?

Don't forget Oatmeal and Pancakes and the salt/vinegar chips.

Ogdog13 12-14-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3047197)
The bars,chili,crepes,stew and spaghetti are. Go to the I.P. f.a.q.s. On the first page is posted Nutritional info about the packs. It lists which products are once a day and which are twice a week.

Crepes shouldn't be on the list should they Echobaby? Crepes are mainly eggs, milk, flour (in IPs case, eggs, whey protein, milk isolate and probably almond flour).

holly jo 12-14-2009 03:41 PM

Ok sweet, thank you! I haven't had any of those cause my diet coach hasnt given me those options. Probably for the best.

Mom22 12-14-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogdog13 (Post 3047219)
Crepes shouldn't be on the list should they Echobaby? Crepes are mainly eggs, milk, flour (in IPs case, eggs, whey protein, milk isolate and probably almond flour).

far as i know, crepes are also restricted. you can have only have one restricted/day.

echobaby 12-14-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogdog13 (Post 3047219)

yep, I just checked the Nutritional info sheet. They have 14 carbs. Have you ever made the chili and the beans weren't hard? Maybe if I boiled it in a pot for 20 minutes.

Ogdog13 12-14-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3047232)
yep, I just checked the Nutritional info sheet. They have 14 carbs. Have you ever made the chili and the beans weren't hard? Maybe if I boiled it in a pot for 20 minutes.

14 carbs, definitely are restricted...but I'm telling you they aren't on my list. LOL.

Do you mean that the beans are still hard? I nuke my chili for 2 mins then let it sit for 5. I know that TSP (textured soy protein) alone takes a little to soak up the juice. Anyway, those 5 mins do the trick.

MeghanO 12-14-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holly jo (Post 3047167)
Today has been a great day! I put my jeans on today with ease, no shimmy or sucking my stomach in. ha... I decided to weigh myself early and have lost 3lbs. this week already, bringing my total to 12lbs. YAY!
I was curious what the restricted packs are? I have only been given the drinks, puddings, soups, and omelets so far. Are any of those restricted?

Holly that is because our coach would prefer that we didn't have the restricted packets till after week 3 for the best results. I am on week 6 & still have not had them because I struggle with keeping my carbs between 20-25 everyday. But the restricted items are as follows...
Any of the bars, pancakes, crepes, muffin, nuts, puffs, oatmeal, chili, stew & spaghetti.

I actually have not even wanted those yet, I am liking most of the other food!

Good Luck! Meghan

MeghanO 12-14-2009 04:36 PM

Had a GOOD problem over the weekend. I have finally SHRUNK out of the
14's into 12's. THe problem wasn't that I didn't have 12's because I have tons of those because I kept saying I am not going to get any bigger only to get BIGGER & BIGGER. But my problem is that none were hanging in the closet yet & I didn't know what went with what anymore, so I had to try on numerous outfits yesterday to go to church & most of them were to BIG!

And I LOVED writting SHRUNK instead of grew out of!

Meghan

torchlaker 12-14-2009 05:05 PM

SylviaG - I wondered what happened to you! Now I know...you literally disappeared! Congrats girl! You done good! Have you gone thru all the phases? Are you our first "graduate?"

OptiChick - I hope you found an answer to your question. At the beginning, I think they told me to take Citrate of Magnesium or something. Heck, whatever they gave me for the colonoscopy last night sure worked! I weighed 3# less on my scale today! Usually, if I hadn't gone in a week (honest...I went that long at first), I would resort to a laxative but I hated taking them! I am still playing around with finding the right thing to move things along....

Well, ok -- the colonoscopy is done. Glad that only comes every 5 years. All was well, except they did discover diverticulitis. The one thing that helps that, I guess....is MORE fiber. But I think it does answer a lot of questions for me.....especially when I would run a fever every once in awhile...sometimes twice a week or so. I will have to talk to the doctor to see what she recommends.

Maja....I have been thinking about you. Before I started IP, I did a lot of research on it....not only that -- I started giving up things I knew I would have to give up if I went on IP (i.e., orange juice, ice cream, toast, Rice Krispie squares (my favorite breakfast) -- I also had to be in the right "mindset" because IP is NOT easy (you can see by our struggles in past posts). I ended up losing 8# just the month of August by giving up these things. By the time Sept.9 rolled around, I knew I had the right mindset...I knew what I was getting into - both foodwise and financially. There were NO surprises (well, the weight consistently coming off was a surprise). I was on this forum before I ever started IP...asking questions. I only saw one large weight loss and of course, that was my first week. After that, it ranged from 1# to 3#. But I felt like the "little engine that could." I kept chugging away. Or maybe I felt like the tortoise and the hare. It was slow...but I was getting there. I would hate to see you quit because I KNOW this works. The holidays are gonna be tough (ask poor "hungover" Lilta....lol!!). We just have to hang tough...ANYONE on ANY diet is gonna have a hard time thru the holidays! I can tell you right now that I am enjoying the compliments...can't wait to surprise my family next week....it is worth it...honest!

HollyJo - way to go!! (it rhymes!!) I totally KNOW the feeling of searching thru the closet trying to figure out what the heck you are gonna wear NOW. I figure Lilita is gonna come up and go clothes shopping with me (I will just sit in the car cuz I hate to shop.....and let her go pick out the clothes!! Then I will take her out to lunch for a salad -- lol!!)

So - I need to ask you Canadian gals a question!! Muckalucks? I am a foot deep in snow here....the icicles go from the rooftop to the ground! Do any of you wear Muckalucks? I saw them for the first time here in Michigan last week....Can you wear them outside? (I am SOoooooo cold). If so, doesn't the "sweater" part get wet?

I kept teasing my neighbor to drive me to my doctors office this morning after the colonoscopy so I could weigh in....but she said I kept falling asleep on the way home!! (Boy, that is a nice drug they give you, huh??)

Maia 12-14-2009 05:32 PM

Thanks, torchlaker. I woke up with renewed resolve today. Turns out it was very much cycle-related. I was down another pound. I would probably be down more, had I not cheated yesterday. However, it was MUCH easier to stay on task at the holiday party today, since I felt like I was again making progress. Emotionally, it wasn't the "not losing" part that got me, it was the "GAINING" part. I will just have to not weigh that entire week when this comes up again, I think.

My coach, by the way, did talk about restricted packets, but said since I had so little to lose, I probably didn't need to watch them. So, I am just going to do a little better about spacing out any restricted packets.

OptiChick: I take a tablespoon of Calcium Magnesium Citrate in my herbal tea every morning and that helps keep things moving. My coach recommended 2 tablespoons, but I don't feel like I need that much. It is kind of thick and you can get them in different flavors (I like raspberry), but it is not unpleasant. Kinda pricey, though.

Optichick1 12-14-2009 05:42 PM

Thanks so much for the help, everyone. I think the magnesium citrate is what my coach told me. I'd call her but she is still out of town. I'm going to get some right after work!!! Hope it works...keep your fingers crossed! :)

ottawa 12-14-2009 06:20 PM

Torchlaker: glad to hear that things went farily well with your procedure today and that diverticulitis appears to be manageable with fiber. I am so excited for you to see your family and them to see the "new butterfly you"!!!!
Strangely no one at work let alone anywhere else, except for my sister-in-law and one person at work who knows I am on the diet, has said a word to me about losing this weight!! Kinda hard on the ego but when I thought about it, I did this for myself and my boyfriend (weird to say that at my age).

OgDog - what kind of sugar free pudding did you use in your protein shake and where did you get them? So far, here in Ottawa I can only find "fat free" puddings.

Maia: glad to hear that things have been working out for you!!!! Stick with it and you will be pleased in the long run!!!

Anybody have any idea what happened to Coolbreeze? I have not seen a post from her in a long time!!!

saraj1022 12-14-2009 06:51 PM

Warning Big Fat Warning Warning...lol

saraj1022 12-14-2009 06:53 PM

Warning Big Fat Warning Warning...lol.
my doctor warned me that ideal protein makes the pill less effective...I use the nuvaring but hadnt had it in because i was told by my other doctor to give my body a break...soooo our alternative protection broke so picked i up plan b...forgetting that it too would also be less effctive and well..you get the drift... BE CAREFUL. or hey if you are trying perfect time

echobaby 12-14-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maia (Post 3047367)
Thanks, torchlaker. I woke up with renewed resolve today. Turns out it was very much cycle-related. I was down another pound. I would probably be down more, had I not cheated yesterday. However, it was MUCH easier to stay on task at the holiday party today, since I felt like I was again making progress. Emotionally, it wasn't the "not losing" part that got me, it was the "GAINING" part. I will just have to not weigh that entire week when this comes up again, I think.

My coach, by the way, did talk about restricted packets, but said since I had so little to lose, I probably didn't need to watch them. So, I am just going to do a little better about spacing out any restricted packets.

OptiChick: I take a tablespoon of Calcium Magnesium Citrate in my herbal tea every morning and that helps keep things moving. My coach recommended 2 tablespoons, but I don't feel like I need that much. It is kind of thick and you can get them in different flavors (I like raspberry), but it is not unpleasant. Kinda pricey, though.

Hey, you cheated and STILL lost a pound. That means you are probably down 3-5 lbs., as carbs, sugar being the worst culprit, require a WHOLE lot of water weight to proccess. High five. Keep the faith, you'll not be disappointed.

Also, on the cycle thing.....it happened to me in week 2 or 3, and after being so discouraged, I have vowed to not weigh at all during my cycle. Just negative input.

Sarahj, if you have a baby you have to name it Torchlaker! That's kinda cool..

echobaby 12-14-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogdog13 (Post 3047239)
14 carbs, definitely are restricted...but I'm telling you they aren't on my list. LOL.

Do you mean that the beans are still hard? I nuke my chili for 2 mins then let it sit for 5. I know that TSP (textured soy protein) alone takes a little to soak up the juice. Anyway, those 5 mins do the trick.

will try. Thanks.

torchlaker 12-15-2009 01:03 AM

Saraj - so does this mean you are pregnant? Or just "maybe" pregnant? Nawww...don't name the baby TorchLaker....he will get laughed at in school. (but my name is Denise....if it is a girl....lol).

Echobaby - you are so funny. You always make me laugh!! I think it is good that you show your weekly weight loss....you can be like me...the tortoise and the hare! You are consistent (along with being funny).

Ottawa - I can't wait to see my family...altho I am starting to stress about the drive. Snow is forecasted every darn day this week. I am thinking of moving the drive to Thursday...and kinda take it easy on Wednesday. I ended up having a panic attack tonight...and haven't had one in a few weeks. Did I mention I HATE to drive???

Maia - when is your weighin? Maybe we are just stressing out too much about things?

I think the holidays bring out stress - regardless. It can be a good stress. I am trying to focus on the fact that holidays are the times to be together. It certainly would have been helpful if my hubby would have passed AFTER the holidays. Tonight, while wrapping presents, I got kinda down. Eddie used to wrap the presents...I used to buy or make them. I hate to wrap! I guess I was thinking of Christmases past when we did all this together (perhaps that is the reason for the panic attack). I swear, if there had been anything "illegal" in the house, I would have eaten it (or drank it). Since I live alone, I got rid of all that stuff when I went on IP.

Well, it is nearly 1am.....I think the "alien" in my belly (geez, he made a lot of racket - even the dog kept lifting her ears and looking at my stomach) has finally settled down. The presents are wrapped.....Snow is falling lightly (NOT so pretty now...I want it to stop so I have an easier drive). Hoping tomorrow (well, today) is an easier day for all of us.

Yeah...CoolBreeze hasn't been on....Haven't heard from Mirazon in awhile....Glad we heard from 20bydec.....Hey Ottawa -- what about those muckalucks? (figured the gals in CA would NEVER have a need for them).

ottawa 12-15-2009 08:06 AM

Torchlaker: In regards to your drive, you have to remember that it is a new stronger you now and that the drive is not going to get the best of you!!! Take your time, stop often and remember that at the end of the drive is your family waiting to be introduced to the "new stronger you"!!!
In regards to the Mukluks, I have recently seen some with the material but never tried them so I have no idea what they would be like. The mukluks that I know of are made by our native Indians/Eskimos and are made out of either deer or moose hide and sometimes have fur around the calves and beautiful bead work!!! They last for years and are very comfortable.

Echobaby always puts a smile on my face and it is a welcome thing especially on the days when I am a bit down!!!

Saraj: so what is the answer? Are you expecting, maybe expecting or just issuing a warning for others?

I have made it to 25 pounds lost and have approx 6.5 pounds to go to my goal. I suppose I should start on the next phase soon but for some reason, maybe the pending holiday season which means lots of treats and good fattening food around has made me leary of moving from Phase 1. In all reality I would be pleased with the weight I am at, as I am a large framed woman and this is a good weight for me but I think I will continue to 155 to have some playing around room. Maybe I am just lazy and like not having to think about and plan all my meals!!!

saraj1022 12-15-2009 08:58 AM

expecting..and its a warning. I weigh in today, ill have to take my after photo...so i can come in in 9 months and take another before...fudgsicle

PRINCASS 12-15-2009 09:31 AM

I cheated too!!

I woke up extra early to catch up on all the weekend posts! Wow, 2 hrs and I'm finally done. Some wonderful suggestions and great stories. Thank you all.

So about my cheat: After a fun night of drinking and a horrilbe morning of recovery, I feel like I've learned my lesson. Alcohol is not healthy!! LOL :D

I weigh-in Friday and I'm hoping that the drinking doesen't affect my losses. Over the weekend I weighed myself and actually seen 207 but I think the hangover had something to do with it! :dizzy:

@Torchlake-I agree, driving sucks!! :hug: Ecspecially alone and 8 hrs. But like ottawa said just think of the "new stronger you". I wish you lots of luck. I hope the weather is calm and NO snow!!

@SylviaG Wow!! You did it!! Congrats! You look wonderful and I bet you feel good to. Best of luck on your maintences stages.

@MeghanO-Nice shrinking!! I wish I would have been told to stay away from the restricted packets up front. I was only told that the chili/stew was twice a week but all the other higher carbs could be used once daily. I see that NO restricts are really working for you. Keep up the wonderful work.

This weekend I went through my closet looking for clothes to wear to the party and found that ALL my clothes fit or are almost too loose and look horrible. Oh, and I was able to put on a pair of jeans that I wore 8 yrs ago ...before my son! (not saying I didn't have the muffin-top going on but stilll they went on!!)
I also went to Vanity which generally carries size 0 clothes I was able to come across 2 -xl shirts that fit me well. Rewarding!!

Cheers to all the little rewards!! I'm so thankful for you all!!
:carrot:

Ogdog13 12-15-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawa (Post 3047422)
OgDog - what kind of sugar free pudding did you use in your protein shake and where did you get them? So far, here in Ottawa I can only find "fat free" puddings.

I use plain old Jell-O Gelatin SF/FF chocolae pudding which I get in a Giant supermarket. If you aren't finding it in your grocery store possibly see if you can order it online anywhere?!!

Ogdog13 12-15-2009 09:43 AM

Well y'all, since everybody is being honest, I cheated this weekend. Not bad, but not good. Had a date and we went out to eat and sort of followed the diet...except for the fries that came with the meal, and I haven't had fries for a while now darn it. AND, had wine. Lots of wine. And yes, felt the effects of it a lot faster like y'all...haha. Then blew it the next day by having ravioli, yes, chef-boy-r-dee ravioli. Hit the spot but man those carbs. AND ate 2 chocolate caramel bars. I have my weigh in tonight, and am trying not to get my hopes up....I FIT INTO MY SIZE 12 JEANS THIS MORNING. Comfortably too!!

ottawa 12-15-2009 10:31 AM

I also cheated this weekend, had an Xmas party and did really well till dessert and had a very small brownie with icing and 3-4 small chocloate petit fours (spelling?) the next day Sat. I decided i should have some of my favourite candies, fresh black jujubes. I have had approx 10 jujubes a day since. Must have developed a taste for sweet things again. Almost forgot about the good Dutch chocolate and gingerbread that I had also. This was a gift brought to me by a work colleague when he visted from Holland 3 weeks ago that I managed to not touch till this weekend.

I lost 2.8 pounds last week but am wondering what this week will bring? So I have decided to up my exercise this week to make up for it and to give the sweets a break till Xmas eve and Xmas day!!!

OgDog: thanks for the info re puddings - as I live a 1/2 hour drive from the States I think I will go over during my break between Xmas and New Years and do some shopping at the grocery store for things I cannot get here.
Congraulations on the size 12 jeans!!!!

Saving my alcohol for Xmas eve and my favourite - Grand Marnier- can anyone say LOTS and LOTS of sugar!!!!

echobaby 12-15-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saraj1022 (Post 3048023)
expecting..and its a warning. I weigh in today, ill have to take my after photo...so i can come in in 9 months and take another before...fudgsicle

Congrats Saraj!!

What's going on with all of us this week with the cheating with alcohol? Oh, well....it's the holidays! It's gonna be rough this next couple weeks.

Optichick1 12-15-2009 10:44 AM

Wow.....I can't believe I'm just now going to admit to cheating over the weekend, as well. I ate and drank terrible the whole weekend! For me, I think it was just the nasty weather...wanted comfort food and I love sitting by the fire with a glass of wine (or a few)! I didn't sit down and eat whole meals that weren't IP...I just grazed from Sat. morning until Sunday night! I was 193 on Friday morning, but by Monday morning I was 196 again. Hasn't gone back down yet, but I hope it does soon. I'm supposed to weigh today, but luckily, there isn't anyone here at work to cover for me, so I won't be able to go. Maybe by tomorrow things will look better!

Ogdog13 12-15-2009 11:02 AM

Does anyone think this cheating thing might be backlash from thanksgiving? It all seems too coincidental not to be. Okay, lets get past the cheating and back on IP dieting because we all know Xmas is just 2 weeks away (probably more cheating). AND...it doesn't sound like we all totally blew it either!! YIPPEE!!!

Ogdog13 12-15-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawa (Post 3048189)
OgDog: thanks for the info re puddings - as I live a 1/2 hour drive from the States I think I will go over during my break between Xmas and New Years and do some shopping at the grocery store for things I cannot get here.
Congraulations on the size 12 jeans!!!!

Ottowa, thanks for the congrats! And, if you take that trip and don't find it, let me know and we'll hook up offline and I'll send you a care package with some in it.

Lilita175 12-15-2009 11:20 AM

We are SUCH and awesome group of "losers and cheaters." Double LOL.

But here's the thing: we confessed and that is the key to success for some odd reason. Confess equals Success.

I used to be married to a "recovering alcoholic." (Husband no. 2 and that marriage didn't last very long because he needed too much control, not an unusual trait in a recovering alcoholic .)

I never saw him "drunk" because he had stopped drinking 10 years before I met him.

Anyway, he knew the 12-step program by heart and knew all the "catch phrases" that help addicts.

One of the phrases was "You are as sick as your secrets."

So by posting about our "secret" cheating here we are actually getting healthier and can stay "on program." Is that cool or what?

Coming here to read and post is like going to an AA meeting for carboholics. LOL.

Thanks to each and every one of you. And congratulations to Miss Preggers, SaraJ.

Torchlaker, Go Slow and play some Christmas music on your drive and go ahead and cry if you need to. I know in my heart that Eddie is with you and in some ways Christmas is actually a good time to remember all those details about "Life With Eddie." Somehow the sentimentality of the season and remembering our loved ones that have "passed on" go together.

Okay, I'm about to start crying but I will NOT have an alcoholic drink.

I have to go to work soon (12 noon to 1230 A.M in the ER dealing with drunk patients..... bwaahaaahaaaa)

Ogdog13 12-15-2009 11:24 AM

Well said Lilita! <big smiles :D>

Lilita175 12-15-2009 11:32 AM

P.S. Notice that I said "recovering" not "recovered" alcholic.

We will never be "recovered" carboholics! We will always have to watch the carb. intake for the rest of our lives!

I have mentioned before that I am 56 and I am so "done" with carb. binging.

I had my fling with it over the past decades and look where it got me.

You know what I'm talking about. Eating the "whole" thing whether it's a half-pie in the fridge, a half-gallon of ice cream.

A birthday cake you made for "someone else" and they only ate one piece so the rest if for you.
The "rest" of the pizza sitting on the table after everyone else walks away from it.

"One more" cookie after you already had 2.

People, those urges will never end. I have accepted that. For the rest of my life I will have to fight those old urges/bad habits.

Gee, I thought I was done posting. Thanks for "listening"

torchlaker 12-15-2009 12:03 PM

Wow -- totally deep thinking here! Lilita...you never cease to amaze me. I have never heard of those catch phrases, even tho my Mom was a recovering alcoholic...I had attended AA meetings because of my fatherinlaw and my husband and AlAnon meetings because of my Mom. I especially like Confess equals Success. Where else - other than here - could we confess? If we confess to any of our friends and family -- imagine some of the backlash! Especially when we are paying big bucks to be on IP! So - after reading all of your posts -- here is what I decided. I will do the best I can do thru the holidays (remembering I am a "recovering carboholic)...but I will remember the holidays ARE the holidays and not beat myself up. I don't want any of you to beat yourself up! A lot of people are holding off until after the New Year to even start a diet...any diet...and we were strong enough to do it before! That should give us some "brownie points." I know my nurse said that they have a whole BUNCH of people starting after the holidays (hey, if it were me....I would wait to start then too....I think it is a smart move).

Confessing here....IF I had anything I could have cheated on yesterday...I would have cheated...believe me. My biggest cheat was some lowfat graham crackers (my stomach was upset and I just couldn't eat). I have to go out in this storm today to get my hair done and have my car checked over...and I am going to BUY one cheat...honest. I had such a "meltdown" about 3am this morning. I think that everything that was making me sad just hit me all at once. I had a long good cry...and finally just told myself, "It is what it is." I will say I do not FEEL like a "stronger new me" today.

BUT on the bright side....boy, if I REALLY wanted to buck this weather...I should go get weighed (doc is a half hour drive each way...so no, I am NOT bucking the storm). I show a 5# loss thru this whole colonoscopy thing (I just couldn't eat yesterday...managed to get down one bar). BUT of course, we all know that is only temporary. Still...fun to get on the scale and see it in the 140's!

Decided to hold off driving one day....the weather outside is "frightful."...plus I think I need an extra day to "get myself together." If I get everything done today, I willjust take tomorrow off and relax. Turn on the Christmas lights...put on Christmas music....maybe watch some t.v. I have been so busy the last 2 months that I haven't slowed down.

Great insights here today. I needed that. and hey....if there is no loss on the scale for some of you...so what? It is the holidays...you are doing your best...that is all any of us can expect from ourselves.

Optichick1 12-15-2009 12:25 PM

Lilita....you made me feel better and I love the term carboholic! That is exactly what I am! I'm 57 and I want to be "done" with the carb binging...but when I cheated on Sat and Sun, I grazed on a few chips, a few crackers, no potatoes or bread, but the salty carbs that I love. Oh and when the grandkids were over on Sat. I had popcorn. Oh well....this is another week! It's never hard for me to get back on program, thank goodness.

Ogdog13 12-15-2009 01:22 PM

Lilita, you are officially our motivational speaker on this forum!!

Torchlaker, how do you handle the snow? I'm here in PA and curse plain old cold weather. Haha.

Everyone, like Torchlaker said, it IS the holidays. If you are going to cheat, don't feel guilty, it comes with the territory at this time of year. Stick to the plan on the days you can and appreciate that you are able to cheat a little, and still get back on the plan. And that we have each other to "confess" to and give/recieve support.

Optichick1 12-15-2009 02:38 PM

Torchlaker, I hope you have internet access where you are going. We are going to miss you, if you don't!

Maia 12-15-2009 05:36 PM

So, what IS everyone doing about Christmas? I am hosting, so there will be some dishes that are not IP approved. I am a pretty healthy cook, so none of it will be totally out of line, but there is a soup course and a dessert. Still trying to decide if I want to do a planned cheat for that.

Also, how does IP make birth control less effective?? Just curious.

torchlaker 12-15-2009 05:50 PM

My son says both of his computers are working....but then...there are 4 people there vying for a computer. But...I think I am gonna need you guys more than you are gonna need me...believe me.

Ogdog...PA is such a beautiful state. I always loved going up to Cook Forest in the Alleghanies in the winter. Mmmmm...how do I handle the snow? Well, today....it was awful out! BUT - I was the only car on some of the roads. I don't mind the driving if I am the only car. There were a few spinouts and that starts making me nervous. I have only lived up here 4 years now...altho the winters on the east side of Cleveland were bad...this is "something else." I guess I am lucky in the fact that I am retired and most of the time, I just don't go out if it is really bad. The big difference now (from when I was a kid and lived up here) is that we NOW know when a storm is coming...we can go get food -mail - whatever before the storm.. Makes it a whole lot easier. I just got plowed so I won't be snowed in!

Lilita - the shopaholic/motivational speaker - She says it like it is, doesn't she? Great insights. Love it.

Well, I didn't pack one thing. Went up and bought myself a steak and ONE slice of pie....will I eat it? Dunno. I am kinda feeling sorry for myself today. It is my kid's birthday and he is kinda down. I always tried to make his birthday special thru the years. In 2001, my mother died the day after his birthday. He was driving thru an icestorm the day of his birthday to get up here to see her before she passed.....so he always links his birthday and Grandma's death together. I told him we would celebrate it Thursday! There should be some kinda rule that no one passes during the holidays, huh?

Well, I need to go channel my frustration somehow. A bit upset today with my hubby's family, I was married to Eddie 37 years....and yet no longer feel like I am part of "his" family...rarely hear from anyone anymore. Was going to stop and see my SIL on the way to Cleveland but she doesn't want my dog there....Oh well. It is just probably one of those days when "little things" seem like "big things" - ya know. The "little things" are bothering me today....

holly jo 12-15-2009 06:10 PM

I weigh in tomorrow and think I will have a good loss, but have been starving for 2 days and want to cheat so bad. I really want to cheat after my weigh in tomorrow. Trying to find the strength to stay on track, but it is so hard! Blah... having a bad day

Sandrab 12-15-2009 07:48 PM

hey everyone, been awhile since i posted....been a rough 2 weeks though. schedule wise, diet wise, just hectic in every way. but had weigh in tonite and lost 6lbs - however that is over a 2 week period. i did not even make my scheduled weigh in last week....felt bad about that too. i find myself wondering and worrying more about the days after IP and scared to death that if i dont continue to eat this way that my weight will return. i have been on this diet since sept 21st, so likely in a bit of a rut. i am getting tired of the packets, not going to lie about it. lately i have been craving a glass of milk. a bowl of cereal etc. i feel extremely guilty to eat that, yet i know they are perfectly healthy foods. and that worries me for after. i really started toying with the idea of switching to wieght watchers. i need to exercise, yet dont have the energy on this diet to do so. and because i am eating so few calories daily, of course the weight is coming off...but can i really eat this way continually? i know i can't. so i am questioning alot of things right now. and just vocalizing them on this site. i have good support at home, but they do kind of question why i cannot eat an apple, christmas orange, or drink a glass of milk...i know i cannot eat like i did before...but i am starting to think of going the last 20 pounds on healthy living and exercise. have not made up my mind, but am going to in the next month. so much to think about!!! looks like lots of new people on here since i last visited. i in no way intent to say this diet does not work, i know it does. i am just looking for the best method to eventually switch to a more rounded food regimen. have a good week everyone....

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-ch...7/160/182/.png

echobaby 12-15-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrab (Post 3048937)
hey everyone, been awhile since i posted....been a rough 2 weeks though. schedule wise, diet wise, just hectic in every way. but had weigh in tonite and lost 6lbs - however that is over a 2 week period. i did not even make my scheduled weigh in last week....felt bad about that too. i find myself wondering and worrying more about the days after IP and scared to death that if i dont continue to eat this way that my weight will return. i have been on this diet since sept 21st, so likely in a bit of a rut. i am getting tired of the packets, not going to lie about it. lately i have been craving a glass of milk. a bowl of cereal etc. i feel extremely guilty to eat that, yet i know they are perfectly healthy foods. and that worries me for after. i really started toying with the idea of switching to wieght watchers. i need to exercise, yet dont have the energy on this diet to do so. and because i am eating so few calories daily, of course the weight is coming off...but can i really eat this way continually? i know i can't. so i am questioning alot of things right now. and just vocalizing them on this site. i have good support at home, but they do kind of question why i cannot eat an apple, christmas orange, or drink a glass of milk...i know i cannot eat like i did before...but i am starting to think of going the last 20 pounds on healthy living and exercise. have not made up my mind, but am going to in the next month. so much to think about!!! looks like lots of new people on here since i last visited. i in no way intent to say this diet does not work, i know it does. i am just looking for the best method to eventually switch to a more rounded food regimen. have a good week everyone....

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-ch...7/160/182/.png

Ok. If you do decide to trasition to something else, I think your best bet would be to use the I.P. transitional phases before ypu do. OK, gotta go, I think my dog escaped....

20bydec 12-15-2009 10:43 PM

I made it to Phase 3!!!!
But i have a lot of questions. Anyone one phase 3? If so, can you give me a couple examples of the breakfast meals??? I'm very confused.