General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 09:44 AM   #46  

Hi,

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Aleka- thanks for the instructions. Today is my first meal in 2 days and I am ravenous! lol I'm havinng my egg whites and oatmeal like a good girl. Congrats on your weightloss! I'm so eager to see if you loose the 10# in 10days, is today day4? I hope this works, at least 7-10#, heck i'll take anything! lol You ate very well this weekend!

For some reason weekends mean pickout time. I don't know but something goes off in my brain Fri evening to Sunday night that it's time to pig out. I'm working hard to correct this. Anyone else have this problem?

I did the hollywood diet for the past 2 days and lost 4#, which I going to work very had towards to keep off. I really didn't like doing the diet but I was very bloated and just wanted to feel tight for a change.

LaDean- How'd you do over the weekend? Are you still sugar free, or slightly sugar free?

Kathy
Old 04-08-2003, 10:44 AM   #47  

Angry Kathy,

Congratulations on your weight loss! It really makes you feel great seeing the scale go down.

I am exactly like you described yourself from Fri. to Sun. I am really trying my darndest to get rid of that habit. That's one of the reasons I started this diet on a Sat. If I do last the 12 days on this diet, I planned it so that my 2 days off the diet landed on Fri. & Sat.

Have a great day!
Old 04-08-2003, 06:41 PM   #48  

Angry GOOD WEEK SO FAR

ALEKA, i had a great weekend. i never exercise both sat and sun though. guess needed a rest. even if i never i had it.ha ha Tuffy is doing so good. hes so playful just like himself before the stroke. still has tilting of head but we are use to it and drags the little left hind leg. but he gets along ok. Hows lacee fine i Hope. WOOF WOOF tuffy says to her. I am doing ok this week. had little sugar but i want to get with it sensibly. so doing good. i figure we need all of it for our eating plan to stick to it. cause when i went off i gained back. so trying to just have some now and then. i been walking this week every morning i walk,
breakfast banana (had to go to store out of town so all i wanted then) not a good choice and its not everyday,
Lunch...... cup of beans and some crackers in it. Milk
dinner.....
well sounds like your doing good on your new plan. i am so happy. that is a great loss. you to kit a good one. I am looking good scales wise this week. I weigh daily my thing so it differs each day. then friday i have tops in the am. i feel so good. blood pressure was down this am to. that made me so happy as i am not on medication for it. trying to watch it on my own. well hey ahve a good day all. good luck on your hollywood diet to cannot remember name now.ha but good luck. so many names my mind jsut goes.ha ha have a great day . LaDean
Old 04-08-2003, 06:42 PM   #49  

KIT, OK THOUGHT I HAD IT RIGHT FROM MY OTHER NOTE. GOOD LUCK TO YOUR NEW PLAN. I TRY THOSE EVER SO OFTEN TO GET SOME OFF FAST AND GIVE ME AN INCENTIVE. LaDean
Old 04-09-2003, 07:17 AM   #50  

Angry Hi LaDean, Kathy!

LaDean, how very lucky for you to have been able to sit out in the sun this past weekend. We had snow and freezing rain just about the whole weekend, with the sun coming out on Sun. But, it was so cold and windy that you just wanted to hunker down with the heat on. Glad that Tuffy is doing well. Lacee says "WOOF" right back at him! That's great you're sticking to your eating plan and like seeing the numbers on the scale. Have a good weigh in at TOPS on Fri. Don't worry about forgetting names and such, we all have those moments. You are doing great with your menu.

Kathy, I found the diet I'm doing on the internet, and the instructions are word for word. The only difference is on the internet version you can have as much cheese as you want too, except for cottage cheese. YIPEE!!! That's the only thing I was missing. How did it go yesterday eating your first "real" food?

4/8 menu:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 3 strips of bacon, black coffee, no sugar
Lunch: huge salad with hamburgh, pepperoni, and regular salad dressing, Waist Watcher soda
Dinner: pizza and 1 glass of wine OOPS!

All I can say is, I really wanted that pizza! Back OP today.
Have a good day everyone.
Alice

Last edited by aleka; 04-09-2003 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:04 PM   #51  

Hi everyone,

I had a very successful day yesterday!
Menu for 4/7
Breakfast- 1/2c oatmeal, 3egg whites, 1c 1% milk for oatmeal
Lunch-salad, 1tbsp dressing, 4oz tuna, 1 balance bar, diet soda
Snack- 1 balance bar
Dinner- 3oz steak, salad, few graham crackers w/ cool whip, diet soda

Aleka- If your anything like me when it comes to the weekends, I think it was a very smart idea to start your diet on a weekend so there was no chance of you cheating. Have you weighed yourself since? I'm so curious, cause if this works for you GF, i'm on board!lol And....I hope that pizza tasted really good? lol

LaDean- Congrats on being healthy all around, re: your blood pressure, etc. Glad to see i'm not the only one who does the Hollywood diet from time to time. Although i've never lost 10# in 2-day though.lol Most i've lost is 4#, what about you?

THE WEATHER SUCKS IN NYC! It's just raining and gloomy, but secretely i'm happy because that gives me more time to get the weight off before the sun starts shining all of of Manhattan gets half naked. lol

Kathy
Old 04-09-2003, 08:08 PM   #52  

Angry dropping in

ALEKA AND KIT,HI, Your days sound so good. so happy for you. i need to get on a plan like that again. now what should it be. bacon is so spendy here. is it there? i love it though.ha i have gone on the grapefruit before and lost. never been on the Hollywood one. will have to read up on it. i love doing different ones.ha ha the losing fast gives me a boast to want to go on with a regular plan. yes i surely have enjoyed the sun. its out again today and yesterday. hubby has yard work all done. i helped some. tuffy loves the sunshine also. yes i think of you in all that snow. i am not a snow person at all. its close down on hills around us. but it can stay there. i hope soon its all gone there to.
the both of you keep up the good work on your plans. I had
BREAKFAST....Oatmeal, milk, toast tsp. peanut butter, banana
LUNCH.......A sasuage,bread
Had my 4 mile walk this am, so a good day here . LaDean
woof woof to lacee

Last edited by LaDean; 04-10-2003 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:43 AM   #53  

Hi everyone,

Yesterday didn't go as well as I had hoped, I wound up having chinese food.

Menu for 4/8
Breakfast- 1/2c oatmeal, 3egg whites, 1c 1% milk for oatmeal
Lunch-salad, 1tbsp dressing, 4oz tuna, 1 balance bar, diet soda
Snack- 1 balance bar, P&J sandwich
Dinner- Chinese food-chicken&broccoli, white rice, crab sticks

Aleka- I started the grapefruit diet today. It's so hard finding unsweetened grapefruit juice. You mentioned something about cheese? Do you have any other details of what is allowed? Am I allowed to have cheese?

LaDean-You said you did the grapefruit diet before, what exactly did you eat, how long were you on it and what did you loose?

Kathy
Old 04-10-2003, 10:37 AM   #54  

Angry Hi....

LaDean, walking 4 miles is really fantastic! How long does it take you to do the 4 miles? There are different versions of the grapefruit diet. Which one did you do and did you gain all the weight back once you stopped? It's nice to do different plans, then you don't get bored. Bacon is kind of expensive here too, actually everything is expensive here

Kathy, if you go to www.************.com scroll down until you see Grapefruit Diet aka The New Mayo Clinic Diet, click onto that and a page will pop up about it. If you click onto the Mayo Clinic pro review, the whole diet is there and you can print it out. I copied and pasted it and sent it to myself. The diet I PM'd you said nothing about cheese, but the one at ************ said you could have as much cheese as you want. So far I have lost about 3 1/2 lb. I honestly don't know how long I will continue with it. I just wanted to get a jump start on my weight loss. This is not a diet you could do for long term. I have about 15 more lb. to go before I'm to where I want to be. I may do this until I lose the 15, or after the first 12 days, I'm not sure. I'm either going back to counting points, or Somersizing when I'm through with this WOE, I can't seem to make up my mind. Each plan has it's good points and bad points. Good luck with it, and let us know how you're doing.

Menu 4/9:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 3 slices bacon, black coffee, no sugar
Lunch: homemade vegetable soup ,Waist Watcher diet soda
Snack: (I was starving) sm. handful soy nuts & water
Dinner: fried chicken breasts, broccoli/cauliflower mix, tomatoes, slices cucumbers & bell peppers in Balsamic vinegar, Waist
Watcher Diet Soda
Snack. S/F jello, decaf coffee, black no sugar

Have a good day.
Aleka

Last edited by aleka; 04-10-2003 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:47 PM   #55  

Aleka, thanks so much for the info! Today is day 6 for you? Keep going, I think it's worth it. If this diet gives you results you could just loose the 15# on it and be done w/ it! If this works for me, i'm going to stick out for as long as I can. Thanks so much for posting this. Are you skipping the grapefruit juice? Congrats on your weightloss btw! WTG! When you loose the 15# will you be at goal weight? I have about 44# to go to be done w/ it all.

Kathy
Old 04-10-2003, 02:14 PM   #56  

Kathy,
The first day I started this diet I did not drink any grapefruit juice, because I didn't have any in the house, and we were having a very nasty day outside. I did get some for the second day and I've been drinking it when I think of it. I have been using Ocean Spray White Grapefruit juice. The label says "no added sugar". My GF told me not to use the Ruby-Red Grapefruit juice. Yes, this is day 6 for me. Are you hungry at all between meals? About 2 hrs. after I eat I start getting hungry, and by the time my next meal is due, I'm ravenous. My meals just don't stay with me. I am hoping this is temporary and my stomach will get used to it. No matter what, I am sticking to this for awhile. Good luck to you!If our weather holds out tomorrow, no ice or snow, my GF who faxed me the diet & I will be having lunch and I'll find out how long it took her to lose 10 lb. and I'll let you know.

Hi LaDean, hope your day is going well.

Have a great afternoon and a good evening.
Aleka
Old 04-10-2003, 02:47 PM   #57  

Thanks for answering my questions Aleka! I get hungry about every 3hrs, but once I eat i'm ok. Just think of yourself as a fat burning machine!lol And yes, pls let me know what your friend say. I think this diet could bring us sucess, and then we just go back to WW or whatever when we are done loosing the weight. I'm tired of trying to lose weight, I just want to be done w/ it already. I remember when i was doing Atkins the first week I lost 7#, then after that it was 3# a week. This diet is similar.

Kathy
Old 04-10-2003, 04:21 PM   #58  

Red face has been quite awhile

Aleka and Kit, it has been sometime since i was on it. was a faze then and lots were on it. when it came out so been awhile. anyhows i did good i remember. but like them all went off it and yes i imagine it was gained back. cause i did not do what i do now. that is get on a good plan and all. so just keep gaining. but i have tryed so many plus the pills and herbs and you name it i think i have done it all. so at that age now where its find that life time plan and i have that . but got on the sugar again so fighting that again. i just need something to give me a push and start again. thanks for that site i put it on favorites and will check it out. i love reading the different ones out there.
Aleka. your doing great on it. geee just that to lose just go for it if it gets to making you not so hungry. or get on your sommers or ww now that would be good and you would fill fuller and not gain it back. so what ever is best for you. I am now counting calories and carbs. and watching my portions. trying to stay off that darn sugar.ha not doing to bad. my friend and i are taking a jar and sitting it out. when we have something bad to eat we put a quarter in our jar. so far got a dollar in there.ha ha but weighin tomorrow morning so today is a good extra good watch it day.ha ha scales are down this am and i want to keep them that way.
BREAKFAST....... 2 toast & milk
LUNCH........ 1/2 Sausage and toast
Do you still have snow? does lacee like it. tuffy loves it i throw snow balls and he chases them. use to anyhows. we have not had any in awhile and thankful for that.ha is raining today but i had my 4 mile walk. it takes me about a hour to walk it. i do it daily. i need to add more exercise and hopefully this next week that will be done..... Hey you 2 are doing so good. that is great. i am glad i came into the site again. WOOF WOOF TUFFY SAYS TO LACEE. HA HAVE A GREAT DAY LaDean oh the grapefruit diet that i was on was about the same as one your on.

Last edited by LaDean; 04-10-2003 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:49 PM   #59  

LaDean- LOL re: the quarter in the jar, well dollar now. I know it's so hard to stay off sugar, and w/ this new diet i'm doing i've got 12days straight of no extras it's going to be hard but worth it.

It's true what you said that lost of people go on the quick fix diets but when they are done they go back to their bad habits. It's so good we are an educated crowd and can eat healthy 98% of the time so quick fixes won't turn into a nightmare for us.

I don't have any snow in NYC, good riddens to it! lol I'm so tired of snow.

What your doing is one of the best ways to do it, counting carbs. Carbs/sugar I believe is the root of most of out weight problems.

Kathy
Old 04-10-2003, 05:48 PM   #60  

Talking yes i have blown it.ha

KIT, yes the first time i went off the sugar last july i started and was losing all those weeks in row no gains. then came Oct and i started thinking i could eat it sensibly. but found out took me long enough with gaining back the wt that i am not ready to be sensibly with it. lol so now it seems to be harder to get back on the wagon.lol then the first time around. but hey i am doing good so can not complain. at least like you said we are smart enough to not get off our plans completly. Now your on the Hollywood diet Kit? i have not checked into it may have to.
aleka, i checked out that site but does not give the diets. so i will go and look up one maybe . .... good luck to all and have a GREAT DAY....... its fun knowing the both of you and chatting daily i like and it helps me alot. LaDean
DINNER...... EARLY ONE AS TOPS TOMORROW SO IS BETTER TO EAT EARLY,LOL
Dish of beans, toasted cheese sandwitch, dill pickle and glass of milk. scales are down so i hope this eating early does not effect them. i will do some exercise later today. .....

Last edited by LaDean; 04-10-2003 at 06:00 PM.
Closed Thread