Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 12:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Default Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009

Well, hopefully, I figured out how to post a new thread since it is NOW 12:17am.....

Halloween is over....I didn't get ONE kid. I bought Sugar Daddies for candy cuz I don't like them. My son is coming up this weekend, so I will send them home to the granddaughters.

Spent the whole day altering clothes....and have really struggled. Apparently, my mind just isn't "wrapping: around the whole altering thing. I had really hoped to wait until I reached goal, but everything looks so sloppy, I had to do something.

Alwe74 - I wondered where you were......Let us know WHAT maintenance is like and WHAT we are allowed to have when we do maintenance. Like Gink said, we will probably all be doing lowcarb eventually (altho I looked ahead once on the diet...and saw fruit and grains......Probably something like Phase 22 or something....lol!!

Gink - that is good news. That is basically what I did last weekend...ate as low carb as I could. I didn't gain...I didn't lose. But I did struggle with those stupid headaches for the first 2 days.

So - hey - I tried someone's idea WAY back in the threads. I put pumpkin pie spice into my butterscotch pudding. THEN I put a THIN layer of that WF marshmallow sauce over the top (tried to pretend it was whipped cream). It was pretty good.

Ah well....am gonna go to bed, and try to get that extra hour sleep and hit the sewing machine again in the a.m. I HAD to turn off my computer so I wouldn't be tempted all day to see how you were all doing!! It was really nice tonight to sit down and read such uplifting posts.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:39 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Torchlaker thanks for starting up the new thread
Old 11-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/165/160

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone,

The recipes on this forum are awesome. I have tried the salad dressing and it is terrific. I also make up a big batch and use it all week. This way I get in my oil and still enjoy my salad. This group makes staying with the plan easy. Have a great day all.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #4  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Default jumping in

Hi,

I'm new and would like to introduce myself. I am a 56 y.o. female. I have been on IP for 2.5 weeks and have lost 15 pounds! I look and feel great. I am 5ft 8 and I have lost a jean size from a tight 16 to a very comfortable size 14.

(I will not post my weight just yet because there is a nosy person sitting next to me, pretending to read the Sunday paper but looking over at my screen once in a while, LOL)

Anyway, I have been reading the old posts whenever I have time and have yet to catch up. I know some of you have been posting here since around August, 2009 and am very grateful to have found some support online. Your results are
part of what has kept me going! Thanks to each of you.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #5  
Started IP Oct 30/09

S/C/G: 244.6/220.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Default new and excited!

Hi all, I am soo excited to be here and read all of your posts and get the positive feedback!
I started IP 3 days ago and love how the food tastes. I weighed this morning and am down 4 lbs so far. Yippee!
My hubby is on IP too and is finding it alot harder dealing with the hunger than I am. I have just been trying to be positive ad reassuring to him. He does like the food which helps. We are finding the dinners are an easy adjustment cause we have alot of options to cook for ourselves. Plus he loves grilling with no sauce just spices.
I am hoping to reach a first goal of 40 lbs down by xmas, and then push on from there.
My brother is my sales rep and also owns 3 gyms and is a personal trainer and he says I should be able to reach that goal as long as I am dedicated to it. He has a few ladies who are quite a bit older than me who have been able to loose 40lbs in 2 months so he thinks it is attainable.
I look forward to spending some time here on this forum with you ladies and getting to know everyone.
Here's to my first week!
Old 11-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #6  
Progress, not Perfection!

S/C/G: 238/199/170

Height: 5'2"

Default Pumpkin pie spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Well, hopefully, I figured out how to post a new thread since it is NOW 12:17am.....

Halloween is over....I didn't get ONE kid. I bought Sugar Daddies for candy cuz I don't like them. My son is coming up this weekend, so I will send them home to the granddaughters.

Spent the whole day altering clothes....and have really struggled. Apparently, my mind just isn't "wrapping: around the whole altering thing. I had really hoped to wait until I reached goal, but everything looks so sloppy, I had to do something.

Alwe74 - I wondered where you were......Let us know WHAT maintenance is like and WHAT we are allowed to have when we do maintenance. Like Gink said, we will probably all be doing lowcarb eventually (altho I looked ahead once on the diet...and saw fruit and grains......Probably something like Phase 22 or something....lol!!

Gink - that is good news. That is basically what I did last weekend...ate as low carb as I could. I didn't gain...I didn't lose. But I did struggle with those stupid headaches for the first 2 days.

So - hey - I tried someone's idea WAY back in the threads. I put pumpkin pie spice into my butterscotch pudding. THEN I put a THIN layer of that WF marshmallow sauce over the top (tried to pretend it was whipped cream). It was pretty good.

Ah well....am gonna go to bed, and try to get that extra hour sleep and hit the sewing machine again in the a.m. I HAD to turn off my computer so I wouldn't be tempted all day to see how you were all doing!! It was really nice tonight to sit down and read such uplifting posts.
Thanks for the idea of the pumpkin pie spice with the butterscotch pudding.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #7  
Progress, not Perfection!

S/C/G: 238/199/170

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the idea of the pumpkinpie spice with the butterscotch pudding.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #8  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Lilita - wow - i'm impressed! 15# in 2.5 weeks.

I tried putting a little canned chicken in with the chicken soup - it was GOOD! I'm going to try adding a little steamed veggies next time.

I use broccoli slaw instead of coleslaw and add WF honey mustard dressing.

I go for my 3rd weigh in on Tues. Lost 5# then 2.6#, hoping for the 5# again! Made Monster Cookies and I'm trying to stay out of the kitchen. I need some of that will power dust!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #9  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Cool Almost unbelievable!

Ladies, Gentlemen,

For the first time in years, I bought myself a pair of jeans at a regular sized ladies boutique!! It must have been almost 18 years since I haven't done that!!

Keep the good work - and can't wait for the weigh in tuesday!!
Old 11-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #10  
Simplymar

Height: 5ft 4

New Postee
Hi my name is Marina. This is my first post. My husband and I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments & suggestions. I joined IP a week ago. At my first weigh in I lost 9.6lbs. I found it quite easy. There were a couple of days of hunger but I just drank more water or had a cup of tea to help me through that. The headaches have been an issue but today I broke up my 1/2 tsp of sea salt between my three meals and it seems to help.
Halloween was a breeze, and even went to a pot luck at work and I stuck to program. The only food on program I haven't liked so far were the cereal, and the drinks with the odour to them.
Looking forward to the support and suggestions from everyone
Marina
Old 11-01-2009, 11:53 PM   #11  

Hello to everyone...welcome newbies!! Everyone is doing so well. I really hope to see a loss this week (I did cheat once). Gotta stop that!!! If I go down ONE more pound...it will be the lowest I have been in 18 years.

SylviaG -- I haven't even gone to look for jeans yet. Wonder if I will be in a regular size? Maybe soon, I can quit ordering out of Roamans or Woman Within!!

Today I spent the entire day altering!! Very slow process. Put the clothes on...take them off....baste...put them on, take them off, yadayada. In some pants, I actually took out over 4" -- Tops were running about 3-3-1/2 inches. I haven't lost much in my bust (sure would like to!!)...but have lost in hip and waist. I figure these clothes will get me thru to goal..and then I want to go shopping!!! (or sew...whatever...).

Lilita...congrats!! You must be so excited!! Nicnyd - My goal was 40# by Dec.15th, when I go to Cleveland for the holidays. Weight loss is slow now...2-3# a week. Probably my own fault....eating too many restricted and not drinking enough water (or getting in all my veggies).

Tried an old family favorite (but without the spatzle,bacon and sausage). It was okay. I fried up cabbage, threw in some onions and leftover porkchops. Wasn't quite the same....but it helped!!

Also tried the crepe today! What a mess! Do you guys cook it in a small or large frying pan? I used my regular crepe pan, but I couldn't get the batter to flow off the sides...then I couldn't flip it - it all fell apart. Still edible, tho. Could use some "instruction" on that one.

Well, it is midnight....time for this ol' gal to turn in and then hit the $%$#@ sewing machine again. Wish I didn't have to go to the purse party tomorrow night. I KNOW I will be tempted!! My son comes in this weekend for a "work weekend." We are going to go thru my husband's things in both garages and basement. Have to rent a dumpster. It is going to be emotional, I am sure. (excited to see my kid, tho...haven't seen him since July).
Old 11-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #12  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Default welcome

Hi simplymar,
welcome to this great forum! I had to write to agree, the odor of some of the drinks it weird. I like the flavor of the peach-mango but it sort of smells sulfuric? I just hold my breath and down it or try not to think about the smell.

Unfortunately I had a BIG CHEAT day yesterday. Afraid to get on the scale today. Tomorrow is weigh day so I hope I can undo a little of the damage. I have been on IP for about 6 wks now and think I need to add exercise. I figure lots of reps and not too heavy weights will help burn calories w/o adding bulk/muscle weight.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 209/173/165

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! I survived Halloween and hosting two big parties. We had a going away party for best friends where I baked cake for 200 people!!! White cake is my addiction, and I didnt even sneak one bite. I have no idea if it was any good, lol.
My question today is, I have hit a stall. I have followed plan with exception of over the weekend i didnt get in veggies/salad for two meals, just out of sheer business with two parties I hosted. I didnt cheat, but didnt eat. Then yesterday, I had a TON of spinach cooked with egg whites and a little turkey. I am stuck as a I have been for a week at 183. Any ideas? Have a good day.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM   #14  

Coolbreeze...I am SO impressed! I love white cake too ---(and I have never baked a cake bigger than 9x13...so I am double-impressed). Hope I have your willpower tonight at the Miche purse party. My normal day sounds like your weekend. I rarely get in my salad at lunch...sometimes don't even get the veggies in (always have a protein tho). Sometimes have 2 restricted a day...! MY nurse would tell you to drink more water and exercise to get out of a stall, I think (probably cuz I struggle with both). Altho no one really talks about it, I would think stalls/plateaus are all part of any diet. Doesn't one's body need to "adjust" a bit? I would probably lose weight faster if I followed the plan EXACTLY....but I would say "pump up the water." (I have been at the same weight for over 2 weeks now...tomorrow is weigh-in!). What does your coach/doctor say? (I think your weight loss in really good tho....how long have you been on IP?)

Marina - I don't like the smell of the drinks either. I, too, have to hold my breath to drink them. Today (I think), I am going to try to add some Torani syrup to the pink lemonade - maybe that will help. Maybe some coconut syrup (can you tell I love Torani/DiVinci sugarfree syrups?) to the pina colada drink? In all honesty, I would rather have a pudding than a drink!..and welcome! Awesome loss!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #15  
IP started 9/27/09

S/C/G: 232/217/125

Torchlaker: I eat crepes every morning for breakfast. First, make sure your griddle is hot and coated with non-stick spray, even if you're using a non-stick pan. Then, pour into little puddles, not one big one. I make from 6-8 little crepes. I use a rubber spatula to flip them. Sometimes I add a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drop of vanilla extract, but usually just eat them plain. Wellllllll, with a light coating of butter, actually.

What I was told about Phase II, for those that were asking, is that the only difference is you drop 1 packet and replace it with your lean meat. In other words you do 1 packet for breakfast, have one for snack, but at both of your other meals you have your salad, veggies and lean meat. I sometimes have days where I do that anyway, if I forget to bring enough packets with me, and I'm not going home for dinner.

It's in Phase III that you start adding back unpermitted foods, but keeping your calories below a certain point, I think around 1250, and then Maintenance is using any foods you want, but keeping calories within 1500. You can go back to get packets periodically, when you start to see pounds creep back.

Hope that helps everyone's curiosity.
Closed Thread