General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 02:16 PM   #76  

Hi,

Aleka, I'm so glad that pound+ came off, congrats girl! Yeah, you might as well have your cereal in the morning and count that as your only starch for the day. I just want to get out of the 170's so badly! Congrats again on just about loosing your pre-vaction weight. So how much weightloss does that make for you since you started the diet?

LaDean- How is everything going?

4/15 Menu
B-1/2c grapefruit juice, 2eggs, 3slice bacon
L-1/2c grapefruit jucie, salad,dressing, chicken
S-balance bar
D-salad, dressing, steak, a lot of graham crackers, I was craving something sweet yesterday.

Kathy
Old 04-17-2003, 01:05 AM   #77  

Angry forgot

ALEKA AND KIT. i just did a long note and forgot to send it.ha ha YEHHHHHH FOR THE BOTH OF YOU AND THE GREAT JOB YOUR DOING WITH YOUR PLANS. I LOVE TO HEAR NEWS LIKE THIS. it helps me so much. I came in earlier yesterday and forgot to get back in.ha thought i had. now this is age for sure.ha ha I still have not found that plan i want. well its after easter now for it.ha i am fixing the dinner. are you both sticking to ones your on. Like i said i love bacon i could eat it all day.ha ha especially the bacon and tomatoe sandwitches. its off sale now.ha woof woof from tuffy to lacee. I hope its warmed up there. was a nice day here. but some rain later this afternoon. tuffy hates it. i never got a walk in got a blister yesterday. daughter got me a cute pair of shoes and good ones. just higher in back and rubbed. well it will get better i love the shoes. well hey have a good day tomorrow. LaDean
Old 04-17-2003, 09:44 AM   #78  

Hi ladies,

LaDean, I hate when i'm writing a long message and I loose it, when I try to do it the second time it's never the same! lol Yup, i'm still doing the grapefruit diet but I decided to cut out the grapefruit juice. Today, I decided to try to be 100% sugar free, I notice I loose better when i'm sugarfree. It's weird how a few grams of sugar can hold you back. What kind of plan interest you?

Aleka-How's it going? I'm doing ok. I'm cutting out the grapefruit juice out of the diet so i'm basically going to be doing a type of Atkins diet. I think that will work best for me. I haven't lost anymore. I'm always stuck at this weight and can't loose beyond this so im cleaning up my diet and i'll see how it goes.

Menu for 4/16 Wed.
Breakfast-1/2c grapefruit juice, 2eggs, 3slice bacon
Lunch-1/2c grapefruit juice, chicken, salad, dressing, diet soda
Snack-balance bar
Dinner-crab sticks, salad, diet soda, lots and lots of graham crackers w/ cool whip and hershey syrup, I don't know what got into me!

kathy
Old 04-17-2003, 03:24 PM   #79  

Angry

LaDean, sorry about you losing your long message. Don't you hate when that happens? What are you fixing for Easter Dinner? DH & I are planning on going out for dinner. There is just the 2 of us, and Lacee of course, our families are scattered about. I will be bringing some of my dinner home for Lacee. She says "WOOF" back. Have you got any plan in mind you'd like to do? I am modifying the grapefruit diet a bit by occasionally adding more carbs.

Kathy, I sort of stopped with the grapefruit juice too. I hardly ever think to drink it, and I don't think it does anything to help your metabolism. That's good you figured out what would work best for you. I think this will work out better for me if I add a few carb meals a week.

Did you both hear that Dr. Atkins died today? I knew he was in a coma and that the Drs. didn't hold out much hope. I was awfully sad to hear this.

4/16
B: shredded wheat 'n' bran cereal, blueberries, skim milk, coffee, black no sugar
L: salad w/hamburgh, pepperoni, cheese, and regular salad dressing. diet soda
D: 2 pcs pizza (don't ask.... ) diet soda
Snack: canned & fresh fruit mixed with yogurt & cool whip, black decaf coffee..no sugar.

Have a great evening.
Aleka
Old 04-17-2003, 05:21 PM   #80  

Angry LaDean says hi

ALEKA AND KIT. hey did you decided on a new name???? yes it makes me mad to do a long one and then does not go.ha I forget have of it.....
MY EASTER MEAL......
Turkey, ham., mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, noodles, sweet potatoes with marshmellows, salads (fruit and vegie). Potatoe salad( for sandwitches if want later ) vegie(corn and green beans favorite) rolls,stove top dressing, deviled eggs, lemon pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate pie, (all my families favorite) well guess that is it. ha ha I plan to enjoy easter and then get back with my new program. well i will be on my prism NO SUGAR AND WATCH STARCHES. but hey are you 2 going ton the atkins. if so i will join you let me know.will go for it monday.... i did it before and was not to bad, i do not eat enough protein i know and it helps me have that. so i will go on it until garden time and fresh fruit time. ha then that will give me a start to have a loss.ha ha
ALEKA, if it were just us i would go out to eat also. is lots better. I have a son and daughter. she is single. son is married and they have a daughter 5 and son 4. they live close . then my brother and wife and his son and family will be here. they have alittle girl 4. so is fun to watch the grandbabies and her. so its enough to fix for.ha ha It tastes better to me later eater evening.ha
Kit, what are your plans???? Hey i do feel so much better when off the darn sugar. i cannot believe what it does to our bodies. i was so good and lost 24 lbs off it and then dec. back and well you know what happen .... gains and more gains. so i am ready for a new plan. If it be the atkins for the both of you then i will do it also...... No aleka had not heard he died how sad. hes helped so many people.
tuffy is sleeping alot lately..... he does not like goingout in the rain at all. he loves the sunshine. ha well hey I will go for now////

walked this am my regular 4 miles
BREAKFAST,,,,,, slice of toast, hafe a sausage, cup of fruit...
LUNCH....... some shelled peanuts.... I have tops in the am and so its touch and go on scales. so its be GOOD GIRL today i mean extra GOOD. Have a great day. later LaDean WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO CALL THE BOARD/???? HAVE YOU DECIDED????
Old 04-17-2003, 05:44 PM   #81  

Lightbulb CHECK THIS OUT

ALEKA AND KIT, LOOK WHAT I FOUND......I was searing another board on here. it was the new SOUTH BEACH DIET..... I had never heard of it and figured hey a NEW one i love them.lol so they had the book some of them. so i searched it and found a site with the whole plan. its like atkins but can add fruits and vegies i guess some that is. so i am just checking it out myself. but wanted to get here and let you know the site its on. i am thinking i will give it a try for my new one. beings its like the atkins anyhows. so here goes check it out...... i also put it on that board for the gals thee.....

SOUTH BEACH DIET....
http://www.prevention.com/cda/featur...0,5345,00.html it looks neat..... let me know what you think about it LaDean
Old 04-17-2003, 06:15 PM   #82  

Angry LaDean,

I saw the South Beach Diet a few weeks ago when I went into Prevention. So, I ordered the book. I've read it and it looks like something I could possibly do. They gave a menu for each day, but it didn't say whether or not you could mix and match the foods. I just can't stand the taste of fish. I don't mind lobster, shrimp, and fried clams. If I can swap the fish for chicken, I'd do it.

Do you have any idea for a new name for our little group? I liked Kathy's name, Diet Talk. Maybe on Monday we can start our new thread.

Take care.
Aleka
Old 04-18-2003, 12:36 AM   #83  

Angry LIKE IT TO

OH you got the book. i think monday i will go for it. going to print it off tonite and check library and see if they have it... sounds good what i saw of it.

THAT IS A GOOD NAME. I LIKE IT TO. SO GO FOR IT. we talk about our different plans and all. so specific one. so is great name for us. I will be watching for it. if you change it let me know..
You 2 are doing so good... If i go on that plan i will not eat FISH at all. I hate it. i will eat chicken. so monday lets go for it and see how each of us do. that is if you want to. i am going for it and will let you know how it goes. I love the prevention site. i joined it to. in fact i get the magazine all the time at library that way do not have them all over.ha
tuffy is fine and having a good day. I hope lacee is also. My hubby worked nite shift before he retired. so he and tuffy had snack time when he got in after midnite. so guess what he starts begging now about this time since we retired. so cute he knows the time and all. its sure gotten earlier.ha Hes a begger when it comes to food he loves to eat. well hey have a nice evening.... woof woof from tuffy..... LaDean to the both of you for good losses i will know in am what my week was.ha ha oh week went good. i mean the scales lol
Old 04-18-2003, 06:28 AM   #84  

Angry

Hey there,

LaDean, a person after my own heart...you don't like fish either! There is a South Beach diet topic on the low-carb thread. I posted there last night asking if I had to eat the foods in the daily menu planner, or could I substitute the foods that I would prefer. Someone already replied and said they didn't see why not. I would switch chicken for fish. I dug the book out last night and will read it and I just may join you on Monday! I like the fact that you can start adding carbs back into your diet after 2 weeks. I added the link you posted into my favorites.

Kathy, how are things going with you? Are you still not drinking your grapefruit juice? Since I stopped the grapefruit juice I feel a little freer now that there is one less thing I have to remember to do. Did you check out the South Beach Diet?

Would you guys like to start our Diet Talk topic on Monday since it's the start of a new week? If so, whoever is the first one to post Mon. can start the topic.

I hope you both have a wonderful Easter.
Aleka
Old 04-18-2003, 09:39 AM   #85  

Smile sounds good to me

I would not see why you could not eat chicken. i am going to. I fix fish cakes with canned salmon and tuna fish sandwitches. only kind of fish i can eat. not to much of it. cause the cakes have the crackers in it and all. Yes Monday i am going for it. Thanks for doing it to. have not copied it off yet i will do that today.
KIT,,,,, are you going for it to or sticking to the grapefruit??? what ever you can still post your doing it to. I love that name as we are using what we want for plans and changing to. I know before on the atkins was hard for me i like my fruit and vegies.... so i think this will be better. yes that is the board i found it on. Ok yes post our name Monday neat...... HAVE A GREAT EASTER...... LaDean woof woof happy easter lacee
Old 04-18-2003, 08:49 PM   #86  

I have sunk to an all time low ladies. I have lost 3# in the past month and keep regaining it and loosing it over and over and over and over again. No more quick fixes for me. I knew and relearned that I need a balanced diet, i'm not going to be cutting carbs completely out of my diet.

Aleka- I've stopped the grapefruit diet entirely. I feel much freer as well. I'm just going to stick to have no more than 2starches a day, and keep my portions small. I've given up on trying to loose this and that amount in a quick time because i whind up back where I started from and everytime I fail I feel more and more like a failure. This is so hard!

LaDean- You are having a feast for Easter! Your cooking the whole meal?

I may hang out w/ my family on Sunday, we usually have a family day anyway, so it's more of the same, i'll just get dressed up for it. lol

Oh, I love fish and hate chicken, even though i'm always eating it for lack of anything else.

Aleka, LaDean, i'll be checking in all weekend. You know when you don't hear from me often i'm doing something really bad!lol So i'll check in more to keep me honest.

Kathy
Old 04-19-2003, 04:45 PM   #87  

Red face 8th day NO SUGAR

KIT, your really right there. the losing fast plans are that. then try to get on regular plan following it.... I am mostly no sugar and white flour products.... I do watch portions again to. I had just gotten off my regular plan.. i gained to. so i do my regular and add to alot..... your doing great KIt.... i am glad your coming in often. when i come in here it keeps my mind off food to... i love seeing how the both of you are doing... it helps me so much. glad your back to your regular plan that helped you

ALEKA..... GOOD FOR YOU ON THE PLAN...... Now monday i will start that SOUTH BEACH PLAN.... not calling it a Diet... ha I feel that i have been off sugar now and do not even want it. My daughter fixes easter baskets for grandbabies so they think bunny comes to grandmas to. so anyhow helped her last nite put different candies in the plastic eggs. we done alot. love to watch them. well i never even wanted it. filled a cute basket candy bowl she got me and this am never even wanted it.... going to look for some sugar free dessert for me tomorrow to..... I am getting back to where i was before december.lol

3 weeks and no GAINS.....YEHHHHHHH LOVE IT........

KIT,,,, yes i am fixing a feast it seems. and yes doing it all. but love to have family together. i try to fix some of there favorites. I have 9 adults and 3 children coming. there grandaughter is 5 and grandson is 4 and great neice is 4. so cute to watch. its suppose to be sunny so love to watch them hut the eggs. we have a gold one with something special also....
Oh also aleka tuffy has his basket also.... all his little treats... he says happy easter to lacee......
well hey i am going to go for now this is getting quite long.lol HAVE A GREAT EASTER BOTH OF YOU AND LACEE TO..... i will most likely be checking in more today to KIT
Old 04-19-2003, 06:46 PM   #88  

LaDean, I went to the link you had about the S.B.D., what are the specifics? Like I read you are basically on induction for 2wks, but what happens after that. They say you can eat fruit, but what exactly is the menu. It sounds interesting, I could use it as a guideline. Good luck w/ your Easter dinner, sounds like your going to have your hands full!

Aleka- Happy Easter!

Not going to bothe posting my menu because it's full of rice, icecream, cake, I can eat this and not gain weight, I can diet like on Atkins and not lose weight. I just feel like giving up, but I can't except this extra weight!

kathy
Old 04-19-2003, 07:57 PM   #89  

Angry Good evening,

LaDean, that's fantastic that you've been off sugar 8 days, and haven't gained any weight! Isn't it great that you can be around sugar and not want any? That's a good idea not calling the SBD a diet. I think that's the key. It sounds like you have a very nice Easter planned with your family. I hope you all have a very wonderful Easter. Lacee sends her Easter wishes to Tuffy. Lacee will be getting her "cookies" for her Easter basket.

Kathy, I think I'll use the SBD as a guideline also. The first 2 weeks are very restrictive, but after that it you incorporate more carbs. It sounds something like Atkins. I've decided not to do the grapefruit diet either. I did lose weight, but I haven't been that strict lately and I'm afraid some of the weight has come back. I really am afraid to get on the scale.

My eating since Friday hasn't been all that great, so I will not be posting a menu either.

Take care and again, HAPPY EASTER!!!
Aleka
Old 04-19-2003, 11:32 PM   #90  

Angry checking into it

KIT, i just printed it off the SBP(using P for plan) i think i will go for it. i think like alkea that its similar to the atkins but can add fruit and vegies. which I think would be better for me adding low ones as i love them and miss them on atkins. so i am going for it MONDAY. If you like the Atkins KIT just stay with it. if it helps you. its almost like this one so we could all be on about same one. Yes i have a pretty good size meal planned. some like one thing and others like one thing. so do several.lol I did and i am so happy got some SUGAR FREE PUDDING MIX (BUTTERSCOTCH) TO MAKE ME A PIE...... Now that is thinking right.ha ha I just feel so good off the sugar. thanks ALEKA AND KIT. you 2 have helped me lots i love sharing with others and i think this is great to come into.My daughter just went and got dog goodies for tuffys basket.ha Hes glad lacee is getting some in hers to.
Prevention site has a neat message board i just read a few its large on this plan. well hey got to start getting something done or no one will be eating tomorrow.ha ha HAVE A NICE DAY ALL. LaDean
Closed Thread