Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 05:06 AM   #61  

Default Question for SHOWGIRLAZ

How is your coach working out for you? Talked to someone on IP who feels her male coach in AZ doesn't really coach but just sells product and takes measurements. Was told he often demeans instead of encourages if he doesn't think the weight loss is satisfactory. She talked to other coaches and it seems hers really isn't doing what a lot of others are. I'd like to do IP but don't want to start with a coach who just wants to take my payment, measurements, and send me on my way. Thoughts?
Old 04-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #62  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
How is your coach working out for you? Talked to someone on IP who feels her male coach in AZ doesn't really coach but just sells product and takes measurements. Was told he often demeans instead of encourages if he doesn't think the weight loss is satisfactory. She talked to other coaches and it seems hers really isn't doing what a lot of others are. I'd like to do IP but don't want to start with a coach who just wants to take my payment, measurements, and send me on my way. Thoughts?

Every person will, of course, have an individual experience with their coach. I have to say I really like mine. He was really quite new to IP at the time we started working together; he'd only completed the program last year for himself. I have seen his style change, his experience related information grow, he constantly keeps in touch, is concerned about me and my whole life impact on the diet (stress, etc.). He takes my concerns seriously and treats them as if they are all important. He will keep trying to get answers and not give up. He says things to keep me focused, shows real enthusiasm over even the smallest losses, and doesn't beat me up for a slip up or low loss. He doesn't encourage me going off the strictest version of the program, tries not to give me leeway that might make the diet harder, wants to see me keeping a journal, takes picture and weights/measures regularly. He provides information on how the program works or chemistry of the body is effected as it is known by him or appropriate. I don't feel rushed or pushed out when I have an appointment with him.

I would have to say, I have a great coach.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 249/229/160

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromtheshoe View Post
I use the vanilla shake in my coffee instead of cream and sugar. It's so good.
Thank you for that tip. I can't wait to try it! My beloved creamy coffee is in my future!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dalai Mama View Post
Thank you for that tip. I can't wait to try it! My beloved creamy coffee is in my future!

Cute name!!

I like to make the vanilla pudding with about 8 oz of cold water and give it a good shake. Then I pour it in to a big coffee mug (like a friends coffeehouse sized mug) and heat it up for about a minute before topping it up with coffee & a splash of french vanilla sugar free divinci syrup.

It's frothy and rich and tastes like a cafe au lait! - I have it every morning!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #65  
Me, only smaller.

S/C/G: 195/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Lime juice

Lemon juice as an approved item on my list from my coach, but not lime.

I would imagine they are the same, but was looking for insight here to be sure.

I want to make a cilantro lime vinegarette.

Last edited by FlourishGirl; 04-26-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Because evidently, I can't type.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:43 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourishGirl View Post
Lemon juice as an approved item on my list from my coach, but not lime.

I would imagine they are the same, but was looking for insight here to be sure.

I want to make a cilantro lime vinegarette.
I have the same instructions but haven't been able to find out why. Researching it, all I can find is that the PH of lime is more acidic than the PH of lemon by a slight amount. Perhaps, because the diet tries to control for ph or acidity the lime is out??? Although, to be somewhat honesty that would only also be logical if lemon has less sugars than grapefruit or orange which are both, and respectively, more alkaline than lemon.

Call me clueless too!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #67  
jitters

S/C/G: 180/163/145

Height: 5'6''

Smile Ip

I've currently lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks.. noticing sagging skin. Any suggestions?
Old 05-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitters View Post
I've currently lost 25 lbs in 6 weeks.. noticing sagging skin. Any suggestions?
Eat more of the jello and drink more of the blueberry pomegranate drink. They have stuff in them to help with skin elasticity.

Also, talk to your coach. IP offers some high grad (medical grade) collagen/elasticin builder supplements.

Drink more water!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Eat more of the jello and drink more of the blueberry pomegranate drink. They have stuff in them to help with skin elasticity.

Also, talk to your coach. IP offers some high grad (medical grade) collagen/elasticin builder supplements.

Drink more water!
Make sure you're getting your full dose of olive oil for the day, too. I'm trying to keep well moisturized but I still have a lot of extra skin too. As much as I hate it though, I'd rather loose skin than tight skin full of extra fat!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

What is the problem with aspertame? Does it affect weight loss or is it restricted because of health issues?

FYI, just wanted others to know that I contacted IP by email and told them there was no clinic in my area and I was able to get online and can order what I want with no hassles.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #71  

TO WUC1013
From what I understand, some people get headaches from aspartme. We have a couple docs as neighbors and they use only sucralose (Splenda) and they also believe that Stevia is a good option. Even Dr. Tien Tran Chan discusses in his book aspartame as the non-sugary sweetener to be used, but that book was written before sucralose (Splenda and generic equivalents) were on the market and available. The IP packets do not use aspartame (Equal brand) but instead, the sucralose which tells you it is preferred over aspartame. Google aspartame for more info. Stevia, the natural leafy herb supplement is what I use when I need a sweetener. It's available in liquid or powder.

Did you go directly to IPs website and how much was each IP packet or box of 7 packets. Please let me know the website. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
TO WUC1013
From what I understand, some people get headaches from aspartme. We have a couple docs as neighbors and they use only sucralose (Splenda) and they also believe that Stevia is a good option. Even Dr. Tien Tran Chan discusses in his book aspartame as the non-sugary sweetener to be used, but that book was written before sucralose (Splenda and generic equivalents) were on the market and available. The IP packets do not use aspartame (Equal brand) but instead, the sucralose which tells you it is preferred over aspartame. Google aspartame for more info. Stevia, the natural leafy herb supplement is what I use when I need a sweetener. It's available in liquid or powder.

Did you go directly to IPs website and how much was each IP packet or box of 7 packets. Please let me know the website. Thanks.
It is idealtogo.com sent them an email and they called and set me up over the phone. Then I went online and did my assessment and I have access to the whole website and can order whenever. I have not ordered from them yet because I got some things from my sister who lives near a center.
wen
Old 05-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
What is the problem with aspertame? Does it affect weight loss or is it restricted because of health issues?

FYI, just wanted others to know that I contacted IP by email and told them there was no clinic in my area and I was able to get online and can order what I want with no hassles.
Before sucralose, aspertame was the lowest impact sugar substitute thought safe for diabetics. At that time Dr. Chanh used it as part of the protocol. Since then, in the past 20 years, it has been learned that aspertame (equal) has its own issues. Issues that are, in some countries minds, significant enough to not allow it to be over a certain percentage of the volume of a food item.

The only things that are known with certainty are Aspertame has an impact on the body's insulin production. It does activate the pancreas. That being the case it is no longer considered a reasonable sweetener for this protocol. The idea is we are to use sweeteners that cause the least response from the pancreas and the smallest change in insulin. Sucralose, and Stevia (rebiana), and acesulfame potassium (acesulfame k) or ACE-k are the preferred sweetners along with a few sugar alcohols that don't cause an insulin response. ( if you research sweeteners glycemic index or, more importantly glycemic load, you will see the differences) WE STILL NEED TO BE VERY CAREFUL USING SUCRALOSE. IT MEASURES APPROXIMATELY 1 CARB per TSP.

Also, be very careful to avoid most sugar alcohols. The top of the "to avoid list" are any of the maltotol, maltodextrin family. xylitol and erythritol seem to work ok for most people.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-09-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #74  

Hi !

I've been reading in some post in the forum that everyone that goes to the restaurant bring their own salt.. I'm using my ''IP salt'' at home, but when I go to the restaurant, is that correct if I use the own they have there ? What's the difference ?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Cost of IP

Hi,

I've seen this question a few times and some answers in different threads. Each clinic is different and i just wanted to share mine for the benefit of people interested in this diet.

yesterday was my first appointment and measurements, they also gave me a starter kit containing all the informational materials, food log, 28 packets, my supplements and a shaker for preparing the food and a bag to carry it all.

the admin fee for the clinic was = $125
the supplements:
omega3 = $31,
multi-vit=$30,
cal-mag = $25 ,
potassium-calcium = $15

natural calm(for constipation) = $22
ip shaker and bag = $15

sea salt(small) = $2.50

28 protein packets at $4 each = $115

Not sure if this is the same per clinic, but this should give you an idea what to expect the first time. It is a big amount up front, so be prepared.

they told me the supplements would last about 4-6 weeks usually. but as you take a different number of each, you might need to refill some sooner than the others.

Hope this helps.
Closed Thread