Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gink View Post
So glad everyone is maneuvering over to our new thread!

Just wanted to share my weigh-in results today. Yesterday was exactly a month that I have been on IP. So far I am down 16lbs and 11.25 inches.

I must be honest here though, I have done a few things that I shouldn't have. I've had a couple of cheat meals and I usually use a salad dressing that's probably not "safe" but that's the way I make this diet work for ME. I am eating more protein and more veggies than I ever have in my life so I know that I'm much healthier than I was a month ago. The fact that I've been able to make a few tweaks here and there is what makes this diet "real world" feasible for me.

Everyone who is starting or struggling: YOU CAN DO THIS!! If I can do it, ANYONE can.

I understand exactly what you are saying. I am the same way with dressing...I really do NOT like the WF dressings!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Well I made a modified version of the WW zero point soup tonight. It was really good! I made it pretty much like the recipe except I substituted celery for the carrots. It would be really good with some chicken or lean ground beef in it as well.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #18  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Default vegie list

Hi all,
For those who have not gotten a list of vegies, here it is:
Vegies:
NO artichoke, avocado, beets, carrots, chick peas, corn, parsnips, peas (all), potatoes, pumpkin, sweet corn, squash, yams.
Occasional (2X per week): Brussell sprouts, beans (green & wax), eggplant, hearts of palm, peppers (all colors other than green - cooked), rutabaga, snow peas, tomatoes
SELECT: alfalfa, asparagus, arugula, broccoli, bean sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage (red, bok choy, pak choi), celery, celeraic, chicory, collards, cress, cucumber, dill pickles, endive, fennel, field salad, green onions, green bell peppers (cooked), kale, kohlrabi, leeks, mushrooms, okra, onions (raw only), hot peppers, radicchio, radish, rhubarb, sauerkraut, soya, sorrel, spinach, swede, swiss chard, turnip,watercress, zucchini

Enjoy!!!
Lisa
Old 10-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Wow...I found you guys. To think, we have had SO many posts that we are getting a new thread.

Alwe74 - was the WW zero point soup the one that was mentioned earlier or is that something new? Did you see we have a "sticky" for recipes now??? That should be fun....

Texan123 - I sent you a private message.

Ya know...when you have time to "browse" - this 3 Fat Chicks website is pretty great. There are before/after pictures.....I like the one that is about Feeling Great. A lot of inspiration.

Also wanted to share about a site I am sure many of you know about...it is called: www.fitday.com. That is a pretty great site too. It is free...you can keep track of your weight...it tells you your BMI....it even has a graph that shows you how you are losing. So far, the BMI on Fitday is the same as my doctors. Does everyone get their fat percentage and BMI when they weigh in? My doc has this really cool contraption that you hold up straight with your arms out. I really couldn't understand how it worked...but HEY...Dr. Oz had it on his show last week..... I don't do a food journal on Fitday but you can....

I went out with my red hat group tonight with my new darker hair. I really didn't want them to notice the weight loss (then I would have to explain how much money I am spending)....so I figured if I changed my hair color, I could just say I looked different because of my hair. It actually worked! They even had me take my hat off...and said, "yeah, it is the hair." They didn't realize I wore a dress that I haven't been able to get into for over a year!!! But the very best part is one of my dear friends (who DOES know I am doing IP) came down and told me, "You look absolutely beautiful tonight." I was so surprised...but so pleased. Is anyone else starting to notice that they are feeling better about themselves??? I think I feel better because there is HOPE!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #20  
IP started 9/27/09

S/C/G: 232/217/125

torchlaker: apparently I don't have enough posts yet to send a PM. when you touch-up, do roots or re-fresh color, put foil around the highlights to preserve them and then just touch them up, if necessary.

Sorry for being off topic ladies.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #21  
IP started 9/27/09

S/C/G: 232/217/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Does everyone get their fat percentage and BMI when they weigh in? My doc has this really cool contraption that you hold up straight with your arms out. I really couldn't understand how it worked...but HEY...Dr. Oz had it on his show last week..... I don't do a food journal on Fitday but you can....

I went out with my red hat group tonight with my new darker hair. I really didn't want them to notice the weight loss (then I would have to explain how much money I am spending)....so I figured if I changed my hair color, I could just say I looked different because of my hair. It actually worked! They even had me take my hat off...and said, "yeah, it is the hair." They didn't realize I wore a dress that I haven't been able to get into for over a year!!! But the very best part is one of my dear friends (who DOES know I am doing IP) came down and told me, "You look absolutely beautiful tonight." I was so surprised...but so pleased. Is anyone else starting to notice that they are feeling better about themselves??? I think I feel better because there is HOPE!
My coach has one of those cool contraptions too. It measures muscle density by pinging some sort of signal through your body, supposedly. Even though I'm not losing weight as fast as I want, I did improve on the muscle density.

Even though I'm only on week 3, and have lost 8#, I have to say that I feel so much better than I did a couple of weeks ago. I think that eliminating sugar and wheat products has probably made a huge difference. This is yet another reason to keep going. I've toyed with the idea of going off, and just following Atkins with green veggies, but I need the discipline of checking in with someone, and spending the money.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #22  

Harmonymom2 - thanks for the info (again, sorry ladies...we did try to do this by private message).

I think that "contraption" is the coolest thing ever.....it has been fun to watch the BodyMass Index go down.....and it is right on with fitday. Before I went on IP, I too, had thought of doing this like Atkins on my own...but I THINK spending the money and having to "report" to someone keeps me honest.

My goal today is to do better on WATER and exercise!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Finally, I think I'm out of my rut! I went and weighed in today... 4 lbs down! 12 to go! I'm so excited! I went and put on my size 12's and am wearing them quite proudly today!
Everyone is doing so great.. I'm loving the recipes and mostly the positive attitudes! I'm so glad I found this group!!! Everyone have a great weekend!
Torchlaker, thanks for the 'fit day' suggestion.. I'm heading to check it out now!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #24  

Valkyrie....Ohmygosh....look at you!!! 4# down....makes last week seem worth it, huh?

Gals...if you want inspiration, look at Valkyrie's stats...She has lost over 100#!! -- If my math is correct...I think it is 105#!!!! I THINK just since February...am I right??? She has learned to do IP on the road since she travels a lot (I am still terrible at planning ahead just to go shopping!!) -- her suggestions are posted in earlier posts on the old forum.

Gink -- congrats!! Aren't you thrilled? I have lost 18# in 5 weeks....and have had to go digging in my closet for my "skinnier" clothes. Don't know what I am gonna do with more weight loss..I don't have anything skinnier.....I guess I will have to alter (yuk!! - hate altering!!). I am SO ready to buy new clothes...but since I still have 20+ pounds to go...I have to hold tight!!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #25  

Height: 5'6"

I am going for my 2nd week weigh in today at 5:30, I lost 8 pounds the first week but the scale this week is only showing 1 pund loss and I am not sure why its not moving, I have stuck to the plan 100% and I feel great and all my clothes are getting really lose on me. Has anyone else runinto this anywhere aloong the way in the first phase? My dietician says it happens and that I am working out too hard and that I am losing muscle and that would cause the hault. I am not letting it upset me because I feel great and although the scale doesnt say so, I fell thinner everyday. We will see today, her scale always weighs lighter than mine anyways but mine is really old too so that could make a difference, also, I am due tomorrow so that could be bloat and water retention keeping the scale from showing any more loss this week. I welcome anyones input, I appreciate all the great support, info and recipes greatly, I look forward to reading the posts everyday, it helps me stay on track. Goodluck to everyone this week.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #26  
ALM
Started IP 12/01/2010

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5"

Nice to find a group with people doing IP. I've been on the plan for 11 weeks and have had a fair amount of sucess which really suprised me. I've found the plan a lot easier to stick to than I thought it would be.

I'm wondering, what exercise requirements does everyone have? I just want to compare... the gym that I do the program through recomends one toning class and no more than 55 mins of cardio per week.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #27  

Cole75 - my doc says the average weight loss is about 3-3.5# a week. That is about where I have been staying (I am on week 6)...my scale rarely shows a loss. I don't even know why we get on it.....The first week is always the largest loss on any diet.

ALM - geez, according to your stats, you have done amazingly well. There are different theories on exercise here. My dr. told me that if one HAS been exercising, just keep doing it. If one hasn't...take it easier. I was never told NOT to exercise (but I hate to exercise) -- dr. would like me to walk a mile every day.....(I didn't say I did it....I just said "she would like me to......).

Yes, it is nice to have others to share the journey.....does anyone receive the comments I do, like "Why can't you do this on your own?" "Your doctor is the only one benefiting here" - "It is just another scam, and you will gain it all back?"
Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #28  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole75 View Post
I am going for my 2nd week weigh in today at 5:30, I lost 8 pounds the first week but the scale this week is only showing 1 pund loss and I am not sure why its not moving, I have stuck to the plan 100% and I feel great and all my clothes are getting really lose on me. Has anyone else runinto this anywhere aloong the way in the first phase? My dietician says it happens and that I am working out too hard and that I am losing muscle and that would cause the hault. I am not letting it upset me because I feel great and although the scale doesnt say so, I fell thinner everyday. We will see today, her scale always weighs lighter than mine anyways but mine is really old too so that could make a difference, also, I am due tomorrow so that could be bloat and water retention keeping the scale from showing any more loss this week. I welcome anyones input, I appreciate all the great support, info and recipes greatly, I look forward to reading the posts everyday, it helps me stay on track. Goodluck to everyone this week.
hi Cole,

if you have time to read thru the old posts on the previous thread, you will see that it is common to lose alot of weight in the first week of the diet. my experience sounds very similiar to yours. in my first week i lost 9.5 lbs, realistically i knew i would not see that each week. the second week of my diet, i felt i was much more organized with my meal planning, was doing alot more physically as i had more energy and was actually looking forward to a healthy weight loss. i was disappointed to have only lost 3 lbs. again, i know that 3 lbs is a substantial loss for only one week....but the week before!...and i never cheated, not once. i felt a bit deflated, but then in the third week, i went and was speechless to see 6.5 lbs!! i never get on my scale at home...i find that it is not motivating to check too often. also, havng completed 3 weeks and having 3 totally different weighins, i kind of like the suspense of weigh in day. whether i am right or not, i think the tread i am noticing, is one good week, taper, good week, taper. etc. i can live with that! good luck!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:49 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 164/127/130

Height: 5'5

Hi all- I just wanted to make a statement about the green cabbage - I have seen a lot of questions on this. I called one of the main head honchos for Ideal Protein - he said green cabbage is great you should definately be eating this if you like it. Also on the cooked green bell peppers that was on the old phase 1 the 1 that said till you reach 80% of your goal the current one is till you have reached 90% of your weight loss goal you can have raw green bell peppers. Your coach .....sunkissed
Old 10-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #30  
Ideal Protein Newbie

S/C/G: 185/185/135

Height: 5'2"

I am hesitant to tell anyone about this plan because I don't want to hear all the negative comments. I just hate it when people "rain on my parade". I wouldn't tell my family but I'm going home for Thanksgiving and am pretty sure they will figure it out!!

I can just imagine the naysayers. But fact of the matter is think of the things people do -- like bariatric surgery. That is much more invasive and not always permanent.

I start tomorrow and am concerned because I am afraid I won't like the packets. But I am just going to tell myself I can do anything for 16 weeks!!!

Love to read all the postings. They have been a huge help to me to feel that this is the right thing for me.
Closed Thread