General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #316  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCajun View Post
This is so me! The problem is when we save the best for last, even though full we will eat it because it's the best part! I am really trying NOT to do this, but after years of eating like this it is very hard to undo!! Glad I am not the only one!!! Have a blessed day! Tammy
I actually had a (very thin) friend years ago who absolutely did not enjoy food. Eating was an unnecessary chore. She was an extremely picky eater and ate just enough to get rid of her headache...that's the only way she knew she was hungry.

As much as I struggle with weight, I thank God every day that I can enjoy good food! And sometimes not so good food. Even though that means I'll eat way past the point of hunger just because it's so doggone good!

And btw Tammy, she's from New Orleans. What a waste for someone who doesn't like food!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #317  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Wow!

[QUOTE=SouthernMaven;4833223And btw Tammy, she's from New Orleans. What a waste for someone who doesn't like food![/QUOTE]

Now that is NOT normal!!! No Crawfish? No Crabs? No Shrimp? No fish? No Po-boys? No Gumbo?? Oh, what a miserable life!!!
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #318  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks. I am having many good days of 'nondieting'. I have been working really hard on feeling each bite go down into my stomach. The idea of eating and not keeping track on paper seems like a daunting task. I think at this point I am still keeping track in my head. Hopefully with time - it will come more naturally.

I downloaded the book, You Can Have Your Cake and Skinny Jeans, too. I don't have a kindle but was able to download it to my computer with a free Kindle type app from Amazon.

The last few days DH has been out of town on business. It's given me the opportunity to really focus in my EI without lots of distractions. Now comes the weekend and lots more to think about when 'not dieting'... if you know what I mean.

I hope you are all doing well. Remember to treat yourself as kindly as you'd treat a good friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-06-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #319  

Bev, how did you lose the first 59lb?
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Bev, how did you lose the first 59lb?

I lost the 59 pounds over the last 15 years - it's been up and down constantly. Was down to 196 a couple of years ago. I used calorie counting and food exchanges at different times. (Food Mover - Richard Simmons.) Five years ago I took a class in mindfulness and meditation and read Paul McKenna's book. They were helpful but I didn't really stick with it - never even tried EI. I combined it with dieting. The past 4 years I also included some of the strategies of the Beck Solution to help in my weight loss journey. Some good things to be learned from Dr. Beck but very rigid. I've decided that I can't do that anymore. I have a friend who is an intuitive eater and has slowly lost weight and kept it off for several years.

I've never tried intuitive eating. It always sounded kind of ridiculous to me. (if you
know what I mean.) I know that EI is journey too. I am ready to travel there. I've been dieting for 50 years and I just can't do that anymore right now. I am hoping that EI will be a good match for me.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-06-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi all! Just checking in. I feel so much better that I got my overeating back under control. I was catching up on posts and looks like you gals are doing great! So nice to see this thread busy again. I lost those couple of lbs I gained plus some...I'm psyched
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #322  

Any tips for me, Sprying? From a mother of ten.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #323  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Any tips for me, Sprying? From a mother of ten.
First I have to say I have so much respect for you, 10 kids! I would love to have more but my health wouldn't allow it what are their ages?
So for tips, I'm not sure. I have a gluten intolerance so that makes eating at home and even away from home unique so things I make for the kids etc i can't touch so I don't have to worry about leftovers or snacking off their plates etc. we do make a lot of 100% gluten free meals too and in those cases I just make my plate, usually a small salad plate and it will satisfy me. I'll wait until my stomach growls again for a snack or dessert. There are times I'm really wanting to eat for emotional reasons so I think I'll go attack the icecream...I have every intention of eating a huge bowlful but as I scoop it out ill just scoop two scoops and tell myself, if I want more after this ill come back for more and you know it works, I've never went back for more, so that possible binge was averted by giving myself permission for more and not telling myself that I couldn't have it. It's been baby steps for me and I'm not always perfect but I'm getting better each day. Putting sticky notes on my pantry, fridge and phone that says " Are you truly hungry" really helps too, sometimes we need visual reminders it is tough when you have kids and they are smacking on anything and everything and have metabolisms of a race horse lol we want to join in but we know our bodies aren't as forgiving.
I lost another lb this morning, I've never been 125! When I got married I was 102 lbs, under weight for sure but I put on 40 lbs in less than 8 months so I shot right past the 120's and can't even remember what I looked like then. This is all new territory for me. The closer I get to goal the more changes I see physically with every lb lost, it's exciting. my stomach is a mess though...I was really hoping by losing all the weight I wouldn't need a tummy tuck but now I'm not sure...I have very loose skin on my abs and excess skin around my belly button etc, do you ladies think if I did like AB rippers etc i could tighten the skin or is surgery my only option? Hmmmmm
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #324  

Quote:
do you ladies think if I did like AB rippers etc i could tighten the skin or is surgery my only option? Hmmmmm
I know it takes time, maybe even a year for skin to shrink back. When you get older, I'm 64, things like that don't matter as much. By the way, I've had sarcoidosis since I was 28. I had 4 kids when I was diagnosed and went on to have 6 more.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #325  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, ladies...I stick my head in here and read the posts every so often, but haven't had much to share this summer.

Now that cooler weather is starting to come to our area, I'm finding it easier to start increasing my daily steps with my Fitbit again.

I always try to walk a minimum of 5000 a day, but this summer there were times when I'd only get about 3000 in. That's not good.

I've done very well the last few days though--have had days in the 8K, 9K, and even a 10K step day, so I'm feeling good about that.

My weight crept up a few pounds this summer, and seemed to stay there, going up and down, up and down all summer long.

Now I've taken off the few pounds I had regained, and am back to ten pounds down from my highest weight.

I want to keep going, but in a non-diet way. It's hard because two of my sisters are dieting, and that's the fastest way for me to do myself in. I have to do it my own way.

I'm not even calling it IE, because it really isn't. To me, IE can be just as much of a diet if you follow it rigidly as any other type of diet. (It can be known as the "stomach hunger" diet.)

My husband and I are trying to eat more REAL foods, but we're not denying ourselves dessert or whatever either, just trying to eat more reasonable portions of it.

Right now I'm mainly trying to really increase my activity and get as many steps as possible in a day. I hope it eventually increases my energy. I need that desperately.

Hope you all enjoy your Saturday!
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #326  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Morning all! Hubby and I are both down by 1.5 lbs! So excited to see the scale FINALLY moving in the right direction. Hubby's foot has been bothering him for the last couple of days so instead of our morning walks in the hot sauna of the neighborhood we have been doing the 8 minute workout plan with our weights. Have a blessed day. Tammy
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #327  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

If only I could maintain this level of BUSY...

Yesterday I was all over the place! Early in the morning I baked two large custard cakes for our annual church fund raiser and ran them over to the church before work. I stopped at McDonalds for the #2 breakfast, then made it to work just in time. I stayed there till 11, then went home to finish two more cakes then headed back to the church. The fundraiser is the Greek Festival, and we were just starting with Day 1.

I was all over the church grounds, selling food at the booths, getting supplies, etc. I didn't even feel hungry all day long. Just very thirsty, and I drank at least 5 16-oz bottles of water during the day. It was hot outside. I didn't stop to eat till 10 p.m., and then could only manage a couple chicken souvlaki, a few olives and a piece of feta.

I was pretty amazed that I wasn't hungry at all. Wish everyday was like yesterday. Except for the level of work. I'm back at it again today, and then again tomorrow. I was exhausted when I got home last night and my lower back and feet hurt a lot. But this morning I'm ready to get back to it.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #328  

Geoblewis, did you give up on your blog?
Old 09-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #329  

Quote:
Geoblewis, did you give up on your blog?
I was going to ask the same thing! I took a quick look at it but saw that the last post was 18 months ago so assumed she hadn't been updating it.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #330  

Default Just checking in....

Looks like we've all been busy!

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been re-reading The Overfed Head and have found points he makes in the book that I either completely didn't "get" the first time or maybe I did but I just forgot them. I think it's more that I didn't get their importance until I kind of fell off the IE wagon for awhile.

For example, I really like his last three sentences of Chapter 2: How Dieting Makes You Fat

"You cannot correct by dieting a problem that is caused by dieting. When you make a firm and lasting commitment to stop doing this to yourself, your metabolism will gradually self-correct and your cravings will abate. Bodies are very smart."

Wise words, indeed!