General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #361  
In the desert...

For those of you who've had the GWF or BB for a while - have you replaced the strap yet? I've had mine since Thanksgiving and the strap is getting a bit tatty - like where I take it off a couple times a day, the velcro (soft side) is getting all pulled. I think I read somewhere that once you have the armband adjusted to fit, you can put it on and off without undoing it, but that seems like a lot of pulling on the band - I prefer to rip the Velcro open and take it off more easily. Any insights?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #362  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I slip mine off and on, the velcro glue is pretty bad, replacement bands are about 10 bucks. BB for me came with M and a L, started with the L in the M and have bought one replacement.

Note: if the glue on the velcro goes bad, call tech support, they should replace it for free also in the meantime (when mine broke) i just used a saftey pin.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

I just slide mine on and off every day, I never adjust the velcro unless I need to adjust the fit which is only once every week or so.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #364  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

I just slide mine off and on without undoing the velcro. No problems, but this IS my first week with it...so you might want to take it with a grain of salt.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #365  

Height: 5'7

day two of full wear and I am LOVING THE BB! I already have about a 2300 cal deficit for the last two days and today is not over yet and i dont weigh in until Monday.. I have been on plan since Monday and im hoping for a 2lb loss this week!

Here is another question for you girls..

Should I eat close to the calories that will keep me to only losing about 1.5-2lbs per week. I do not wish to loose more than that unless its a rare occasion as I want this time around to be slow and steady like the last.

Do you girls adjust your intake based on calories you burn according to your BB/GWF? I dont want to eat to little and stall sooner if that makes any sense. Of course I dont want to eat all the calories back and such I just want to make sure I am eating enough to loose slow but steady and not drop 10lbs in 2 weeks..lol
Old 01-07-2010, 05:56 AM   #366  

Is a 2300 calorie deficit too much? I thought you only needed to have about 1000 deficit to lose 2 lbs a week. I have been having issue keeping at 1000 deficit. My plan was to burn 2400 calories and consume 1400. I have been able to burn the 2400 but am not reaching the 1400. I started counting calories on Tuesday, where I only ate 1200 and yesterday I only reached 1000 consumed. I know it's low, but when it's 7pm at night, I have no desire to eat another 400 calories before going to bed. I really need to plan my day out better and spread my calories consumed out more. Any advice would be great. I will say that I am geeked about being able to burn my 2400 everyday. Thats awesome!!!
Thanks,
Tina
Old 01-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #367  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

you only need 1000 aa day for a 2 lb weekly goal. 3500 (roughly) clories burned is a pound

but!
the more you weigh the higher your calorie burn will be. it is a fact.
someone 5'2 and 120 lbs is going to burn far less than someone of the same hight 220 lbs.

FOR THE NEW USERS: so as far as reaching your daily caloric in and out for the day, it is the deficite that matters more than the calories in. if you want to eat more, move more. LOVE That!

Have a great day!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #368  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Random question...

Is it okay to put on lotion on the area of your arm where you wear the GWF or BB? I have gotten a dry patch where my GWF rubs (the actual part with the sensors). It's not an allergic reaction, just dry skin. I've tried just wearing it on a different area of my arm, but it's not as comfortable and I end up adjusting it back to that same spot!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'7.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by julesp313 View Post
For those of you who've had the GWF or BB for a while - have you replaced the strap yet? I've had mine since Thanksgiving and the strap is getting a bit tatty - like where I take it off a couple times a day, the velcro (soft side) is getting all pulled. I think I read somewhere that once you have the armband adjusted to fit, you can put it on and off without undoing it, but that seems like a lot of pulling on the band - I prefer to rip the Velcro open and take it off more easily. Any insights?
I've had my GWF since August and have not had any problems with my strap, I do just slide mine on and off, after about the first week of fiddling with it. I do end up adjusting it every couple weeks, but that is very small.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'7.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars View Post
Random question...

Is it okay to put on lotion on the area of your arm where you wear the GWF or BB? I have gotten a dry patch where my GWF rubs (the actual part with the sensors). It's not an allergic reaction, just dry skin. I've tried just wearing it on a different area of my arm, but it's not as comfortable and I end up adjusting it back to that same spot!
I don't think that would be a problem. I moisturize with oil and shea butter most nights and I just make sure things have time to absorb a bit. Not like you're going to put a big blob of lotion on and then squish on your armband!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #371  

Height: 5'7

and today showed me the downside of having a BB...

Its an off day for me as far as the gym goes and so far I have only burned about 2265 calories for the day..... I so wanted to head to the gym today but I need to give my body a chance to recover... ill make up for it tomorrow and hey its still a deficit! I have only eaten about 1750 today
Old 01-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

I've been using my GWF for a while and have been kinda inputting my calories burned into the form there and looking at those graphs.

But I just switched over to SparkPeople for my food logging and REALLY liked all their fancy graphs and was wondering if there's any way to add my exact calories burned on there. Or is the only option to add calories burned for certain activities into the myFitness section? Do you guys know?

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #373  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

OKay Ive had my BB for over a month and now it keeps giving me an error when I try to upload it. Its fully charged the usb port is working ect.
I can NOT get ahold of CS for the life of me by email or phone.
Has anyone had this happened? Is there a way to fix it?
Old 01-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #374  

I usually get the error when trying to upload, so I just keep clicking try again over and over until it finally works. Sometimes it takes a while. But then I still can't enter my daily food consumed either. I have been trying for days and it will not let me. I am waiting for my free personal trainer call on Monday. I was going to hit her up for some help with that..... I've just been doing my own math.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #375  
In the desert...

Thanks for the input on the armband. I'll try keeping it attached and just sliding it on and off. I think I'll also get a back up band, just for piece of mind - having become so used to wearing the thing, I would be upset if I had to go without it for a few days because the band gives up!

I haven't been uploading my food for a couple of days - just totally slacked off - but I'm getting back on track now, thank goodness. The calorie burn still keeps me motivated, though, knowing that I'm doing something right!
Closed Thread