General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:38 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Sundove you're so close, I'll bet you're at goal in no time! Maybe try a different volumetric soup to switch it up a bit. I'm a fan of thick soups, so most of mine are pureed in some way. I rarely eat broth-based soup unless it's truly an amazing broth.

Lovemylife I know everyone loves the spring, but this is the time of year I get antsy and really uncomfortable. I'm not a fan of the warmth and it just gives me CRAZY anxiety to get dressed every morning, especially in the summer. I don't think I've had a good summer since I was like 7 years old, and the spring just is a forewarning that it's coming.

Anyway, my husband and I prepped a rosemary dijon beef stew that went in the crockpot today with turnips instead of potatoes. I can't wait to go home and eat it

Looking forward to a pretty low key weekend this weekend. My house is overrun with girl scout cookies. It's like punishment to have to keep track of all of these boxes, money, deliver things, etc. I swear, I wish I could opt out, but my daughter loves it so much - probably because she doesn't really do the work!!

We have a few meet ups and deliveries, but I plan to use up some of our ingredients we have and cook a few things before they go bad. Mainly a kobocha squash, too many green beans and brussels sprouts, and a spaghetti squash (will mix this with hot Italian turkey sausage, kale, sun dried tomatoes, and pesto).
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:01 AM   #422  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone

Well I survived our winter storm that we had yesterday freezing rain, icy roads and snow on top of all that lol. Today will be dry and tomorrow more snow. I've started March off pretty good. When I feel stressed I usually eat and snack way too much but I didn't do that yesterday so that was a NSV for me lol

Muchy Your stew sounds delicious I've never cooked turnips. It's nice to have a low key weekend, sometimes the weekends can be just as busy as the weekdays lol. That's interesting about your anxiety in warm weather, I wonder what causes that? That's so cute that your daughter is a girlscouts. I've been trying to avoid them selling the cookies inside the grocery stores one cookie for me will turn into 10 lol

Sundove

Have a great day everyone
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:39 PM   #423  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylife001 View Post
Good Morning Everyone

Well I survived our winter storm that we had yesterday freezing rain, icy roads and snow on top of all that lol. Today will be dry and tomorrow more snow. I've started March off pretty good. When I feel stressed I usually eat and snack way too much but I didn't do that yesterday so that was a NSV for me lol

Muchy Your stew sounds delicious I've never cooked turnips. It's nice to have a low key weekend, sometimes the weekends can be just as busy as the weekdays lol. That's interesting about your anxiety in warm weather, I wonder what causes that? That's so cute that your daughter is a girlscouts. I've been trying to avoid them selling the cookies inside the grocery stores one cookie for me will turn into 10 lol

Sundove

Have a great day everyone
I was so confused - not turnips, RADISHES lol! My mistake I did make turnip risotto two weeks ago, though. I think I posted it here.

The anxiety in warm weather is that I don't like getting dressed. I can't find any clothes that seem to work on my body in the summer. Everything is too exposed and I also don't wear sandals/flip flops/open toed shoes, etc. So basically I feel like the ugliest person ever for about 3-4 months every year because I just can't find anything that makes me feel good about myself. It really sucks to feel that down for that long.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #424  

The stew came out pretty good! Not my favorite stew and my husband didn't put in the radishes as early as I was hoping, so we had to cook it over time to just get the radishes done. I brought a bowl for lunch today.

Last edited by Munchy; 03-03-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #425  

Sorry that's so huge! EEK!
Old 03-03-2016, 08:58 PM   #426  

lovemylife for getting through that storm without stress eating. That's a huge NSV, very inspiring. What did you do instead, if you don't mind me asking? Stress eating is a challenge for me. I've been listening to mindfulness tapes and training myself to use breathing--just focusing on it--to stay calm. It's helping.
Reading your description of your weather made me want to crawl into my sleeping bag!

OMG Munchy, I want to dive into that stew!!!! I can't WAIT to try radishes-as-potatoes! Thanks for the encouragement! I feel so much better already, just 6 lbs less but no longer eating crazy, getting back into my clothes.

I'm looking forward to having fun with volumetric eating. Like you, I like puree-based soups. The one I'm eating now is a puree added to broth. It uses a small amount of cooked yam as a thickener. It almost could be served on a plate instead of bowl. Very filling!

Last edited by Sundove; 03-03-2016 at 11:15 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:59 PM   #427  

lovemylife if your ticker is up-to-date, you are almost at goal! WTG!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:59 AM   #428  

I generally stay low carb, but I focus on a lot of vegetables and very little fat. I'm trying a fat fast this week (aims for about 85-90% of calories from fat) just to see if it actually does jump starts any weight loss. I'm part of so many ketogenic groups that I thought I'd give it a shot.

Day 1: 124.4

My last weigh in should be Friday morning. I'm hoping to bump down to about 122, but would be extremely happy at 123.

Last edited by Munchy; 03-07-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:08 AM   #429  

Day 1 was extremely weird. It's not a huge adjustment for me in terms of the calorie allotment, but it is very odd to eat such small amounts of high fat food when I'm so used to eating large amounts of low fat food.

Hope everyone is doing well! I still will continue to cook volumetric meals because I generally enjoy them. I'm just trying to change it up to get to goal. I want to spend the second half of my thirties feeling good when I wake up
Old 03-08-2016, 10:39 AM   #430  
lovemylife001

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone

I have been fighting the flu bug since last Thursday I haven't felt so crummy in a very long time lol. Starting to feel better today

Sundove Yes, my tickler is correct. I made goal last September and have been bouncing around a couple of pounds lol. My maintenance goal is to stay under 140.

Munchy That's interesting about the fat fast? I don't think that I've ever heard of it. You have to keep us updated. Hey, I might want to try it lol. Anything to shake up the metabolism.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-08-2016, 10:43 AM   #431  

Munchy I'm eagerly following your experiment! Mixing it up is a good thing to do imo, for nutrition. I lose weight better with low fat, but I think my overall health is better when I have plenty of fat.

lovemylife Feel better! And Congrats for making goal!

I went off my plan Sat, so am inching back to ketosis now. I'm ready to buckle down now that spring is about here. Winter is such a battle.

I've been reading about ACV on Facebook. A fad, maybe? But people are swearing it helps them lose weight. 2 TBS organic ACV, some ginger, a squeeze of lemon or cinnamon, some stevia in 1 qt water. I get nervous re teeth & esophagus with sipping acids, but I gotta say it was a refreshing treat.

Last edited by Sundove; 03-08-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:19 AM   #432  

Lovemylife I'm so glad you're feeling better! Maintenance is just as hard (or sometimes harder) than losing it in the first place - you're doing amazing

Sundove I'm getting there. Day 3 now and I'm feeling good. I pulled out a dress that I refused to wear (mind you, my clothes always fit, they just fit better when I go from one weight to another) and wore it today. My daughter complimented me and asked if I was dressing up for her parent teacher conference. Ha! I told her no, that all of my delicates/normal dresses were washed last night and they're still hanging to dry, so I had to pull out something I never wear.

I am trying so hard not to weigh in until Friday. I'm trusting the process.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #433  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone

It's was such a beautiful day yesterday. It was in the 70's and today will be in the 60's. I'm so ready for these warmer temps and sunshine. The sunshine is the most important thing to me. I don't need to have it hot, just warm. Feeling better today and trying to get down as many fluids as I can. So I've decided to put the scale away until the end of the month and concentrate on my eating. Wish me luck lol

Munchy Maintenance is a definite struggle. I found it easier when I was trying to lose. And as weird as it may sound, I miss participating in the weight loss challenges. I think that really motivated me.

Sundove You're doing great. I also lose better with a low fat diet. I also drink ACV everyday and have for years. It's good for so many things. I use to give it to my dog that passed away. She was diabetic and ACV is good for people with diabetes.

Have a great day. I'll be back tomorrow!
Old 03-10-2016, 01:46 AM   #434  

lovemylife I'm glad you're recovering well AND enjoying some good weather! I agree with you that maintenance is harder than weight loss. I like to have the structure of a diet and a goal. But I sure did like how I felt when I was 20 lbs thinner. Fwiw, I found it helpful to join the National Wt Control Registry. If you maintain at least a 30 lb wt loss for 1 yr or longer, you are eligible. They send a yearly questionnaire to track the habits of successful dieters. It's the closest thing I can think of to a wt challenge
http://www.nwcr.ws

MunchyThat's great you are re-fitting into your dress. I love that feeling! And a compliment from your daughter is nice. I don't think they hand those out without meaning it Friday is almost here--will you return to regular eating then?

I am starting to get back in my wardrobe, well, a few more things. I'm planning to stay on the diet through April.

Have a good almost-weekend Thursday!
Old 03-10-2016, 10:07 AM   #435  

Lovemylife I'm no good at challenges. I tend to get overly competitive to my own detriment and get tunnel vision to the point where I can't really focus on anything else in my life.

Sundove Woohoo! More clothing choices - congrats

I'm on day 4 of the fat fast. I feel okay - I think my many years of lower carb and lower calorie eating have really made the transition super easy. The fat is NOT easy on my stomach, though, particularly after lunch and then a snack. Those were my very high percentage meals (although they all are).

Yesterday was unbearably hot for me at 80 degrees. It came out of nowhere since we had snow just last week. I'm so not ready. It's entirely too early and I'm starting to get super anxious and sad about it. EEK!