3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - December Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/187292-ideal-protein-diet-december-chat.html)

Lilita175 12-28-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40andrdy4chng (Post 3060114)
Hello everyone, I am going to be starting the Ideal Protien on January 4th! The kids will be back in school and the holidays over. I wanted to give myself the best possilbe start. I have never been on a forum so this is all new for me. I've enjoyed reading your victories, your tips on modifiying the foods to make them better, and your encouragment to others. I look forward to begining this new chapter in my life!

Welcome. that is a great date to start.......after the holidays. It has been a challenge to get through them! But I am going to "start fresh" right along with you.

You will be astounded by the rapid wt. loss. The first 3 days are the hardest due to hunger/lack of energy. Then ketosis kicks in and you can conquer the world. LOL

Also, getting your close family/friends to understand the diet and support you (or at least not tempt you with illegal foods) is a challenge.

It has been great wearing a smaller size (12 instead of 16) to all the parties and dinners this year compared to last!

Lilita175 12-28-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraVP (Post 3060838)
Hi everyone, I have been lurking since November, but couldn't get my account to activate til now. I started IP Dec. 8th. So far 13 pounds gone! Thank you to everyone for sharing your ideas, pitfalls, and triumphs. :) They are a great inspiration!

A while ago there was a discussion on estrogen and soy. I don't think anyone mentioned the fact that all animal products, as well as wheat, and many other healthy foods contain estrogen. Sometimes these are healthy plant estrogens, and other times (like in much of our commercial animal products) there are estrogens from hormones given to the animal, as well as xenohormones that mimic estrogen and plug into receptors, which can cause problems for us as well. You can google estrogen in food and find lists of foods that both contain and inhibit estrogen. I use natural progesterone cream to help balance out the excess estrogen I am getting in food, and try to eat more of the estrogen inhibitors like broccoli.

If anyone has any lunch ideas to make these 2 cups of veggies and lettuce more interesting, I would love to hear. That is the only tough part of the day for me. I am so bored with lunch

The last thought I would like to share with everyone, is the idea of making a list of everything that is better now in your life than it was last year at this time. I do this instead of making New Year resolutions. I have found it very empowering. It shows you how far you've come, how much you've accomplished, and leaves you feeling like you can do anything! (because you can!)

Cheers!

Welcome Laura. This is a very friendly and supportive group! Some of the "regulars" are MIA because of the holidays/vacations but I am sure they'll be back in full force in early 2010.

Regarding veggies/salads: I just love "Mom's Salad Dressing" on my cucumbers and lettuce salads. There are also tons of veggie recipes posted by Ogdog, our resident chef.

Go to the Ideal Protein recipe thread which is listed above the December chat thread. "Mom's Salad Dressing" is on page 1.

I love eggplant and I pierce and roast 2 big ones in the oven and then I cube them up and use them throughout the week in my lunches and dinners. They add a lot of heartiness to the meals.

I went through a period where I thought I couldn't eat any more broccoli and cauliflower but now I'm over it and am enjoying them again.

elishatamar 12-28-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraVP (Post 3060838)
Hi everyone, I have been lurking since November, but couldn't get my account to activate til now. I started IP Dec. 8th. So far 13 pounds gone! Thank you to everyone for sharing your ideas, pitfalls, and triumphs. :) They are a great inspiration!

A while ago there was a discussion on estrogen and soy. I don't think anyone mentioned the fact that all animal products, as well as wheat, and many other healthy foods contain estrogen. Sometimes these are healthy plant estrogens, and other times (like in much of our commercial animal products) there are estrogens from hormones given to the animal, as well as xenohormones that mimic estrogen and plug into receptors, which can cause problems for us as well. You can google estrogen in food and find lists of foods that both contain and inhibit estrogen. I use natural progesterone cream to help balance out the excess estrogen I am getting in food, and try to eat more of the estrogen inhibitors like broccoli.

If anyone has any lunch ideas to make these 2 cups of veggies and lettuce more interesting, I would love to hear. That is the only tough part of the day for me. I am so bored with lunch

The last thought I would like to share with everyone, is the idea of making a list of everything that is better now in your life than it was last year at this time. I do this instead of making New Year resolutions. I have found it very empowering. It shows you how far you've come, how much you've accomplished, and leaves you feeling like you can do anything! (because you can!)

Cheers!

On a related tangent...

Due to the amount of hormones being injected into animals, the standards for national sports and olympic teams had to be changed, because everyone was being accused of juicing when all they were doing was eating meat!

I do like the idea of saying how far you've come since last New Year's... I was able to quit one of my jobs, I bought a house, I'm now the proud "mother" of two Rhodesian Ridgebacks, I started pharmacy school, and I weigh less, to name a few things. I wonder what I'll be saying at the beginning of 2011....

mepeterson 12-28-2009 03:59 PM

I lost even over christmas and all sorts of poor choices regarding food. I also got to go shopping for some new jeans and am so excited I am in an 11/12 Whoo Hoo.

vallygirl 12-28-2009 04:31 PM

I definately didn't lose over Christmas! made really bad choices but had a great time and don't regret it. I had so much fun with my kids and grandkids and know I can get back on track starting January! Happy Holidays everyone!

mepeterson 12-28-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallygirl (Post 3061837)
I definately didn't lose over Christmas! made really bad choices but had a great time and don't regret it. I had so much fun with my kids and grandkids and know I can get back on track starting January! Happy Holidays everyone!

Hey Vallygirl,
I am glad that you had a great time with your grandkids. I only lost a pound but I will take it given the choices I made. I too had a great time over the holidays and really feel ready to get back on track.

Pleased 12-28-2009 05:53 PM

I ate with reckless abandonment for 5 days and so far do not regret it because I am not weighing myself yet. If I only gain a couple pounds it is worth the enjoyment of the holidays because I can lose it again quickly with IP. I had a successful IP day today which I am happy about because I usually need at least 1 or 2 days transition after a binge. My new decision is whether to stay on program for New Years eve or have one more day off the program (I will just have reached ketosis again). I think I will make that decision that day when I weigh myself for the first time to see how much damage has been done towards my goal weight.

Ogdog13 12-28-2009 06:01 PM

Happy Holidays everyone! I'm happy to say that I only lost a pound over the birthday/holidays since I cheated, but I am happy that it is a pound. I recieved a scale for Xmas....whoohooo. Congrats to all who lost or even didn't...as long as you enjoyed the holidays. I missed y'all.

Pleased 12-28-2009 06:29 PM

I had wanted to also say that as glorious as it was to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted for a few days, most food was disappointing and I felt terrible physically all day. It really does feel better to eat properly and most foods really are not worth it. I think it is nice to have a few reckless days from time to time as long as you make up for them with future good choices but as a life style it is not satisfying enough for the down side of unhealthy eating. I feel so much better today after eating well all day that I am thinking of the last few days as a nice break only and am happy to return to a healthier happier way of eating and life in general as a regular way to live.

40andrdy4chng 12-28-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilita175 (Post 3061200)
Welcome. that is a great date to start.......after the holidays. It has been a challenge to get through them! But I am going to "start fresh" right along with you.

You will be astounded by the rapid wt. loss. The first 3 days are the hardest due to hunger/lack of energy. Then ketosis kicks in and you can conquer the world. LOL

Also, getting your close family/friends to understand the diet and support you (or at least not tempt you with illegal foods) is a challenge.

It has been great wearing a smaller size (12 instead of 16) to all the parties and dinners this year compared to last!

Thanks for your reply.

I am taking this week to plan my evening meals for two weeks so I won't find myself at the fridg with the door open starved and tempted to just plow whatever into my mouth. My husband is supportive and is willing to help with the cooking of the evening meals! I am blessed because I have a feeling with the low energy (and I am one to get cranky when hungy) I'll need that extra help.

So, here's to "fresh starts" as you say.

Sandrab 12-28-2009 10:26 PM

hi there,
been awhile since i have last visited, but guess that is the nature of the holidays! they were tougher than i thought! i weighed in 2 days before christmas and was down 2lbs, and have maintained my wieght throughout, so am at least happy about that. i had a pretty carefree christmas, watched when i could, and enjoyed where i chose to. started back to phase one right after. suffering a bit, but still motivated until our trip to mexico later in january. came to far.....no turning back now! hope all is well with everyone and best wishes to you all in the new year!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-da...7/160/180/.png

hilts 12-29-2009 08:04 AM

New to the Group

Hello Everyone - I was so happy to see that there was a support group out there for those of us brave enough to fight the 'middle age pudge'. I've had it with the weight packing on so easily and joined the IP battle against weight gain, 13 days ago. My first weigh-in is tomorrow (delayed due to the Christmas holidays). I really hope that I can see the results of two weeks of IP on those scales. What has been really exciting about this diet was being able to wiggle out of my pants while they were still done up when it was only day nine on the program. I'm in for the long haul and hope to see the amazing results by summer.

mepeterson 12-29-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pleased (Post 3062000)
I had wanted to also say that as glorious as it was to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted for a few days, most food was disappointing and I felt terrible physically all day. It really does feel better to eat properly and most foods really are not worth it. I think it is nice to have a few reckless days from time to time as long as you make up for them with future good choices but as a life style it is not satisfying enough for the down side of unhealthy eating. I feel so much better today after eating well all day that I am thinking of the last few days as a nice break only and am happy to return to a healthier happier way of eating and life in general as a regular way to live.

I could not agree more. Yesterday was my first full day back with IP, I was tempted a little but remembered how dissapointed I was with some of the food I had over the holidays. It is not really worth it. I spent a few days feeling pretty crummy physically and just felt bla, but when I woke up this morning I now feel great again. I love IP.

Lilita175 12-29-2009 12:57 PM

Quick hello to all "old and new" posters:

Back on IP x 2 days and feeling great. WI is tomorrow. Crab feast planned on New Year's Eve so it shouldn't be too bad.

Mom22 12-29-2009 12:58 PM

I had a plan that I would eat whatever I wanted on Christmas day and if I was having great time to extend that to Boxing Day. I was right on track with my plan. Ate gravy, cranberry sauce, baking, you name it. But boy oh boy did I suffer. My stomach was so upset by night that I was regretting making such a pig of myself. Back on track and feel a lot better. Haven't weighed myself but expect that I might have gained a little - my consolation is that it won't last and it will come off again.

I've been good for lots of other occasions and parties this season so I felt like I earned it - and there's the problem. My worry is still my mind set - why do i still think that food is my reward?? I still need to solve that part of the problem or I'll have this battle my entire life. I did call a halt to the binge so that's better than I've done before - kept questioning - is the taste of my sister's homemade bread worth being fat? - the answer of course is that while it's delicious, I'd rather have my weight under control.

looking forward to a new year with new clothes!

Optichick1 12-29-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pleased (Post 3061949)
I ate with reckless abandonment for 5 days and so far do not regret it because I am not weighing myself yet. If I only gain a couple pounds it is worth the enjoyment of the holidays because I can lose it again quickly with IP. I had a successful IP day today which I am happy about because I usually need at least 1 or 2 days transition after a binge. My new decision is whether to stay on program for New Years eve or have one more day off the program (I will just have reached ketosis again). I think I will make that decision that day when I weigh myself for the first time to see how much damage has been done towards my goal weight.

I did the same thing....ate when I felt like it, had lots of good wine and I don't regret it, either! I have to agree that I didn't feel as good as I do when I stick to the IP plan! I had indigestion and felt bloated like crazy!
I am up about 2.5 lbs. But I'm sure it won't take long to come off. I've been back on program Sunday, Monday and today. I will stay on tomorrow and then I'm sure I will celebrate on Thursday night and then we always have jambalaya on New Years Day. Oh well.....after that I won't have any excuses for a long long time LOL :)

echobaby 12-29-2009 02:37 PM

Hey, Guys!

I missed this forum while I was on Christmas vacation. My son and I had a great time with my Mother. I'm not going to weigh myself until tomorrow because I ate off plan half the days I was there. I also suffered from stomach upset. But the difference in the last time I was there and this time was that I could only eat half of the servings I fixed myself. Also, I could only eat once a day...I was stuffed. Where I think my major problem regarding the scale is going to come from is the 2 days of eggnogging. My mother makes hers with heavy cream and vanilla ice cream(not to mention the bourbon). That was really the only sweets I had.

Here's the website for the online I.P. it's called Matol, but it's identical.
http://store.aimtobehealthy.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=3

The only thing is, you have to order the whole box of 7 packets for each item.

Also the sticks to measure ketosis are called KETOSTIX or KETO-DIASTIX. Ask your pharmacist. They're around $12-$13 for 100.

echobaby 12-29-2009 05:37 PM

anyone heard from Torchlaker or Mirazon?

chjsmom 12-29-2009 09:50 PM

After last weeks gain of 2 lbs., I lost 5.2 lbs at today's weigh-in. At Christmas I ate normal, but the last 3 days I have been really strict with the diet. It sure paid off!

echobaby 12-29-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chjsmom (Post 3063922)
After last weeks gain of 2 lbs., I lost 5.2 lbs at today's weigh-in. At Christmas I ate normal, but the last 3 days I have been really strict with the diet. It sure paid off!

Congratulations! I hope for the same results after this Christmas hiatus.

So, Ogdog, since you work with computers, and are, presumably, very fluent, will you do us the honors of starting the January, 2010 thread? I think Torchlaker, who started the last 2 threads, is on vacation until next week.

Ogdog13 12-30-2009 08:31 AM

Echobaby, I sure will try!!

I'd like to reiterate how proud I am of all of you. Although you went off your diets, some with abandonment, some with not, you still seemed to not be able to really go off the diet, or got right back on again. I see a trend of posts of y'all who although went off the diet, just couldn't eat the same way they used to, or as much. CONGRATS!! And when you did eat with abandonment, you still were aware of what you were eating, and how much and what it will take to get back on the diet and keep on losing. YOU GO GUYS AND GALS.

Josh, how is your documentary going? Was it hard for you to not see your family over the holidays? My thoughts were with you.

Ruthxxx 12-30-2009 08:54 AM

Time to start a new thread, Chickies. This one is past 500. Maybe jump into January early?