General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-01-2004, 10:21 PM   #796  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone

Vmelo, I totally agree with the busy thing. This is one reason I find it especially hard to lose weight while not working outside the home. First of all, I'm not 'busy' all day and secondly, I have the food in the kitchen within reach all day! Not a good combo!

But, on a good note, I ended today at 1675 calores for the day. Not perfect (I aim to be under 1600) but a helluva lot better than I'd been doing recently! Last night I was soooo upset with myself because I pigged out yesterday. I started telling myself I should eat nothing today to make up for it. Not a good way of thinking! Of course, I could never be an anorexic because I love food too much but its still not a good way of thinking.

I'm glad to hear that video got some good reviews... I can't wait to get it! New 'stuff' is definitely motivational.

Christine
181/179.5/130
silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:47 AM   #797  

Btw, is there any reason that we're not starting a new thread even though we're closing in on 800 posts? Not that it really matters, just curious

I was a good girl and didn't eat anything more last night even though I wanted to. I think I'm going to implement a rule for myself... no eating after 8pm or 9pm or whatever time I decide on. I have a tendancy to snack late at night and go over my calories even if I wouldn't have otherwise. I find a cup of tea to help. It gives me a little flavor... a little sweetness, but only a few calories.

I was watching QVC last night and saw their newest Pilates machine. I wanted it! Unfortunately, I don't have $400 and I already have something that is similar enough that my husband would never agree to getting this one You can even do cardio laying down! Talk about the lazy person's exercise machine!

So, how is everyone today? I'm only on my first cup of tea. I have to figure out what's for breakfast still (yesterday I skipped breakfast and wanted to pig out on everything by early afternoon! yikes!).

Christine
181/179/130
Old 04-02-2004, 01:01 PM   #798  

Good afternoon, everybody, & happy Friday! I should have stayed online last night as the CSI episode was just stupid. It's one of the only shows I watch, so I expect it to be good everytime, darn it!

Christine, if you ever find a "lazy girl's exercise machine" let me know, will ya?-lol

I've been pretty good with exercise this week. I did the Crunch Bootcamp tape this a.m., and that made 5 days in a row of exercising. If I get my butt in gear enough to exercise tomorrow, I'll have reached my own personal weekly exercise goal.

It's pretty dreary here today & the forecast doesn't look like it's going to be getting better anytime soon. What a bummer!

Okay, I need to get back to work. I hope you all have a great weekend!
vmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 01:06 PM   #799  

Happy Sunday everyone

I received my DVD on Friday and watched it but haven't tried it yet. I think today I'm going to motivate myself to do the lower body half of the workout. It looks like it will be a good one

How's everyone's weekend going? Nothing exciting here. I went to Kohls looking for pants to replace a pair I got for my birthday and returned but cannot for the life of me find anything that fits well and looks good I refuse to buy the larger sizes so that's my big problem. I don't want to buy a size 14+ when I'm hoping not to fit in them much longer. But, at the same time, since I'm losing this weight so slowly, I really could use something to wear in the mean time!! Blah!

I don't think I'm going to make it to my next goal (175 lbs by Easter) but I may get close if I'm good this week. Yesterday I got a 178 on the scale (when I weighed without clothing) so if I can keep it up, I may hit like 176 by next week but .. well... we'll see!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Christine
181/179/130
Old 04-04-2004, 05:23 PM   #800  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello ladies!!

I made AWFUL food choices this weekend...it will go down as the "sugar, fat, salt attack of 2004"

I had to do that early shift (4:00 am to noon) two days in a row, man, I can't believe I actually did that for two years, from 1998 to 2000. It's ****!

I don't know where my common sense went (out the window, I guess) and since I was surrounded by all this great crap ( ) I just way indulged. Back to sensible, daily maintenance/losing calories from this moment on!

Christine, I hear ya about how hard it is, to be a SAHM and try not to focus on the food. It sure is hard. I am sure eventually you will be able to overcome it, most probably very soon, as you are already dropping the pounds, and that will motivate you even more.

hi vmelo! congrats on doing exercise for five days in a row! And "Crunch Boot Camp" sounds very tough!!

As I've told you all, I've been increasing my aerobic workout, which means not doing the Gilad videos as much (sniff, cry ). BUT the day after I did one of his regulars (one that I was doing 3X a week, and now just fit it in once a week) I felt soreness in my thighs, and butt...so I guess "mixing" it up is helping somehow (though I don't understand why...I was doing the strength video 3X a week without feeling soreness, and soreness indicates muscles worked to a point of doing good....then I cut it down to once a week, and feel that soreness?)
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 07:23 PM   #801  
Biker Chick!

Default I'm a little slow - welcome, Cheryl!

Cheryl, forgive me for not saying hi yet! Where's that brain-dead smilie when you need it

Congrats on your loss so far. So many people have such success with WW. It's all about something one can follow for the rest of one's life, isn't it.

I can tell you're a gardening enthusiast...beautiful flowering shrub behind you! Roses? When my treasured peonies flower (won't be 'til June) I'll post a pic. Gardening USED to be my passion, now poor flowers have taken second fiddle next to motorcycling

Again, welcome, and we also look forward to getting to know you.

PS - I did my Keli Someone Step Aerobic tape before dinner...sweat city!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:52 AM   #802  

Default Hi everyone

How is everyone doing today. I had a bad day Friday. I had to have my daughter's dog put to sleep. It was harder than I thought it would be. I like pets that everyone else has but never wanted one for myself. We had this dog for 20 years and I was the one that always took care of her. She was unable to go in and out the door when she needed out, I have been carrying her every time. It was time. My daughter's boyfriend took her to the vet for us. I did not go to the gym after work. I went to Ponderosa and ate salad and shrimp. I dreamed Friday night that our dog was not actually dead when she was buried, and she dug herself out and walked home with dirt all over her back. I am back on track today.
debbiejarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:02 PM   #803  

Sooo.. how was everyone's weekend?

Debbie, so sorry to hear about your doggie.... when my childhood dog had to be put to sleep, I made my parents wait until I'd left for college after the summer. I just couldn't be there when it happened!

My official weighin for the week is 178. I'm down 3 pounds now.... its movin slooooow but at least its moving in the right direction!

I haven't done my workout yet... bad bad bad! I think I'll try to get it in today... I'm trying to figure out a good rotation. I want to do the upper and lower body on separate days but I should really stick some cardio in there too. I'm not sure how to work it yet... I'll figure it out eventually.

Anyway, off to start my day! Hope everyone has a good one.

Christine
181/178/130
Old 04-05-2004, 02:29 PM   #804  

Thanks Silence.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:26 PM   #805  

I have to post really quickly as itís almost time to go home for the day.

Debbie, I am so sorry about your dog (although I know it was your daughterís, you seemed very attached to it). If youíve read some of my posts, you know Iím a real dog lover and have two of my own. They become part of your family, and itís so sad to see them age and even sadder to have to put them down. About your dream, isnít it so weird the way our thoughts and feelings end up in our dreams? My husband & I had a golden retrieval that died more than 10 years ago, and just last week I dreamt of him. I guess they never leave our hearts. You have my sympathy.

Holly, can I join you on that guilt trip about the bad eating this weekend. I made a cheesecake at the request of my husband, and I downed at least 3 slices this weekend! And this was after being so tired & stressed Friday night that I went to the grocery store, bought a pint of Ben & Jerryís, & ate half of that! (at least it was the low-fat yogurt versionóstill 190 calories per Ĺ cup!).

Anyway, adios!
Old 04-05-2004, 06:10 PM   #806  
Biker Chick!

Default For Debbie - with sympathy and understanding

The Rainbow Bridge

"Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies - one that has been especially close to someone here - that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water, sunshine and cozy beds, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass - his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain on your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet - so long gone but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together."

Now that we're all crying...I have to add that I also like to think of my dear, departed dogs in a happy doggy heaven, where they are free to steal steaks and hotdogs off the table, can sleep on the white down comforters, and pee where ever they want
Old 04-06-2004, 12:55 AM   #807  

I didn't do my DVD.

Could someone come kick my arse?

Oh, and I had a donut!

Christine
181/178/130
Old 04-06-2004, 08:51 AM   #808  

vmelo and VermontMom,

Thanks very much for your kind thoughts. I am feeling guilty for having to put my pet to sleep but I know it was time for her to go. She was 20 years old and could barely walk.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:52 PM   #809  

Debbie,
You were right to put her to sleep. When my husband and I had to put our golden retriever to sleep, she was in the same condition you describe: couldnít walk, even to go outside (btw, I donít know why I called her a ďhimĒ in my previous post). She was suffering. Unfortunately, she was only 13. Be happy that your doggie lived such a long life (at least for a doggie). You did the right thing.

Holly, that was a really nice message.

Christine, if I kick your ďarse,Ē youíll have to kick mine. I nibbled on cheesecake last night (didnít cut off a full piece, but I might as well have since all those nibbles probably added up to a whole piece). I also didnít exercise today. The time change has thrown me off. In the mornings before work, I always get up at 5:15, walk my dogs, & then exercise. Because I walked my dogs first, my body was warmed up & I was wide awake, making it easier for me to exercise. I got used to that routine. Now that itís dark at 5:30 a.m., I cannot walk my dogs until it gets lighter. Thus, I have to do my exercise first. Itís SO much harder to get myself to do it. Iím stiff from sleeping and just plain tired from getting up that early. The last thing I want to do is go in my living room and start jumping around to a workout video. I know I can do it because Iíve done it before, but it is so much harder! Iíll try to exercise after work today, but that means asking my husband to stay out of the living room for at least a Ĺ hour & sometimes he gets disgruntled because he thinks my exercising is just plain silly.

Anyway, the good news is that I ordered my scale from Amazon yesterday. Iíve told myself that I will get on the scale when I get it no matter how much I dread it. I need to face the reality of my weight, whatever it is (even if it means that Iíve gained back the few lbs. I dropped a month ago). Maybe this will help me to get serious about my eating.

I hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:12 PM   #810  
Biker Chick!

Hello everyone!

Christine, do you need us to get medieval on your hiney? You WILL feel better if you do that DVD...relieve some stress, get your heart rate up...but mostly just knowing that you DID it!!! You can do it, girl!

vmelo, what a drag that your schedule is out-of-whack because of the time change. I am very sorry that the husband is not fully supportive of your great exercise efforts. I wish I had some sage advice. Even though my husband doesn't exercise at all, he supports my exercise, even though I monopolize the living room.

Did pretty well eating-wise today. There were broken cookies for one to help oneself to, but I didn't! Whew!

I was still sore from yesterday's strength workout, so today I chose the "Fat Burning Aerobics for Dummies". It's nice to be able to follow a routine after just seeing it once

I have to make Easter sugar cookies for a function tomorrow night...I shall try my best NOT to eat the dough as I'm making them...and to limit myself to one or two, when they're done. We'll see!

Debbie, hope you're hanging in there. I cried for three days, no exaggeration, when we had our Black lab put to sleep. When they are suffering, it just isn't fair to keep them here. vmelo, I have also dreamt of my dear Blackie! have woken up with tears running down my face. It's so hard to lose our friends.

Hope everyone is doing well!