General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 07:15 AM   #166  

OMG%*#&^%*#&^!!!!! The check that I was given last week bounced! It cost ME $10. So, now I'm out the babysitting fee plus what my banked charged ME. I'm flipping out. I keep telling myself, no biggie. It's only money. I've got a roof over my head, food on the table (too much food ) BUT, she's gonna show up here to drop her kid off today. What the *bleep* am I gonna do? Cut my losses now. Lock the door and hide downstairs? OR, let her drop her off and tell her she owes me for last week, plus an additional $10, plus THIS WEEK! VOICES IN MY HEAD!
no biggie, no biggie, no biggie. I feel like I've drank the whole pot of coffee and I've only had one mug!

tigerlily, tripping out....
Old 09-26-2002, 08:33 AM   #167  
Long Lost Chickie

Tig, calmly explain to the that this is no longer working and you will be unable to watch her child in the future. If she needs someone just for today and is in a pinch, you'll do it but only today. Sorry but I can no longer watch your child. Period. Cut your losses.

Yeah, easy for me to say, right?

Nurse, 1600-2000 calories sounds just right to me. My trainer told me 1700 and, well, it'd work for me if I'd just stick to it already!!!

Tiff, glad you like the new job. Ooh, and how's it feel to shop in the smaller size section? Someday I'm going to find out too... Congratulations!!

Huntress, walking with headphones and books on cassette. That's the way to go. You get to hear a story (just like when we were kids ) and you don't have to carry on a conversation. Most libraries have them to loan out.

I still haven't told the boss I won't be here for the french reps but I found someone to whom I can give access to my computer while I'm gone in case bossman needs some file or something. He always freaks out and runs around like "what'll I do? what'll I do?" but then never seems to have anything that can't wait till I get back. It's only a day, for crying out loud. What I didn't tell him is that if the biopsy findings aren't so good, I may be out for a lot longer than that. We'll just wait and see....

Time to work. Some folks here weren't around last week on my b-day so they're taking me to lunch today. We'll probably be gone a lot longer than the 1/2 hour I'm supposed to have. I'm challenging the old *itch to make just one little comment. Just one. Come on. Bring it on!!

Whew.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:39 AM   #168  

Guess what, hubby liked the bedroom. WHEW. The stamped wall was his favorite. Three walls are painted sage green and the wall behind the headboard is a couple shades darker with leaves stamped in the lighter color. I buzzed home after work and put the new conforter & shams on, put some new pictures and old stuff that I took down from the living room when I painted there, on the wall and closed the door. When he came in he asked if he could get in there and when he opened the door SURPRISE it was all done. Of course the rest of the house looks like crap but I'll do that tonight but will have to stop long enough to watch Suviors.

Huntress, what worked the exercise or the wine? The tape player is a good idea, I do that on my orbitreck.

DNW, your going to run in to nay sayers everywhere you go, but what you have to remember is this is for you not them. Besides if you start starving yourself you body will adjust to that amount of calories and you will me much worst off.

I got on the scales this morning and was down 5 pounds, total shock, got off and back on and sure enough down 5, just as I was about to step back on there the third time I noticed that someone (my son) had moved the scale back to zero. Dang it, I had them set up to match the doctor's scales so now I've gained a pound. I was about ready to start painting and scraping wallpaper as a second job. NOT!

Tig, just be up front with this lady and tell her that she will need to bring you cash. She is certainly having cash problems and it may be for some reason that she has no control over. If you don't want to watch her daughter at least give her through Friday, you know how hard it is to find someone at a minutes notice. If the money is the only thing you lose in this deal you can chaulk it up to one of those life learning experiences and forget it.

Jello, I've had a biopsy, mine was in the doctors office. It's not pleasant but the waiting to hear back is far worse than the procedure. We'll be right here with ya.

Good morning to everyone else, time to get myself to work.
Old 09-26-2002, 10:19 AM   #169  

I grew balls! I called the lady . She's suppose to bring the cash and I'll give her the check, as my bank mailed it to me. Meanwhile, she calls back...she's not bringing her daughter today. She's a sweet little girl. I hope her mom isn't as bad as the impression gives. Who knows if I'll see the money. Learning experience and forget, I'll try.

ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN....
The book store called. Kathy Smith is in! (sure could use that money....trying to forget)
And, Sofa Sectional will be here today!
And, family appears to be over the flu! Iron Gut prevails!

Semo, bedroom sounds great. I just love decorating
I'm off to re-arrange furniture!
Old 09-26-2002, 10:59 AM   #170  

Guys, I just got a call from my best friend and she has a brain tumor, please keep her in your prayers. I know that you don't know her but I believe in the power of prayer and the more the better. She went for some testing last week because she could not see out of one eye and her DR called her last night and gave her the news. He is making an appt in St Louis for further testing. She is a wonderful person and I love her dearly, we have gone thru lots of things together good and bad.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:07 PM   #171  
Long Lost Chickie

Semo, you've got to believe in the power of prayer and of modern medicine ... in either order.

I am praying for your friend. Keep the faith.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:21 PM   #172  

Jello, I do believe in both, it's just that my friend has already gone thru so much. About two years ago her husband nearly killed her, she has gone thru a divorce, lost her job because she worked in her ex's family business. Now she has met a wonderful man that truly loves her, has a new job (about a yr now) and is about to become a grandmother for the first time in November, she has been the happiest that I have ever known her to be. She thought that the damage to her eye was from a punch that she took from her low life ex husband, I don't know if one has anything to do with the other. But anyway thanks for pulling for her and I know she will appreciate it too.
Old 09-26-2002, 04:00 PM   #173  

Got the book. Didn't get the weights yet. Went to Walmart, but by time DS picked out his exchange toy....well, we weren't hang'n around any longer.

Tiff, Have you seen a Lift Weights to Lose Weight video? I'll be looking for that.

Sectional arrived. Fits fine, color is fine, and even think it makes the livingroom look bigger. Guess cuz it simplifies things.

Haven't gotten the $ for the bounced check yet, but I've come down off my anger.

Semo, sending your way.

going to go stare at the new furniture
Old 09-26-2002, 04:25 PM   #174  
DNW

Jello:

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Just when life seems to be getting bette finally for her. A tumor doesn't necessarily mean a malignancy, so there is a good chance she may be OK in the long run. We are all tested such strange ways and sometimes it's hard to be positive.

I will certainly pray for her and you...this must be very hard on you also.

Quote:
Originally posted by SEMO
Jello, I do believe in both, it's just that my friend has already gone thru so much. About two years ago her husband nearly killed her, she has gone thru a divorce, lost her job because she worked in her ex's family business. Now she has met a wonderful man that truly loves her, has a new job (about a yr now) and is about to become a grandmother for the first time in November, she has been the happiest that I have ever known her to be. She thought that the damage to her eye was from a punch that she took from her low life ex husband, I don't know if one has anything to do with the other. But anyway thanks for pulling for her and I know she will appreciate it too.
Old 09-26-2002, 04:26 PM   #175  
DNW

Oh I am such an idiot...please forgive me Semo and Jello..wrong name right thread...
Old 09-26-2002, 04:44 PM   #176  

DNW, someone else that gets as confused as me.
Old 09-26-2002, 04:57 PM   #177  

Thanks everybody, it's been a real downer day plus it's rained all day too. I hope that it's not cancerous but she did say it was around the optic nerve and was deep, but that it was slow growing. I don't know much about any of it but will look up some info when I get home.

So Tig what color is your new furniture. Great time for new stuff, especially when you will be going into the colder months and will be staying in more.

Got a e-mail from B & N, said that they mailed my KS exercise book on the 24th, so hope it will be here in another day or so. It would be nice to get it tomorrow or Saturday so I would have time to read it over the weekend.

Sure has been quite around here today........guess some people have lives!! ((huzs to all))
Old 09-26-2002, 06:06 PM   #178  

Semo, it's brown...cafe, beechnut pattern to be specific. I'll probably put a pic of it in my yahoo photo album. I'm such a proud mama.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:14 PM   #179  

HEY ya'll,

Semo, I will pray for your friend.....if you post your e-mail address then i will send you a nice story about the power of prayer, keep the faith!

Tig, good job on growing those balls!!! hehehehe

Tiff, hows the new job going???

everyone else, sorry, im doing two huge essays that are both due tommorrow..ill talk to you all later

;luv
kayla
Old 09-26-2002, 06:31 PM   #180  

http://<a href="http://photos.yahoo....tgrass2002</a>

ok, maybe this is the link. i'm so handicap'd when it comes to this stuff.
the new photos are...
the sectional
DH after getting dumped w/gatorade after win'n ftball game. DS is in the background.
The team in action.
Closed Thread