3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Curious #3! Doing our own thing!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/19095-curious-3-doing-our-own-thing.html)

Tigerlily 08-28-2002 10:57 AM

Hi All! Hump Day it is! I'm looking forward to a long weekend. DH better not have to work Saturday.:s: Three whole days w/o an alarm clock:cloud9:

Tiff, sorry you were attacked by food. It happens to the best. Sounds like you talked yourself back on track. You can do it! :yes:
The other day you asked what foods we eat when we really want to EAT. Mine is baked tortialla chip and salsa. Almost no fat, crunchy and salty....and I've heard :flame:hot salsa is good for a diet. When I want to snack something sweet, I munch dry cereal. Usually frosted shredded wheat bites.

I already exercised today! Woohooo! One bottle of water down, and food on track. It's so much easier for me to keep my food on track when I've done the exercise. Don't want to have worked out for nothing.:D

Dyan, what exactly are potstickers?:chin:

Jello, the yoga dvd I have is Yoga for beginners...it has lower body, abs, upper body...with Rodney Yee and Suzanne Deason. I did part of the lower body w/Suzanne. It was hard to do the poses AND watch the screen. Then, I did abs w/Rodney. He was easier to follow. Don't know about those speedos though. :o

Have a great day everyone!

Dyanm1 08-28-2002 11:18 AM

Tiger ~ Potsticker are sometimes called dumplings, at least at P.F. Chang's. Let me Try to describe them. Picture a a square noodle/ doughy thing. In this case, put chicken and veggies on it, then take one corner and fold it over in a diagnol and press all the sides together (like a pie). Boil it, then throw it in a frying pan to brown. Serve with a type of soy sauce. If anyone else can describe them, please do.

I am so looking forward to a 3 day weekend, as far as work goes. But have a hard time staying OP when not at work and in my routine :( . But I guess this will be a test.

So what do you all think? Should we post our official Halloween mini goals by Friday (as some folks can't/don't log on from home or on the weekend)? I am still pondering my mini goal. I would love to lose 2 pounds a week. Halloween is on a Thursday, so we'll count that week. For example, if you weigh in is on Monday, then you would post on Monday before Halloween. My weigh in is on Saturday, so I would post the saturday after Halloween. Make sense? :?: Should we just post them, or add them to our signatures? I am already so ahead of myself.....sorry......I just love challenges. I know, I know, I'm such a dork :twirly:

Cafe976 08-28-2002 11:19 AM

Okay, Kay-Kay, Ryan not Greg. Got it. :yes: Can I sign up here for a picture? [email protected]

Huntress, sorry to hear about your mini-crisis. Thank goodness it didn't last too long, although I'm sure you're exhausted. :(

Jello, I always freak out before a vacation/trip too. I think I feel like I might never come back and I have to have all the loose ends tied up at home and everything with me that's necessary to sustain life. Tonight, I pack. I will do it early this time, I swear.

I usually pack completely naked and then I realize that I'm sweaty, I need a shower and have packed not only all my toiletries but all my decent clothes. Then I begin running around trying to clean the house, open my unopened mail, pay bills, balance the checkbook and find a way to cleverly arrange enough cat food/water to house an army *just in case* the sitter's key sticks... Need I add that I have, on occasion, had to run all the way to the gate at the airport? By the time I get the H-E-double-hockeysticks outa town, I need a vacation. :lol:

Tiger, pretty soon you won't have a jungle anymore!! Way to go on your triple pointer. (I think.)

Dyan, Whew, nothing like the threat of moving to put the stress on. It will all work out somehow, I'm sure. Hopefully you guys can move FAR from the ex. I think you should get H on monster.com with that very goal in mind, LOL. OK, did you have to mention POTSTICKERS??? :eek:

Tiffany, That's right, girl, dust off and move on. You've come too far to slide back now!!! You are going all the way this time. It's not about how many weeks or months it's about who you are, being healthy and, and... going to the water park, doggone it.

Jello 08-28-2002 11:24 AM

Me again! I'm addicted to you guys! Getting in my "fix" before I can't any more for a while. :cry:

Tiger, I forgot to mention! Loved the photos of your 2 boys! They are so cute! :D How's school going for them? Thanks for the info on the yoga DVD. (I have simply got to get a DVD player! :rolleyes: ) Um, speedo? Yikes.

Huntress, Springboro is in the far NW corner of PA, I believe. I live near Philly which is in the far SE corner of PA. About as far apart as you can get and still be in the same state. 400 miles or so. Not even close enough to wave to each other. :( BTW, hope everything worked out with your son.

Dyan, never too much sappy stuff. It's one of the reasons I come here. Adds to my motivation. :^: Oh, and love them potstickers!!!

Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany! First, don't ever hesitate to come here even if you're not doing so well. {{{Tiffany}}} It is entirely possible to type and eat cheesecake bars at the same time!! (Trust me, I know.) Well, typing with food in BOTH hands might be a bit difficult. Whatever would you use to type with? :o

Never mind.

Anyway, YESTERDAY was binge day. Today is catch up to the wagon (you've already had your exercise by running after it) and hop back on day. P.S. A way to get rid of that sick, queasy, ate-too-much feeling .... WATER!!!!! H2O!!! Devil juice!! Get on it girlie! :soap:

Speaking of water, it's raining here!!! :rain: At long last. So what are the odds we'll have big old thunderstorms late Friday night when we're supposed to be taking off into the wide blue yonder? *Grumble*

Hm, have you noticed I always seem to have something to complain about? What a witch, eh? I'll stop now.

Ah, fresh rain. Flowers growing. Cool breezes! :) I'm tryin'.

Dyanm1 08-28-2002 02:27 PM

Sure has been pretty slow around here :( . The other threads are just as slow....hhhmmm :chin: could everyone be in Funkytown, right about now? Or do people actually have lives outside of the board? :chin:

Jo ~ You'll probably be having so much fun, you won't even give us a second thought! Okay, I'm joking. I know I look forward to getting on here and reading about what everyone's up to and to report any news that my be going on over in this neck of the woods. Although not much goes on over here.

Cafe ~ Hey girlie, what's really goin on? Where ya goin? I guess I must have missed something :?: . Wait.....a....minute.....I think it's coming back to me.......your coming out here (California) right? If ya are, it's beautiful. The weather has been great. Today it's sunny w/ a slight breeze. Not sweating to death, like yesterday. Wish I were outside playing instead of inside (playing) working.

Huntress ~ I hope you catch up soon, so you can come play :s: .

Tiff ~ Oh fearless leader, dust your a$$ off already and get back on this wagon. We can't go anywhere without someone driving this thing.

Okay, I decided that they need a little icon that has a whip. Just so we can whip each other into shape. Can ya see a little S&M icon. Black leather, cat o nine tails, leather boots..... a mask. HA that would be comical.

It's only 11:30am and I'm already thinking about dinner. How sad is that? I've even figured out how many of what I can have. I'm thinking Potstickers (7 = 392 calories), Springrolls (5 = 550) and a cup of rice. Not sure off the top of my head how many calories but I can have 200 calories worth! hehe ( I think about a cup) with some extra calories to spare, for the dipping sauces! :T

:chockiss: :chockiss:

Tigerlily 08-28-2002 02:39 PM

Hello.
I'm kinda drag'n today. I haven't over ate or anything. Probably just the stress from the last couple of weeks working its way out. I could fall asleep if I let myself. But, can't do that or I'll be up all night. :yawn: Guess I will drag myself outside, mabye mix up some roundup spray. Can ya see it, sleep walker spraying poison.
My little guy loves school. Today he was upset with me 'cuz I wouldn't bring another little boy home with us. Like ya just pick up an extra kid. I explained that we all need to get to know each other and we should wait until we are used to school. He was crying, he is used to school, he never gets to have friends over. He cried in the garage for awhile, then cried outside the front door....loud enough for me to hear in the house...then he cried in the house. He's stopped crying, but still thinks I'm the debil.:devil:

Dyanm1 08-28-2002 03:32 PM

Tiger ~ Sounds like my 3 year old :lol: . She does the same thing!

Cafe976 08-28-2002 03:49 PM

Um, Okay Dyan, this is for you.

http://www.my************/projects/e...ges/zzwhip.gif

And here is my image that was related to the "butt cleaning" fetish of... Tiger's?

http://www.my************/projects/e...es/ACF1FAA.gif

Hey, sometimes I hang out at boards that aren't as nice.

Jello 08-28-2002 04:13 PM

:lol: Cafe, too funny!!! :lol:

I just love ending the day on this fine upstanding note.... ;)

"See you" all tomorrow!

Tiffany123 08-28-2002 04:31 PM

Sorry, my puter is giving me fits. I have a cable connection and they are having trouble. So, it has been hit or miss. I start another temp job tomorrow for a computer networking company. I am there receptionist for 2-4 weeks. Maybe they will think I am indispensable and keep me. I wish someone would. I need the insurance.

Hey Dyan, I could use a vacation, I'll come to Cali. LOL

Cafe, LOVE the whip guy! Too funny.

I'll post later, trying to get my water in. BLECH.

Tigerlily 08-28-2002 05:52 PM

Yum, I found a new snack. 100% Natural Barbara's Puffins, cinnamon flavor. I've been snack'n on 'em right out of the box. They've probably been around for years, but I've only just found them in my quest for healthier foods. Kids even like them, they could pass for sugar cereal. :soap:
Nice WHIP! And the mooner, :lol: .
Well, my butt didn't do much today....besides eat Puffins.:o
I'm taking the tylenol pm tonight! Gotta get a good nights sleep.
Type u'all tomorrow!

GeTtInG_ThErE2 08-28-2002 08:10 PM

Hey girls! well! im doing good this week! TONS of water.....LOTS of exercise and not too bad on the food!!!

I spent 3 friggin hours at the school trying to get my courses all straightened out! for my first semester im taking english, science, social (year long! grr!) and foods, choir and computers. and im taking psychology and religious studies by correspondance!

on top of all that i have the choir i teach, drama club i teach, daisey days, youth group, executive for youth group, students council, yearbook, church, singing lessons, guitar lessons, newspaper writer for camp newsletter, work, friends, gym membership, and trying to find time to breathe.........its going to be absolutely nuts! but itll be fun!!!!

anywyas.....im going to go! my daddy is going out on a date tonight....and um...lets just say.....he doesnt EXACTLY have enough good taste to pick out his own clothes when hes going out somewhere nice! i ALWAYS tell him what to buy and where to shop.....and i tell him what to wear so he doesnt wear things that dont match! lol.....no fashion sense whatsoever!!!!

well...ogtta run! later girls!
luv
kayla

Dyanm1 08-28-2002 08:16 PM

Cafe ~ :lol: , I love it!!!! Thanks for the laugh. Now if they could only get that little booger on this site! :s:

Tiff ~ C'mon girl!! We'll have a blast. Have ya ever been here? Good Luck tomorrow on your new adventure. I hope it's a match and they want you to be their fearless leader . Queen Tiffany at your service :queen:

Here I sit, with a belly ready to explode. I only ate about half of what I posted. My eyes and mind were ALOT bigger than my actual stomach.... I stayed w/in my calorie range.....but man......I need to unbutton my pants and try to relax.

How's everyone doing w/ their points? I'm struggling along......I found an 8 minute workout that I'm gonna try to start doing on the weekends, so that I get my exercise in. I got weights for my b-day and have yet to use them :o .

Ugh.... I'm going to explode :bomb: :ink: :moo: :yikes: , run for your lives........Run DON'T walk!!!

Talk at cha' tomorrow :wave:

Dyanm1 08-28-2002 10:58 PM

It's official.....

I'm on an emotional roller coaster.......

My sister had a miscarriage :cry: today. Her and her DH have been trying for about a year and a half. We were all overjoyed when we found out. We've been making plans, and now the this.

My SIL, DH's sister, is also pregnant, which I mentioned in a previous post.

Then today I found out that my other SIL, my brother's wife, is also expecting. She's due in May! I am so happy for them, yet really upset for my sister.

Today has been quite a day. I want more than anything, to have this day be a "do over" and have my sister still be pregnant :( . I want to go to bed and have today be a dream.......

Joanna is due in March, my sister was due in April and Lisa is due in May. My sister and her DH will continue to keep trying, but this is going to be a long 9 months. I had a miscarriage sometime ago, but I still feel the heartbreak everytime I think about it. When I was pregnant with Lucas, they thought I might lose him. My HcG levels weren't doubling like they should. So they gave me some hormone stuff and told me to hope for the best. That feeling of helplessness was almost unbearable. I thank god for all 3 of my children. I just keep trying to tell myself that there is a reason for everything, and even though we don't see it now, we will someday.

Thank you for letting me get this out. It was either come here or go to the fridge. :cry: , I feel so helpless. I can only sit here and cry as I type this.....

Tiffany123 08-28-2002 11:30 PM

Oh Dyan, I'm sending a hug to you and your sister. I'm so sorry.... :(

I probably will not post until tomorrow night late. I am working tomorrow, with no internet access and then I get off at 6 and have a football game to go to at 7...so it may be 10 before I get home.

Kayla, your schedule sounds HECTIC. Did you leave time to bathe? Don't want you getting stinky on us now!!

Talk to you all tomorrow, keep up the awesome work!

Again, Dyan, I am so sorry for your families loss.

Tiffany