General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 09:15 PM   #181  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey gang. I am in a coma. Can hardly type.

Absentee voting started today and I am TIRED. Tomorrow will be more of the same and then non stop action until Nov 5th.

Tig, I wasn't able to see your pictures. *WAAAH* I have read reviews of the video that you mentioned and heard bad stuff. They like the book, hate the video. (glad you grew some balls today. HAHAHA)

Kayla, still buring the candle at both ends? LOL...

Semo, I'll say a prayer for your friend.

Jo, how are you doing? Hanging in there?

Huntress, I know what you mean about the walking buddies. I had one that was like a freaking drill seargant. She would call and I would say, "nah, I can't walk tonight" and by God, she would be on my doorstep 10 minutes later ringing my doorbell giving me crap about how once I got started I would enjoy it. I told her that once I started beating her with a stick, I was pretty sure I WOULD enjoy that.

Well girlies, another day of perfect eating. I went out about bought my 8 pounders! So, I am good to go. I am doing my stretches every day but still have NO desire to get in the cardio. No desire what so ever.

So, we will see what the scale says this week.

Well, see you all later,
Tiff
Old 09-27-2002, 06:23 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Hi all!

Doing OK so far. I managed to get out walking again last night and I have a standing date with a next door neighbor on weekend mornings so hopefully I'll start to see an improvement on the scales soon. Eating has been ok, but drinking that debil water has been a struggle. Making a commitment to drink my 8-8 ozs today. I can tell almost immediately when I quit drinking cause I start feeling tired and sluggish.

Tif - You crack me up, maybe I need a drill seargent! Whip my butt into shape. And my legs and my hips.......oh, never mind.

Jello - Thanks for the tip, not sure if I want to put something over my ears where I can't hear cars coming though since I walk in my neighborhood. These people drive like maniacs and probably wouldn't care if they ran over and old fat lady. In fact, one of them bumped me from behind in my new car yesterday then hauled a$$. Boy was I steamed, fortunately there wasn't even a scratch on my car, not sure if I want to take that chance with my tired old body.

Tigerlilly - The nerve of some people, I hope you get your money.

SEMO - Your new bedroom sounds lovely. Kind of reminds me of when Tiffany did her bathroom a while back. I love you creative people, could you rub some of it off on me, please. Let me know how your friend is doing, I care.

Kayla - I promise I will email you this weekend, OK

Dyan - Where you at girl, miss ya. Hope everything is going OK with the move. Not sure if you told us already but when will you be having your surgery?

So, I'm feeling more and more like I'm getting back in the groove these days. Got on the scale this morning, at 192 now. Guess it was just another trip to Funkytown for me. I hate that place and don't want to go back again. On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again, the life I love is making music with my friends and I just can't wait to get on the road again!

TGIF!

LJ
225/192/150
Old 09-27-2002, 06:43 AM   #183  

well poop, the pic link should have worked.

photos.yahoo.com/catgrass2002

I'm going to get my weights today!
Old 09-27-2002, 08:41 AM   #184  
Long Lost Chickie

Tig, I got a message this morning that the server's being updated or something and your photos will be "available soon". Don't worry. Just go back to staring at your new furniture and don't think about how jealous I am! Sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see the photos.

We're done with the kitchen reno. and have started on the diningroom. From there, we move on to the living room. Slow progress but I'll be needing decorating ideas. (Hint hint.)

Semo, I'm sure you don't need another story but I'm going to tell you one anyway. A guy who used to work here started having really bad, blinding headaches. His wife had to take him to the ER and they found a brain tumor, took him immediately to surgery and "fixed" him. That was a couple years ago and he's now good as new ... and as obnoxious as ever. OK, he's not one of my favorite people but he is a brain surgery success story. I'm still remembering your friend in my prayers.

BTW Semo, was it you who said it was quiet around here? Well, of course it is!! No Tiff!!! Seriously, we miss you Tiffany!!! Job sounds hectic but I'll bet it makes the day go by faster???

I went to the gym last night but had to force myself. Rains have finally come to our area and it's been gray and cold and ... YUCKY. (Technical term.) Makes me just want to go home, curl up and sleep. But I went and got the old body moving for a little while.

... then I went home and ate pasta. Lots and lots of pasta.

As of this morning, I'm back on the wagon. Too much of this half-way, half-hearted stuff. I'll never make my Halloween goals at the rate I'm going.

Doctor has me on new meds. Picked up the prescription last night and am feeling a bit queasy. Maybe that'll help.

Looking at the bright side....
Old 09-27-2002, 09:10 AM   #185  

Good Morning and a happy Friday.

Jello, I'm with you, I've been setting on the fence for way too long and it's time to move forward. I'm starting fresh this Friday Morning. I'm just gonna do what I know works and stop playing around. Okay now that's behind me and today the sun in shinning and it a wonderful day and etc, etc. Okay so I'm trying to convience myself you know the mental part is half the battle.

Huntress, I used to walk with this fabulous older lady, she had the greatest outlook on life and found beauty in everything, trees, birds, etc. She was 70 something and could out walk me by a long shot. Anyway she would always brighten my day, wish you could find a walking partner that would do the same for you.

Tiff, glad that the job is going well, hope it works out to be full time, altho we miss your postings.

Tig, my last purchase of furniture was plaid, dark green, blue, rust and gold. I just had to have it and now I wish I had gone netural and picked up color with the pillows and throws. It will be 20 years before my stuff will wear out, I think it's made of iron! Or maybe it not showing wear because we don't have kids bouncing off of it.........

Well gotta run, I'm working on inventory today.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:15 AM   #186  
Long Lost Chickie

Tig, I LOVE the sectional!! (Can get to your photos now.)

OK, now I'm VERY jealous.
Old 09-27-2002, 09:40 AM   #187  

Got up this morning and ate 3 oreo cookies. 5am, and I ate cookies. Darn that fall colored orange creme. What's even more stupid is that I even have them in my house.
I did follow them up later with oatmeal. I'm a sucker, bought the Quaker "nutrition for women"...."specially formulated". I'm guessing the old fashioned oats are probably the best, healthy wise. And what is up with the seving size of those packets?!

Miss Tiff, this job isn't going to work out for us if you can't play during the day.

My old sofa is a southwest print, jewel tones. I thought it still looked good....until seeing it next to the new one. Right now they are both still in the livingroom. One of these years, the old one is suppose to go downstairs...when it's finished. In my lifetime I hope.

I think I've used "starting a new program on Monday" as an excuse not to try hard enough this week. Although, it has been a difficult week......BUT, I probably could have handled everything better if I was IN SHAPE and EAT'N HEALTHY!

Let's get off the fence and get this wagon moving! All aboard to motivationville!
Old 09-27-2002, 02:30 PM   #188  

Ran home at lunch and no exercise book yet.... So far two meals that have been OP and no snacks. But oh the dreaded weekend is here and we eat out a lot. It seems that I have no control over myself when we eat out but I will rebound and do well this weekend. I'll worry about the next one when it gets here.....

So Tig does the orange filling taste different than the white in an oreo? BTW love the new furniture, it really looks comfy, I can hear it calling for someone to cuddle up with a good book on it.

Jello, how are you doing on your new begining. Come on and let's get the heck out of....of.... oh what is it that ya'll call that place, funkville, or should it be defunkieville. Funktown, heck I can't remember and I'm to lazy to look it up, anyway lets leave our dust there and get moving, come on Huntress and anyone else that needs it too, lets go. (sound like a cheerleader don't I )
Old 09-27-2002, 04:03 PM   #189  
Long Lost Chickie

Woo hoo! Sun's out! First time in 2 days we've seen it here. Just appeared from behind the clouds as I logged into this forum. Hey, you guys are good!! :

One more hour I have to tell my boss I won't be here for the big contractual stuff next month. Yes, I'm a chicken. Just can't quite bring myself to say it.

Did I tell you guys that 5 years ago when I did battle with my ovarian cancer it was almost 2 weeks after the discovery and surgery that someone actually used the "C word". I'd heard biopsy, malignant, tumor, etc. but the first time someone said "cancer" I freaked out.

Still freakin' a little....

But only a little. Gotta live life while we can, right? I'm going to worry about more pressing matters. Like getting through the weekend OP!!

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 09-27-2002, 08:12 PM   #190  

Dang....you guys ARE quiet without me around. Makes me feel bad, I must have a BIG mouth.

Homecoming game tonight, I am off like a prom dress...I'll check in tomorrow. I have lots to say. Imagine that!

Tiff
Old 09-28-2002, 02:48 AM   #191  

Hey everyone,

I just got home from the welcome back dance, it was my little sisters first high school dance, it was......different. she is so much like me when I was in junior high (grades 9-12, all one school)

You know the thing in grease at the prom when they make a line of boys and a line of girls and you go with the person accross from you and dance down the center??? Well we tried to do that at our school, but it only worked for a few minuts until the boys decided they all wanted to go together, and left us girls,

BUT the first few that actually went like they were supposed to, i look up, and my baby sister, and one of the most popular (and nice) grade 11 guys that i know is dancing away down the line with my little grade 7 sister.....i just about cried, i remember the first time a "highschool" boy asked me to dance when i was in grade 7.... I was in heaven! she was so happy, afterwards i was like, chris, you are such a sweetie, thank you so much for dancing with my sis, that totally made her night! he was like...no problem..anytime, and smiled...hes GORGEOUS!

Anyways, Monday i am going to go to the gym, i dont care what....monday i am getting back on track.... I felt like **** tonight.....i dont know why, but some changes have to be made...i DESPERATLY want to make my halloween goal.....and if i dont i will be so dissappointed in myself, because i know i can do it......anyways.....

i can barely see the screen, im exhausted! i will talk to you all later! have a good night! luv ya lots!
-Kayla
Old 09-28-2002, 02:43 PM   #192  

I recieved my Kathy Smith Book in the mail today. Haven't had a chance to do anything other than thumb through it. Well, I bit the bullet and started to log my food on fitday today too. OMG guess the next step will to be a better, kinder person. Naw, I can only change so many things at once. Guess I'll try to pick up another tonight or tomorrow while I'm out. So who's setting up our schedule....I need someone to tell me when and what I need to do. Gotta jet.
Old 09-28-2002, 03:59 PM   #193  

Well, I think we need to wait and see where Dyan is at with this. I think, though, that with her upcoming surgery, etc..it will be a while before she is cleared to begin a weight regimen. But that is only my thoughts, not the "official" word.

As far as you and Tig...I think you need to work through the book this week and then next Monday we can start week one if everyone is ready to go by then.

Let me know thoughts on this.

Ok, off to take pictures for homecoming!
Tiff
Old 09-29-2002, 06:38 PM   #194  
DNW

Hi Everybody:

Been goofing around for the past few days in a really bad mood. However, all days for food have been good except for Friday were good. That was planned binge and free food day that i have been waiting for so i enjoyed it. however, i don't think i will be doing it again any time soon as I think it screwed up my overall calories for thw week. It was so good though.

Tig: I went to your site to see the sectional and it is very gorgeous!

Also your kids look just like you and they are handsome boys. I never had children so i envy you....i bet your a great mom too!

Tiffany so how goes the job...we miss your presense all day long...however, i have to also watch my time on the pc in work because it's really been too much lately and sooner or later i am going to hear about it from our big brother IT department.

Jello how is your friend?

Kayla i read your last entry and got tears in my eyes...i remember too what it was like to have a much older boy be nice to me when i was in the 7th grade, it was heaven....thank you for making us all feel and remember what it was like to be young!

Semo sounds like you're ready to kick butt with the weights and the spirit of Kathy Smith!!

Huntress: I know just what you mean with the water....weekends are usually my worst with it since i am running around and can't stop to pee every 10 minutes like a usually do.

Well hopefully my extremely grumpy mood will pass...right now i am taking it out on deadnurse himself....and i think i missed two of my doses of hormones so i think the menopuase fairies are screwing with my head.

Love to all!
Old 09-29-2002, 11:42 PM   #195  

Hi everyone! I am starting yet another new job on Tuesday, so I am taking today off. I was working at the County Clerk's office and now I am actually going to the University of Illinois. The pay is about 4 bucks an hour higher, and the chances for a permanent position are greater...so wish me luck. Anyway, I will be going to the noon WW meeting on Monday, so I can get it out of the way early. Let's see if I have knocked off any of those 6 pounds I put on last week.

Homecoming game was wonderful. We won. Homecoming dance was bittersweet...my daughter looked so pretty, but so grown up too. Here is the link for a couple of pictures of her.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/tiffan...+Album&.view=l

Well, the weekend went well. I was well within my limits for food all weekend and I walked and rode my bike too. I feel really strong and focused again. I am so glad I ride out those rough times and stick with it.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I look forward to playing today. As I said, I will be gone from about 11:30 Central time to 1:00....but then I will be back to entertain you all.

Much love,
Tiffany
Closed Thread