Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #166  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
The carb to fiber ratio is excellent; high protein for 50 calories; low fat; low sodium; and high potassium. I'd really like to know what's wrong with it. ANd if no one knows, do you know who one can ask?
I don't believe that IP deals with net carbs, or a carb to fiber ratio. Just pure carbs. I'm not 100% positive, but that might be it.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #167  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

[QUOTE=jpenne;3389773]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
I don't believe that IP deals with net carbs, or a carb to fiber ratio. Just pure carbs. I'm not 100% positive, but that might be it.
You are correct about the use of net carbs. To me, a ratio is a different thing altogether, i.e., in this case it shows a hefty amount of fiber. Sorry if this sounds ambiguous.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 231/210/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
After drinking my usual 20 or more cups of water I wanted something different. So I bought a SoBe 0 calorie drink. I read the label and realized that a serving was 8 ounces and there were 2 1/2 servings in the bottle. great. I drink about 4 ounces - look at the label again and see the 6 carbohydrates per serving. Now I'm freeking. 6 carbs????? Most of the packaged IP food has less than that. How can they call if 0 calories if there are 6 carbs? I was always taught to figure 4 kcalories per 1 gram of carbohydrate. This is sweetened with PureVia which "is derived from Stevia, a plant native to South America. PureVia's sweetness comes from Reb-A, a high-purity extract of the stevia leaf."
So, we are allowed stevia, is the SoBe okay? Or am I flirting with stalling because of the carbohydrates? (Mutter about truth in advertising ) Some days I wish this was easier!
I was drinking these too thinking they were on program but realized the carbs but no sugar. I really like them and when I do have them I put it over a lot of crushed ice so it will dilute. Does anyone know if these are ok or not?
Old 07-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripmommy View Post

I was drinking these too thinking they were on program but realized the carbs but no sugar. I really like them and when I do have them I put it over a lot of crushed ice so it will dilute. Does anyone know if these are ok or not?
Since I have some in the fridge I'll probably have 1/2 cup drink on a day I eat no restricted foods or vegetables. Then I'll avoid buying them. My coach was the one who suggested to be sure to avoid them on a day I eat restricted items.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:15 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

I make my own ice tea every day. Decaf any tea (usually from mighty leaf), brew it a bit, put it over a pitcher full of ice with a pinch of splenda! I did it the other day with fresh mint from my yard, simmered the fresh mint leafs, then poured the water over ice with splenda...OMG refreshing all organic mint tea.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #171  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I make my own ice tea every day. Decaf any tea (usually from mighty leaf), brew it a bit, put it over a pitcher full of ice with a pinch of splenda! I did it the other day with fresh mint from my yard, simmered the fresh mint leafs, then poured the water over ice with splenda...OMG refreshing all organic mint tea.
That sounds really refreshing! Thanks!
Old 07-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #172  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Default Eggs VS. Egg Whites

I have read posts from a few people saying if they don't want it to count as their protein, they use an egg white. Does this count as any protein at all? I'm just a little confused as to how it works with the yellows vs. the whites
Old 07-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

anyone know why we can't have red wine vinegar? on the label there is 0% everything... balsamic I can see but hmmm... and yet we can have regular vinegar... I have an awesome vinaigrette rice but calls for red wine vinegar!

Thanks ladies... I know some out there is in the know!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:19 AM   #174  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
anyone know why we can't have red wine vinegar? on the label there is 0% everything... balsamic I can see but hmmm... and yet we can have regular vinegar... I have an awesome vinaigrette rice but calls for red wine vinegar!

Thanks ladies... I know some out there is in the know!

1 T has .04 carbohydrates and no sugar. Maybe you might ask you coach. But are you putting this on rice?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
1 T has .04 carbohydrates and no sugar. Maybe you might ask you coach. But are you putting this on rice?

No... spelling oopps.... I want to make a salad dressing with the red wine vinegar LOL... and NO for sure no rice!

thanks
Old 08-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #176  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Just a friendly reminder to please make sure that these posts are just for the FAQ thread (sticky) .. all introductions, hello's, and/or regular questions should be posted on the weekly thread below (reason is, if this thread gets to big we have to lock it or I have to start deleting posts).

Please don't be offended if I clean up the STICKY threads by deleting some of them

Thank you all for understanding,
Leenie
Old 08-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 165/125/117

Height: 5' 3"

Default Sea Salt Hint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makita524 View Post
I've been on IP for a little over a week and I'm leaving to go apartment hunting in DC and will not have another weigh in for two weeks. I am afraid I'm going to run out of the IP sea salt. Can I use store bought sea salt and not jeopardize my weight loss?
Hi Makita,

Here in Montana, Albertson's carries Redmond RealSalt Ancient All Natural sea Salt in 26 oz. bags. That amount lasts a long time. I'm sorry but I don't remember what I paid for it.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 165/125/117

Default Phase 4 Evening Protein Snack

Evening Protein Snack on Phase 4: My coach suggested eating CarbMaster Yogurt (sold at Smith's Grocery or Fred Meyers) as an evening protein snack as the carbs are minimal. But, truthfully I am getting sick of it. Does anyone have any ideas for other protein snacks other than the Ideal Protein packets?

Last edited by librarylady402; 08-05-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 217/210/140

Red face hi I'm new

Hi I'm new here. I am just starting with the IP diet. I went to a presentation last night regarding it and meet with my "Coach"? not sure what they are called on Monday. I've been reading your threads and have found lots of good ideas but some of it I don't know what you are talking about. I don't know if this is the thread I want to join or not so any suggestions will be good.

Thanks all.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:11 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfuzzy View Post
Hi I'm new here. I am just starting with the IP diet. I went to a presentation last night regarding it and meet with my "Coach"? not sure what they are called on Monday. I've been reading your threads and have found lots of good ideas but some of it I don't know what you are talking about. I don't know if this is the thread I want to join or not so any suggestions will be good.

Thanks all.
Congratulations on your decision to do Ideal Protein. Please check out the different areas under the Ideal Protein forum. They have been a huge help to me. Lots of wonderful recipes too. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks for me and my husband. In one week he was off metformin (4 a day) and blood sugar from 300 to normal within 2 weeks. He is off Inderal, which he has taken for 26 years for tremors - and he no longer has the tremors. He and I have both lost our cravings (immediately). He has gone from 44 pants to 38 pants. I have gone from 16 to 10. It is the best program by far that we have been on. Best of luck to you!
Closed Thread