3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - December Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/187292-ideal-protein-diet-december-chat.html)

echobaby 12-06-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirazon (Post 3036114)
Hi Echobaby, Yes I'm staying faithful to the program. When I started, I was told at my weight I would have to lose 50 - 75 lbs before people would start noticing. That is proving true. People are now consistently saying "There's something different about you" :) they haven't figured out what yet.

Congratulations on being able to stay on program while having dinner out! That is a HUGE accomplishment. As the holidays get closer, there are going to be alot of challenges to face. I wish us all much success as we conquer them!!

I'm so proud of you. You are so consistent...you're an inspiration.

The hardest part about the dinner last night was the smell of the fresh tortilla chips with the fresh salsa!! (It was a Mexican restaurant). I was lucky, they had steak and vegetables....but that smell almost drove me nuts.

One good thing, I got into jeans I haven't been able to fit in 2 or 3 years. I'm going to have to dig out my boxes of old, too small clothes. Now I look like I'm trying to "sag" my jeans like the kids do. Is that what they call it?

Mirazon 12-06-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3036277)
One good thing, I got into jeans I haven't been able to fit in 2 or 3 years. I'm going to have to dig out my boxes of old, too small clothes. Now I look like I'm trying to "sag" my jeans like the kids do. Is that what they call it?

WOW!!! Talk about a major NSV!!! You're wearing clothes you haven't worn in 2 - 3 years!!! Major happy dance for you :carrot::carrot::carrot:

torchlaker 12-06-2009 09:21 AM

Can't figure out what happened to the post i put on last night...and now I can't remember a thing I said.

Mirazon...you have lost the equivalent of nearly 2 bags of my dogfood!! Or my granddaughter!! I had fun yesterday going to my sewing meeting...NOW everyone can notice....(before - like you - they couldn't quite figure it out)...and I just reveled in the compliments.

Like you...Echobaby -- my "new" jeans from the thrift store are sagging...I just bought them! I should try wearing them low like the kids do....walk around with a swagger.....

My *&^%%$ scale finally moved this morning. I might have "hit" on my elixer for making "things move." We will see.

We are under a winter storm advisory here in Michigan....it is so beautiful out this morning. Wish I knew how to post a picture here (for all you southerners). I am gonna stay in my flannel p.j.'s all day...and work on Christmas gifts!! Maybe play some Christmas music! (Dunno....still have a hard time with Christmas music and Christmas movies.....instead of making me happy, it depresses me). BUT it is a major step forward that I made my Christmas gifts....I hadn't done that since Eddie left for Iraq.

Mirazon 12-06-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torchlaker (Post 3036534)
Mirazon...you have lost the equivalent of nearly 2 bags of my dogfood!! Or my granddaughter!! .... (Dunno....still have a hard time with Christmas music and Christmas movies.....instead of making me happy, it depresses me).

What a visual!!!:rofl:I need to go try to lift something that weighs 50 lbs to cement in the fact that I never want to go back to where I was!!

Torchlaker, I wish you nothing but peace and happiness this holiday season :goodvibes:goodvibes Even during this difficult time, you have a giving spirit. You share your journey with all of this through your posts, and offer unconditional support. Being with your family over the holidays will be uplifting. Please let us know if we can help support you during this holiday season and time of remeberance for your husband. I gain so much from all the people who post here and share their experiences. I'll be praying for you.

Lilita175 12-06-2009 11:55 AM

Everyone is doing so great. If you are NOT doing great and you are reading this, please know that we are here to help! Just write your question/concern and one of us will surely have experienced the same situation and respond to you.

Support is a major part of a wt. loss program and it's FREE here. Take advantage of it!

I have to confess that I sometimes take "little bites" of illegal foods whenever they are right in front of me. I realized that the smell and the first taste of anything are the most satisfying. So I will take a tiny piece (or sip)of whatever, smell it and then eat it very slowly and I am done with it.

I am lucky because I have my skinny DBF around that eats "whatever he wants" and I am able to "taste" some of his food.

But let me tell you, it is a "slippery slope" and not everyone can play this game.

I have a vision of myself in size 10 jeans (I am a loose 14 now) and that vision keeps me from "eating the whole thing."

A very interesting point though is that my boyfriend has given up bread, pasta and desserts. He has lost 6 pounds since October.

He loves to eat my "legal" foods, also. Grilled tilapia, steaks, roasted chicken breast, baked eggplant, steamed veggies, huge mixed salads. Mmmmmhmmm. It is a great diet.

RE: taste of IP packaged foods. Here's a few thoughts/tips that have helped me along the way.

1. the packages are meal replacements to provide adequate protein and satisfy your hunger throughout the day until you can get to your "real" meal of the day. Make that meal very special for yourself. The packages are not the "special" part of your diet. Ha-ha.

2. You can pick and choose your "favorite" packages and only buy those the next time. One of my sisters eats only the bars and the pre-mixed shakes. Her husband is retired and he cooks her a fabulous dinner when she gets home from work. (Lucky her) She has lost 35 pounds since September.

3. As Torchlaker suggested, "play" with the way you prepare the packages.
Last night, I had the maple oatmeal for my bedtime snack and I added lemon flavoring and some "can't believe it's not butter" spray and a little bit of milk. It tasted (almost) like a lemon bar. LOL.

4. The packages are not forever. Phase II requires you to give up one of the packages per day and eat a 2nd real meal.

Reminder: I am one of 6 siblings and 5 of us are on IP and we are all having tremendous success. Several of our children (adult nieces and nephews) are also on IP and are losing wt. Simply put: IP works and works fast if you stick to it.

We are having a big family party in January at my Dad's house (he is turning 96) and we will all see each other for the first time since August.

We will all be eating the same healthy foods at the party! Unprecedented!

Lilita175 12-06-2009 12:22 PM

Clothes!

I went through my closet last night and tried on everything, even the PJ's and robes.

My criteria: unless the item fit me extremely well and looked great on me and was in very good condition it was out.

Result: very few clothes left in my closet!

I will live with that until I lose more wt. I am waiting to get into size 12 (5 more pounds, I think) so I can go shopping.

We have an Ann Taylor Loft (discount) in my area. We also have an Old Navy which has different styles of jeans for different body types.

Anyone else want to talk about clothes?

Ogdog13 12-06-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilita175 (Post 3034532)
Ogdog: would love a pancake recipe and a low-fatish pumpkin pie (substitute) recipe. TIA.

Lilita, look at the recipes area on pages 24 and 27 for pancake recipes. LF pumpkin pie shouldn't be a problem, it will probably be the carbs you would worry about on this diet yes? I'll look around for you...remember that pumpkin is a restricted food. Let me know.

ukandewit 12-06-2009 03:54 PM

Wondering if anyone has found any substitutes for the IP bars? I've looked around, and most of the low-carb bars still have at least 20g carbs.

echobaby 12-06-2009 06:06 PM

Torchlaker,

Your posts profoundly affect me, and I think all of us. I'm trying not to cry as I write this. You are stronger than you know. It looks like to me that you are coming out from behind dark clouds and are peaking out, ready to blossom. Your Eddie is with you; urging you through this tough time to be the most you can be. You are a remarkable woman and truly an inspiration to all of us. Thank you.

Wow, I just had a kind of scary thought...what are we going to do after we all achieve our goals and no longer come to this forum? I feel like you are all my secret friends and I miss you when I don't get to the computer. Well, the internet is a remarkable thing. We can make another forum if we want to. As, I think, Lilita said, it's free!

I'm seriously focused now on maximizing the 2 weeks left before my son and I go to Houston to visit my Ma for Christmas. She and I are cooking a feast for the Holiday for all our family there. It will be the ultimate test....she has to be one of the world's greatest cooks. I am not joking. I am a serious foodie.;)

Lilita175 12-06-2009 10:10 PM

thanks Ogdog. I found the pancake recipe.

Re: pumpkin. I know it's not allowed. boohoo. I did find a low carb pumpkin pie recipe but it is NOT low fat since it has a pecan /butter crust (oh my!)

I think I will just eat a tablespoon of canned pumpkin mixed with splenda and pumpkin pie spice and be done with it. Ha-ha.

Thanks for being here. Have you thought about publishing an IP recipe book?

Lilita

torchlaker 12-06-2009 10:43 PM

Hi everybody:
First, I want to say thank you to all of you...for the lovely words and your stories of inspiration. Mirazon...I truly hope to enjoy the holidays (I have sure been working my butt off on gifts!!). Hopefully, with the addition of "2 granddaughters and Brian's girlfriend", Brian and I can think about some happy things and times gone by....last year was tough!

Echobaby- I am truly finding strength day by day. It feels good, because for so long, I felt frozen. Unable to go back in time, yet unable to move forward. I can finally "feel the earth under my feet." I am sure that we will still be on this forum for a long while...even tho some of us may reach goal before others, we still need to maintain. AND...I have such a craving for pumpkin, too. Did you try the "pumpkin pie" syrup (by DiVinci from Netrition)? I add 2 T. of that to my butterscotch pudding, along with a dash of pumpkin pie spice and a bit of Splenda. Yeah, I even put fatfree ReddiWhip on it. It seems to be satisfying the craving....kinda (well, until you mentioned it...lol). Ya' know....it certainly wouldn't hurt to eat some of your Mom's good cooking for the ONE day, would it? I dunno. I plan to take little bites here and there...

Ukanddewit: I bought some "Oh Yeah" protein bars from Netrition. The Vanilla Peanut butter is kinda like IP's....it doesn't fill me up as much....and the fat gram is high...13g!! Kinda scarey when it has 210 calories and 117 of them are from fat!! I am getting ready to order some more and have them sent to Cleveland (so I don't have to pack them). I have come to the conclusion that IP REALLY does have the "market cornered" on these products, because I can't find anythng that really compares with them. If I drank shakes, maybe......

OK -- I CAN report on FlaxSnax Natural Hot Cereal in Butter Pecan (from Netrition). YUK!!!! double YUK!! I guess - of the 2 that I ordered - Dixie Diner is still the best...and that wasn't great. AND....I have a whole bag of this Butter Pecan junk....YUK!

I have been sneaking in some Russell Stover sugarfree marshmallow Santa Claus'. I know...I am so bad. AND...I can't eat them before I am going to see another human being...cuz..well, there is a lot of sugar alcohols in it...and well....let's just say, "You can hear me coming."

It was a very productive day....I got all my sewing done...and put away my sewing machine for the first time in a month and a half (so, that is where my dining room table was!!). I watched QVC and HSN and listened to prerecorded "court shows." When I put away my sewing machine, I was doing a happy dance. Maybe NEXT time I pull it out in January, I will actually make something, rather than "alter" it.

So...the snow has stopped....the resin is drying on my pendants....I can actually SEE my dining room table, and the dog has gone to bed. Good night, everyone.

echobaby 12-06-2009 10:56 PM

Ogdog, Yes!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilita175 (Post 3037308)
thanks Ogdog. I found the pancake recipe.

Re: pumpkin. I know it's not allowed. boohoo. I did find a low carb pumpkin pie recipe but it is NOT low fat since it has a pecan /butter crust (oh my!)

I think I will just eat a tablespoon of canned pumpkin mixed with splenda and pumpkin pie spice and be done with it. Ha-ha.

Thanks for being here. Have you thought about publishing an IP recipe book?

Lilita

Yes, you must publish a book! Where on earth besides your:dizzy: kitchen lab are you coming up with these recipes?

echobaby 12-06-2009 11:08 PM

[B]QUOTE: TORCHLAKER:
So...the snow has stopped....the resin is drying on my pendants....I can actually SEE my dining room table, and the dog has gone to bed. Good night, everyone.

Yeats, get back!.....Torchlaker, you are a beautiful person.

This forum is awesome.

ottawa 12-07-2009 07:51 AM

Congratulations to everyone on your progress!! Had to go away for the weekend, did not cheat other than I probably ate less food than I was suppose to rather than cheat. Not sure if that is a good thing or not, had heard something about making sure you eat every 4 or 5 hours to keep your metabolism going???

Had to catch up on everyone's posts!!! Mirazon, keep up the good work!! Must be great to see that people are noticing!!! Torchlaker, good for you for getting everything done!!
Your story of the creme brulee reminded me of something that I heard Dolly Parton say years ago when she lost a fair amount of weight (well.. except for "up top" lol) when asked about her diet she said..." I eat everything that I want to but I only allow myself 3 bites" I guess that could be a way of practicing moderation.

Lost 2.6 pounds last week so I am getting closer and closer to my goal, assuming that I do not keep changing my goal!!! Only 9 pounds to go to original goal and I am hoping I get there before Xmas, let alone staying there over the holiday season!!!!! Time for me to increase my exercise, which gets harder and harder as I lose more weight cause I have to work harder, at this lower weight, to burn the same number of calories per workout!!! Boy that sure sounds like I am whining....

Maia 12-07-2009 08:52 AM

I'm new to IP, started the program on 11/30. (like Elisa? I know someone started the same day I did!)

I am lucky, I haven't found any of the products to be inedible yet. I have about 10 that I am rotating through, and have also supplemented with the EAS drinks on occasion.

No side effects for me either, yet. I do get a headache if I am not able to eat on time. But no cravings. Overall, I am finding it a very manageable plan. I know we are not supposed to weigh every day, but I was a bit skeptical for the first week, even though I have seen it work wonders with three of my friends.

I find I am so full by the end of the day that I go to bed thinking there is no possible way I have lost weight. But the next day the scale always shows a loss. First "official" weigh-in tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you on here!

elishatamar 12-07-2009 09:09 AM

Good morning everyone!

Today's my first "weigh in" (my coach is about 800 miles away in Austin, TX, so I have to use my Wii and measure myself), and I'm down 8 lbs and about 2"! I was pretty nervous about weighing myself this morning, since I went out to dinner with my coworkers for a Secret Santa thing. Fortunately, the restaurant had their entire menu posted online with nutritional information, so I was able to study it beforehand and figure out what was on the plan. More restaurants need to do that! Still, this was a place that's famous for its breads, so that was really tough to pass on... my fiance went with me, and I think that night showed him exactly how dedicated I am to losing weight, he was very impressed that I managed to pass on the appetizers... and breads... and desserts...

Oh man, and I tried out the Kale Chips from the recipe page last night, and I think those are going to be my saving grace. The hardest part in general for me is that I used to snack all the time... mostly healthy stuff, but enough to tide me over until the next meal. A batch of these will be perfect for that, not only because I have to put forth a lot more effort to make it than just grabbing something out of the pantry, but a toaster oven's worth isn't that much so I can't overdo it. :-)

And Ottawa, remember, as you build lean muscle your body will burn more calories in its resting state, so it should even out in the end!

echobaby 12-07-2009 11:35 AM

Congratulations, Newbies! The hardest part is over. Well, I guess the holidays will be hard, too, but somehow knowing it works will help you through.

Had my weigh in this morning and lost 3 lbs. from where I was before the 2 day splurge over Thanksgiving(had gained 4.5 lbs. of water, I guess). So I'm very happy and very motivated. Have a great day all!

watermeyer 12-07-2009 12:00 PM

Hello again! I have to say first and foremost how much I enjoy reading all of your posts. You have all done so great and even when you have slid, gotten right back on it again. Congratulations! I had my first weigh-in this morning and lost 9 pounds! I can hardly believe it. This is a great program. My hardest day was yesterday, when my inlaws took us to a big Children's Christmas Carnival at their Country Club - we are talking buffet! I found some things to eat, but I probably ate more protein than I was supposed to. Watching everyone else eat all of my favorite things wasn't easy, but I sure didn't want to thow away a week's worth of effort. So, I guess it paid off. I've gotten very creative with veggies. Stir fry is definitely my favorite way to prepare them. Thank goodness for garlic, Mrs. Dash and soy sauce!

Thanks for all of the support and I hope you all have a great week and there will be less of you next time you weigh-in!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070...0/145/181/.png

Optichick1 12-07-2009 12:20 PM

Wow, you guys are awesome. Reading the posts and drawing from all of your enthusiasm, trials and successes truly gets me thru the week! I didn't get to weigh in last week and I ran out of all my protein packets, except 2 by Sat. So, I pretty much just ate as low carb as I could all weekend. I saved the packets I did have for today and hopefully I can go see my coach today or tomorrow. I think I told you in my last post that I've lost about 16 pounds. Yesterday, I went looking for a cheap pair of jeans, cause my others are not only old, but looked really baggy on me. Well, I bought a 16! I haven't worn a 16 in at least 4 years!! I'm pretty excited. I may wear them every day this week:)

Ogdog13 12-07-2009 12:35 PM

I can't find who was asking about alternative bars, but I've found Bora Bora Peanut bars on netrition (on sale too) that have 12 g of carbs, which is less than IP caramel peanut bars. Given it is higher in fat... Closest I've been able to find carb wise. And hey, its organic.

I have recipes to make your own bars and cookies on pages 22 and 23 of the recipe section. Some of the recipes aren't high in fat or carbs. Given I can't tell you how they will taste as I haven't tried them yet, just found them surfing for recipes, but they might be a good try!!

For those of you looking to make your own shakes, I can tell you that ISS Whey Matrix, Chocolate is scrumptious. And it is made with stevia!!! Whoohooo. This is also on sale at netrition.com. :carrot:

Sandrab 12-07-2009 12:43 PM

well i kind of had a rough weekend, which was disappointing after such a good week. I did not follow my diet completely at our big christmas party. i had planned to, but i did not. i am not sure if i am mad about it or not. i was wearing a new outfit that i purchased for the event, in a size that i have not had on in at least 6 years. i felt good about everything and i was excited to go and see people i rarely see. it all started with the decision to have wine with supper. did pretty good at supper, sticking to mostly what i can have. but i had a few drinks over the evening. i guess if i am mad it is mainly because we have alot of these occasions throughout december, and i know i have to be more disciplined. went to far to sell myself short at this time. so hopefully being that this was the biggest one, maybe that was my way of thinking...dont know....but back on track today anyways...

echobaby 12-07-2009 01:07 PM

Wow, I'm going nuts. I thought I had been on I.P.for 6 weeks, but its only 5. So when I weighed myself after the TG weekend splurge, that was just 2 days after my official weigh-in day. So even though that day showed a 4.5 gain, for the SAME week I'm down 3. I.P. is an amazing thing!:cp::cp:

Simplymar 12-07-2009 03:14 PM

Thanks Echobaby, I'm trying to keep myself from getting discouraged. I know it's better than any diet plan I've ever followed. Just want to keep the weight loss moving. And of course I'd rather be done sooner than later.

Maia 12-07-2009 04:22 PM

I am baking cupcakes for my students. Not tempted to try them at all, but I did forget and "taste" the batter. I know this is not a huge deal, but of course, now I am paranoid about it since my first weigh-in is tomorrow. Also, now my stomach is all gurgly. Probably the power of suggestion, but it still really bothers me!

spatime 12-07-2009 04:44 PM

Yippee !!! Weigh in today - lost 5.2!!!! That's after 2 weeks of only 1.6 and .4 lost....I am happy with that....so that totals 27.1 lost since Oct 6...Hang in there everyone!

echobaby 12-07-2009 05:08 PM

anybody tried these?

http://www6.netrition.com/dixie_cup_meals.html

Ogdog, do you mix the ISS protien in a blender?

Ogdog13 12-07-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echobaby (Post 3038299)
anybody tried these?

http://www6.netrition.com/dixie_cup_meals.html

Ogdog, do you mix the ISS protien in a blender?

Yeppers with some water only and it isn't bad. Not great, but not bad. I am going to try mixing some SF pudding in with it tonight. I'll let you know how that goes.

Mirazon 12-07-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maia (Post 3037605)
I'm new to IP, started the program on 11/30... First "official" weigh-in tomorrow.

Welcome!!! There are a lot of great people here eager to support you in your decision to follow IP!! Keep us posted on your progress.

Mirazon 12-07-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrab (Post 3037959)
but back on track today anyways...

Hi Sandrab,

I definitely wouldn't waste too much time being mad. Life is going to happen while we're on this program and in the maintenance phase. The key is how we deal with it. The most important thing is that you are back on track:)!

Sandrab 12-07-2009 10:00 PM

thanks mirazon! i know you are right, guess just because i have been so determined all along, and amazing how quickly i can slip.

you are doing awesome by the way!! you must be very proud....

torchlaker 12-07-2009 10:47 PM

Wow - what wonderful losses! Very inspiring!! I hope I have access to a computer when I am in Cleveland...I think I will need this forum to keep me as honest as I can be without IP. Basically, I think I will just eat lowcarb if given the choice.

I weigh in tomorrow...not expecting anything...cuz this was the week that I started substituting different things for IP. Like I said, I still believe IP has the "most bang for your buck" as far as lowfat, lowcarb and highprotein. Might get some of those bars Ogdog mentioned (Ogdog...Netrition should give us a commission!!). I will be happy if I stay close to the weight I was last week.

Maja--my stomach has been gurgling all day (must be the malitol in those Atkins bars). I don't think one taste of cake batter will throw you out of ketosis.

SandraB - don't beat yourself up over the wine. I think you did really good. I already know that the one gal is going to have "apricot slush" at our party on Thursday...and I plan on at least 1 glass! These "potluck" things are like a buffet....ya just don't know what you are going to be able to eat. I am gonna put a bar in my purse just in case there is nothing I can eat, I guess. I really SHOULD take something healthy but I am not! We are expecting about a foot of snow...and there might be a chance the party will be cancelled, so I am making a dessert that everyone likes. That way, I KNOW it will go, or I can give it to someone if it doesn't go...and if the party is cancelled, I can freeze it and give it to someone as a Christmas gift!

torchlaker 12-07-2009 10:58 PM

From Mirazon: Life is going to happen while we're on this program and in the maintenance phase. The key is how we deal with it.

I believe Mirazon said it right. Life is going to happen! We cannot BEAT ourselves up! These ARE the holidays! SandraB got right back on track...hopefully, I can do the same. Mirazon....you are going to town here! Other than Valkyrie...I do believe you have the highest weight loss. You have a very "matter-of-fact" attitude, and we can all learn from you.

Echobaby - you have already got to look great at the weight you are now...at 5'7"!! Are people noticing? I was 5'7" for years....guess I lost 2" due to boneloss or something. I figure by the time I am 70, I will be 4'2".

So - talk about procrastination - I ordered the "rock and roll stepper" by Tony Little (gotta NOT watch HSN and QVC)...and I haven't even opened the box! I am thinking to myself "How the heck am I gonna stay on that thing...my balance is not good." I should have waited ONE more day, and ordered the trampoline. I used to love my trampoline but got nervous on it once I got older. This one had a stabilizer bar that I could have held onto. Actually, I should have ordered nothing!! Tony Litle makes it look like so much fun, tho!! It was supposed to target inner thighs and core...which are my biggest problems.

So - tomorrow for the party - I am gonna wear my new "jeans" or leggings....a leopard top-- and fringed boots!! Yeah!! What a shocker!

Maia 12-07-2009 11:12 PM

So, what's the story on the WF peanut butter? Everyone I've talked to seems to hate it, but I am such a peanut butter fanatic, I had to give it a shot. The consistency is rather disturbing, but I find if I think of it more as a dessert (it is kind of custardy) rather than a spread, I actually quite enjoy it.

But I am skeptical of the "no calories, fat, carbs, gluten or sugars" claim. How can this be? Peanut butter is a definite comfort food for me and I can eat it by the spoonful. I will sometimes have one after my regular meal at night, just to satisfy that urge for something sweet. But I can't shake the feeling that that will derail my weight loss.

I see my coach tomorrow morning, but I was wondering what everyone here thought.

Very motivating to read all your posts!

fungirlwonder 12-07-2009 11:51 PM

I am totally new to this blogging thing so I hope I am doing this right. I started IP 3 weeks ago and have lost 18 lbs. I really love the results from this diet the pounds are just melting away!!! Other than my consultant I am the only person I know on the diet lol. So needless to say I was elated to find a blog online, its nice to see that others have the same concerns as i do. I see that some others did not like the pomegranate drink as well, I almost fell off my chair laughing, it is pretty disgusting lol. I love the bars and most of the other drinks. I think the hardest thing for me to give up was my red wine:tantrum: my husband and I are pretty social and we enjoy having a social drink with friends. Now I drink my pina colada lol and pout. I have to admit to sneaking a glass last weekend. Oh well I am only human. I look forward to any support that I can get. I can't wait to get to phase two!! which is 30 lbs away;) I wish everyone the best with their goals and I look forward to getting to know some people.

:xcheer:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072...9/135/171/.png

Ogdog13 12-08-2009 07:57 AM

[QUOTE=Maia;3038785]But I am skeptical of the "no calories, fat, carbs, gluten or sugars" claim. How can this be? QUOTE]

Maia, you have to eat their foods with caution as they do have calories it is just like .5% which isn't reportable. So if you eat say three helpings you start to have carbs and calories. Does that makes sense? LOL, I know what I am trying to say and dang if it doesn't seem to be coming out right.

Ogdog13 12-08-2009 08:02 AM

Okay everyone, the bora bora bars on netrition, the peanut ones, are just that...a whole bunch of peanuts. Its almost lilke peanut brittle without all the brittle. It is good. Given would be even better with chocolate, but hey, anything is better with chocolate.

I made a homemade chocolate shake with the whey protein I ordered and it turned out wonderful. I used 2 scoops of weigh protein, 2 cups of cold water and SF chocolate fudge Jello pudding mix. YUM, YUM, YUM!!!

ottawa 12-08-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogdog13 (Post 3039068)
I made a homemade chocolate shake with the whey protein I ordered and it turned out wonderful. I used 2 scoops of weigh protein, 2 cups of cold water and SF chocolate fudge Jello pudding mix. YUM, YUM, YUM!!!

Sounds great, I am going to try that with the whey protein that I have. How much of the pudding mix did you use?

Ogdog13 12-08-2009 09:04 AM

Has anyone tried these noodles?

http://www.house-foods.com/Tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

Ogdog13 12-08-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottawa (Post 3039080)
Sounds great, I am going to try that with the whey protein that I have. How much of the pudding mix did you use?

I used the whole pudding mix and it got really thick, you could use 1/2 and probably get the same yummy results, or more water.

ottawa 12-08-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogdog13 (Post 3039145)
I used the whole pudding mix and it got really thick, you could use 1/2 and probably get the same yummy results, or more water.

Thanks very much!! I will try that for breakfast tomorrow!

Have you heard of any problems ordering from web sites in the U.S. for delivery to Canada? I was wondering if there is an issue at the border?