Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

CoolBreeze....all that agonizing over nothing, huh? Look how close you are to goal!!

Vallygirl: There are some recipes in the recipe file for veggies. Pretty much, I either put WaldenFarms honey dijon dressing over mine (adding in some more mustard tho)....or I make a quick dressing to put over them....olive oil, lemon juice, garlic - whatever.

My suggestion for any newbies would be to try to go back thru old posts. A lot of us asked the same questions and you will learn a lot.

Grabec - you are back and didn't throw in the towel. Night time is the hardest for me, too. Some of my "mind tricks" are going thru old posts to re-energize myself....search the net for veggie recipes....I also bead and will try to do something with my hands (sew, bead, manicure). If my brain gets too bad, I get up and try to do something totally different than what I was doing -- clean (yuk) - paint - empty out my mailbox...do bills (again, yuk). Sometimes I just go to bed!!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #77  

torchlaker- I found out about IP from my husband's co-worker. How long have you been doing IP?

Last edited by chjsmom; 11-04-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 212/192/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
I probably have said my age a hundred times...but I am 62!! (but starting to feel younger by the day....I was an "old" 62 for the past 2 years). It is VERY encouraging to see women in their 40's, 50's and 60's on here. It certainly does get harder as we get older...but I am so impressed with IP...because age really doesn't seem to matter.

Ottawa -- I never heard that about the lemon juice or sea salt bath...wish I had known. I just suffered! Personal note here -- the 2 days after the weekend I cheated were awful (was yours, Sandrab??). Almost like going thru it all over again. A VERY good reason for me not to cheat!!

Josh...this is going to be exciting for all of us. Was highschool hard for you? Kids can be so cruel. I had the opposite problem in HS...I was TOO skinny! (hard to believe that now!). I was 5'7" -- and 93 lbs. I was called a human zipper (ya know..if I stuck my tongue out I looked like a zipper)...and many other things! I will be alone for Thanksgiving, too. I was alone last year, too....but I "planned" my day out before. I made some cool food...got a movie I wanted to see....made a pair of pajamas...I ended up actually looking forward to the day. I plan to do the same this year.....

So...I have been sitting here staring at my chart from the doctor...and still can't believe it. They gave me a chart of my measurements, BMI, etc. No wonder my clothes don't fit. I lost 5" in my hips, 4" in my waist and my percentage of fat went from 42% to 37.8%. I think I am gonna frame it.

I start my day with this forum...and I end my day with this forum. It helps to keep me on track.

Welcome newbies! Can I ask a question of you all? How did you find out about IP? General search on the internet? Friends that were on it? Cruising the 3 fat chicks website? (I am generally nosey....I only knew about IP because my doctor decided to distribute it...otherwise, I have NO idea how I would have found out about it!
Wow! You are really doing great! I'm one of the newbies...I'm in the middle of my 2nd week. I found out about IP from a customer of mine who had lost 90lbs. It took me over a month to make the decision to start. I'm 5' and my starting weight was 212. I've always struggled slightly with weight, but it wasn't until I started menopause, that it skyrocketed.
I had a few issues the 2nd day and a couple other days, but my body is responding pretty well...I guess, if 4 lbs is a good loss for the first week.
I've read some of the posts about cheating...I have a big weekend coming up and I'm not worried about the food as much as having some drinks. Has anyone cheated with alcohol? I have a mini reunion with some old friends and we always bring wine and share...what do you think?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #79  

Everyone needs to put the date that they started IP as their user title so we will know when you started the diet. Just fun to know!

Go to User CP at top and edit profile.

Last edited by chjsmom; 11-04-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #80  
Started 11/05/2009

S/C/G: 151.4/145/115

Height: 5'

Torchlaker: Thanks for the welcome! I received an e-newsletter from the place online where we buy a lot of our vitamins. One of the company owners had lost weight on IP and had become a coach. I just knew this would be the fastest, healthiest way I could lose my extra pounds. I can hardly wait to get started! Ü
Old 11-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #81  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Hello to all - newbies and previous members! I started IP August 3 2009 and I am 36 y. o.

Went to my weigh in last night and lost another 7,25# in 2 weeks to a record low of 185#!!! Last time I weighed that much was in college! This should allow me to wrap-up the program before Christmas with accelerated phases 2 and 3... unless I go for another 20#... As anyone left the program for a few months and started it over again? Have you kept your 1st goal weight in the in between period? Don't know what to do anymore... It has been so long since I weighed that low that sometimes I don't recognise myself!

To keep "things" moving, I had to take a laxative at two occasions in 3 months... Now, the "issue" seems resolved...

This is worth the effort! I am worth it and so are you!!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #82  

What supplement is everyone taking? Are you taking the supplements IP recommends? Multi-vitamin, cal-mag, potassium-calcium, omega III, anti-oxy, enzymes?
Old 11-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #83  
Just Keep Swimming!

S/C/G: 215

Height: 5'8"

Default Thanksgiving vs. Ideal

Hi Everyone,
I will be heading out after work to an Ideal Protien diet meeting at a local doctors office. I was wondering if its a good idea to start this before the holidays set in. I am motivated after reading all these great posts. I've done Jenny, WW, Nutri system and bead diet. I have lost weight on all 40-50 lbs, then gained them back. I trying to to figure out why I can't keep it off. Am I crazy for starting another 'diet'? I think I need Jillian shouting in my face to figure out why! Or a shrink? Anyway, I know I can follow any plan but is this the golden ticket? How much should I expect to pay tonight if I begin?
I don't want to be labeled 40 and fat. Help!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #84  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Question Great work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
Hello to all - newbies and previous members! I started IP August 3 2009 and I am 36 y. o.

Went to my weigh in last night and lost another 7,25# in 2 weeks to a record low of 185#!!! Last time I weighed that much was in college! This should allow me to wrap-up the program before Christmas with accelerated phases 2 and 3... unless I go for another 20#... As anyone left the program for a few months and started it over again? Have you kept your 1st goal weight in the in between period? Don't know what to do anymore... It has been so long since I weighed that low that sometimes I don't recognise myself!

To keep "things" moving, I had to take a laxative at two occasions in 3 months... Now, the "issue" seems resolved...

This is worth the effort! I am worth it and so are you!!
Amazing result! Do you have any before and after photo's you can share??

I started IP on 10/24/09 and have felt wonderful since day 1, however today I woke up with a major headache and I notice back/kidney pains last night ......has anyone experienced these side effects? Also,, my acne has been horrible......can anyone relate?
Old 11-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #85  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
What supplement is everyone taking? Are you taking the supplements IP recommends? Multi-vitamin, cal-mag, potassium-calcium, omega III, anti-oxy, enzymes?

I do take supplements but not the IP recommended ones. . They were $21.00 a bottle which seems pretty ridiculous to me. So I just bought some from GNC . Just an FYI, If I don't take supplements I feel like crap! Do you take any??
Old 11-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #86  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynerd View Post
Hi Everyone,
I will be heading out after work to an Ideal Protien diet meeting at a local doctors office. I was wondering if its a good idea to start this before the holidays set in. I am motivated after reading all these great posts. I've done Jenny, WW, Nutri system and bead diet. I have lost weight on all 40-50 lbs, then gained them back. I trying to to figure out why I can't keep it off. Am I crazy for starting another 'diet'? I think I need Jillian shouting in my face to figure out why! Or a shrink? Anyway, I know I can follow any plan but is this the golden ticket? How much should I expect to pay tonight if I begin?
I don't want to be labeled 40 and fat. Help!

I think starting as soon as you can. The sooner the better. How would it be to be at your goal weight on New Years and not be making the resolution to lose weight!!!!

And about the regain I think maintence is so important. Will you have a coach during your IP process??

I've been paying $27.00 a box (7 packets) which you are to consume 3 packets a day. So it averages out to about $4 something a meal which is right about what a cheese burger would cost you!!

Good Luck with you new plans!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 194.5/175.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

I am 33 - just had my birthday on monday So great to see everyone on this forum - so helpful!

I am having some trouble getting back on the wagon after my unintentional 2 week hiatus. I have my weigh-in on Thursday. I have maybe only lose a pound or two in the the last two weeks - at least I didn't gain.

For those of you that have been sticking with it - KEEP IT UP!! The momentum is so helpful....although you may not recognize that until you fall off the wagon like I did.

As far as supplements - my doctor right now is strongly advocating for vitamin D. I'm currently taking 4000IUs right now and would recommend that to you guys as well! It's super-cheap - just buy a big bottle from Costco. They have the little gel tab thingys (the gel is better than the hard pill according to my Dr.) and they come in 2000IUs so you just take 2 a day.

Good luck this week everyone!

And Josh: you can do this!!! The first week is really hard - I cried a couple of times from the headache but it does get better and you won't believe how good you feel!

Last edited by Gink; 11-04-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #88  

S/C/G: S225/C192/G160

Height: 5'6"

I heard about ideal protien from a friend who heard it from a family member and I really like it. I find it easier to completely deny myself certain things than it is for me to limit them. and I do use the IP supliments. Thanks for the encouragment and suggestions
Old 11-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCASS View Post
I do take supplements but not the IP recommended ones. . They were $21.00 a bottle which seems pretty ridiculous to me. So I just bought some from GNC . Just an FYI, If I don't take supplements I feel like crap! Do you take any??
I don't start until Friday, but I do take some supplements from GNC. I think I'm going take them to my appt. tomorrow and see how they compare to the IP recommended ones.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #90  

S/C/G: S225/C192/G160

Height: 5'6"

By the way Josh i had a really hard time the first couple of weeks but I found that if I took my suppliments with really warm water with a bit of sea salt in it that really helped with the headaches
Closed Thread