Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Sweetpoison - well, I lived in Cleveland for over 34 years...just moved to Michigan 4 years ago (my childhood home). I am SURE if we have IP up in this tiny area, there must be one in Cleveland. Hope you find one.

Ukeandewitt: There are some conflicting theories on sweeteners here. I was told I could use Stevia or Splenda...that aspartame was supposed to slow down weight loss. I was told I couldn't use Crystal Light.

In all honesty, I do have a half of a can of DietRite at night. My doc knew I had a cola addiction -- lol! I rarely ever finish it, but I like cola with my dinner. Otherwise, I just drink water. Great idea about the pumpkin pie spice....will have to try that. I don't think I was allowed any sugarfree whipped cream yet. I DID buy the marshmallow dip from Walden Farms, thinking I could "pretend" it was whipped cream, but I have yet to try it. I also read that you could add a dollop of the marshmallow dip to a powdered shake and it would make it thicker. I hate shakes...so I didn't try it. I use a lot of different DiVinci sugarfree syrups. I think there is a pumpkin one that I might try for the holidays. I add about a Tablespoon or less to my puddings. They are sweetened with Splenda.

Colel75 - are you still having sugar cravings? Mine have diminished greatly. I went to a party tonight and NO ONE could believe i didn't hit the dessert table(I wouldn't even go look at it....lol). I LOVE sugar! ....but surprisingly, I am able to live without it as long as I can have a bar (mmmmm...vanilla/peanut butter is my favorite). I am going to put my stupid scale either in the basement or garage, cuz I just can't stop stepping on it!! For a day or two, I am SO happy to see the lower number...and then I get crazy and start agonizing when it doesn't move!

See Texan123 -- we told you the packets were pretty good. I remember being on a program (was it the old Formu3 program??) and the shakes,puddings, etc., were just awful (maybe that is where my adversion to shakes comes from...).Actually, I DO carry a premade vanilla shake in a tiny cooler in the car when I am out....just in case.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #47  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

good morning IP friends!

I was told the same thing about the sweetener, that splenda was the only kind i could use. even that i use sparingly, opening a packet and using only a dash for salad dressings. i get about 3-4 uses out of a packet, using only about one a week. i am thankful that i have always been a water drinker, never drank much pop anyways, unless it were with a cocktail! and we all know how many of those we can have right now...i mentioned before about my planned cheat coming up for my nieces social on halloween nite. it is really weird, because any diet i have been on before, i had no problem going off for a weekend due to a special occasion and believe me, was pretty much guilt free! i think about this social all the time and wonder if i am going to be ABLE to cheat! i guess the power of results mixed with motivation are a powerful combination. this is the first time i can actually see that my goal is within reach. i am not having any major problems with this diet, realize that i am only going on my fifth week starting monday. but after 3 weighins i have lost 18 lbs and hope to see a possible 3 more at tuesdays weighin. if i do / 21 lbs for a months work seems well worth it to me!! i try not to look at the fact that i have at least 3 more months on this diet, considering i am taking a week off for our trip to mayan riviera in january (figure i can treat myself by that point) i try to go one day at a time. i am not missing the carbs so much, i guess my only complaint being the limitations in the veggies. who knew carrots and beans would be restricted!! darn! have a good day everyone.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #48  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

Oh i wanted to add something else. i had a bad experience this week with one of my lunch dishes. i work at a papermill, 10 hour shifts so it can be tricky on this diet for such a long day. ( i wake up at 530am, and dont return home till 6pm) so i found a hearty dish that helps get thru such a long day. its not a recipe so not posting on that thread...i use a packet of the leek or chicken soup - and add one whole package of the frozen chopped spinach, and a small can of asparagus. the spinach really beefs up the soup. so i was eating my soup as mentioned above and was 3-4 through it, when i looked down and seen a damn bug. it was a lady bug too. now these are wayyyyyyyy out of season here. we have had snow for weeks already. so this likely came from the frozen chopped spinach package. sadly i am a wimp with bugs, always have been. now i do not know if i can stomach that soup anymore, and that was a lifesaver for me at work. then someone said, how do you know it did not come from those packets your using....NOW i am checking every damn packet. seriously, it could not be from those i hope...had to be the spinach....sorry, but thought i would share this...
Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #49  

Height: 5'6"

Texan123- thanks for the recipe location, I find it last night and printed the oatmeal cookie one, are we allowed these, given the extra oats? Just wanted to check due tot the carbs but it sounds so yummy.

Torchlaker-Thanks for the concern on the sugar crakings, this weekend they have been pretty bad but I think its because I am due any minute so thats probably causing it cuz usually if i just chew a piece of sf orbit gum it goes away, or i use the sf wf chocolate dip to get me through. Good job on skipping the dessert table, i would have to do the same and walk away. Im the same with the scale too I have to stop.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #50  
sweetpoison

S/C/G: 224/230/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan123 View Post
Have you called?

Store Locator

From the IP webpage: Our Network of partners consists of more than 2500 service outlets in North America. It will be our pleasure to inform you of our nearest service location. Please dial our toll free number for customer service. (1-866) 314-4447.
Yes, I did call. The office was closed so I left a message. If I dont hear from them I will try again. I also emailed them.

By the way....how expensive are we talking here?
Vicki

Last edited by sweetpoison; 10-18-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #51  
Ideal Protein Newbie

S/C/G: 185/185/135

Height: 5'2"

Sweet Poison - I guess different locations charge a different amount for the "physical and first appointment". I've heard $55 and $100 for that. The boxes of food (and I can only buy boxes which I hate -- some places sell the packets individually which I think is ideal but of course more work for the supplier) are $27 each. They have 7 packets in them I think. The premade drinks are $29 and there are 6 of those. I don't remember what the vitamins cost but it was quite a bit. They last one month and are mandatory. It's not cheap but I don't think any more expensive than the junk I was buying.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #52  
Ideal Protein Newbie

I think we are not allowed sodas due to the phosphoric acid in it. I know that is bad for osteoporosis also.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #53  
Ideal Protein Newbie

Can someone tell how to make the puddings? Do they need to "set up"? I've read that some people drink the puddings?
Old 10-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #54  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan123 View Post
Can someone tell how to make the puddings? Do they need to "set up"? I've read that some people drink the puddings?
The puddings set up pretty quickly as you shake them in the shaker. They use,I think, 4 to 5 oz. of water. I like to use really cold water in them because I think it makes them a little smoother. If you want to use the pudding as a shake, just add more water (10-12 oz.). The vanilla makes a really good shake and you can doctor it up with different flavors of crystal light or pumpkin pie spice.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #55  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
Oh i wanted to add something else. i had a bad experience this week with one of my lunch dishes. i work at a papermill, 10 hour shifts so it can be tricky on this diet for such a long day. ( i wake up at 530am, and dont return home till 6pm) so i found a hearty dish that helps get thru such a long day. its not a recipe so not posting on that thread...i use a packet of the leek or chicken soup - and add one whole package of the frozen chopped spinach, and a small can of asparagus. the spinach really beefs up the soup. so i was eating my soup as mentioned above and was 3-4 through it, when i looked down and seen a damn bug. it was a lady bug too. now these are wayyyyyyyy out of season here. we have had snow for weeks already. so this likely came from the frozen chopped spinach package. sadly i am a wimp with bugs, always have been. now i do not know if i can stomach that soup anymore, and that was a lifesaver for me at work. then someone said, how do you know it did not come from those packets your using....NOW i am checking every damn packet. seriously, it could not be from those i hope...had to be the spinach....sorry, but thought i would share this...
I'm sure the ladybug was from the spinach. I once got a sandwich at a restaurant and it had a ladybug wrapped up in some lettuce leaves.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #56  
Started IP 9/30/09

S/C/G: 240.2/207.4/135

Height: 5'4"

What brand of extracts are you guys using? And where do you get them? I looked at the grocery store, and the ones I looked at contained alcohol.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #57  

Red face The holidays are coming!

Hi to everyone!

I'm up for a chat about the Ideal Protein diet. I started the program on August 22nd at 241 and today am at 205 on October 18. Needless to say,
my weight loss is keeping me motivated, but I need some ideas for the upcoming holidays. I still have probably 30 lbs to go yet, so I expect to be
in the program through New Years. Any suggestions? For Halloween we
bought candy my husband and I don't like. So that part was easy. And I
try to avoid the break room at work with all the holiday goodies. But it's hard
to avoid the teaming holiday banquets all together. I'd love to hear how everybody else is doing on the program and share some successes!
Old 10-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

SandraB - I almost didn't go to my party last night OR was going to go late and eat at home....Decided to go cuz I knew they were having chicken on the grill and a salad. I did ok -- wasn't motivated to cheat (because everyone was telling me how good I looked!! Great motivation!). I DID take a bit of jello salad from one friends plate, and a half of a cheesecurd from Wisconsin! Other than that...I just enjoyed all the social aspect of it...came home...ate my bar and was satisfied. I have a weekend away this coming weekend...and I am a little nervous about that...but after last night, I do feel more relaxed about it. You will do fine!

Wierd about the ladybug -- but hey!! I paint ladybugs on rocks and give them to people for "good luck" --!! I have always heard ladybugs were good luck....maybe it was a sign -- lol!! It sounds like a good recipe.....do you have to water down the soup because of all the veggies??

Texan123 -- I kinda "gulp" about the price of IP ...but ya know...isn't it nice to go to the grocery store and not spend as much? Since my hubby's death, I know I didn't eat right and felt i was sustaining myself on sugar..now that I don't buy that stuff, I know the amino acids, etc., in the packets are good for me! Vicki -- I think it is a personal decision on whether to go on IP. I think I nearly break even cuz I no longer buy junk. Also - I mix my puddings with about 5oz of water...and I do it in a bowl with a wire whisk. (took too long to get it out of that wire thingy in the shaker...and the shaker). I usually make one up in the a.m., and throw it in the refrig so that it is a nice consistency in an hour or so. You can also put them in the freezer to cool them off more, and freeze them for 30 min for an ice cream effect.

ukandewitt - I use DiVinci syrups - sugar free for changing flavors. They are sweetened with Splenda. I get them from netrition.com.

Patsue - I don't know how to do a chat (computer illiterate!). I figure I will be on IP thru New Years too. I guess I will take it "one day at a time." Your weight loss is great...You started about 2 weeks before I did...let's hope that is motivation enough, huh?
Old 10-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #59  
Ideal Protein Newbie

Thanks alwe74 and torchlaker for the info on the puddings.

One way I like to eat cucumbers is to cut them up and then put them in a bowl with vinegar and water and salt and pepper. They can stay in it for several days and are good.

I agree about probably breaking even on the food. I used to practically live on candy. I always said if I could give up the sugar I wouldn't have to worry about my weight and I think this diet will prove that.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #60  
Ideal Protein Newbie

Closed Thread