General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 06:53 PM   #76  

Sorry to hear about your Gram and your Mom. Keep praying to get help with the stress.
Old 08-24-2001, 07:55 PM   #77  

Default thanks sadie girl

hello, i am doing so much better today. although i have to admit i am on ww points all day today. i am allowed 22 to 27 points and it is 7:50pm and i still have 6 points left over.

since i am on ww points could i still post here??? cause i feel like i am still doing it the old fashion way, but this is keeping me from eating too much, of even the good healthy stuff.

hope everyone is doing great. i am definitly re committed to getting healthy.
Old 08-25-2001, 08:47 AM   #78  

Glad to hear you are doing well. You sure can post here!! These boards are for support. Keep up the good work and stick tothose points. It is all about what ever works for you.
Old 08-25-2001, 09:30 AM   #79  

hi sadie, thanks, i am doing good. the weekends are always a challenge though, i know i can do it. how are you doing???

hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well. would like to hear from all you busy people.

it is 9:27 am on sat. i havent drank any water yet or eaten anything. i better get started. have a great and healthy weekend.
Old 08-25-2001, 11:58 AM   #80  

I am diong well willbethin!!! Weekends are not too bad if I am carefull. I guess I spent too many years uncomfortable and fat. I could say that I eat a little of everything and enjoy it rather than going hog wild and figuring that I blew it and why not. Believe me I used to think this way. It got old and I finally made up my mind that I could learn to eat right enjoy a little of everything and still lose weight. I am getting there. Keep posting it helps o get through!
Old 08-27-2001, 06:54 AM   #81  

hi sadie, you are right about the weekends, i used to think just like that too.

i did eat a little bit of everything. stayed within points. i think i am done feeling fat and uncomfortable too.

i even had a big fight with hubby, and normally i would turn to food, but i said not this time, no one or nothing is going to , make be over eat. no more binges. it is just not worth it.

hope everyone else is doing well. lets do it!!!!!
Old 08-27-2001, 12:31 PM   #82  

Good news willbethin. Sorry you and hubby had a fight. Hope all is cam now. Great to know that oothers are defeating the eatin' deamons.
Tonight is weigh in for the week it s always a suprise. Have not gained yet though.
246/207.75/165
Old 08-27-2001, 02:41 PM   #83  

hi sadie, you come so far already, you are doing well, i know the scale will be kind.

me and hubby havent spoken yet, but it is not looking good. he is not the man i married anymore, i feel like it is over.

so i dont need to be messing up on eating, cause then i will feel twice as bad. i know i can control this.
Old 08-27-2001, 04:44 PM   #84  

Sorry to hear about you and hubby. I pray that things do work out or you two can consider counseling. Miscommunication between couples can be a big problem sometimes.
Anyway on a lighter note; Everyone at work jumped on the weight loss bandwagon. Some are doing WW Points, my boss is doing the Atkins and I am doing RS. It was great to see everybody carrying their water bottles around today. What got them started was seeing how much I lost was enough of an incentive for them to get on the basll. one or two of them are in the 100lb.to lose arena. I cannot wait to see how they progress.
Old 08-27-2001, 09:08 PM   #85  

Hi Willbethin and Sadiegirl! Where did everyone else go?

Willbethin, so sorry about you and hubby. Fighting with a spouse is major stress but you are right about overeating only making you feel worse. Hang in there and I wish the best for you. Hope everthing works out.

Sadiegirl, way to go on the weight loss. You are in inspiration to the rest of us! You are halfway to your goal!!! Yeah!

I did manage to lose 2.5 pounds this week (probably stress from school!) and got in 4 days of walking. I do really well on my food plan during the day, but have a tendency to raid the fridge as soon as I get home from work. Ugh! I've got to work on that...
Any suggestions?

Have a good week, girls! Here is to seeing less of us in the future!

Southern Gal
Old 08-28-2001, 07:20 AM   #86  

Hi willbethin and southeren gal. I hope all are well. I lost 3.25 lbs. at last nights weigh-in. Keep your eye on your goal southeren gal.

246/204.5/165
Old 08-28-2001, 07:34 AM   #87  

Default hey girls

sadiegirl, that is great to hear about everyone at work, now you have double support, and what an inpiration you are to them. wow what a great weight loss, you are doing awesome!!!! feel proud, girls.

girls thanks for your kind words, i wish i could get hubby to couseling, maybe i will tell him it is couseling or it is over.

my grahm is hanging in there, although she wont let them take test to see if arteries are clogged, she is 84 italian and very stubborn. she doesnt want them to do anything to prolong her life. she hasnt been very happy lately and i think she is ready to be with my deceased grandfather. i am not ready to let her go yet, she still looks so strong and fiesty. she's not one of those old people that are real skinny and frail. and her mind is still sharp as a tack.

hi southern girl, you are doing fantastic, congrats on more weight gone. i will weigh in on thurs. morn. good luck in school.

i am doing very well on eating program, but the allergies are really slowing me down, i am gonna have to really push myself to excercise. lets keep up the good work.

aphil where are you??? you started this whole thread. hope all is well. you got me motivated again.

Last edited by willbethin; 08-28-2001 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-28-2001, 10:30 AM   #88  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Default new to calorie counting

Hi everyone,

Well I would like to join you guys. I have tryed ever diet possible ww, richard simmons, ever diet in a magazine, diet pills but believe it or not i have not counted my calories. Since nothing else works i am going to give it a try. IS there a site that tells you how many calories you should be eatting.Also does anyone know of a calorie tracker like fitday or dietwatch that goes on your desktop so that you can track your food and calories without logging onto the internet.

well i look forward to getting to know everyone

sue
Old 08-28-2001, 01:49 PM   #89  

hi its_my_life. welcome, i dont think i can be of much help, but i just am glad to have you here.

i found ww points to be working for me, i dont go to meetings, but have the information from joining in the past. i just find counting points for me is easier. i feel like i get more, like fruit is one point instead of 50 calories. i eat more proteins. too.

i really eat what i want, just less of it cause points keep me in line with portions. and there really isnt a whole lot of measuring or wieghing. i am getting to know what is a serving, and if i want more of that serving well, it wil cost me more points.

i am doing well with this. so far, my at home weigh in day is thursday morn. i will let know then. i am allowed 22 to 27 points a day, which a great window, for days when i am hungry and days i am not so hungry. i think that amounts to 1150 to 1500 calories.

it is good to know i can have up to 27 if i am really that hungry.

be patient there are alot of people on here that will reply to you soon , that will be of some help. good luck
Old 08-28-2001, 03:09 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Default What is up with my computer?!!

Hi everyone,
I would have posted a lot sooner than this, I set it up so I get an email every time there is a new post, and it hasn't worked in a few days!
Welcome It's my life! You were wondering how many calories you should be eating-that depends on how overweight you are now. Let me know and I can help. Most women can lose eating 1200-1800 cvalories a day. Start at the highest level, and when you stop losing a pound a week, go a hundred lower, or up your excercise. Never go under 1200 calories a day. It will slow down your metabolism, and may make you weak, or if done for a long time period, cause side effects like hair loss due to lack of nutrition.
Wilbethin-sorry to hear about your bad times lately. I know how you feel with all the family things. I just lost my grandmother in December, and I understand the husband problems. If you want you can email me [email protected].
I am still at 189-I don't know why the weight is being so stubborn! I am trying not to be depressed about it. I still hate seing the fat me in the mirror, though. I am sure you can all relate.
You guys were talking about the ww points-it is basically the same as counting calories-just in a different format. The point system is usually easier for some to remember, but I have counted calories before it came out, so I have most of my faves memorized!
I hope you all are doing well-Willbethin-let me know how your home life is going-you have a lot of friends here!
Take care all,
Aphil
Closed Thread