3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - December Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/187292-ideal-protein-diet-december-chat.html)

20bydec 12-12-2009 05:40 PM

torchlaker
You amaze me on your insight. I read the forum and like the postings, but i can never remember who posted what!
I'll be thinking about you and missing your positive posts while you are in Cleveland - good luck!! Just keep reminding yourself (or telling yourself) that you really DON'T like the taste of carbs (ha,ha) adn then you aren't so tempted!

echobaby 12-12-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torchlaker (Post 3044883)
Pleased...I would think it would be GREAT if you could go without any restricted (how can you do that with a sweet tooth? I can't!)...I believe the only requirement is THREE packets a day, right? Puddings and drinks are not restricted...so it might help with the sweet tooth...get the protein packet in and not be restricted.

Pleased and Fav24fan - welcome! Fav - I do not like the cereal or the banana pudding either! There is a lot you can do with the vanilla puddings....Fav - your stats are similar to mine...nearly the same start weight, and goal weight altho I am 2" taller! (I don't think I will go all the way to 140...when you are my age, you kinda need SOME fat to fill out the wrinkles!).

You both have probably noticed that OgDog is like our "food guru." You tell her what you want....she always finds it! Valkyrie is our biggest loser (that I know of)....she hasn't been posting much cuz she is getting married in less than 2 months!! She is gonna be one beautiful bride with over 100+ weight loss. Mirazon and Echobaby are always cheerleaders..Lilita is our philospher....!...we have so many great people on the forum...and I get something from every single one of them! I am gonna miss you all if I don't have access to a computer when I go to Cleveland.

We will certainly miss you, too, Torchlaker. When are you leaving?

Torchlaker left out that she is our resident Will Rogers/Fireside poet. And a new butterfly! Also she left out that Lilita is a serious clotheshorse. Lilita, I'm trying to wait to shop, but you make it hard.

Tonight I was invited to a Hannukah dinner(seder?) and to my son's Godfather's surprise 50th birthday party(30 miles away). I said no to both, partially because I'm not in the mood to be tempted, but mostly because it's raining cats and dogs here and I LOVE the rain. I don't want to miss being here at home with my fire going. I guess I'm selfish. Well, OK. But it's FLOODED out there!:rolleyes:

Pleased 12-12-2009 09:30 PM

So I am a diet pop junkie - it was my saving grace when I would watch what I ate before IP. Now, since we are not suppose to drink diet sodas, I finally broke down after almost 5 weeks and bought splenda to sweeten the mass quantities of herbal tea I have been drinking to help me not binge. After 2 packages, while reaching for my 3rd, I notice Splenda has 1g carb per package! Now I have 98 packages of Splenda I do not want to use.

I do not understand how it can have 1g carb and no calories because I thought every gram of carbohydrates no matter the source had 4 calories?? Someone here wrote they add 2 pkgs to the crepes to make cake and another adds 2 pkgs to their chocolate pudding (which was what I was about to try during my discovery).

Do you guys take into account the carbs in Splenda when you use it??

Monrovia 12-12-2009 10:01 PM

I've just started the IP diet 3 days ago. My question is how many eggs can you have at one meal--I had 2 for dinner. Thanks!

echobaby 12-12-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pleased (Post 3045190)
So I am a diet pop junkie - it was my saving grace when I would watch what I ate before IP. Now, since we are not suppose to drink diet sodas, I finally broke down after almost 5 weeks and bought splenda to sweeten the mass quantities of herbal tea I have been drinking to help me not binge. After 2 packages, while reaching for my 3rd, I notice Splenda has 1g carb per package! Now I have 98 packages of Splenda I do not want to use.

I do not understand how it can have 1g carb and no calories because I thought every gram of carbohydrates no matter the source had 4 calories?? Someone here wrote they add 2 pkgs to the crepes to make cake and another adds 2 pkgs to their chocolate pudding (which was what I was about to try during my discovery).

Well, I must plead guilty to being the person who adds Splenda to pudding and cake, but adding 2 packets once a day never struck me as too much. But you've got me thinking.....

I think what it is, is all the Atkins I did before this. I have a feeling for how many carbs I can take before it affects my weight and appetite.

I don't know what the equation is for carbs to calories, but my thinking has been......10-100 more calories? Doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Maybe someone else has a different perspective?

I just read your question again and will now answer it: I do not take into account how much Splenda I use. I have never considered that below 100 calories was a major part of this. Does anyone else have any thoughts? Heck, maybe I could have lost more.......?

echobaby 12-12-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monrovia (Post 3045220)
I've just started the IP diet 3 days ago. My question is how many eggs can you have at one meal--I had 2 for dinner. Thanks!

I think we're neighbors here in SOCAL. Like this storm?

That amount is probably right. I think it is roughly equivalent in protien and carbs....but maybe less fat. Good luck.......

Maia 12-13-2009 09:05 AM

Ok, I am in need of some significant encouragement/perspective right about now. Tomorrow starts my 3rd week. I lost 6lbs by my coach's scale, 5 by my own during the first week. Last week I didn't lose anything and was discouraged, and then along about Thursday discovered it was most likely cycle related. However, that part seems to be past now. And this morning I was up again. Making my total weight loss in 2 weeks......3lbs. I know everyone hits plateaus, but after 2 weeks? Maybe it takes longer for your body to readjust after your cycle?

I haven't seen any posts on here from people saying this diet didn't work for them, and I do not want to be the first. However.......is it possible that this diet doesn't work for some people for whatever reason?

I have not cheated at all and have been doing light exercise. I have a relatively small amount to lose. But the scale going in the wrong direction on the second week is not motivating at all. I do not want to spend Christmas on this plan if it is not going to work for me. I have a lot of product saved up, that I do plan to use. But I absolutely am not buying more until I can see results.

Has anyone gone through this so early? Any advice?

toomanycats 12-13-2009 10:10 AM

maia:
can you list a typical couple of days for us? (What packets you use, amount and types of vegies, the supplements, how much water, etc) I would wonder if your coach didn't give you the facts on no restricted packets the first two weeks, etc
hope to help,
Lisa

LuvMyMarine 12-13-2009 10:36 AM

Maia, I have been feeling exactly as you are now. I felt like I may be the first person that this diet wouldn't work for. I am now entering my 2nd week on the plan, and I had a total loss of only 3.5 pounds the first week. I was pretty discouraged, thinking that maybe I'd initially lost a few pounds of water, and then nothing. Turns out, I was eating too many restricted items and didn't even know it. I was eating 1 bar a day (restricted), often in addition to a restricted entree (like vegetable chili), without realizing it. As soon as I realized my mistake, I stopped eating all bars. I also laid off of the restricted entrees for now, as I want to jump start ketosis. It seems to have worked because the scale has started moving again. The scale is down another 1.5 pounds since yesterday! I also think that eating the lettuce and drinking the water are very important components of this plan. If you're not keeping a food journal, you might want to start. It can help you to see why you're progressing slowly so you can correct it. Just my two cents. Hope this helps.

Ogdog13 12-13-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

2 eggs for your meal Monrovia.

torchlaker 12-13-2009 11:39 AM

I can never remember who says what especially when there are a lot of posts...sometimes I write it down....but today it is general.

Maja - there may be SOME that this IP doesn't work for.....if there are,they haven't posted here. I do remember a lot of gals that were on back in September/October that I no longer see. It doesn't mean they are not on IP -- it may just mean they didn't post...OR maybe gave up...or something. Most of us have seen results (which is why we keep posting...because the forum keeps us honest...lol). It sounds like you are doing everything right...I know others have come on IP with as little weight to lose as you have, and have still lost weight...so I really don't know the answer. Like Toomanycats says....post what you are eating in a typical day on here....maybe we can all figure it out.

No...I don't count Splenda at all. AND I use Splenda. I also have ONE glass of DietRite a day (for my addiction)...and find I don't even finish that. Again, I use restricted daily, so my weight loss has been slower than most. Slower..but consistent.

I leave Tuesday or Wednesday for Cleveland. Geez...I dread the drive by myself. It is about an 8 hr drive. I probably will be back sometime around Jan.5th or so..... I really need to get moving here and finish cleaning, start packing, wrap presents...etc. In 30 minutes, I have to start the whole "cleansing" for the colonoscopy tomorrow (and I am ALREADY starving - today is all-liquid diet...but woohoo....I can have jello). I have put a whole bunch of magazines in the bathrooms!!! Along with lowcarb cookbooks.

Lilita makes me want to shop too!! My son said my godson wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas. I said a "gift certificate" - I have only bought 2 pair of yoga pants since I started losing weight...and 3 jeans from the consignment store. I THINK I would like to go out and buy something totally new and expensive!! Anybody ever try "Not your Daughters Jeans"? So expensive! I have never tried them on (was afraid I would like them!).

Oh well..better go vacuum before the "explosion" begins!!

Pleased 12-13-2009 12:21 PM

Maia, I am almost done my fifth week and twice I went up a pound or 2 but lost it and more shortly after (a matter of days). I got concerned and frustrated myself. Its funny how discourage we get on this diet because it gives us such great results often that we get nervous if we don't see changes in short time periods. Most diets you lose 2lbs once a week if your lucky. I didn't see the scale move on IP for about 1.5 weeks and was thinking something was wrong which I wouldn't have thought anything of it on WW because that would be normal, but then I ended up losing 4.5 lbs in a matter of days. IP will work for you hang in there! It is definitely the best and most successful diet I have tried.

I do not eat the bars at all though as yummy as they are. I do eat the other restricted stuff.

Torchlaker - I went to a seminar once that said you wear 10% of your clothes 90% of the time. We have closets and drawers which are full of clothes we hardly wear. This is definitely the case with me. They suggest you spend more money on less clothes and wear only things you love and look good in. In the end you probably won't be spending more money overall just on less items. I also always make sure I always have one pair of jeans I love at each weight because even though I do not want to invest in a wardrobe I do not plan on having fit very much longer I feel it is important to have at least 1 or 2 outfits you feel good in for motivation for future goals, self esteem, and reward for hard work.

Mom22 12-13-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

on my sheet it lists 2 whole eggs as the portion you can have.

elishatamar 12-13-2009 02:45 PM

For Chanukah, it's just dinner... "seder" is a term specifically used for Passover that literally means "order," since there is a very specific order you go through in the Passover meal.

1 gram carbs = 4 calories.

Splenda actually contains about 3 calories/packet, but they can get away with calling it a zero calorie product because of an FDA loophole. So you'd have to use 33 packets in a day to add another 100 calories... but all those calories do come from carbohydrates, so don't eat that many. :-) The interesting thing is that it's not the sucralose that the calories come from... it's the additives. Sucralose is naturally many times sweeter than table sugar, so in Splenda they add things to it so you can measure it out in equal amounts as table sugar. That's why diet drinks that have sucralose in them are actually zero calorie, because they don't have the additives.

Mom22 12-13-2009 02:58 PM

Maia - as suggested, perhaps listing a few days of food would give some suggestions and insight - I got a food diary sheet. My counselor looks over it when i go in for my weigh in. it helped on the week when i only lost 2 lbs (which is still o.k. by any other diet standard) because she was able to see what i was eating and make some suggestions. in some cases it's probably a combination of things - water, restricted packs, maybe constipated, time of the month, not enough lettuce, etc. And usually the next weigh in things even out.

My husband had a birthday party for me on Friday - what an amazing guy - he totally cleaned the house (which was a heads up that something was going on), phoned friends and family, got some beautiful food trays with things that I could have and even went to the IP place and picked up dips so that myself and a couple of other IP girls could have a guilt free snacks. I felt so special. I wore a pair of jeans I never could even get into before and basked in the joy of family and friends. I'm on a high still.

I love catching up with how everyone is doing - some have the same diet goal as me, many of you the same challenges, and some with stories that tug at your heart strings. I'm so glad I found you all.

echobaby 12-13-2009 03:49 PM

Torchlaker,

Happy evacuation!

Maia an Luv, hang in there. The whole cycle thing and the constipation thing can make you want to quit, for sure. But like Torchlaker said, I can't remember anyone quitting because it didn't work. There was a person who quit because they hated the taste of the food. Give it a couple more weeks.

sbinkerd1 12-13-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pleased (Post 3045190)

Use Stevia as a sweetener. it is better for you.

ottawa 12-13-2009 05:34 PM

Maia: I felt really discouraged when I started also. I lost a nice amount of weight the first week and then next to nothing for the next 2 weeks. I was told that EVERYONE will reach a plateau, some people, like me and maybe you, just do it before others. I stuck with it, with the help of the people here and do not regret it at all. I am approx 8 pounds form my goal which will be 30 pounds lost. In the first month I ate a bar every day but did try to go one week after that without one and it has still averaged out to be approx 3-3.5 pounds lost per week. I did find that in the first few weeks I had a hard time remembering to have my olive oil (must have been habit to not have any fat) and also the salt. I have found, for me, that the important things are to make sure I have my oil, salt and water and to exercise 3 times a week.

It would really be a good thing for you to go back and read the Oct and Nov posts to see what others have been going/gone through.

Luckily for me I found this web site and all the wonderful, encouraging, and helpful people here!! Everyone here really helped me with various questions and concerns that I had and I therefore have stuck with this diet and am now very happy with the results!!!!!!

Lilita175 12-13-2009 06:39 PM

Gee, I missed a couple of days and I had 2 pages of reading to catch up on!

To keep up my "image" as a Clothes Horse: today I wore black "skinny jeans" size 12, pointed black leather boots, a gray T-shirt and matching gray and red broad striped cardigan in size L and a light-weight black leather jacket with leather ruffles.

No, I'm not 25, I'm 56 years old but I have always loved to "dress up."

I will even wear a necklace or scarf with a plain old T-shirt and jeans.

Anyways, today I kept looking at myself in the mirror because I was in utter disbelief that my body looked so "long and lean" with no bra bulge and no muffin top!

I can only imagine what the next 10 pounds will look/feel like.

I agree that I worried about some new little dry wrinkles that I started seeing along the sides of my mouth and then they disappeared! One thing I did do when I noticed those wrinkles is I made sure I was getting in my olive oil and my fish oil (3 capsules per day). I also added avocado slices (about 1/2 avocado every other day) and olives to my salads.

(Avocado is not a legal IP food but I think it is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Do an internet search and you will be as amazed as I was.)

Philosopher? Okay. Here's my thought for the day: All of us here are pioneers! (someone else mentioned this.)

As "North Americans" (both U.S. and Canada) we have been living with the "shame" that most of our population is overweight. I would venture to say that most of on this forum have been on "every diet out there."

For whatever lucky reason, we each have found this diet while it is still relatively unknown in the U.S. As others notice our success they will follow in our footsteps (it's already starting in my circle of friends.)

It is the first diet that I have been able to stick to for longer than 2 weeks at a time.

Yes, I have "tweaked" it to make it work for me and my lifestyle. No one here is perfect. But I "get" the diet. It is low calorie, low fat, low carb. and adequate protein.

It is extremely hard to meet these constraints on your own by shopping at your regular supermarket. I believe that the folks that designed Ideal Protein have met a tall order and done their best to meet the constraints and yet provide a variety of textures and flavors to meet our need tastes.

Please, please, please, if you hit a plateau (early or late in your program) don't give up! I was "stuck" at one weight for more than 2 weeks and suddenly lost 3 pounds overnight. It was my "emotional" wt. of 185 that I needed to get past.

It was reading the posts here that kept me from giving up!

If you are "stuck" try more water, more lettuce, less restricted foods, add some fiber pills. Just wait it out and stick with it and you will have success.

echobaby 12-13-2009 09:13 PM

You said it, Lilita!

Man I could've used you today. I just got home from Christmas shopping. I don't care what they say. There is no recession in this town. I tried to go to Target. No parking left. I went to the mall. Looked for a space for...no joke...35 minutes. I was going to park at the racetrack, which is next to the mall, but they charged $$. And I don't think I have ever shared this with you all, but I HATE SHOPPING. Maybe I have slight agoraphobia. I get nervous and sweat a lot, when I normally don't sweat.

Anyway, finished shopping(YES!!!), went to the Cheesecake factory for a salad, and broke a glass and cut myself. I just told the busboy so he could make sure to get all the broken glass from the chair, and they started throwing free food and drinks at me. I guess they thought I might sue. But it was my fault, for trying to put my big-*** bags on a chair. Anyway, I cheated and had a DOUBLE bloody mary. Have any of you noticed that alcohol is a lot stronger now? Yes it is. Anyway, I'm still quite happy. Sorry I drove, but I went on the back streets.:dizzy:

echobaby 12-13-2009 09:24 PM

Also, too,(whoa, who do I sound like?)

This week is my first replacing the Matol vitamins(they're probably the same as yours) with store-bought. The 3-Omega oil I bought causes me to burp something very fishy. Have you noticed this?

torchlaker 12-13-2009 11:05 PM

Echobaby - I hate to shop, too!!!! I only know of 2 other people that hate to shop (3, now, adding you!!). I guess that is why I sew....one stop shopping.

Lilita...your outfit sounded to die for? Ruffled leather jacket!! You are right up my alley there! Where did you get your skinny jeans? What brand are they? It has been SO long since I bought a new pair ofjeans. I just used the elastic waist ones...that "grew" with me!! Mmmmm...avacado! I have had a craving for one! My friend told me tonight she makes a killer omelet with avacado and swiss cheese! Never thought about it....but we ARE pioneers! The IP way is SO new to the states....a little over a year, I think. Yes, I have some friends that want to go on it....but I know they are hurting financially.....so I don't know what to tell them.

OK -- done with my evacuation - very funny!! I THINK I am done for the night....am totally exhausted! Decided reading lowcarb cookbooks wasn't the answer since I am on an all-liquid diet today (yup - I am starved. I did make up some jello....sure doesn't fill you up). Plus, I had to start drinking all that stuff from 5pm-7pm....(it took me 45 minutes longer)....so I "drank" right thru the dinner hour. I better remember to weigh myself before the procedure...I bet I weigh 114 lbs.!! (yeah,right).

So - my big news tonight -- I had told my son he could have the diamond from my wedding ring. It took me forever to find it....it has been probably 15 years since I wore it. I found it -- just tried it on and IT FIT!! I keep staring at it.....(remembering, I guess....). My son told me tonight that if I have any feelings at all that I want to keep it, please keep it. I was really only giving it to him cuz I thought I could never wear it again.

Going to bed.....trying not to think about food!

shadmama 12-13-2009 11:31 PM

Maia, I lost 6.4 lbs my first week then nothing my 2nd. My best friend told me I wasn't eating enough since I was counting my salad at lunch as my veggie and skipping the snack. I added the snack and most of the veggies and lost 3.7 the 3rd. I plan on sticking with it since her 60+ year old mother has been able to lose 80 lbs in 8 months.

Maia 12-13-2009 11:43 PM

Thank you, everyone, for the replies. Quite honestly, I felt so bad about myself today, that I cheated. In a kind of big way. We'll see how bad it is tomorrow.

I do keep a food journal, so I know exactly what I have been eating. My coach didn't say anything about limiting restricted packets, so mostly I just eat them when I want. I am very good about the salads and veggies and actually really enjoy them. I make my own dressing with apple cider vinegar, olive oil and spices, and I don't go overboard on the dressing. I use appropriate proteins and drink plenty of water, and never miss my supplements.

So, here's the list of my packets, by day:

Monday: chocolate drink (I use EAS), chocolate drink, chocolate soy puffs
Tuesday: leek soup, lemon pudding, mushroom soup
Wednesday: plain crepes, vanilla pudding, chili
Thursday: chocolate drink, BBQ soy nuts, BBQ soy puffs
Friday: chicken soup, chocolate drink, BBQ soy puffs
Saturday: chocolate soy puffs, leek soup, lemon pudding

I do think a lot of it was cycle related, but since I cheated today it will be difficult to tell how much. By cheating, I don't mean that I binged all day, but I did munch on homemade Christmas treats. And, of course, it's hard to stop with just one. It's the whole "well, you've already cheated for the day and you aren't making any progress, anyway, so why not?" I hate it, because I KNOW there is a reason for this, and that it is not that the plan does not work. But I sabotaged myself, anyway.

Oh, well. Tomorrow is a new day, I guess.

elishatamar 12-13-2009 11:58 PM

Maia... I can't believe your coach didn't tell you to limit the restricted packets. I mean, why call them restricted if there aren't certain rules? So it looks like on Wednesday and Thursday you doubled up on those... I admittedly don't know anything about the EAS chocolate drink, but just for s&g's, maybe try a week just on IP products and see if there's a difference.

And I cheated last night... it was my fiance's company's holiday party, held at a country club in a pretty swank area of town. They didn't have salad, but they did have plenty of grilled veggies, and lamb chops, and smoked salmon and crab cake... they had a "mashed potato" bar that I managed to avoid, and I didn't touch any of the desserts, but I did have a number of gin and tonics. My next weigh-in is tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes!

echobaby 12-14-2009 12:05 AM

Stop!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maia (Post 3046356)
Thank you, everyone, for the replies. Quite honestly, I felt so bad about myself today, that I cheated. In a kind of big way. We'll see how bad it is tomorrow.

I do keep a food journal, so I know exactly what I have been eating. My coach didn't say anything about limiting restricted packets, so mostly I just eat them when I want. I am very good about the salads and veggies and actually really enjoy them. I make my own dressing with apple cider vinegar, olive oil and spices, and I don't go overboard on the dressing. I use appropriate proteins and drink plenty of water, and never miss my supplements.

So, here's the list of my packets, by day:

Monday: chocolate drink (I use EAS), chocolate drink, chocolate soy puffs
Tuesday: leek soup, lemon pudding, mushroom soup
Wednesday: plain crepes, vanilla pudding, chili
Thursday: chocolate drink, BBQ soy nuts, BBQ soy puffs
Friday: chicken soup, chocolate drink, BBQ soy puffs
Saturday: chocolate soy puffs, leek soup, lemon pudding

I do think a lot of it was cycle related, but since I cheated today it will be difficult to tell how much. By cheating, I don't mean that I binged all day, but I did munch on homemade Christmas treats. And, of course, it's hard to stop with just one. It's the whole "well, you've already cheated for the day and you aren't making any progress, anyway, so why not?" I hate it, because I KNOW there is a reason for this, and that it is not that the plan does not work. But I sabotaged myself, anyway.

Oh, well. Tomorrow is a new day, I guess.

Yes, Maia, tomorrow is a new day. Start over. This Minute.

I know so well the 'all or nothing' syndrome. That works until it doesn't work anymore. It doesn't work anymore. As of NOW.

This plan works, always, all the time. Please give it time. I'M GOING ALL CAPS NOW SO YOU WILL LOOK!! THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ALL OF US. WE CONTINUED BECAUSE IT WORKS!!!! DO NOT STOP!!!

The all caps thing is truly embarrassing. Don't make me have to whip it out again. Whew, I'm tired. They don't even have an I'm tired icon so....

echobaby 12-14-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elishatamar (Post 3046367)
Maia... I can't believe your coach didn't tell you to limit the restricted packets. I mean, why call them restricted if there aren't certain rules? So it looks like on Wednesday and Thursday you doubled up on those... I admittedly don't know anything about the EAS chocolate drink, but just for s&g's, maybe try a week just on IP products and see if there's a difference.

And I cheated last night... it was my fiance's company's holiday party, held at a country club in a pretty swank area of town. They didn't have salad, but they did have plenty of grilled veggies, and lamb chops, and smoked salmon and crab cake... they had a "mashed potato" bar that I managed to avoid, and I didn't touch any of the desserts, but I did have a number of gin and tonics. My next weigh-in is tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes!

yeah.

Optichick1 12-14-2009 09:36 AM

Will someone please remind me what the over the counter stuff is for constipation. My coach wrote it down for me, but of course I lost that. I know we had a whole bunch of posts back and forth about it, but can't find them either. I'm having a pretty bad time and need to do something about it today!

SylvieG 12-14-2009 10:29 AM

Before / now!

2 Attachment(s)
Hello to all!

I am almost at the end of my IP journey... last appointment tomorrow 19h and not at the expected goalweight of 170 pounds by 3 pounds... (believe it is my plateau time :( ) Someone asked me for a before and after picture and thought I am not wearing a bikini in the snow (which by the way we have about 2 feet of!), these pictures tell the story of my 5 months on IP!

Thank you for your support through the good and the rough times!
Sylvie

Attachment 33970 Attachment 33971

echobaby 12-14-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SylvieG (Post 3046743)
Hello to all!

I am almost at the end of my IP journey... last appointment tomorrow 19h and not at the expected goalweight of 170 pounds by 3 pounds... (believe it is my plateau time :( ) Someone asked me for a before and after picture and thought I am not wearing a bikini in the snow (which by the way we have about 2 feet of!), these pictures tell the story of my 5 months on IP!

Thank you for your support through the good and the rough times!
Sylvie

Attachment 33970 Attachment 33971

You look AWESOME!!! Congratulations for a job well done.

echobaby 12-14-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optichick1 (Post 3046663)
Will someone please remind me what the over the counter stuff is for constipation. My coach wrote it down for me, but of course I lost that. I know we had a whole bunch of posts back and forth about it, but can't find them either. I'm having a pretty bad time and need to do something about it today!

Miralax?

elishatamar 12-14-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optichick1 (Post 3046663)

Miralax if you want something to drink that works quickly, bisacodyl if you want a tablet that works quickly.

Lilita175 12-14-2009 12:30 PM

Wow! Congratulations! You are an inspiration to keep going. Thanks!

Lilita175 12-14-2009 12:33 PM

oops, I was trying to insert Sylvie's post above mine. I don't know how to do that.

Lilita175 12-14-2009 12:49 PM

I went to a Christmas Party last night and had a "planned cheat." I had a few peppermint martini's. I had not had an alcoholic drink since early October right before starting IP.

Oh, yes, the vodka hit hard and fast! It was fun, I didn't drive and I didn't go "carb crazy" with all the treats that were there.

This morning I do not feel well at all. Scrolling down the page to read the posts is making me dizzy. LOL.

I kinda glad I'm hung over because I have 2 more parties to go to next weekend and I have learned my lesson.

It is just not worth it! I will be drinking water, iced tea or diet soda for rest of the season. No more alcohol. My poor liver and pancreas must be in shock!
I am back on IP as of today. Onward and forward.

echobaby 12-14-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilita175 (Post 3046941)
oops, I was trying to insert Sylvie's post above mine. I don't know how to do that.

Go to the person's post and to your bottom right is a box that says "quote". Click on it and type in your comment under theirs. Yeah. No more alcohol for a long time. My body was seriously shocked.

Ogdog13 12-14-2009 02:34 PM

Maia and Luv, the key thing to remember with this diet is that the AVERAGE weight loss per week is 3 - 3 1/2 pounds. When you scroll through posts you'll see people who lose 6 lbs one week then only 1 lb the next week, even though they didn't change the IP diet. Stress, that time of month, PMS, etc, all play a part in how much you lose.

holly jo 12-14-2009 03:08 PM

On cloud nine

Today has been a great day! I put my jeans on today with ease, no shimmy or sucking my stomach in. ha... I decided to weigh myself early and have lost 3lbs. this week already, bringing my total to 12lbs. YAY!
I was curious what the restricted packs are? I have only been given the drinks, puddings, soups, and omelets so far. Are any of those restricted?

elishatamar 12-14-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holly jo (Post 3047167)
Today has been a great day! I put my jeans on today with ease, no shimmy or sucking my stomach in. ha... I decided to weigh myself early and have lost 3lbs. this week already, bringing my total to 12lbs. YAY!
I was curious what the restricted packs are? I have only been given the drinks, puddings, soups, and omelets so far. Are any of those restricted?

Restricted items: all bars/ soya items / hearty stew / chili / spaghetti... am I leaving anything out?

echobaby 12-14-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holly jo (Post 3047167)

The bars,chili,crepes,stew and spaghetti are. Go to the I.P. f.a.q.s. On the first page is posted Nutritional info about the packs. It lists which products are once a day and which are twice a week.