General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 12:22 PM   #31  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Another neighbor of mine, called Adult Protective Services on this man last night. He had constructed a noose hanging from his roof. He also scared this lady to death by walking up behind her in the dark and shining a flash light in her face. He was caught peeping in her windows that same evening. I hope now that something will be done.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:27 PM   #32  
lilybelle

Update 10/6/06 last night police were swarming my neigborhood. This neighbor had exposed himself to two young neighbor girls. He then hid in his house . The police kicked in his door and took him to jail. Upon searching , they found a marijuana patch in his back yard. I had 3 female neighbors show up at 11PM to find out what all the ruckus was about.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:32 PM   #33  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

not to mention

Lilybelle, you definitely have a gift of Understatement.

Glad to hear your neighbor is um, away. And getting some help I hope! Phew!!!
Old 10-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

I think I'd be exercising my 2nd Amendment right! When people are no longer safe in their own neighborhoods-it is truly sad.
Back in my grandparents day things were different. (You probably didn't need a gun, but owned one anyway). Now everyone needs one..and most people don't.
Of course, I understand why some choose not to have a gun, but sometimes, I feel that is the best protection a single woman can have.
I hope things will be safer now that things have went to far. (Exposing himself to kids is just way over the edge).
Old 10-07-2006, 07:20 PM   #35  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Lillybelle, I'm glad he's out of the way for now. I'd like to offer a word of caution. Everyone says videotape, which is great. However, please, please be discreet. i'm sure thi sman would be none to pleased if he saw a camcorder hidden in your bushes or saw you snapping pictires of his at 2 am, especially if he is suffering from any paranoid delusions. Just my two cents! My neighbor ( a labled schitzophrenic) shot and stabbed his two elderly parents in the front yard several years ago. He then hung himself in jail with his shoelaces. By all means, look into a home security system!
Old 10-08-2006, 09:12 AM   #36  

I am SO glad he's locked up. I sincerely hope he stays somewhere for a good, long time.

I feel much better knowing that he's away from you and the neighbors.

I feel badly that the young girls had to experience that. Poor things, I hope they are not too traumatized.

That happened to me when I was about 12, but I pointed and laughed.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:30 AM   #37  
lilybelle

So far he hasn't came back to his house. Not sure if he's still in jail, but probably. I do have alarms on my windows and doors now. I keep everything locked even during the day time. We do have guns in the household. My DH works a lot of late hrs. and I am pretty secure with protecting myself. I actually am most afraid for the young kids in my neighborhood and the elderly couple next door. It has pretty much turned into a neighborhood watch where we all are watching out for each other. Which is good.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:31 AM   #38  
Chocoholic

lilybelle, Sorry I was out of the office. I did not receive your posting until today. I am glad that something is being done about your neighbor. The Neighborhood watch has alot of perks besides keeping crime down when people are looking out for each other then if you notice that one of your neighbors routine (like the older neighbors) has changed and you don't see each other someone can investigate. I had an elderly friend really two friends that fell and broke their hips. They were found the next morning because they did not show to say hello or pick up their mail or call anyone. They could have laid their for days had someone not checked on them. Keep hanging in there with your diet I know it is hard but if you get bucked off your horse get right back on.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #39  
lilybelle

10-17-06 Update, He is still in jail. He was arrested this time on felony charges due to being naked on the porch of the neighbors with 2 small girls there. Plus, the drug charges. I have talked with the local police and they say that he will now have to register as a Sex Offender and anytime he does anything bad at all, he'll be hauled back to jail , pronto. His bail was set very high and nobody has got him out of jail.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #40  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

WOW Lilybelle!!!

You never mentioned this on the other board!!!
I just wanted to say I'm SO SORRY that you had to go through this and I'm so very glad that you are safe for now.

Linda
Old 10-17-2006, 02:14 PM   #41  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Has he been convicted of the sex offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
10-17-06 Update, He is still in jail. He was arrested this time on felony charges due to being naked on the porch of the neighbors with 2 small girls there. Plus, the drug charges. I have talked with the local police and they say that he will now have to register as a Sex Offender and anytime he does anything bad at all, he'll be hauled back to jail , pronto. His bail was set very high and nobody has got him out of jail.
I would think that having to register would be a result of a conviction.

If he has been convicted, having to register will be one thing. I think we've all heard about these people who move into neighborhoods and neglect to register.

I hope they will keep him for a while. (Like 20 years). The drug charge probably won't be major unless he had a lot of plants. If your state has the medical mj law, then he may get out of it or just a very light slap on the wrist. I'm not as concerned about this as I am the sex offender status.

I'm glad you are able to rest at night. Maybe your home can return to just that - A HOME!

Good luck and be safe and thanks for the update.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:14 PM   #42  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hey lily! Stay safe hun!! That is very scary. All you can really do is lock uptight and keep your eyes open. It would be nice if he could be stuck in jail for a while!
Closed Thread