General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 10:46 PM   #106  

Default Happy Holiday!

Hi girls!

Sounds like everyone is doing fine. I lost another pound this week! Yahoo! And that is just from walking everyday. I'm still having trouble staying with the food program at night. I'll just keep working on it...

Aphil, sounds like you are having a time with your little one. I'm sorry I don't have any super solutions for you. Both of my kids were really pretty good when they were babies (middle school age kids these days are a different story though!!!) but I had a friend whose baby had colic and I can remember the dark circles under her eyes. She used to put her little boy in a bouncy seat on top of the dryer or ride him all over the city at times - she never got any housework done either, she was lucky to get a shower at some point during the day. My niece is "high maintenance" but there is usually someone around to hold her so that her mom gets a break occasionally. Your lucky to have your mom to help you out some. Just hang in there - they do grow out of that stage eventually.

Sadiegirl, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will see the 200 mark this week. Let us know!!!

Willbethin, your will power astonds me! (Send some of it my way.)
I'm really glad you are doing so well. It really sounds like you have your act together.

Have a good holiday girls, check in with you later!
Southern Gal

Last edited by southern gal; 09-02-2001 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-03-2001, 08:13 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking WHAT THE.....!!!!!!!

Hey girls,
I don't know how, but the scale is saying 186, and I have gotten on and off of it about 7 times!!!!!! 2 more pounds, but how?
But hey, I'm not complaining.......
Aphil
195/186/140
Old 09-03-2001, 08:48 AM   #108  

Hi aphill! My scale is about a pound heavier than the TOPS scale. I lost 2lbs. this week putting me down to 202.5lbs. I weighed myself initially before going to my first TOPS meeting so I would know how much mine is off in case I would ever need to use it. I am glad tha there are losses here as everyone is posting and really working hard. I am sure things will work out for your little one.
The sloppy Joes were really good. I measured my portion out and I made french fries in the oven cut them from real potatoes.
Willbethin and southeren gal keep up the good work. Hope all else is well with you!

246/202.5/165
Old 09-03-2001, 03:07 PM   #109  

Hi,
I've been reading 3FC for about 5 months now and have come to the same conclusion as all of you guys. Finally, I don't have to worrywith wondering what will work. I've been working out for over a year and although I haven't lost much weight....I feel 100% different; and I mean BETTER. I've found that I eat just about whatever I want within moderation and as long as I work out, I feel great.
The way I've always lost weight has been through calorie counting and uping the exercise. I have 3 children 8 and under and am happy to say, I can do whatever they do and have fun with them. My energy level is terrific. I drink slimfast every now and then, eat lots of salads and veggies. I don't eat after 6p.m. and drink TONS of water!!
It's great to read everyone's success and people sound so positive on this thread. I really enjoy the reading!1 Good luck to all and let's keep up the good work
Kelley King
Old 09-03-2001, 03:09 PM   #110  

Default The computer sheet for the fridge!!

I'm new to this thread, but LOVE it.
I would love to post the WW computer sheet on my fridge as well. You can email to me privately if you don't mind:
[email protected].
I can't wait to get them!
THANKS
Kelley
Old 09-03-2001, 06:10 PM   #111  

Hi all,
Welcome Kelley! Don't sell yourself short-17 pounds lost is a good amount of weight! Go to the store and pick up about that amount in flour bags-it's more than you think!
Sadie-YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!!! I am so happy for you! In a week or two, you will be a hundred something instead of two hundred something!!!! You will feel so good on that day!!!
I hope you are right about my son, he is making me crazy. I haven't been able to excercise as much as normal, I did take a walk with him in the stroller today though. I just keep telling myself in a couple months he will be sitting alone and be able to play with baby toys and occupy himself a bit better.
Well, I hear him-better go!
Have a good one!
Amy
Aphil
Old 09-04-2001, 07:40 AM   #112  

Default i'm back

hey guys, i just got caught up on everyones posts. cant beleive how well you all are doing. we are doing it girls. the scales are moving, my weigh ins are thurs morn, so i hope i can see a loss.

i was at the shore. i didnt really count points, kinda ate what i wanted but alot less of it, oh i also had some cocktails. but i feel i didnt overdo it which is a miracle when i am at the shore. smelling all that food on the boardwalk, although i think my allergies are helping me, because some days my nose is stuffy, and i cant smell so well. food is just not as appealing i f you cant smell it.

glad to hear we are all sticking to our healthy eating plans.

aphil, sorry to hear about baby. i guess that can be very frustrating, i taught 2 1/2 yrs old and up. and the only experience i have had with babies, i s my own dd. and she was a breeze.

i used to put her in her infant seat, with a pacifier, and took her in the bathroom with me when i took a shower, i kept peeking my head out of the curtain and talking to her. playing peek a boo. it wasn't a very relaxing shower, but it worked.

then i just found, that taking a shower at night worked a lot better. i put her to sleep, then took a shower, but hubby was home by then. i am sure it is only temporary, but you better nip it in the bud early, the longer you spend with him the harder it will be to separate later.

listen to me, my dd and i are always together, but when she was little i could always do something she wasnt that attached, and lullaby music and a pacifier for sleepy time, worked wonders. i know i didnt want a pacifier either, but she only ever had it when she took naps and at night. never walked around with it hanging out of her mouth. then when she was 3 the pacifer fairy came and took it and left her a present. and that was that. of course that was the end of naptimes. but she was tired from no naps and fell asleep with no problems at 7:00 at night.

geez you miss one weekend on the computer and you cant stop typing. nice to talk to you all again.

welcome atkhorses. yes we are very supportive to each other, it helps alot.
Old 09-04-2001, 05:43 PM   #113  

Default Short message!

Hi girls! Gotta run back up to school for Open House tonight (makes for a long work day) so I'll keep it short (for once!).

Welcome atkhorses! I've sent the WW computer sheet that I use. Hope it helps. Sounds like you are doing well so far!

And it sounds like everyone is having a good week! Way to go girls. I'm pulling for us!

Southern Gal
Old 09-04-2001, 08:53 PM   #114  

Hay Southern Gal,
thanks for sending the sheets; I'll look for them in the email box! My kids have been in school since Aug. 9th. Can you believe that?? We have one monday off per month, tho and 2 weeks for spring break; one spring, one winter break. It's a lot, It's also Catholic School, what can I say!!

Are we all taking a multi-vitamin here to help with energy and binges?? I'm having a tough time today with cravings. Just need to get moving and get OUT of the house!! I know what I need to do, just can't seem to DO it!!

Good Luck wiht the Open House tonight.

Gotta run get my kiddos in bed

Kelley
Old 09-04-2001, 09:35 PM   #115  

Angry Hey everyone!

Hi all,
Been an okay day....
Didn't binge or anything, so that has been good. Cake supply company called me today and told me the pan I ordered for my daughter's party is out of stock, and every other place I called or logged on to is out also. I even called Wilton and they won't be shipping any anywhere until next month! AAAHHHHHHH!!
So-looks like me and my mother in law are going to have to make a regular cake along with the cupcakes and pipe the characters freehand........we can do it but it will sure be a pain.
Kelley/Horses-I don't know about the rest, but I do take a multivitamin, and a calcium supplement. A lot of vitamins only contain a litle calcium, if any-so I take extra. The ones for women seem to have more in them than regular vitamins.
I am proud of myself-yesterday my husband came home from his grandmother's, and brought a big container of her chicken and noodles...I only had 1/2 cup! That is like unheard of for anyone in our family not to eat them until we are all sick or asleep!
Well, better go-hope you are doing well.
Aphil
Old 09-05-2001, 10:20 PM   #116  

Hi girls!

Aphil, you must be much more creative than I am! Good luck with the cake. (My sister just made a "Mad Hatter's" teapot cake for her daughter's birthday party. It looked great but I couldn't even figure out how to cut the thing when she asked me to serve!!!) I'm sure your daughter will be happy with whatever you do.

atkhorses, I got an e-mail delivery error message on the stuff I sent you - something about it not being a "local host" if you have any idea what that means. Sorry! The message is still on my computer so if you have any idea how we can bypass it let me know.

I've been really faithful about my walking but I've got to work on these afternoon snacking binges. It is not overly effecting me since when you add up all the calories, I'm still fairly close to my limit, but I know this junk I'm eating is not good for me. And somehow, after a long day at school, I just don't want the healthy stuff. Ugh! I'm working on it!!!

Enough griping. If I want to lose this weight badly enough, I'll overcome this.

Girls, have a good one!

Southern Gal
Old 09-06-2001, 10:08 AM   #117  

Hey,
Southern Gal-if you can get the directions for that Mad Hatter cake, I would love to have it! You can e-mail it to me at [email protected].
I have a Disney store catalog that sells an Alice costume-that would be an awesome party theme for next year! My mother in law and I have both taken pro cake classes, and both sew and do all kinds of crafts-I am the only 25 year old I know who chrochets better than an old woman! ha ha ha!
I ahve been eating okay this week, but the scale went back up a pound!
I don't know what is up!
I need to stop getting on the scale each day, and limit it to once a week, if I can.
Well, we can do this girls-just need to hear one of Willbethin's pep talks! ha ha!
Take care,
Aphil
Old 09-06-2001, 12:17 PM   #118  

Default WW sheets

Hi SouthernGal,
Thanks for trying, I haven't heard of that error message before, low and behold I get error messages, too!! I'm not that pc literate, so Ill just send you my email addy again and maybe it will go through. thanks,
[email protected]
I'll write more later ladies, planning the kids' costumes for the pet parade at the end of the month. Theme: Toy Story!!
Have a great day, maybe the shopping will keep me out of the kitchen
atk
Old 09-06-2001, 03:20 PM   #119  

Angry hey guys

i just caught up on everyone's posts. we seem to have everything under control.

i eat snacks a junk food too. but i just eat less of it and stay within my food points. and it is working. my weigh in for this morning is 3 lbs down. i am 176 now. that is 13 lbs gone.

aphil, that one pound can be gone the next day if you just stay on program for one day and drink lots of water. it is probably off by now. congrats on that noodle thing, i know i could have eaten a whole bowl of that stuff. but not anymore. i cant believe you can do all that stuff, i cant sew either. just not handy with my hands. and my daughter really wants to learn how to sew.

my dd started school yesterday, boy was that emotional.

and she only goes for a half day. i am babysitting one child now. and i really havent been feeling too good. allergies and sinus infection. so i havent been on computer.

well girls, we can do this. remember if we want junk we can have it, just have to measure it out, stay within points, or calories, we are allowed to have each day. oh yea and if we eat junk alot, it will just take us longer to lose the weight. but we cannot give up or deprive ourselves of any food.

a few examples: i eat tator tots, but i eat the serving, of 13 tator tots for 3 points, i eat bacon for one points a slice, i just eat two slices. i can eat 1/2 cup of reg. vanilla ice cream, if i want for 4 points.

my point is we can have anything we want just less of it. that is how thin people do it. i see them eat everything, but not as much. they can just order a slice of pizza, and stop. i know i will be hungry after one slice so i eat a salad with it and a cup of soup that is one point for the soup and 4 points for a slice and a one point salad dressing. or no points soup with it. oh and dont forget excercise and water.

lets go girls, i want to see those scales moving. although we are all doing well.
Old 09-06-2001, 09:00 PM   #120  

Hi everyone!

Gotta a newsletter to finish for tomorrow so I'm reading posts in a hurry tonight!

aphil, I'll get my sister to send the directions for the mad hatter's cake. It really was cute - all I can tell you was that it was two bowl cakes put together and she had rice crispy treats for the handle. I'll get in touch with her and let you know. I love to sew and do cross stitch but I'm not a very creative cook!

atkhorses, I'm resending the WW sheet. Let me know if you get it this time!

willbethin, sending kids to school is tough (I cried after I dropped my oldest son off for his first day at middle school this year!) but you are really doing well with the weight loss. Good for you! I don't weigh in until Saturday - wish me luck!

Have a good one, ladies!
southern gal
Closed Thread